• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Zissou

iETqubNcNZn2p.gif

The sad thing is, legion wasn't probably going to kill anyway :*(

GGs Karst. Man Firebrand setup was wrecking shit. I really hate blowing X-Factor in the first five seconds and on a low health character but the unblockable setups are just too dirty and my characters have no defense against it, so I should have went for some more X-Factor blows at the start. Dorm and Shuma are still a great pair but (I was getting annoyed at the firestorm and laser combo keep away) are more manageable. Then when Shuma was alone it was pretty much worry free, except for that one match. I usually don't have trouble with air characters with Wright as most of his normals are great anti airs but that dive grab move Firebrand has goes right through everything. If I try to block it, Shuma's laser will save Firebrand and give Firebrand enough time to start another attack. I didn't really have a strategy at the start and it hurt my game.
GGs! Yeah, Shuma-Gorath alone was free, but I would have won a few of those if I could do his combos. -_- I got a respectable number of hits in, so I blame myself until I can combo properly with him.

I think X-Factoring Firebrand is smart, though you can't let Dormammu breathe if that happens. Wright's c.L and his evidence search look so similar, I try and dive into the shield sometimes and get bopped but I think it's safe. -_-

Preeeetty much. About to clutch it out? Too bad, you got the worst possible Legion combination.

If Mighty Thunder and Nemesis' level 3 didn't exist, Legion would be the worst super in the game.
Mighty Thunder can be good for THCs sometimes!

xCobalt

I decided to pop in the marvel disc a few days ago and trying to form a good team. So far I got Wesker on point, Thor second with mighty smash and looking for an anchor with a projectile/beam assist that isn't Doom. Any suggestions? Was using Taskmaster for a bit but I'm not sure if theres a better alternative.

I forgot that I have to install this shit. Watching it slowly tick upward...waiting....waiting...waiting. Damn....I've had this game for several months but never bothered doing this. It's sooooooooo slow.

Haha, everyone says that. :p

It took me a while to figure out a good way to get Phoenix after snapping her in. I still don't have a great strategy...

I did not get one.

But what you got with the stalling in the air then the dive is good. Even dashing up isn't helping because of Shuma's knocking her down. Even if I were to use burnout beak to hit Firebrand, she is going to take damage still from shuma. Her only option is to burn meter if you don't want the damage. Either way, your team is a hard one to break.

GGs Karst, sorry I'm not up to my usual incredibly low standard of play, we went rock climbing and my hands are numb lol

Just wanted to get some games in with you before UFGT, you're ready kid!

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";58976641]GGs Karst, sorry I'm not up to my usual incredibly low standard of play, we went rock climbing and my hands are numb lol

Just wanted to get some games in with you before UFGT, you're ready kid![/QUOTE]
Eh, a lot of things will mess me up:
1) I normally play on a 52" TV. The Evo monitors are unfamiliar.
2) I'm on PS3, tournament is on 360.
3) Crowds
4) Matches mattering.
5) Completely different stick (I HATE THIS)

If I win one tournament match, I'll be pleased.

And I think that's the freest your Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix team has ever been to me. You usually give me trouble with that one.

Eh, a lot of things will mess me up:
1) I normally play on a 52" TV. The Evo monitors are unfamiliar.
2) I'm on PS3, tournament is on 360.

3) Crowds
4) Matches mattering.
5) Completely different stick (I HATE THIS)

If I win one tournament match, I'll be pleased.

And I think that's the freest your Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix team has ever been to me. You usually give me trouble with that one.

if anything, these two will be your biggest obstacles to overcome. 360 does run differently than ps3, and i practice on an evo-caliber monitor, and it takes me a few matches to adjust.

you got this though.

Just watched KBR vs. Fooblat first to 15.

Am I right in thinking that Fooblat's team is far better overall, but KBR is just the better player? I think anchor Wesker is better than Sentinel mid, though sentinel gives you a lot more OTG confirms. Its just that Wesker/Haggar >>>> Sentinel/Haggar.

Am I right in thinking that Fooblat's team is far better overall, but KBR is just the better player? I think anchor Wesker is better than Sentinel mid, though sentinel gives you a lot more OTG confirms. Its just that Wesker/Haggar >>>> Sentinel/Haggar.
KBR is a much better player than Fooblat.

link? I didn't see anything from last week, if there's anything else cool from that tournament let me know.

KBR is a much better player than Fooblat.

It's kinda like Panda and Beef playing Hulk against each other.

Azure J

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";58985833]Well other than the hands thing, ive only been playing hawkeye lately. and i hate using wesker vs firebrand. hawkeye is the best

strider is not fun[/QUOTE]

Strider is amazing fun man. When people start doing stupid things because you're out of XF and you just run the slimy resets on them for the OCV? Best feeling ever.

I'm slowly beginning to feel like I play a team of Quantum characters, their effectiveness is directly proportional to how much you believe in them. On that note, anyone up for a set later? I took another break and got sloppy again.

JeTmAn81

The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure Strider would be a lot more satisfying to play if the rest of the cast was balanced like him. So anybody that sits in third and provides an insanely good assist should probably have ass damage like him. I'm looking at you, Doom.

Dahbomb

Both players use approximately the same team. Hulk + Haggar backed up by an OTG assist so Hulk/Haggar have TODs from most confirms and throws. KBR's team is more optimized for Hulk as Sentinel's assist is better for OTG pick ups as it grabs two characters where as Gun shot only picks up one character. Fooblat has access to unblockables though. Fooblat almost always uses Wesker as an anchor but KBR sometimes uses point Sentinel with Lariat assist. Wesker is of course a better anchor than Sentinel.

Sentinel Haggar is not that bad at all by the way. I would say Fooblat's team is slightly better but not by much.

RoKiN

Neo Member
Hey guys!, I've been playing on Xbox lately but I also own it for PS3. I'm always looking for matches that can help me lvl up!, I've played only a couple of you guys. I'm looking forward to play with you!.

Shoutouts to anyone that have played with me :) . My PSN : xKeVoHx Xbox Live : I I R o K i N I I

Let me know your Gamertags, Xbox pr PSN :)

Both players use approximately the same team. Hulk + Haggar backed up by an OTG assist so Hulk/Haggar have TODs from most confirms and throws. KBR's team is more optimized for Hulk as Sentinel's assist is better for OTG pick ups as it grabs two characters where as Gun shot only picks up one character. Fooblat has access to unblockables though. Fooblat almost always uses Wesker as an anchor but KBR sometimes uses point Sentinel with Lariat assist. Wesker is of course a better anchor than Sentinel.

Sentinel Haggar is not that bad at all by the way. I would say Fooblat's team is slightly better but not by much.

the big thing that I would probably note about KBR's team is that Sentinel brings a lot more DHC damage, and having hard drive to get out of sticky mixups is something that saves him a lot of the time. However, when each player loses Hulk, Fooblat has a much higher change of winning the round than KBR. That said though, KBR's Sentinel is probably his weakest character, and if he could get it up to rayray level or so he'd do a lot better.

Man, KBR needs to stop using Sentinel's cr.B on Wesker. Neutral Jumps kill that move and all the other options and lead Wesker to one touch him.

Top Bottom