• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

FSLink

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";65774286]I feel like Viewtiful Joe/Zero/Rocket Raccoon is the best team nobody plays.[/QUOTE]

What makes you say that? Zero + RR Log Trap is pretty fun though, being able to call Log Trap at super jump height like VJ.

I've been trying out Phoenix Wright/Magneto/Dante lately and it's pretty solid, lots of easy ways to get into Turnabout, and Disruptah assist is good for sniping other assists....I do need to learn better Mag combos and his TAC infinite though.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";65774286]I feel like Viewtiful Joe/Zero/Rocket Raccoon is the best team nobody plays.[/QUOTE]

What does Zero offer Joe/RR that Frank doesn't? Besides lightning loops which Zero can do on nearly any other team?

kick51

Banned
posted this in the weekly thread, but it's probably better here.

I'm working on Doom...how do I do the fly/unfly M+Ms business? And his mid-screen combos-- I can't seem to fly down fast enough after the hard knock down, is there some trick to it that's different than the corner?

LakeEarth

I'm working on Doom...how do I do the fly/unfly M+Ms business? And his mid-screen combos-- I can't seem to fly down fast enough after the hard knock down, is there some trick to it that's different than the corner?

After you air dash down, press a button. You'll fall down faster.

M+Ms is just (after a TAC), j.M, fly, j.M, dash, j.M, etc.

Always dash cancel Doom's j.S into an aerial normal to help him land faster.

kick51

Banned
thanks guys, i'll go practice that stuff.

Also, is there anything special about how to dash over after his forward throw? Seems like I just need to get better at tri-dashing, which is a bit hand-mangling on pad, even with a dash macro. I'm just doing dash, up, down-forward dash. Sometimes it comes out nicely, other times a forward air dash comes out.

Also, is there anything special about how to dash over after his forward throw? Seems like I just need to get better at tri-dashing, which is a bit hand-mangling on pad, even with a dash macro. I'm just doing dash, up, down-forward dash. Sometimes it comes out nicely, other times a forward air dash comes out.
I'm afraid it's just one of those things that takes a lot of practice. Doubly hard on a pad. If you get a forward air throw, make sure to j.S afterward to land as fast as possible.

Zissou

Bolded is indeed the easiest way to do it (double tri-dash works too, but the timing is more strict, so no point to do it). Practice makes perfect.

Fwd. throw in the air is a whole different story- getting the combo after that is dependent of the air throw height and it's fucking hard.

kick51

Banned
Turns out i wasn't delaying the Ms enough for the midscreen combo. I got the j.S into dash normal cancel part so he isn't landing all far away anymore, i'll put together the rest tomorrow. after the dash normal cancel, it's just land, tri-dash, H? or is there something else to do to speed up the fall? I got the tri-dashes down a little better, should be fine by the end of the week, which will improve my fraudoom immensely.

Zissou

Turns out i wasn't delaying the Ms enough for the midscreen combo. I got the j.S into dash normal cancel part so he isn't landing all far away anymore, i'll put together the rest tomorrow. after the dash normal cancel, it's just land, tri-dash, H? or is there something else to do to speed up the fall? I got the tri-dashes down a little better, should be fine by the end of the week, which will improve my fraudoom immensely.

After dash-cancelling the jump S, you whiff a normal on the way down (I use j.M) which speeds your descent.

After dash-cancelling the jump S, you whiff a normal on the way down (I use j.M) which speeds your descent.

the scrubby way (which i prefer) is to keep mashing LMH (air dash down-forward) until something comes out. then you can land and tri-dash OTG

also,
what do you plink dash when in flight mode? i end up getting butter gun.
for now i just alternate forward dash and upforward dash and i can get across the screen pretty quickly instead of zig zagging df/uf dashes.

still inconsistent on my doom mid screen combos online, but if there is relatively little lag ive been consistently landing TAC combos.

converting better from butter gun combos at normal jump height, so that's good.

lost my 19 game win streak against a terrible auto-guard person. there was much salt

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";66048286]Anyone wanna play later? I need to get through my regrets of not signing up for EVO and saving P4A from the Friday ghetto.[/QUOTE]
What about P4A now?

