• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Does anybody ever cancel Vergil's orbs into devil trigger for a fullscreen combo? I don't remember seeing that too often.

Also, I wish you could trigger exploding arrow with H.

GGs FSLink!

wow, you had quite a few different teams that require the opponent to block like crazy, all of them were super solid.

i honestly don't even know why i have doom on my team lol. i'm pretty sure he didnt even play during the first 5 games or so. i don't know any TACs, i can barely convert his midscreen combo, and if he's by himself he's doa. he's such a great assist, but my only gimmick with him is to land a reset/airthrow in the corner with nova so i can raw tag into him.

FSLink

Banned
GGs FSLink!

wow, you had quite a few different teams that require the opponent to block like crazy, all of them were super solid.

i honestly don't even know why i have doom on my team lol. i'm pretty sure he didnt even play during the first 5 games or so. i don't know any TACs, i can barely convert his midscreen combo, and if he's by himself he's doa. he's such a great assist, but my only gimmick with him is to land a reset/airthrow in the corner with nova so i can raw tag into him.

Thanks. I facepalmed when I missed that Dr. Strange comeback. :( Not sure if it was lag or pressing f.H too fast before you fell down. I was surprised I landed the full FoF loop online. Always feels good. Either way...Good games.

Nert

Hah, good games, Smurf! I was beyond free in most of those matches (with some baffling execution errors), but I still enjoyed the puzzle of approaching you from across the screen. I was even able to predict your Lariat assist calls a handful of times!

smurfx

get some go again
Hah, good games, Smurf! I was beyond free in most of those matches (with some baffling execution errors), but I still enjoyed the puzzle of approaching you from across the screen. I was even able to predict your Lariat assist calls a handful of times!
gg's you ever try frank west second? your tron is pretty good so you would be able to level him up easy.

Thanks. I facepalmed when I missed that Dr. Strange comeback. :( Not sure if it was lag or pressing f.H too fast before you fell down. I was surprised I landed the full FoF loop online. Always feels good. Either way...Good games.

when you picked team nemo i was like 'dang he's going to try going for the fof loops isnt he' i gotta admit i was super impressed you were able to land them in online conditions; imo much more impressive/hype than zero lightning loops you did on me lol

when you picked team nemo i was like 'dang he's going to try going for the fof loops isnt he' i gotta admit i was super impressed you were able to land them in online conditions; imo much more impressive/hype than zero lightning loops you did on me lol

Wow people pull these online? Consistently? Here I am complaining that I can't do Magneto's powder smack combo into hyper grab loops online. If I ever play online it's against my cousin and we have the worst routing.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60974993]You know, I don't think anybody here knows about any of these rumors until you come in here and tell us not to believe them.[/QUOTE]
Good let's keep it that way.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60974993]You know, I don't think anybody here knows about any of these rumors until you come in here and tell us not to believe them.[/QUOTE]

I did a google search for "MVC4" and "Marvel vs Capcom 4", restricting to results in the last week, and nada.

After putting it off forever, I decided to jump on Ranked to get my 100 wins achievement. I prefer playing longer sets than one off games, so I try to avoid ranked. Since it was the last achievement I needed, I knocked it out last night to complete the game. Feels good. :p

Wow people pull these online? Consistently? Here I am complaining that I can't do Magneto's powder smack combo into hyper grab loops online. If I ever play online it's against my cousin and we have the worst routing.

it was pretty gdlk. i'd rather get "one-player game'd" by fof loops than lightning loops.

aren't you in OC? we should meetup for an irl session.

onionfrog

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60992305]Anyone wanna play Vanilla later?[/QUOTE]
Lol what?
I sold my copy of vanilla to help pay for ultimate

Fucking PS3 install times.

edit:

Wow, it's so different. Is it just me or is the camera closer in vanilla?

Wow, Felicia looks glitchy getting juggled in this one. Spencer combos just don't work anymore, no zips or grapple BnBs.

MAGNETOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;_;

LakeEarth

I remember Spencer's high damaging midscreen combos in Vanilla were so strange and height dependent with zipline. Now it's just corner carry into upgrapples, and it does way more damage.

God I miss Vanilla Magneto and the DHC trick.

I remember Spencer's high damaging midscreen combos in Vanilla were so strange and height dependent with zipline. Now it's just corner carry into upgrapples, and it does way more damage.

The most damage in the game.

edit: Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix what have the done to you? ;_;

You were my best friend! You were everything to me! EVERYTHING!

This just isn't fair! Gohan! Gohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!

FSLink

Banned
FSLink, I'd love to play you again sometime soon. You still play on 360?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60976789]FSLink let's play later. I haven't played a Zero or Strange lately.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down to play either one of you. I want a Dante mirror @ Azure. :p

670k Magneto combo no meter or assists ;_;

linking two plink blasts together ;_;

Rapid fire EMDs ;_;

soft knockdown beam assist ;_;

anti-air wesker gunshot ;_;

1.1 million health ;_;

TK Shot H endless tracking and air teleports ;_;

Dahbomb

No character deserves to be top tier.

670k Magneto combo no meter or assists ;_;

linking two plink blasts together ;_;

Rapid fire EMDs ;_;

soft knockdown beam assist ;_;

anti-air wesker gunshot ;_;

1.1 million health ;_;

TK Shot H endless tracking and air teleports ;_;
Yeah fuck all that broken shit. Although I will take my plink air dash Iron Man back.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It's a joke.

You can't just look at it one sided GB, you're forgetting characters that got better from vanilla to ultimate like Ryu, Chris, Cap, Felicia(I think, she doesn't have ADK in Vanilla right?).

Pretty much. All in all, Vanilla had an enormous host of problems. DHC glitches, horrible implementation of X-factor, invincible assists, lack of OTGs, and the stupidity of Dark Phoenix.

Dahbomb

Only thing I really miss about vanilla is assists having a set hit stun even late into a combo. I understand the reasoning behind the change, but they did it in the most lazy way possible - and some assists still ignore hit stun(like Hidden Missiles).

You mean there's a problem with this combo?
The original FAIR and BALANCED character.

Dante and Phoenix Wright are the biggest examples of how we should not listen to S-Kill's tier list guess work. "Dante is barely mid/high tier in our internal tier lists!"

Edit: Wait a fucking minute... I was looking at the wrong bars!!! Dante built 5 bars in a combo.... his opponent built like 3 bars. That combo is impractical because if the other guy had Phoenix (which the way the meta game was going was extremely likely) he would've been enjoying all the free meter gain received from getting his characters whooped.

Still ... Vanilla Dante could build 5 meters in a single combo. Let that sink in a for a bit.

Frantic

Vanilla Dante was Ultimate Zero before Ultimate Zero. Extremely dumb, but you had people say he wasn't that bad because 'he takes execution'.

Edit: Wait a fucking minute... I was looking at the wrong bars!!! Dante built 5 bars in a combo.... his opponent built like 3 bars. That combo is impractical because if the other guy had Phoenix (which the way the meta game was going was extremely likely) he would've been enjoying all the free meter gain received from getting his characters whooped.
Dante could always snap when he has built three bars and then put Phoenix into a really hard to block/get out of situation and have plenty of meter to spare for more snaps if she gets out.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Dante and Phoenix Wright are the biggest examples of how we should not listen to S-Kill's tier list guess work. "Dante is barely mid/high tier in our internal tier lists!"

Still ... Vanilla Dante could build 5 meters in a single combo. Let that sink in a for a bit.

To be fair, he was talking about Phoenix Wright pre-patch, when Turnabout Mode offered completely invincible, unpunishable assists with huge hitboxes... some which forced wallbounce. Opponent does a super? Call Wright. Trying to cover your approach? Call Wright. Opponent got you cornered in a mix-up? Call Wright.

Now, I'm not saying he would be top tier, but people would have found some use for him in real teams. We'd probably have more reliable tech for getting him evidence and hitting that Turnabout.

