• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";61724300]Magneto/Spencer/Doom isn't a troll team after all? So much shit going on.

800k meterless corner carry magneto starter
950k 1 bars
1200k 2 bars

resets everywhere
fullscreen kill combo conversions off of both beams[/QUOTE]
This is 100% a legit team.

Too bad I fucking hate playing Magneto with Doom missiles. I'm trying to twist the team around without much luck. Pretty much only works with these characters.

Marvel GAF, I need your help.

I've got a collection of the soundbits that characters say before and after fights, but did somebody rip the battle lines as well? I need Dr. Doom's in particular (although any would be great).

hitsugi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";61724300]Magneto/Spencer/Doom isn't a troll team after all? So much shit going on.

800k meterless corner carry magneto starter
950k 1 bars
1200k 2 bars

resets everywhere
fullscreen kill combo conversions off of both beams[/QUOTE]

We have to get you a capture card or something. You should be posting videos of all the breakdowns you do because they'd be helpful man

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";61811954]I was so sad when I was off for the capture card at SF25th by one number during the raffle.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I think I remember that.

Here's a Magneto raw tag roundup:

3 starters:
  1. jH adf jHS
  2. hyper grav
  3. hyper grav(delayed, switches sides)

good taggers:
Type 1:
Wesker(with assist) - Damage/reset
Haggar(with assist) - Damage/reset
Doom - Damage
Dante - Damage/reset
Vergil(with assist) - Damage/reset
Dormammu(with assist) - Damage/Setup

Type 2:
Spencer - DAMAGE(with missiles)/reset
Spider-Man - RESET(jab into hyper throw)

Benefits:
  • Adjust/correct team order without risky tags or DHCs, heal magneto!
  • Damage! Magneto doesn't use bounces, so you can add several hundred k to your combos with raw tags!
  • meter building, up to 2 full bars!
  • tagging to an anchor then DHCing lets you use the same assist twice in a combo

Dead Thor for two bars off of 3 Magneto lights, corner carry, builds ~2 bars:

tridash jL, 2LLS, jH adf jH xx Magnetic Blast L, jH xx Magnetic Blast L, 2HS, jH xx Magnetic Blast L, jMH xx Magnetic Blast L, H xx Hyper Grav L, jH, HS, jH xx EMD M xx Magnetic Tempest DHC Bionic Maneuvers, OTG grapple, zip zip, up grapple, A2(Hidden Missiles), up grapple(delay slightly), S sjc Upgrapple, Bionic Bomber

~1.3 million damage

This is a universal, self-sustaining combo that kills every character in the game and can be confirmed off of anything almost anywhere on the screen.

Double hidden missiles combo:

A2(hidden missiles)tridash jL, 2LLS, jH adf jH xx Magnetic Blast L, jH xx Magnetic Blast L, 2HS, jH adf jHS, raw tag to Doom, MS, jMM6H xx Photon Array DHC Bionic Maneuvers, OTG grapple, zip zip, up grapple, A1(Hidden Missiles), up grapple(delay slightly), S sjc Upgrapple, Bionic Bomber

~1 million damage

Still working on this one, I'm sure I can extend the Doom section but I don't really know a lot about combos with him right now. The idea here is that I can start on the worst possible hit confirm(full missles connect plus several lights) and still get a kill combo for two bars on the majority of the cast.

So I have three BnBs now that start off of Magneto for this team:

• <1 million health characters, clean hit/grapple assist - hyper grav raw tag to spencer, one bar
  • >1 million health characters, clean hit/grapple assist - DHC, two bars
  • missiles confirm - HKD raw tag to Doom, DHC, two bars

If I'm being honest, I don't think I've ever used a team before with so much raw damage potential off of random confirms. Fullscreen beams to death, massive assist scaling to death. I've used Spencer teams that did more damage, but those were corner-only combos. This is a self-sufficient team that kills off of anything and can do it again and again. I'm very happy how it's turning out and I still have a ton of Doom and Spencer tech to work out.

I've also been tightening up my Magneto resets, but it doesn't seem like they're that necessary any more. More for my other teams.

Dahbomb

What are some Iron Man combos besides magic series and the one where you cr.M and then flight and then just go into a combo?
IM doesn't have a magic series combo and the flight combo is cr.L, cr.M, st.H, Fly, j.M, into jump loop type combo.

I am not gonna list the whole combo unless you are dedicated to learning the character. Just know that you can't just ABCS bull shit with the character.

IM doesn't have a magic series combo and the flight combo is cr.L, cr.M, st.H, Fly, j.M, into jump loop type combo.

I am not gonna list the whole combo unless you are dedicated to learning the character. Just know that you can't just ABCS bull shit with the character.
c.L, c.L, S!

Heavyjugz's Vergil just waits until he has a lot of bars, then activates Spiral Swords and just jumps around hoping it does something.

Also mrnow12 has terribad lag.

GGs Sephiroth!

Even if I wasn't using a point Magneto team, losing to your Magneto hurts me :-(

Just wasn't my day man. Too bad you left right after I swapped to my main team, though.

I HATE MODOK CORNER TRAPS

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62119285]GGs Sephiroth!

Even if I wasn't using a point Magneto team, losing to your Magneto hurts me :-(

Just wasn't my day man. Too bad you left right after I swapped to my main team, though.

I HATE MODOK CORNER TRAPS[/QUOTE]

aw. :( should have picked it first. ggs. The corner trap is funny, I'm surprised you blocked so much high and low.

EDIT: if you stay in the corner after the jamming bomb, I get a free unblockable unless you tag out. If you tried to get out by holding back(jammed), you have to block the df H or u get combo'd again. But I sometimes mix up with air throws and fake jamming bomb(H bomb). Sometimes people don't pay attention to what bomb it is. But if it is Phoenix or some dumb assist on your team(missles) I snap that character in after Jamming bomb.

My whole game plan was run the fuck away from MODOK because jamming bomb causes nightmares in stronger men than me. Kinda worked until it didn't. EMD with the horizontal grapple assist makes me so mad when it connects too close for a conversion. Got you a few times but it was either too close or assists got in the way. Then MODOK's hitbox trolled me with the doom rawtag combo. Tried using my new Spencer team because anchor magneto was too scary with the incoming mixups.

I'm surprised you blocked so much high and low.

DOWN FORWARD UP FORWARD PLEASE GOD SAVE MAGNETO

and fake jamming bomb(H bomb).
That was so evil :-(

Top Bottom