• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

New Magneto solo BnB time! Up to 825k for one bar ^_^

Also, I didn't know you could just launch and go into flight and still combo people.

edit: I did it! 853,800 damage for one bar, no assists with Magneto!

box dash jHS, HS, jH adf jH xx Mag Blast L, jH xx Mag Blast L, 2HS, jH addf jH, jMH xx Mag Blast L, h xx Hyper Grav L, box dash jHS, HS jH xx EMD M xx Magnetic Tempest

starting off of a tridash jL into two 2Ls drops the damage by about 100k.

Anyone on XBL up for some games tonight at around ~11 PM EST? Took a really long break from the game so I'm hella rusty and I need some practice. My GT is PR1M3 R1B so just add me and send me a message if you're down.

Solune

@God's Beard, do you have those old combos you posted for Spencer/Dorm from a while ago compiled off hand? Would like to try using that team at some point.

@Karst, How do you do the DHC from Firebrand to Dorm's 1C1D combo consistently? Feels like it's stricter than it should be.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anyone on XBL up for some games tonight at around ~11 PM EST? Took a really long break from the game so I'm hella rusty and I need some practice. My GT is PR1M3 R1B so just add me and send me a message if you're down.

I'll probably be on tonight- GuardianE9999. If I see you on, I'll shoot you a message.

Good games Professor Beef, your teams were getting me super frustrated, lol. And as soon as I saw you pick Team Armor, I couldn't help but wonder if you were trolling me.

I'm honestly starting to feel like my Amaterasu isn't completely awful now (still pretty awful though), but my second character is always the weak link, it feels like, and I'm still not sure who to pick at this point between Doom or Nova.

Good games Professor Beef, your teams were getting me super frustrated, lol. And as soon as I saw you pick Team Armor, I couldn't help but wonder if you were trolling me.

I'm honestly starting to feel like my Amaterasu isn't completely awful now (still pretty awful though), but my second character is always the weak link, it feels like, and I'm still not sure who to pick at this point between Doom or Nova.

The basic rule of thumb is that if I'm not using Team Armor or a team with VJoe on it, chances are I'm trolling you and/or I'm bored lol.

Good games though!

@God's Beard, do you have those old combos you posted for Spencer/Dorm from a while ago compiled off hand? Would like to try using that team at some point.

@Karst, How do you do the DHC from Firebrand to Dorm's 1C1D combo consistently? Feels like it's stricter than it should be.
Tons of practice, and it doesn't work with all characters (I think). I don't even bother doing it, really. I prefer to go into Firebrand resets since they're so much better, or unblockables. I only DHC to Stalking Flare if it will kill, or if I'm going to XFC into 1D2C (huge damage). The timing is very hard because you don't have any visual or audio cues for when you can start charging.

Whoo, new combo tech inspired by Solune's question!

• Magneto/Spencer/Doom
jS, 2HS, jH adf jH xx Magnetic Blast L, jH xx Magnetic Blast L, 2HS, jH adf jH xx Magnetic Blast L, jMH xx Magnetic Blast L, H xx Hyper Grav L, raw tag to Spencer, armor piercer, forward grapple, A2(hidden missiles), up grapple, up grapple xx Bionic Maneuvers, OTG Grapple + A1(EMD)
~1,050,000, meterless version >800k

First off, you have to understand that even though I used it at NCR last year I don't think it's a competitive team. It's just super flashy because you can do a bunch of crazy raw tag combos and stuff. You'd be better off looking elsewhere for BnBs, but here's some of the tech I came up with for Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto off the top of my head(may be slightly off):

Dormammu:
2L5H +A2(EMD), hold up forward, jLHS, H xx Dark Matter xx Stalking Flare DHC Bionic Arm, Up grapple, A1(Purification), Up grapple, OTG Grapple, zip zip up grapple, Bionic Bomber xx Bionic Maneuvers

level 3, raw tag to Spencer, OTG grapple(super hard)...
...(corner)dark matter, raw tag to spencer, armor piercer xx Bionic Maneuvers DHC stalking flare(i think you can raw tag and grapple after, not sure)
crazy resets with slant shot assist

Spencer:
(corner)6H+A2(EMD), MHS sjc up grapple...
command grab, raw tag to magneto, Gravity Squeeze, raw tag to Spencer, 80k combo, raw tag to dormammu, 3H +A1(slant shot)...
THC(dorm on liberation assist), up grapple, up grapple, zip zip up grapple, bionic bomber xx bionic maneuvers

Magneto:
gravity squeeze, raw tag to dormammu, 3H +A1(slant shot)...
...hyper grav, raw tag to spencer, armor piercer, upgrapple, A1(purification), up grapple, bionic bomber xx bionic maneuvers
...jH adf jHS, raw tag to dormammu, 3+A1(slant shot)...

