• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

JeTmAn81

so should i even bother learning doom's non-infinite TAC combos?

Well, if you do start learning the infinites you will probably in the course of events want to learn some his longer TAC combos to include in each rep of the infinite. The reason being that there is a certain portion of the infinite that has the tightest timing window, so if you do a longer combo before you have to get to that point, you have a lower chance of dropping it. I would say start with the basic infinites (have been working on those myself lately) and then work your way up to his longer TAC stuff.

If you're free tomorrow night Mango I'll play you.
---
@Karst, how do you feel about these configs

Firebrand / Dorm / Akuma (tatsu)
Wolverine + Dorm?
---
Is there some type of bug where the game does not pushblock Vortex or Thunderbolt?
If we play my name is:

Ps3 - EyelessOrphan

Xbox - EylessOrphan

Please note the differences in spelling. I'm much too retarded to add myself to the sheet, so if someone would like to, then go for it

Zissou

What?! Dark Harmonzier is already a highly situational assist. You're completely giving up a presence in the neutral to gain 1/3 of a bar of meter. That means you're giving up Hidden Missiles protecting you, Plasma Beam clearing the screen, Vajra clearing the skies, etc. There's a huge opportunity cost involved.

Indeed.

There's an opportunity cost, but sometimes I don't think it matters. Like against Haggar, you have to zone, and anybody who can't zone Haggar has a bad match-up against him generally. If he has dark harmonizer, he gets five bars for free or you have to go in on Haggar, which is suicidal.

There's an opportunity cost, but sometimes I don't think it matters. Like against Haggar, you have to zone, and anybody who can't zone Haggar has a bad match-up against him generally. If he has dark harmonizer, he gets five bars for free or you have to go in on Haggar, which is suicidal.
Nonsense. Put him with Plasma Beam and he's far more terrifying.

Dahbomb

That's pretty much the strategy Noel used with Hulk plus meter building assist and Phoenix in Vanilla. It worked to the point where it got him some cheap wins but his Hulk was ass.

I think if you are going to use this strategy you might as well use someone like Joe. Hard to rushdown, annoying at long range and has lots of air options to buy time until the next assist call. Jump back pipe can be avoided or air thrown with Haggar if you are on your money and of course he can't throw out Lariats because you can't burn meter.

Azure J

iETqubNcNZn2p.gif

I'm looking to try and get some games in with anyone who wants to. Preferable Texas(Huntsville!) area, as I hate online, and closer seems better(slightly less laggy) to me.

I'm learning new characters right now (Used to play Sentinel/Haggar/Wesker... Now playing... Team Norcal...) Also brother in law is working on a Zero team. Got tired of playing against each others teams, and ranked is usually bad.

Anyways.. Shoot me a friend request if interested. Online 3-8 hours every day.

PSN: makeamidget

Chavelo

How well does Dorm work with Task/Doom? Been trying to take out the robot since I don't think he'll do good at EVO. Been trying to use the Dark Hole assist to convert off a Task grab or to extend Task's BnB but it's nearly impossible. :(

SmokeMaxX

How well does Dorm work with Task/Doom? Been trying to take out the robot since I don't think he'll do good at EVO. Been trying to use the Dark Hole assist to convert off a Task grab or to extend Task's BnB but it's nearly impossible. :(

My buddy uses Zero/Dorm/Task and I'm pretty sure he gets conversions off airthrow with Dark Hole. Dorm/Task works fairly well together.

Zissou

I assume you're using Task horiztonal arrows and Doom missiles? Dorm plus missiles is great.

Have you tried OTGing with late jumping H arrows, having them bounce up into dark hole, and then doing shield skills xx sharp sting? Seems like it would work, but I don't know how long dark hole holds them in place...

Dahbomb

Flux defeats ChrisG in historic NLBC match. ChrisG has now lost to Zero back to back, something that has not happened before.

Best character in the game... it only took one and a half year.

Chavelo

My buddy uses Zero/Dorm/Task and I'm pretty sure he gets conversions off airthrow with Dark Hole. Dorm/Task works fairly well together.

Hmm, never heard of that. So he does an airthrow with task, calls Dark Hole, and then he does the Arrow Lift? Tried to do that a couple of times, couldn't get it to work (prolly doing it wrong :p). Do you happen to have a video of you guys playing?

I assume you're using Task horiztonal arrows and Doom missiles? Dorm plus missiles is great.

Have you tried OTGing with late jumping H arrows, having them bounce up into dark hole, and then doing shield skills xx sharp sting? Seems like it would work, but I don't know how long dark hole holds them in place...

