• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Frantic

Fucking Nova. Dude has enough time to go to McDonalds and come back before doing anything to you post throw. :lol
Nova has forever to combo after his throw, and Dante requires perfect links to get anything. Getting airthrown by Nova with Dante is by far one of the most salt inducing things in the game for me just because of that... thinking about it now, if they were to ever buff Dante, I'd want a legit throw game before just about anything else. >_>

Also, Marvelo's Nova/Dante/Strider team is godlike. 850k combo off an airthrow > raw tag. 1.05 mil if you throw in a DHC. It's really good. The DHC can also be meter neutral if you knock off about 50k and go for a meter building combo with Dante instead of damage.

Azure J

Nova has forever to combo after his throw, and Dante requires perfect links to get anything. Getting airthrown by Nova with Dante is by far one of the most salt inducing things in the game for me just because of that... thinking about it now, if they were to ever buff Dante, I'd want a legit throw game before just about anything else. >_>

Just need to alter his throw animations (as cool as they are) so that front throw is the official Wild Stomp and back throw is Free Ride (eat your heart out Bon Voyage). :lol

Also, Marvelo's Nova/Dante/Strider team is godlike. 850k combo off an airthrow > raw tag. 1.05 mil if you throw in a DHC. It's really good. The DHC can also be meter neutral if you knock off about 50k and go for a meter building combo with Dante instead of damage.

I figured there were some tricks of this caliber with that team. I just want one cool looking raw tag/TAC shenanigan to pull off with the crew, but when you have a team like mine, you shouldn't be greedy. :lol

Azure J

So with my snail speed mind, I just realized that any Focus Attack or EX Thunder Knuckle crumple equals a raw tag setup. All this time and I had three characters I could do raw tag fun with. Now to make something of it.

I look forward to their response. ;-)
Not me... it will probably lead to a half hour lecture from my old man on the fragility and sacredness of life.
Oh, I think they just got lucky a lot. Maybe it's just the matchup, but I feel like your Hsien-ko spends more time getting in than zoning.
It is a bad habit from playing VSav too much.
GGs Solar. Any thoughts on the various teams I used?
Likewise

Umm... I noticed a lot of little things. You were trying really hard to nail some basic soul fist loops with Morrigan, but they just couldn't connect. Your soul fist cancel game seems to have improved by quite a bit too. I've never actually seen any of the TAC infinites, but were you trying to do some with Dormammu? I kept expecting an infinite for some reason. Your Wesker was okay too. You missed some follow ups after the wall bounces though iirc. I wanted to pick Hsien-Ko around match fifteen, but I just said "fuck it" and kept going. I should have picked more random teams from the start like I did around 20 matches. That was actually a bit fun. Can't recall much besides tiny details because I just got manhandled so fast that it all flew by.

shaowebb

racoonflybdumi.gif

rocket raccoons origins.

:3

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
AzureJericho, any remarks on my play last night? First games I played online in months, so there was indeed some rust, but much less than expected to be fair.

Smo21

Hey guys, haven't played marvel since like January but I'm looking to get back into it. Trying to come up with a new team. My old one was Nova/Doctor Strange/Hawkeye, I'm thinking of dropping strange. Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe picking up Vergil right now. Thanks.

Hey guys, haven't played marvel since like January but I'm looking to get back into it. Trying to come up with a new team. My old one was Nova/Doctor Strange/Hawkeye, I'm thinking of dropping strange. Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe picking up Vergil right now. Thanks.

Spencer

Azure J

AzureJericho, any remarks on my play last night? First games I played online in months, so there was indeed some rust, but much less than expected to be fair.

It was really solid stuff to say the absolute least. I'm not sure of the technicalities to your characters, but I saw a lot of good reads and adaptations. You were also pretty cool at shutting off my movement when the opportunities arose and movement is something I really pride myself on.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It was really solid stuff to say the absolute least. I'm not sure of the technicalities to your characters, but I saw a lot of good reads and adaptations. You were also pretty cool at shutting off my movement when the opportunities arose and movement is something I really pride myself on.

For most of my characters I often feel like I'm only scratching the surface, but solid basics can get you somewhat far in Marvel. X-23 can do much more technical combos but that stuff is so finicky that I would drop it way too often for it to be worth it. One thing I did drop that I can normally nail consistently offline is relaunching after an air series with Nova's assist for some nice extra damage.

Fucking Nova. Dude has enough time to go to McDonalds and come back before doing anything to you post throw. :lol
Drives me nuts.

