• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

LMAO nah I saw it but unless that happens to a marvel god, Vergil SWORDS ALL DAY ERRRR DAY SQUAD. Vergil IS BETTER.
You mean getting perfected? Top players get perfected by Zero all the time. ChrisG got perfected by Mihe at Final Round. FChamp, ChrisG and Yipes have been perfected by Flux. Flocker has performed a perfect on Justin. This is not some anomaly, Zero has one of the highest perfect rates in the game.

Vergil requires meter to get started and is VERY vulnerable to incoming mix ups.

Zero can get out of incoming mixups better due to better air mobility.

As much as I hate Vergil, Zero is on a whole level of stupidity.

Dahbomb

Zero doesn't need to get out of mix ups because he's a POINT character. He starts off the match with a Buster charge which demands respect. If he is ever put into a position where he needs to block on incoming then you fucked up somewhere.

Zero doesn't need XF and he doesn't need meter. That right there is the main advantage he has over someone like Vergil, he is the most resource efficient character in the game. Even if you plan to spend all that meter saved, its meter well spent because Sogenmu and his LVL3 are great hypers.

Azure J

It's why I enjoy him. Constantly keeps me on my toes and makes me think - something I feel a lot of people don't actually do when playing Marvel.

I think that's one of the reasons why I both love and hate my rate of progression with Viper. There's nothing quite like reading people with Viper and hassling them into bad situations without going full HAM all the time but at the same time, it sucks when something goes wrong and you are guaranteed to lose her.

I'm still debating internally over what my third team will be between Dante/Vergil/Strider and Dante/Sentinel/Strider. The former is better based on the most dominant metagame team, I get a DHC glitch to carry any of Dante's nonsense into and I get double derp to fall back on (lol), the latter is really fun and I miss optimizing for point Dante a ton lately.

Sigmaah, stop sending me ggs when you know damn well they weren't ggs for me. >_<

Anyone on 360 want to play right now?
His fingers were in the wrong spot on the keyboard. He meant to type "LLs" each time to taunt you for dying to Zero. One time may have been meant as "LOLs" for how overpowered the character is, though.

Azure J

His fingers were in the wrong spot on the keyboard. He meant to type "LLs" each time to taunt you for dying to Zero. One time may have been meant as "LOLs" for how overpowered the character is, though.

Haha.

I really don't know how someone can play Zero at that aptitude and tell others that Vergil's better. It's like my mind is slowly floating out of my skull into the air "Poochie returning to home planet" style.

There was one instance during the set where I blocked a 17 second long block string (I counted!) and extended mixup and I just couldn't believe how many hoops I had to go through just to remain blocking. Then I get opened up because a push block got read as a button. =/

Whenever I got rid of Zero, I got Helm Breaker'd. When I read the Helm Breaker, Swords Up and dash dance under me any time I decided to so much as think of jumping upward for a breather. (Not super jump, jump.) After scrambling to get Vergil out, I'd get Akuma'd after getting a decent confirm only for the final input for whatever super I was doing to become something retarded like a super jump or the wrong super.

I'm. SALTY.

Haha.

I really don't know how someone can play Zero at that aptitude and tell others that Vergil's better. It's like my mind is slowly floating out of my skull into the air "Poochie returning to home planet" style.

There was one instance during the set where I blocked a 17 second long block string (I counted!) and extended mixup and I just couldn't believe how many hoops I had to go through just to remain blocking. Then I get opened up because a push block got read as a button. =/

Whenever I got rid of Zero, I got Helm Breaker'd. When I read the Helm Breaker, Swords Up and dash dance under me any time I decided to so much as think of jumping upward for a breather. (Not super jump, jump.) After scrambling to get Vergil out, I'd get Akuma'd after getting a decent confirm only for the final input for whatever super I was doing to become something retarded like a super jump or the wrong super.

I'm. SALTY.
LTP. ;-)

In all seriousness, I wish PS3 and 360 could play together. If only the companies could just hug it out...

Maybe that'll get solved next gen.
Since everyone will be on PS4. Nobody is gonna buy the Xbox One with all that DRM
Well, I'm still wary that PS4 is on the same boat. Sony gave some shady answers to those questions. Even so, I think PS4 will be the system of choice for fighting games due to better specs, free online, and no Kinect required (tournaments will not deal with that crap).

onionfrog

Well, I'm still wary that PS4 is on the same boat. Sony gave some shady answers to those questions. Even so, I think PS4 will be the system of choice for fighting games due to better specs, free online, and no Kinect required (tournaments will not deal with that crap).
If Sony ends up doing it too then I'll jump ship and go back to Nintendo.
I'll have to get a Wii U at some point for Smash Bros anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There will be a Marvel on PS4/X1. The property is too valuable and profitable, and both sides would be more than willing to do another. It's coming. Not in 10 years, but less and around 5 from release of MvC3.

