• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Proper team order is Morrigan/Dormammu/Dante.

Mashing qcb gives you rdp, unfortunately. My team doesn't have Akuma on it! :p And Firebrand/Dormammu/Akuma is a mediocre team.

Go, but settle on your main team 1 month before the date and focus on it.

have you ever tried Firebrand/Skrull/Shuma? I've been fiddling with it a lot and really enjoy what I am getting out of the team. Its also pretty fun being 3 bad guys!

Nobody was online, so I made you guys some massive combo gifs.

Stalking Flare shenanigans:
combo1gyu57.gif

Fullscreen Hawkeye kill combo(~900k, 2 bars):
combo2ucu85.gif

Fullscreen Magneto kill combo(~950k, 1 bar, ~1200k, 3 bars):
combo3eeuao.gif

GB your combos always sound so wacky but damn are they cool.

So I was thinking....I don't mind being teabagged and taunted or whatever, but when it's Sentinel it just seems wrong. I mean 5 tons of metal balls just crushing my fucking skull......just seems like murder.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60701061]GGs to TWILT and Beef!

Sorry about trolling you guys with the Spencer team, I really wanted to land my gif combo with the raw tags :-([/QUOTE]

GGs to you too. You almost Viscant'd yourself in one of our earlier games.

smurfx

get some go again
like a month ago i sent you a friend request and you never accepted. :[ anybody ever play this one guy called godgiven fate? dude can't ever lose without sending you hate mail.

onionfrog

I know that got me hyped as fuck. Your Felicia gets better every time I play you, great job man.
Thanks man, I may try to experiment with some new Felicia teams. I'm not sure if my current combination of 3 low damage characters is working out so well. I think it takes too many resets to kill off a character with my team as-is.

Also I'm glad I finally stopped running headlong into maya shield, and did a decent job of fishing for command grabs today.

onionfrog

Man I feel like playing some random all matches. Best two out of three for each set of randoms. Any takers?
GGs Slasher, those random select matches were nothing short of hilarious!

-Those Hsienko assist shenanigans!

-That fullscreen wolverine level 3 punish

-Cheesing out Shehulk with ghost rider's spire attack over and over. (You can thank Karst for that idea)

-We both don't know how to use doom!

-Having to cope with and adapt to the shitty assists that random select gives you!

-That MODOK grab super on dark Phoenix!

-all those dark Phoenix comebacks. (both sides included)

We ought to do this again sometime. It was loads of fun!

GGs again Onion Frog. Random all is always fun to play even when you lose. I am so confused on how I'm supposed to play She Huk. I kept getting her and I didn't know how to do anything or what I was supposed to do.

onionfrog

GGs again Onion Frog. Random all is always fun to play even when you lose. I am so confused on how I'm supposed to play She Huk. I kept getting her and I didn't know how to do anything or what I was supposed to do.
You're supposed to lose.
kappa
Really though, I don't think she has any answer to ghost riders spires...
She has trouble getting in on alot of
characters. Once your in its about air throw and command grab schenanigans.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60837337]I've been having a lot of problems with x-factoring then getting hit even though I didn't hit any buttons.[/QUOTE]

Map X-Factor to R3. Zero problems ever.

In case Dahbomb's dreams ever come true, here's the changes I want for Hawkeye:

• 2M slightly farther horizontal hitbox so it connects after L more often
  • jS hyper-cancelable(why isn't it already? this is Hawkeye's only air to ground move)
  • Trick Maneuver M always moves in the direction Hawkeye is facing(so sliding under people to escape the corner is more viable)
  • Ice breaker M improved to explode into crystals with 5 low durability when interacting with other projectiles(like dante's ice, since current version has no utility)
  • Triple Piercing moved to the middle third of the screen(currently a worse version of Kamikaze)
  • Exploding Arrow moved to the first third of the screen
  • Trade OTG-capability for special-canceling on 6M(Hawkeye doesn't need all these combo tools, he's a zoner)

Basically, round out his zoning tools so they're all usable in exchange for forcing him to use his ground bounce to extend combos more often.

Overpowered dream change: can cancel trick maneuvers into air specials

God's Beard the first and last changes were suggested by FGTV as well.

Yeah, they're obvious changes most people would want. I took out OTG-capability because Shock Value into Ragtime Shots would be a new main damage dealer through pure chip so I figured I should take away one of his easy combo options.

Top Bottom