• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Seems like in that new Project x Zone game, there is a lot of crossover in stories and characters among the Capcom side. Here's what some DMC fans picked up:

*Arthur not only knew Sparda but fought alongside him as well.

*A lot of the Darkstalker cast knows of the Sparda legend.

I actually bought it and I don't own a 3DS. I was just worried that it's one of those games that I'm not gonna be able to find down the line. I plan on buying a 3DS once Pokemon releases though.

Frantic

Seems like in that new Project x Zone game, there is a lot of crossover in stories and characters among the Capcom side. Here's what some DMC fans picked up:

put_sparda_in_darkstalkers4

Zissou

Stick players

Do most of you have your setup as

L M H
S A1 A2

I use mine like this but haven't seen anyone else do it

L H A1
M S A2

Bottom is marvel 2 style. Top is standard for mvc3 but it's down to personal preference. I have a friend who plays with the marvel 2 layout and has no problems.

JeTmAn81

Anybody know how RayRay does the reverse Air Photon Array with Doom in the corner to get good damage off a Magneto Shockwave DHC? It looks like he airdashes forward and foot dives right before but I can't make it work.

Zissou

Anybody know how RayRay does the reverse Air Photon Array with Doom in the corner to get good damage off a Magneto Shockwave DHC? It looks like he airdashes forward and foot dives right before but I can't make it work.

You just normal jump up, do a fwd.H footdive, and then very quickly do the photon array input right as you've crossed over them (reversed inputs for the hyper since you're now on the other side). It's a little wonky, but it's not too tough. If you do the reversed photon array input too early, it won't work since you haven't crossed over them yet, and if you do photon array to late, you'll have "hit" the edge of the screen, which causes Doom to be able to do nothing until he falls to the ground.

Rorschach

Yeah that's why I ended up doing it. I was just so stubborn coming into this game from all the years of playing mvc2.

I started out with the Marvel 2-esque one, but I kept trying to use the characters' old launchers instead of just S. :p I forced myself to switch to the standard for the sake of convenience.

JeTmAn81

You just normal jump up, do a fwd.H footdive, and then very quickly do the photon array input right as you've crossed over them (reversed inputs for the hyper since you're now on the other side). It's a little wonky, but it's not too tough. If you do the reversed photon array input too early, it won't work since you haven't crossed over them yet, and if you do photon array to late, you'll have "hit" the edge of the screen, which causes Doom to be able to do nothing until he falls to the ground.

Hmm, I tried it but couldn't get it to work. I was F+H footdiving as soon as I left the ground, maybe I need to jump a bit higher? Thanks for the other Doom tips BTW.

I actually bought it and I don't own a 3DS. I was just worried that it's one of those games that I'm not gonna be able to find down the line. I plan on buying a 3DS once Pokemon releases though.

I tried the demo and it really sucked. All the games I've played outside of fighting games have sucked. Last one was the new Tomb Raider. God damn, and I was looking forward to it, too.

I think Project X Zone is awesome. Really like the combat. Timing all your assists and combos to get that elusive CRITICAL is really enjoyable.

Really like the recognizable animations. Dat Frank West super!

shaowebb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";66929816]I tried the demo and it really sucked. All the games I've played outside of fighting games have sucked. Last one was the new Tomb Raider. God damn, and I was looking forward to it, too.[/QUOTE]

You should probably play Code of Princess instead of Project X Zone IMO. Project X Zone isn't really a true combo lab sort of game. Its more of a spectacle thing like most Banpresto cinematic action SRPG titles. Doesn't feel like normal combos at all. Code of Princess though is one thats legit combo fun and its made by the Guardian Heroes folks. Give it a look sometime if you are wanting portable crazy stuff.

You should probably play Code of Princess instead of Project X Zone IMO. Project X Zone isn't really a true combo lab sort of game. Its more of a spectacle thing like most Banpresto cinematic action SRPG titles. Doesn't feel like normal combos at all. Code of Princess though is one thats legit combo fun and its made by the Guardian Heroes folks. Give it a look sometime if you are wanting portable crazy stuff.

I appreciate that Code of Princess is drawn by Kinu Nishimura, but I'm actually not interested in that sort of game. I don't like single player combo games like Devil May Cry as much. I can't play games where I'm not actively thinking for more than 10 or 15 minutes. I only played X Zone because there was a demo and I only have two 3ds games(Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter).

My favorite single player games this gen were Catherine and Dark Souls.

shaowebb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";66942641]I appreciate that Code of Princess is drawn by Kinu Nishimura, but I'm actually not interested in that sort of game. I don't like single player combo games like Devil May Cry as much. I can't play games where I'm not actively thinking for more than 10 or 15 minutes. I only played X Zone because there was a demo and I only have two 3ds games(Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter).

My favorite single player games this gen were Catherine and Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you should invest in Dota or LoL.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";66929816]I tried the demo and it really sucked. All the games I've played outside of fighting games have sucked. Last one was the new Tomb Raider. God damn, and I was looking forward to it, too.
I appreciate that Code of Princess is drawn by Kinu Nishimura, but I'm actually not interested in that sort of game. I don't like single player combo games like Devil May Cry as much. I can't play games where I'm not actively thinking for more than 10 or 15 minutes. I only played X Zone because there was a demo and I only have two 3ds games(Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter).

