• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

I liked the part where I hit him out of Meteor Smash with a log lol

Anyways, any comments on what you got to see? When my teams get going, I really like what they do, but when they don't...yeah.

I think you need to not do that corner combo you did with Nova against small guys like my team, and maybe in general. Seemed kinda unnecessary when a regular magic series would've done the job. Other than that, I didn't really see anything I could criticize.

I also thought it was hilarious how you waited out Slow by hiding underground lmao

Clockw0rk

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";67223531]You still online?[/QUOTE]

yeah

i didnt realize how hot it is in socal right now till i read that thread about it and saw the heatwave picture. now im hot

edit: wow our connection is near perfect on my end. hows yours?

FSLink

Banned
I played for like 13 hours today. Probably won't ever do that again. Tennis elbow like a motherfucker.

I ended up playing for like 6 hours yesterday, had a long set with a Dr. Strange/Dormammu (Dark Hole)/Vergil user who could do FoF loops. Dr. Strange's mixups are ridiculous when he's on point, and Dark Hole really makes his approaches safe. I think I ended up having a 15% win ratio, even when using my Zero May Cry team, haha. It was pretty godlike. I only had some mild success with Dante/Vergil/Strider. I might have to try out that team and hit the training room to practice the Vergil extension to carry to the corner and start up FoFs.

GGs Clock! Not many people are willing to play a FT60 at 5am, connection was great!

Your Strider is too serious. :-(
I think I saw you got the link once or twice. :p I gotta say, I got kind of annoyed when I figured Magneto was your strongest character and tried to snap him in, and then fail the mixup and get eaten by instant j.L. :( So I stopped doing that after awhile, haha. Also, even though I use it too, Wesker + EMD Assist mixups are so good. Kept getting hit by it, poor Wright. :(

dash jL with incoming Magneto is my yolo footdive.

JeTmAn81

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";67235156]GGs Clock! Not many people are willing to play a FT60 at 5am, connection was great!

Your Strider is too serious. :-(

dash jL with incoming Magneto is my yolo footdive.[/QUOTE]

Jealousy

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";67479586]So we can all agree that Green Ace is the best Marvel player.[/QUOTE]

nah

but he's damn good. he choked pretty hard in top 8

smurfx

get some go again
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";67479586]So we can all agree that Green Ace is the best Marvel player.[/QUOTE]i'd much rather watch kane blue river than green ace.

Zissou

I need to steal Green Ace's approach to come down safely when somebody gets underneath him when he's in the air. I always do helm breaker xx air play xx helm breaker xx hammer, but I feel like there are gaps and people looking for it can punish, and even if they can't, it doesn't lead to much (nobody decent will get hit by anything). Green Ace just doing helm breaker xx air play, and then fall and do j.M or j.H depending on the situation seems so much more solid and keeps your options open.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Who can stop Chris G at this point? I am going to lock Rubeks and Gene in a cell until EVO and make them play against only that team.

LakeEarth

Who can stop Chris G at this point? I am going to lock Rubeks and Gene in a cell until EVO and make them play against only that team.

I don't think anyone specific can beat him by outsmarting and outplaying him. The only thing that can happen is that he gets worn down with so many matches, so many games, some player surprises him enough to get 3 games. He's been put in losers before, it just has to happen twice.

Dahbomb

Honestly I still like FChamp to beat ChrisG out of pretty much any other player. Him and Flocker. Unfortunately those two are more susceptible to getting beaten by other players so they might not have a crack at ChrisG.

Ghazi

Honestly I still like FChamp to beat ChrisG out of pretty much any other player. Him and Flocker. Unfortunately those two are more susceptible to getting beaten by other players so they might not have a crack at ChrisG.

I'm still kinda confused on how someone so good/trains so much at Marvel gets put out real early so much. Referring to FChamp, I mean I watch his stream semi-frequently and he's obviously pretty damn good but he performs worse at tournaments it seems.

Dahbomb

I'm still kinda confused on how someone so good/trains so much at Marvel gets put out real early so much. Referring to FChamp, I mean I watch his stream semi-frequently and he's obviously pretty damn good but he performs worse at tournaments it seems.
Still the #4 seeded player in the world going into EVO. Still the defending EVO Champ.

Also Champ was in a similar situation last year as well. Granted other players have gotten much better since then but he hadn't won a lot of tourneys prior to winning EVO.

Top Bottom