I might try to learn it tonight.

Zissou

the scrubby way (which i prefer) is to keep mashing LMH (air dash down-forward) until something comes out. then you can land and tri-dash OTG

also,
what do you plink dash when in flight mode? i end up getting butter gun.
for now i just alternate forward dash and upforward dash and i can get across the screen pretty quickly instead of zig zagging df/uf dashes.

I use M~L to plink airdash with Doom. It works consistently for me.

TWILT

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";66048286]Anyone wanna play later? I need to get through my regrets of not signing up for EVO and saving P4A from the Friday ghetto.[/QUOTE]

I could play later. Also, you could have asked me to play P4A. =P

kick51

Banned

I was trying that yesterday, but I kept getting the beam

I'll keep that in mind. My hands were shaky after hitting the dash and this is one of those things that would be much easier on stick.

I hope we get the silent TEs here at some point. Normal sanwa is way too loud for my apt building thanks to concrete walls and wood floors :\

Zissou

I was trying that yesterday, but I kept getting the beam

I'll keep that in mind. My hands were shaky after hitting the dash and this is one of those things that would be much easier on stick.

I hope we get the silent TEs here at some point. Normal sanwa is way too loud for my apt building thanks to concrete walls and wood floors :

Players like Fanatiq play characters like Magneto on a pad and do very well, but I think a stick makes marvel much easier to play. Buttons aren't THAT loud (as long as you don't go nuts while you're playing and mash like a madman). You could try a stick with regular sanwas and then look into getting silent buttons is anybody complains.

kick51

Banned
I've had a TE, it's really loud. It actually annoys me too...at locals/tournies, it's not as noticeable because of all the ambient noise.

I hear the Silent Hits are gonna be at Evo. Maybe I can bribe a Gaffer to pick one up for me.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";66085391]GGs Beef, Zero grind is gonna be a long one -_-[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know why you kept command dashing away in the air like that.

Unrelated, but I kept laughing my ass off every time you Gravity Squeezed Joe. :lol

I have to do that because he gets so slippery in combos. Not as bad as with Wesker, though.

I have no idea how to do combos with Zero or Rocket. Pretty much a one character team lol

kick51

Banned
doom plink dashes?

...okay, i'll worry about that later.

I realize this is like 3 years late to the party, but he's a damn fun character to learn.

Zissou

oh i thought you had to plink dash like on the ground (H then hit LM a frame later). unless i've been doing it wrong this whole time?

you can still whiff butter gun and successfully land and otg. i usually get butter gun when i mash dat shit.

Dash is just two buttons, so you can use whatever buttons you want to plink dash (usually). Adding a third button makes it easier for some people. Doom can't do it on the ground, but you can fly and plink dash around in the air until flight mode runs out.

On your second comment- maybe he was getting accidental plasma beam?

doom plink dashes?

...okay, i'll worry about that later.

I realize this is like 3 years late to the party, but he's a damn fun character to learn.

I love Doom but I fully understand why many people hate bothing using him and playing against him.

kick51

Banned
Dash is just two buttons, so you can use whatever buttons you want to plink dash (usually). Adding a third button makes it easier for some people. Doom can't do it on the ground, but you can fly and plink dash around in the air until flight mode runs out.

On your second comment- maybe he was getting accidental plasma beam?

I love Doom but I fully understand why many people hate bothing using him and playing against him.

Yeah accidental plasma beam. and when i land right, i get an accidental super, so i just gotta plug away at it a lot more to get the muscle memory in there.

Wow. I just saw a tutorial and people have been using 3 buttons, which I'm not used to coming from sf4; but this shit is super easy now plonking how I would in sf. Thanks!

I feel so dumb

Top Bottom