My favorite single player games this gen were Catherine and Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

Oh man...not bad at all. Definitely a couple of my favs from this gen, especially Catherine. I liked Demon's Souls a little bit more than Dark Souls though.

I really dug the demo for Project X Zone, which is why I bought it. Sounds like you may just be tired of what gaming has become. Tomb Raider was a massive letdown for me as well. The Last of Us is basically what I was hoping Tomb Raider would be, so at least there's that.

Zissou

Hmm, I tried it but couldn't get it to work. I was F+H footdiving as soon as I left the ground, maybe I need to jump a bit higher? Thanks for the other Doom tips BTW.

Yeah, do it a little higher off the ground (I'm not sure why it matters, but it seems to). I'll make a video in a bit.

JeTmAn81

Yeah, do it a little higher off the ground (I'm not sure why it matters, but it seems to). I'll make a video in a bit.

Awesome, because I still can't get it to work. While you're at it, show how to do the Magneto corner combo that knocks them down long enough to raw tag in Doom for a followup!

Zissou

JeTmAn81- Here's the Magneto/Doom hard tag combo: http://youtu.be/jJ3x2ihPxTc

In the corner, you launch, do a j.H as soon as possible after launch, then wait a fraction of a second before doing air dash down-forward hitting them with j.S on the way down when you're both near the ground. Then raw tag into Doom, and do cr.M xx S to OTG, launch, and continue the combo. It seems character specific to me- I tried doing it on Wolverine a few times and couldn't get the launcher to connect, but when I switched the training dummy to more normal sized characters, I had no issues.

Azure J

So catching up on the thread real quick and seeing Sigmaah's posts about Strider made me realize that I am so thoroughly happy that I grinded it out with him. I still feel like I can't tell a person exactly what to do with the ninja, but it's like if you give me a few moments to play some Melee with his dashes and momentum, I can get a lot going.

Still need to learn how to better set people up with Tiger Oki after a knockdown. Once I officially get that down, this game is over. :p

Also, it's official, my one and only team is Viper/Dante/Strider. I have a pocket Lightning Loop and I'm still interested in learning a few other characters, but damn I have far too much fun playing the aforementioned team even if catching aerial lamers with big hitboxes is frustrating like no other if I don't establish myself first.

With that all said, anyone in MahvelGAF wanna play? Frantic especially, I need to refine/de-rust Dante again after yet another long break.

This is actually really cool.

Frantic

Frantic especially, I need to refine/de-rust Dante again after yet another long break.
I'm a bit rusty myself, lol. Haven't been playing this game nearly as much as before, so my skills have degraded some. When do you want to play? I might be able to play some, depending on the time.

I can play now if anybody wants.

JeTmAn81- Here's the Magneto/Doom hard tag combo: http://youtu.be/jJ3x2ihPxTc

In the corner, you launch, do a j.H as soon as possible after launch, then wait a fraction of a second before doing air dash down-forward hitting them with j.S on the way down when you're both near the ground. Then raw tag into Doom, and do cr.M xx S to OTG, launch, and continue the combo. It seems character specific to me- I tried doing it on Wolverine a few times and couldn't get the launcher to connect, but when I switched the training dummy to more normal sized characters, I had no issues.

It is character specific. Dante hard tag works on everybody I think, as does hyper grav to Spencer.

Frantic

Hmm, I can sorta empty cancel Reverb Shock consistently by doing Reverb Shock, Right Trigger, H. The amount of time it takes for me to press the trigger all the way in and then depress it seems perfectly in tune with when I need to push H. I once got it seven times in a row with that method, and it seems about 50/50 success ratio. Not too shabby.

Doubtful it'll work online.

Maybe later tonight or anytime tomorrow.
Tomorrow evening will probably do well for me. I have to get up early tomorrow, so I don't want to get to bed too late.

Once I start playing Marvel, I have a hard time quitting. Pure crack.

Zissou

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";67105531]
It is character specific. Dante hard tag works on everybody I think, as does hyper grav to Spencer.[/QUOTE]

I figured as such. I wonder if there's a list floating around somewhere of characters it works on...

Zissou

Also, I did better video showing the Doom/Dante THC and how to maximize damage with the extender- any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated! http://youtu.be/O965_43Qs04

(I'm getting some weird error when I put the URL in the post above where it it was showing up as a code and not an actual functional link, some bug with the new layout?)

@GB- Thanks for the info.

FSLink

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";67160331]Anyone available for a long set tonight or tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
I'm available now if you want to play.

SO, after seeing that my 360 copy of Marvel got lost, a friend was kind enough (really damn kind) to lend me their PS3 and his copy of Marvel so that I could practice for EVO.

Who wants to play later after I take a bath and have everything set up? I can't give you the PSN yet because I plan on making one for myself.

FSLink

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";67202451]GGs, first long set where I never swapped my team! I think I like it.[/QUOTE]
Good games. Trying to chase your Trish and Magneto was fun without Strider assist. :p

Couple salty drops, too. Especially the THC out of nowhere when I was trying to hard tag and the one time I got Shockwave instead of Gravity Squeeze.

Can't believe I didn't get the airdash link once with Trish -_-

GGs Beef

I know I'm rusty because of my lost marvel + whatever can be blamed on lag, but still, god damn my inputs and fingers were just bad tonight :S

Top Bottom