Marz

I love Brawl. It has its flaws but its packed with content and the gameplay is really good outside of dumb stuff like tripping.

It's why I enjoy him. Constantly keeps me on my toes and makes me think - something I feel a lot of people don't actually do when playing Marvel.

Be psychic. Sounds like a joke, but it's kinda not. You basically have to read what the Wolverine wants to do in every spot and preemptively counter it. There's not much I can give in the way of tips besides play the matchup and recognize spots where Wolverine wants to do things and figure out what beats it. Maybe even play Wolverine a bit yourself to get a hang of when and where you want to be doing stuff. Crystal and Hysteric are definitely recommended in the matchup.

The obvious point teams would be Dante/Vergil/Magneto or Dante/Vergil/Strider, but there's also Dante/Trish(Low Voltage or Peekaboo would be my recommendations, but Hopscotch can be useful against Wolverine)/Strider, Dante/Iron-Man/Strider, Dante/Doom/Strider, Dante/Sent/Strider, Dante/Magneto/Sentinel, Dante/Iron-Man/Sent, Dante/Dorm/Magneto, Dante/Dorm/Doom to name a few.

Generally, you want either Strider or a horizontal projectile on your team. Both is the best of both worlds.
I think it's why I'm enjoying him as well. I'm a Chris player and I always have to be very aware of everything going on which is why I enjoy him.

Psychic is basically how I've been playing against Wolverine but damn that's just shitty. One wrong guess and Dante is likely dead. It is funny as hell when I predict a berserker slash and teleport and the guy will cross himself up.

Out of those teams I think I'm definitely gonna check out a Dante/Iron Man dynamic. I really liked Storm too, and she's not a very used character so I think that will be in my favor.
For secondary I think Nova/Dante/Strider is pretty solid. Viper/Dante/Strider is awesome though. Viper really benefits from the two of them and it's a super fun team to play.
I ended up trying out that team and really liked it so I'm definitely gonna experiment more with that one. Thanks.

Mango's playing Spy May Stride? Welcome to the good life. :)
Yeah I'm trying all sorts of Dante combinations.

I can do rapid seismos like nothing in sf4 but in marvel I'm having a ton of trouble....quite strange. People always said they were way easier in this.

Now that I'm a lot more comfortable with Dante I need to start figuring out some more advanced combos

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Good games, AzureJ.

I'm not sure what happened to our connection. Regardless, it was fun! I don't get a lot of practice against Strider. Hell, it's not often that I get to play against a team without Zero, Vergil, or Doom on it. Let me know if you're up for any games in the future.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dante/Morrigan tech and combos. This should be ChrisG's secondary team.

Hm, most of what was in that video was a Morrigan combo and a Dante combo connected via a TAC, without a ton of real synergy between the two. You could have substituted Morrigan and Dante for other characters and it wouldn't have made a big difference.

The only really unique thing is the THC where Million Dollars keeps them pinned for Soul Stealing combos... I would have expected him to show Silhouette Blade DHC into DT for a free mix-up and a free invincibility super into a full combo for Dante. Even the Jam Session into Soul Steal Soul Fist in the corner is something that Chris G can currently do with Vergil.

GGs TWILT! I'm definitely getting more and more comfortable with my new team :3

Hawkeye vs 3 teleporters is so painful, I think I only killed two of your characters with point Hawkeye once in 35 games. You and your funky Dante shenanigans. If I had to critique anything though, you never mix me up after the acid rain! You just run up!

I woulda got bopped so bad if I was using anchor Strider instead of Magneto, I'm glad I made the switch. Much closer set.

TWILT

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60337645]GGs TWILT! I'm definitely getting more and more comfortable with my new team :3

Hawkeye vs 3 teleporters is so painful, I think I only killed two of your characters with point Hawkeye once in 35 games. You and your funky Dante shenanigans. If I had to critique anything though, you never mix me up after the acid rain! You just run up!

I woulda got bopped so bad if I was using anchor Strider instead of Magneto, I'm glad I made the switch. Much closer set.[/QUOTE]

GGs!

Yeah, I just like trying to dash under, and attempt to cross up. That and I get Twister instead of Acid Rain like half the time online anyway. I'll try and do rain more next time.

Your Magneto is quite good as usual and I had to adapt to your Hawkeye's arrows. I think you could use work on optimizing Vergil's combos though.

Man I don't know shit with Vergil, 90% of my training time now is Hawkeye and Magneto. I'm probably the only person in the world you want to snap Vergil out to anchor with. I don't know what I'm doing when I don't have EMD with him lol

Definitely a priority to work on.

Zissou

I've slowly started working on Vergil stuff, but I am also interested in learning some Magnus. How would a team of Nova/Mags/Sent sound?

Top Bottom