Dahbomb

Number of legitimate majors Vanilla Dante won = 1
Number of legitimate majors Ultimate Zero won = 1

The mark of a true F&B character.

Still less damage than Spencer.

You forgot Vanilla Hammer and Berderper Slash. Oh and combos that built like 3 meters.

I didn't forget. I was posting my team.

You can't just look at it one sided GB, you're forgetting characters that got better from vanilla to ultimate like Ryu, Chris, Cap, Felicia(I think, she doesn't have ADK in Vanilla right?).

But I don't care about those characters.

Frantic

Number of legitimate majors Vanilla Dante won = 1
Number of legitimate majors Ultimate Zero won = 1

The mark of a true F&B character.
Truly the FAIREST and most BALANCED characters.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";61025141]Still less damage than Spencer.[/QUOTE]With three times the meter and ten times the style.

Solune

Yeah fuck all that broken shit. Although I will take my plink air dash Iron Man back.
No character deserved to be nerfed like Dante either =p. Then there's characters that don't deserve to be bottom tier (Hsien-ko)
You forgot Vanilla Hammer and Berderper Slash. Oh and combos that built like 3 meters.

Meter build would've been *fixed* in Ultimate if they kept his changes the same though. Not being able to anti-air L when rapid fire L characters can, retarded.

---

Time to play Vanilla, it's been too long OG DANTE not UMvC3 Dante, not DmC Dante. The real fucking Dante.

FSLink

Banned
To be fair, he was talking about Phoenix Wright pre-patch, when Turnabout Mode offered completely invincible, unpunishable assists with huge hitboxes... some which forced wallbounce. Opponent does a super? Call Wright. Trying to cover your approach? Call Wright. Opponent got you cornered in a mix-up? Call Wright.

Now, I'm not saying he would be top tier, but people would have found some use for him in real teams. We'd probably have more reliable tech for getting him evidence and hitting that Turnabout.

I would expect Wright/Morrigan/Doom to be a top tier team, and Chris G has definitely showed a few times that he can play pretty decently no matter who he throws as 3rd (Firebrand). Giving them an invincible assist once Wright gets Turnabout would have been ridiculous.

GGs Slasher. Final score was 8-8 so we gotta do a tiebreaker sometime. :p (For those curious he was using Wright/Hulk/Wesker and I was using Wright/Frank West/Dante)
I lol'd when we both plink'd evidence and both Mayas ended up hitting us.

I'm down.
Good games FSLink. Our Wrights fought pretty evenly. I usually hate Wright ditto matches but that was pretty fun.

God what character I wouldn't kill to have that back. :)

FSLink

Banned
Good games FSLink. Our Wrights fought pretty evenly. I usually hate Wright ditto matches but that was pretty fun.
Yup. I've been actually practicing yours/Poltergust's Wright team but I didn't want a complete mirror match, lol. Plus I've been trying to work on my Dante so he's not dead weight on my Zero May Cry team.

And yes, that was hilarious. I think mine hit second and I ended up getting the combo in that case? Haha

Dahbomb

Dante deserved those nerfs just like Phoenix did. It's not like Capcom made them bad characters or ill equipped.

Unjustified nerfs are what Tron (minus the assist that was justified) and She Hulk got. Please don't give me that swan song of Dante.

onionfrog

Dante deserved those nerfs just like Phoenix did. It's not like Capcom made them bad characters or ill equipped.

Unjustified nerfs are what Tron (minus the assist that was justified) and She Hulk got. Please don't give me that swan song of Dante.
I wouldn't be opposed to reducing the pushback on his normals.
I agree with you on what She-Hulk and Tron got.. completely unjustified.
I still can't believe Hsienko got next to no useful buffs!

SmokeMaxX

I tacked him on, not like I can get any better at this game either way
Yessss.
Actually I have no idea who ur other two characters are, but Haggar fits well with a lot of teams and is definitely usable at lower levels. He's usable at higher levels too but obviously takes more to fit him on a team than Doom.

Top Bottom