I know it's kinda late but I got around to watching that Kaneblueriver exhibition FT15 set and it was awesome. Intense all the way. Lariat vs H battle of the century.

Is there something unusual about Vergil's forward dash startup? I can plink dash it indefinitely without ever getting a standing H, but back dashes and dashes from other characters aren't as consistent.

Frantic

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60515149]Is there something unusual about Vergil's forward dash startup? I can plink dash it indefinitely without ever getting a standing H, but back dashes and dashes from other characters aren't as consistent.[/QUOTE]It's a weird bug where you can just mash dash while holding forward and he dashes regardless. Ghost Rider can do it too, except his is backwards dashing.

onionfrog

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60525117]Ok, that makes sense then.
I'll play if you're still around.[/QUOTE]
Excellent Games tonight Beardo!
You completely wrecked my shit when you picked your Wesker team.

Some of my personal favorite highlights from tonight:
-That strider comeback against Magneto when I had a sliver of health left.
-Apparently Bird Bombs > Magneto Tridash pressure.
-Shout outs to Kitty Helper and solo unblockables!

It was a very enjoyable set Beardo, and I think I'm in good enough shape to not look like an idiot at Michigan Masters tomorrow.

Excellent Games tonight Beardo!
You completely wrecked my shit when you picked your Wesker team.

Some of my personal favorite highlights from tonight:
-That strider comeback against Magneto when I had a sliver of health left.
-Apparently Bird Bombs > Magneto Tridash pressure.
-Shout outs to Kitty Helper and solo unblockables!

It was a very enjoyable set Beardo, and I think I'm in good enough shape to not look like an idiot at Michigan Masters tomorrow.

GGs man! I'm getting more comfortable with Vergil, I'm trying to avoid playing Phoenix too often and just swapping Hawkeye or Wesker in the Vergil/Magneto shell. I'm gonna have a hard time not cornering myself with Hawkeye until I get better at sliding under then using trick maneuver H when people jump.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60530117]I just turned off my system but if you wanna play a long set I'll log back on. like ft30.[/QUOTE]

FT30 is too long for me at this time, lol. Maybe some other time though.

Solune

Tons of practice, and it doesn't work with all characters (I think). I don't even bother doing it, really. I prefer to go into Firebrand resets since they're so much better, or unblockables. I only DHC to Stalking Flare if it will kill, or if I'm going to XFC into 1D2C (huge damage). The timing is very hard because you don't have any visual or audio cues for when you can start charging.
Well I just tend to mash QCB and hope it goes off as soon as possible. I've been playing your team but Akuma is not doing enough work for me, need another anchor, and no not Vergil!

Also been trying to play Dante/Morrigan/Dorm but I don't know the team order I want lol.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60503253]
First off, you have to understand that even though I used it at NCR last year I don't think it's a competitive team. It's just super flashy because you can do a bunch of crazy raw tag combos and stuff. You'd be better off looking elsewhere for BnBs, but here's some of the tech I came up with for Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto off the top of my head(may be slightly off):

Dormammu:
2L5H +A2(EMD), hold up forward, jLHS, H xx Dark Matter xx Stalking Flare DHC Bionic Arm, Up grapple, A1(Purification), Up grapple, OTG Grapple, zip zip up grapple, Bionic Bomber xx Bionic Maneuvers

level 3, raw tag to Spencer, OTG grapple(super hard)...
...(corner)dark matter, raw tag to spencer, armor piercer xx Bionic Maneuvers DHC stalking flare(i think you can raw tag and grapple after, not sure)