What happens is that if I do the standard relaunch bnb, Task is too close to the opponent to be able to do that once he calls Dorm. Since Dark Hole comes out a bit front of the point character, about 10% of Dark Hole is actually in the screen when you do it on the corner. I've been messing around with the relaunch combo. I do a sharp sting after the 2nd relaunch to be able to combo into Dark Hole -> Sharp Sting, but it would be nice to be able to use Dark Hole with the complete combo. :/

I'm looking to try and get some games in with anyone who wants to. Preferable Texas(Huntsville!) area, as I hate online, and closer seems better(slightly less laggy) to me.

I'm learning new characters right now (Used to play Sentinel/Haggar/Wesker... Now playing... Team Norcal...) Also brother in law is working on a Zero team. Got tired of playing against each others teams, and ranked is usually bad.

There's a Google Doc of PSN names in the OP. My PSN is in there along with everyone else's - add me up. I'm in IL, though, so you might not want to play me.

Task/Dormammu/Doom is good. Taskmaster is one of the very few characters without a teleport who can appreciate Dark Hole since it covers Shield Skills.

onionfrog

I'm in MI, but I'll add you and we'll see if the connection is worth playing on.

Flux defeats ChrisG in historic NLBC match. ChrisG has now lost to Zero back to back, something that has not happened before.

Is Chris G's reign of terror over? I'm gonna have to check out the archive for last nights NLBC.

Kioshen

Is Chris G's reign of terror over? I'm gonna have to check out the archive for last nights NLBC.

I doubt it. When he used Magnus in Grand Finals for ECT5 it shifted the balance against Flocker. I'm pretty sure he'll work on his Magneto for Evo to help in different match-ups.

Frantic

The time of Zero is upon us. I wonder if we'll ever see the destruction a Zero/Dante/Strider team can cause to MorriDoom...

But seriously though... at least against MorriDoom, you can still play the game. It might be downright impossible to win with some characters against good ones, but you still have a chance - however slim. Once a legitimate Zero gets a hit, you might as well just go back to character select in the #PRRogClassic to get it over with. It's also more likely to stage a comeback against Morrigan team than it is a Zero team. Morrigan teams usually have more opportunities to survive a combo from and what not than a Zero team.

Dahbomb

I'm in MI, but I'll add you and we'll see if the connection is worth playing on.

His reign of terror isn't over... I was just being a bit facetious. Zero players are still going to get bopped in tournaments. ChrisG is still the best and is the favorite to win all tournaments from now until EVO.

I was just talking about Zero finally putting up wins against ChrisG.

How is everyone's schedule looking the next month or so? I might throw another Marvel tournament pretty soon, depending on the answers.

I would be down. We had a pretty good turnout last time, and as long as we kept to our schedules pretty well. It was only a couple of rounds that took some time to set up. Most of us (PSNers at least) played our matches pretty quickly. As long as we kept to our schedules in a timely manner what's the downside.

GGs Slasher. I would keep playing but I have to go to work. OMG Shuma-Gorath won a match! :-O

GGs Karst. Man Firebrand setup was wrecking shit. I really hate blowing X-Factor in the first five seconds and on a low health character but the unblockable setups are just too dirty and my characters have no defense against it, so I should have went for some more X-Factor blows at the start. Dorm and Shuma are still a great pair but (I was getting annoyed at the firestorm and laser combo keep away) are more manageable. Then when Shuma was alone it was pretty much worry free, except for that one match. I usually don't have trouble with air characters with Wright as most of his normals are great anti airs but that dive grab move Firebrand has goes right through everything. If I try to block it, Shuma's laser will save Firebrand and give Firebrand enough time to start another attack. I didn't really have a strategy at the start and it hurt my game.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I remember during the last month of Vanilla I was playing Storm and some guy messaged me saying something like "I'm glad they took away assist + float in Ultimate". The guy was a Zero player.

Frantic

The entire time, I knew exactly what was going to happen...because it's happened so much to me.
Preeeetty much. About to clutch it out? Too bad, you got the worst possible Legion combination.

If Mighty Thunder and Nemesis' level 3 didn't exist, Legion would be the worst super in the game.

onionfrog

Preeeetty much. About to clutch it out? Too bad, you got the worst possible Legion combination.

If Mighty Thunder and Nemesis' level 3 didn't exist, Legion would be the worst super in the game.
Mighty Thunder is ass! Why did they make the startup soooo slow? I wish they'd buff it to be more like magnetic shockwave.

They should buff legion too.

Top Bottom