• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57849202]No, I knew about that before making the challenge. It's up to you if you're not clever enough to make your own combos.[/QUOTE]

Not with hard tags, no. I don't do that swag stuff.

Good games Sollune. Those were some great matches. I really like your Chris/Cap/Vergil team. I was so glad because it's always fun to fight characters not everybody uses and is actually good with them. Plus your anchor Vergil was deadly and it really forced me to use Snapbacks which I really don't use to often and I was having some good success with them. So I feel I leveled up a bit in that regard.

Anyone up for some games on PSN?

We should play sometime. I can't remember if I ever added you or not.

At this stage Morrigan is going to be top 5 in the tier list of every top/pro player. Even on ChrisG's own list... he and Dieminion declared Morrigan top 5 at the start of Ultimate when people were still on that Wesker bandwagon. The rest of the players are just now falling in line.

At this point into the games meta I shocked that Wesker was ever so dominant.

Another interesting statistic... characters who have survived the most as a point.

point-chars.png

I am thinking of paying $4 for all the stats. Take one for Marvel GAF.

DAT Phoenix Wright percentage.

3 Points here

This list doesn't include Jill or Shuma. Or characters like Hsien Ko.

Not surprised at Veiwtiful Joe. I think he is a great and underused character.

Ouch at DAT Wright percentage

Edit: Point 4 Does this really say that Phoenix Wright is used on point more often than Spider Man? WTF is up with that. Is spidey that much unused? Nobody would dare play him second or third right?

Dahbomb

That just used tournament data from a few tournaments including a Japanese tourney. There was a Wright/Thor player at KVO. Shuma and Jill weren't used in those tournaments so they don't have stats on them.

Joe and Morrigan are hard to kill characters. Invincible hypers, reversal specials, solid air mobility, good jump normals that protect from rushdown, good life (above 900K), air hypers to bail themselves out of a tight situation, small hit boxes etc. I am not really surprised on those statistics but most of the other characters need more games for a better idea.

Frantic

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57867008]Cmon Vergil, do high time with the damn katana :-([/QUOTE]And Stinger with Yamato. Although, if Vergil was smart, he would use Yamato for Stinger/High Time. Yamato destroys projectiles, Force Edge doesn't!

GGs EasyMode and Slasher.

GGs Karst. Are games felt kinda spotty for some reason. I felt like I had input lag or something but everything was flowing fine in game, kinda weird. Your Firebrand setup can be quite devastating.

GGs Karst and Slasher. I should have gone to character select to send that last message, Slasher. I meant for 1 more game but the timer ran out while I was sending it.

I went 1 - 18 tonight... awww yeah!

This is how I felt when Karst was doing his thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y9KyBdPeKHg#t=25s

GGs to you too EasyMode. I really liked your Magneto and Hulk combo's. They really looked creative.

GGs Karst and Slasher. I should have gone to character select to send that last message, Slasher. I meant for 1 more game but the timer ran out while I was sending it.

I went 1 - 18 tonight... awww yeah!

This is how I felt when Karst was doing his thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y9KyBdPeKHg#t=25s
LOL, I've never seen that video before. GGs.

GGs Karst. Are games felt kinda spotty for some reason. I felt like I had input lag or something but everything was flowing fine in game, kinda weird. Your Firebrand setup can be quite devastating.
Our games felt very spotty. Everything was fine with EasyMode, so I'm going to blame you. :p

I've always thought our connection has noteworthy lag, but I enjoy playing against Wright so I keep fighting on.

fader

Oh, what's going on in twitch chat?

Edit: Just to be clear, Karsticles = actually me.

oohh..... someone was posing in FGTV under Karsticlesv3, i should of known it wasnt you since they had "v3"

they were talking about how "my dorm guide is the best" "I've been playing fighting games since SF2 so i know what im talking about" "I have a PhD"... you know... troll stuff

oohh..... someone was posing in FGTV under Karsticlesv3, i should of known it wasnt you since they had "v3"

they were talking about how "my dorm guide is the best" "I've been playing fighting games since SF2 so i know what im talking about" "I have a PhD"... you know... troll stuff
I wish I had a PhD. :-(

Sayah

That's quite the amazing tech you've come up with.

GGs.

I haven't been able to play this game as much as I'd like. I'm working two jobs so the time I have left is spent with Tekken.

But I consciously tried to use more assists and I would say I did a good job. And I'm starting to realize Ammy can be pretty good in anchor position.

Now I just need to watch a ton of Dr. Strange video to get an idea of how to use him. You've already given me tips with Strange and I tried to implement them but it still feels awkward using him.

fader

a guy destroyed my whole team with X-factor lv3 Vergil and decided to t-bag me post match and taunt....

lol, i love and hate this game...

GGs everyone.

Sorry that I live in Canada, Karst. =P
IDK, I've played with lots of Canadians that have better connections. Sayah, you live in Canada, don't you? Feels great to play him.

That's quite the amazing tech you've come up with.

GGs.

I haven't been able to play this game as much as I'd like. I'm working two jobs so the time I have left is spent with Tekken.

But I consciously tried to use more assists and I would say I did a good job. And I'm starting to realize Ammy can be pretty good in anchor position.

Now I just need to watch a ton of Dr. Strange video to get an idea of how to use him. You've already given me tips with Strange and I tried to implement them but it still feels awkward using him.
Dr. Strange pretty much always feels awkward to use. You're doing much better, though, and I did notice the assist calls. Thanks for the tech compliment. :)

A Shuma mirror match. Well I'll be damned.
Every 1000 years.

a guy destroyed my whole team with X-factor lv3 Vergil and decided to t-bag me post match and taunt....

lol, i love and hate this game...
That's why you don't play randoms. Want some games if you're on the PS3?

supasmashed

Neo Member
roommates playing games too so my connection might start to be laggy, if it happens I'll just leave.

man its hard fighting against small characters, can't rely on haggar assist. also zoning owns my team

Frantic

Randomly encountered (Domino's)Stone several times in ranked(my first time playing ranked in like 6 months). The amount of mixups Zero can throw at you in the span of five seconds is nuts(even without Jam Session). Even though I lost all but one game, I am still proud to say I blocked most of his mixups. I got hit more by the no-mixup mixups(jump, airdash, PIZZA CUTTER nooooooooo) than the set ups(H Lightning > Buster > L Lightning > Dash Under cr.M? Psh).

I really need to stop getting hit by buttons after mixups. It's kinda embarrassing when I block a dozen mixups, then run into a normal as if I were saying "I wasn't supposed to block those? Sorry, here you go."

Solune

Good games Sollune. Those were some great matches. I really like your Chris/Cap/Vergil team. I was so glad because it's always fun to fight characters not everybody uses and is actually good with them. Plus your anchor Vergil was deadly and it really forced me to use Snapbacks which I really don't use to often and I was having some good success with them. So I feel I leveled up a bit in that regard.

I just wanted to point out I haven't been on GAF lately or anything because I have friends over for a week. So that wasn't actually me playing lol. I did play a few matches late in that set (I woke up at around 11:30 AM), I wonder if you can figure out which matches they were =3.

Top Bottom