• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Clearly that's because Taskmaster's shield is secretly the Mirror Shield from Zelda.
Alright, you got my brain going. If UMvC3 game to the Wii U in the style of TTT2, here are the extra outfits:
Taskmaster - Link
Ryu - Mario
Chun-li - Princess Peach
Dormammu - Ganondorf
Viewtiful Joe - Toad
Spencer - Captain Falcon
Firebrand - Ridley
Morrigan - Samus
Akuma - Bowser
Haggar - Donkey Kong
Rocket Raccoon - Diddy Kong
Phoenix - Zelda
Sentinel - Mr. Game and Watch

Aaaand I'm spent.

Then people can argue over which game is the better Smash Bros.

Ridley / Ganondorf / Samus FTW

Arthur or MODOK as Pikachu? Or does RR need to be Pikachu for Quick Attack?

Clearly Taskmaster fought Rose at some point and learned that ability.
How else could it have come about?!

Forgot to mention Viper there. ;)
Oh, she has a double jump? I thought she just had the Burn Kick cancels.

Azure J

Oh, she has a double jump? I thought she just had the Burn Kick cancels.

The only means of transportation she doesn't have is teleporting. Very mobile character. Also that list you made has me hankering for a Nintendo vs. Capcom again. I bet Capcom would do Link more justice than the Smash series has in its entirety. Link as a Taskmaster/Spencer hybrid (hookshots man) with some setups here and there? Yes please.

Edit: How could you miss the obvious Rocket Raccoon - Fox McCloud?

Shoutouts to Penultimate MarvelGAF. :lol

Alright, you got my brain going. If UMvC3 game to the Wii U in the style of TTT2, here are the extra outfits:
Spencer - Captain Falcon

kevthumb.gif

The only means of transportation she doesn't have is teleporting. Very mobile character. Also that list you made has me hankering for a Nintendo vs. Capcom again. I bet Capcom would do Link more justice than the Smash series has in its entirety. Link as a Taskmaster/Spencer hybrid (hookshots man) with some setups here and there? Yes please.

Edit: How could you miss the obvious Rocket Raccoon - Fox McCloud?

Shoutouts to Penultimate MarvelGAF. :lol
I tried to match people up in a variety of ways. Rocket Raccoon is small, and he has a Diddy Kong-like moveset. Pikachu also obviously makes sense for him. Fox McCloud doesn't have a whole lot to relate to him on besides being a fuzzball with a gun. Plus the size difference is too weird to make him dressed that way. I would rather Deadpool be Fox McCloud - you know he'd have some great lines about it:
"Ooo, am I top tier now?"
"No X-Factor, me only, Bonne Wonderland!"

After defeating Sentinel:
"Go back to taking care of Great Fox!"

Frantic

Characters with double jumps:
Sentinel
Captain America
Dante
Strider
Viewtiful Joe
Deadpool
Chun-li
Arthur
Trish also has a double jump. That's one useful thing about my team, even if Trish/Strider isn't that great of a duo.

Oh yeah, did anyone see MarlinPie's full screen Viper confirm last night? I only watched a bit of his stream, but I saw him do it a couple times in training mode. It was something like Seismo H, jump cancel > Focus Attack > Dash cancel, Seismo M, jump cancel, airdash forward, j.HS. Looked pretty cool.

Solune

Trish also has a double jump. That's one useful thing about my team, even if Trish/Strider isn't that great of a duo.

Oh yeah, did anyone see MarlinPie's full screen Viper confirm last night? I only watched a bit of his stream, but I saw him do it a couple times in training mode. It was something like Seismo H, jump cancel > Focus Attack > Dash cancel, Seismo M, jump cancel, airdash forward, j.HS. Looked pretty cool.

That sounds pretty damn sick, didn't watch his stream at all though. Was watching Marn during TRB

Azure J

I knew Focus Attack was involved. But damn, that sounds pretty damn hard.

That sounds pretty damn sick, didn't watch his stream at all though. Was watching Marn during TRB
What was up with Marn?

Oh right, I forget about that. Personally, I always aim for my setups to be double jump proof.

And that looks hard to do...like, if I practiced for a week I might pull it off once by accident, and then it would forever remain a mystery to me.

Azure J

I'm certain I could do it all with enough practice, but in a match situation? Would be tough as fuck. At the same time, it could help me with those random Vajra confirms more often.

Also, seconding Karst's question. Marn seems to be the talk of the town in Weekly-GAF.

Tomorrow?
I hope we get our matches in today. I'm probably gonna be pretty busy later on, but I think we can get 15-20 matches in.
Hmm, but why are they open to the idea?
I dunno... probably because their idea of when life starts is different. They're not crazy enough to think that life starts at the very moment of fertilization like some of these nutjobs that want to bar morning pills or deny early termination of the fetus. It is an interesting question so I might ask my parents someday. This is not something I plan to do any times soon though!
A month ago I hit someone with two star objects in a row. I felt like superman.
I think I've done it twice in a row, but only on a dummy. I don't understand how Sixfortyfive or Jericho(I think he mentioned it a couple of pages back) could do that repeatedly. I'm not too good with precisely timed inputs over a long period of time...

I hope we get our matches in today. I'm probably gonna be pretty busy later on, but I think we can get 15-20 matches in.
I completely forgot! Are you good to play now?