Speaking of Nova, Nemo's Nova is so angry.

Also, shame on Karst for making Spencer Captain Falcon over Nova.
Nova can be Falco.

Umm... I noticed a lot of little things. You were trying really hard to nail some basic soul fist loops with Morrigan, but they just couldn't connect.
Yeah, I've been working on dropping the MMH, qcf.L, ADD, j.S combo I used on you before and moving to the ChrisG combo. The end result is that I can't do either right now, haha.

Your soul fist cancel game seems to have improved by quite a bit too.
Thanks! I've been practicing them some, especially on the right side since I used to be so bad at it.

I've never actually seen any of the TAC infinites, but were you trying to do some with Dormammu? I kept expecting an infinite for some reason.
Nah, no infinites. Dormammu's is particularly difficult. I've never even tried to do it in training mode. I'm happy with his Dark Hole loop. :)

Your Wesker was okay too. You missed some follow ups after the wall bounces though iirc. I wanted to pick Hsien-Ko around match fifteen, but I just said "fuck it" and kept going. I should have picked more random teams from the start like I did around 20 matches. That was actually a bit fun. Can't recall much besides tiny details because I just got manhandled so fast that it all flew by.
Any thoughts on how good the various teams felt? My Wesker is still not very good, but I've only used him for two days. It's funny how much you can know about a character without using him just because you watch how he's used so much.

Any time you want to play random teams, I can mess with a non-main team to even things out. I'd like to learn Ghost Rider.

Why?

Azure J

I should make a video called Strider kills Wesker.

[not mentioned: Viper beginner to EX Thunder Knuckle to raw tag Dante middle to Sky Dance whiff to Strider ending]

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
Does anyone here run a team similar to mine: Haggar/Deadpool/Iron Man? Been looking for some people to talk shop with.

On really bad days when I'm salty I sometimes think I should be using Deadpool/Iron Man/Strider.

shaowebb

Does anyone here run a team similar to mine: Haggar/Deadpool/Iron Man? Been looking for some people to talk shop with.

On really bad days when I'm salty I sometimes think I should be using Deadpool/Iron Man/Strider.

Is Deadpool in second for the OTG assist?

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
Is Deadpool in second for the OTG assist?

My bad, I probably should have listed my assists.

Haggar (Lariat), Deadpool (Quick Work), Iron Man (Unibeam).

Yes Deadpool is second but I use Quick Work and not H Katanarama (the OTG assist). Quick Work is better in my opinion than an OTG assist because Drop Kick + Quick Work just does as well to extend combos, with the added bonus of Haggar being able to use Quick Work for high/low mixups. You can easily convert off it with L Hoodlum Launcher and save your ground bounce.

Unibeam is self explanatory, its so Haggar can get in.

smurfx

get some go again
man playing against honzo gonzo is so much fun. its always fun playing a different style of zoner. first time we've had a ft10.

smurfx

get some go again
so can hulk really not get out of nemesis command grab resets? i saw honzo's hulk get killed a bunch of times by this one guy he was playing.

mr. puppy

Banned
crazy bullshit team of the day to try out:

Dante/Doom/Phoenix, must use Phoenix as part of team synergy and never win with Dark Phoenix. Lets see how it goes. Time to try out that Phoenix tatsu assist for Dante/Doom resets. Actually, I wonder what the best way to get Doom resets are in this game......Dante->Doom TAC is a fantastic battery, lets see what I can do from there.

Azure J

crazy bullshit team of the day to try out:

Dante/Doom/Phoenix, must use Phoenix as part of team synergy and never win with Dark Phoenix. Lets see how it goes. Time to try out that Phoenix tatsu assist for Dante/Doom resets. Actually, I wonder what the best way to get Doom resets are in this game......Dante->Doom TAC is a fantastic battery, lets see what I can do from there.

Did you watch those sets with VmxDante (sp?) on the Japanese Final Roundbats stream? Guy was doing a lot with Missiles assist as they allowed him to get the respect necessary for Dante to go wild on screen. It was almost shades of "Vanilla Dante and his invincible assist" watching that.

mr. puppy

Banned
Did you watch those sets with VmxDante (sp?) on the Japanese Final Roundbats stream? Guy was doing a lot with Missiles assist as they allowed him to get the respect necessary for Dante to go wild on screen. It was almost shades of "Vanilla Dante and his invincible assist" watching that.

just found it. The guy only airdash Hs and either wins with that or basically loses.

Top Bottom