Spencer:
(corner)6H+A2(EMD), MHS sjc up grapple...
command grab, raw tag to magneto, Gravity Squeeze, raw tag to Spencer, 80k combo, raw tag to dormammu, 3H +A1(slant shot)...
THC(dorm on liberation assist), up grapple, up grapple, zip zip up grapple, bionic bomber xx bionic maneuvers

Magneto:
gravity squeeze, raw tag to dormammu, 3H +A1(slant shot)...
...hyper grav, raw tag to spencer, armor piercer, upgrapple, A1(purification), up grapple, bionic bomber xx bionic maneuvers
...jH adf jHS, raw tag to dormammu, 3+A1(slant shot)...
crazy resets with slant shot assist[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, and don't worry I don't intend to play it competitively. Part of keeping motivated is simply keeping interest in the game itself and I feel that playing alot of shells will help me. Canada Cup is coming in September so I'm still thinking if I should go or not.

Well I just tend to mash QCB and hope it goes off as soon as possible. I've been playing your team but Akuma is not doing enough work for me, need another anchor, and no not Vergil!

Also been trying to play Dante/Morrigan/Dorm but I don't know the team order I want lol.
Proper team order is Morrigan/Dormammu/Dante.

Mashing qcb gives you rdp, unfortunately. My team doesn't have Akuma on it! :p And Firebrand/Dormammu/Akuma is a mediocre team.

Thanks for the info, and don't worry I don't intend to play it competitively. Part of keeping motivated is simply keeping interest in the game itself and I feel that playing alot of shells will help me. Canada Cup is coming in September so I'm still thinking if I should go or not.
Go, but settle on your main team 1 month before the date and focus on it.

GGs GuardianE and Joe! Had a ton of fun playing with you guys.

Man I was ASS lol, GuardianE's Dante put mine on blast! Only one I remember how to play decently is Nova, I'll just have to grind it out some more when I get some time. I was even dropping Doom combos! My break from the game was a mistake.

Vice

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60515149]Is there something unusual about Vergil's forward dash startup? I can plink dash it indefinitely without ever getting a standing H, but back dashes and dashes from other characters aren't as consistent.[/QUOTE]

It's a bug where the start up frames of his command H is canceled into his forward dash automatically.

joe2187

Banned

Man I was ASS lol, GuardianE's Dante put mine on blast! Only one I remember how to play decently is Nova, I'll just have to grind it out some more when I get some time. I was even dropping Doom combos! My break from the game was a mistake.

I apologize for my shit shit play, I was fucking around with two different fight pads, and the 360 controller and finally got around to using a can of compressed air to fix the buttons on my Arcade stick.

Leaving Lobby
Leaving Lobby
Leaving Lobby
Leaving Lobby

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

GGs, Tyrant! I liked your Nova play. I could tell you knew what you wanted to do, but it wasn't coming out because you were rusty and just hadn't done it in a while, heh.

It was a lot of fun! Just send a message if you're up for matches in the future.

I apologize for my shit shit play, I was fucking around with two different fight pads, and the 360 controller and finally got around to using a can of compressed air to fix the buttons on my Arcade stick.

Leaving Lobby
Leaving Lobby
Leaving Lobby
Leaving Lobby

Don't worry man, it's not like my play was all that great either! My girlfriend decided to call during the matches too so that didn't help either

I remember one time I was playing online against a random who was using a Spider-Man team and the down microswitch on the joystick in my arcade stick decided to die on me. That was... not a good match for me. I couldn't crouch, block low, or even do quarter circles!

GGs, Tyrant! I liked your Nova play. I could tell you knew what you wanted to do, but it wasn't coming out because you were rusty and just hadn't done it in a while, heh.

It was a lot of fun! Just send a message if you're up for matches in the future.
Thanks. I'm trying to find a good team to use for Nova and Doom since they're my favorite characters. I like Dante for his assist but I haven't practiced anything with him so I was messing up dumb things like cold shower xx stinger bold cancel teleport. I'll probably just go with Taskmaster or Vergil honestly. Was thinking about Strider as well.

I liked your Dante a lot, that one reset into the unblockable setup with the Wesker assist was hot. If I ever decide to play Dante/Wesker I'm totally stealing that.

Top Bottom