Edit: Signed in.

I dunno... probably because their idea of when life starts is different. They're not crazy enough to think that life starts at the very moment of fertilization like some of these nutjobs that want to bar morning pills or deny early termination of the fetus. It is an interesting question so I might ask my parents someday. This is not something I plan to do any times soon though!
I look forward to their response. ;-)

I think I've done it twice in a row, but only on a dummy. I don't understand how Sixfortyfive or Jericho(I think he mentioned it a couple of pages back) could do that repeatedly. I'm not too good with precisely timed inputs over a long period of time...
Oh, I think they just got lucky a lot. Maybe it's just the matchup, but I feel like your Hsien-ko spends more time getting in than zoning.

I swear that guy is favored by the stars, be it in Smash or Mahvel >_>
What, is he trip-proof or something?

Azure J

There's this weird talent I have with games to pick up on or do a certain repetition of something almost perfectly each time as long as I don't become aware of it. That definitely happened a lot with that match I was talking up using Hsien-Ko.

@Karst: We used to play a lot of manic Brawl matches in my old online community (SolarKnight is a member) with items on high and basically I was the one that always had something amazing happen where someone was doing something mid attack string only for a Star to fall on my exact position. It got so bad that whenever it happened, I was forced to taunt out the duration of the invincibility and then continue the match. Even funnier, I normally never go for star powerups when they fell out of containers in that series.

The correct decision would have been to ban stars, but no one wanted that. :lol

Edit: Funny thing though is that my luck with stars is offset by my luck with tripping. Tripping face forward into Marth's Critical Hit as a Marth player is the ultimate in cosmic humor.

Dahbomb

That seems stupidly high execution. And by high I mean a lot of fast inputs in a short window of time.

YAY I can do auto-correct airdash normals now ^_^

Between those and plink dashing on the ground, I've been working a lot on my Magneto movement lately.

Dahbomb

RogueYoshi (discoverer of the Quicksilver glitch) claimed that any character with an air hyper can do the Nova glitch essentially making them god tier.

Dahbomb

Not really because that glitch is going to be hard banned. Right now TAC infinites are the only broken thing about the game because they are still allowed in tournament play.

I forgot to ask yesterday Jeri, what tips do you have for my Strider? Also, what combos and setups do you recommend? Same question for Frantic or anyone that uses Strider.

Uh, GGs Beef, but I can see why you play that team when you have that connection...I'm not really interested in playing more.

I play Nova/Hulk/Sent because it's fun and doesn't require critical thinking, not because of my connection. If I wanted to think, I would use Joe/Frank/___.

GGs all the same.

I play Nova/Hulk/Sent because it's fun and doesn't require critical thinking, not because of my connection. If I wanted to think, I would use Joe/Frank/___.

GGs all the same.
It's not just that it doesn't require thinking, it doesn't require any kind of button concision. I couldn't even fly-cancel Soul Fists against you. -_- To do multiple teleports with Wesker, I actually input the second teleport in the middle of the first one, lol.

You and Beef should play...

It's not just that it doesn't require thinking, it doesn't require any kind of button concision. I couldn't even fly-cancel Soul Fists against you. -_- To do multiple teleports with Wesker, I actually input the second teleport in the middle of the first one, lol.

You and Beef should play...
I have no choice but to use a wireless connection, so it can't be helped unfortunately. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be initially, but there were some times during our games where I thought "this should be going faster."

If GB plays Marvel as well as he played SF4, then I've already won!

Azure J

I forgot to ask yesterday Jeri, what tips do you have for my Strider? Also, what combos and setups do you recommend? Same question for Frantic or anyone that uses Strider.

Don't press the easy option and go straight for Orbs and XF3 when you have multiple characters left to deal with, try to get the easiest opening hit/mixup (usually Bird/WW2 Bomb on incoming into Dive kick) and from there destroy the first character and attempt to build as many additional meters as possible. REason being, you want enough so that you have one Ragnarok for reaction and a smaller fight to get to the real deal which is their last character vs your Orbs Strider.

When full screen, try a sequence of dash-dash-dash-teleport-overhead-low-dash-dash-dash with orbs onto keep them stuck in between the orbs without jumping out of the mixup.

Tiger sets up nastiness on the ground if you're knocked down. Use a lot of Gram L and set this up. Also, always always always have a Form B on hand for Formation B shot. Think of it as a fully charged buster. It will cancel anything you start up for fakes, applying pressure in blockstrings and can set up decent left-rights with Wall Cling and teleport.

When you get on the wall, be it for a mix up or just normally, try to get off it asap. Too many things will swat Strider off of them in the worst ways (like that one time I hit you with an option selected Hammer).

Against characters with range on their buttons, try spacing s.Hs as your primary poke and use a lot of Tiger/Bird Bombs to move behind/under. You can counter hit setup that way as Tiger takes the hitbox off their button and bird bomb "combo breaks" as long as its not Vergil's s.H. :lol

You know what I just realised? If I could combo after Chaos Dimension I'd be able to play Shuma again TT_TT

Magneto/Doom/Shuma would make so much sense, too...

I miss you MVC2 CD...

I NEED HELP. Someone who hasn't done the Nova glitch.
Play as any teleporter that has a homming teleport.
Snap in then teleport.
Does the character end up at the end of the screen or to edge of the arena?

Top Bottom