• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

I think they should add a mode that would let players make their own Heroes and Heralds cards. If this mode were already implemented, hypothetically we could already be testing out a lot of the things that we're asking for and seeing if they're good ideas.
Honestly speaking they should allow H&H in Versus mode and also fix the Parry card along with a bunch of bugs in that mode. Although for now we aren't touching H&H.

Wesker definitely does not need a durability increase on his gun. A projectile counter that actually goes far enough to counter most projectiles would be a good start. And of course the invincibility returned on his hyper counter. In terms of nerfs the whole glasses mechanic should be removed because it's dumb as hell, I don't care if people consider Wesker low tier now that mechanic is still stupid.

Outside of that the character is fine. Top tiers getting their damage nerfed along with overall health boost means a character like Wesker would be better off as his reset game is good.

I think now that this is a real possibility, we should get rid of changes like universal damage nerfs and side switching.

Because we don't want to work the rest of our changes assuming those are going to happen. Anything that changes the larger context of the game we should just grit our teeth and ignore, and focus on item by item changes like character stuff.

Also

How do you all feel about command throws being assists? I know GB loves it, and I like it. I'm thinking ahead to Nemesis here.

The big thing left to discuss in terms of system changes is X-Factor.

I don't think we should add them. Skill said they cause glitches and we want to assume reasonable changes.
Throw Changes:[/B]
*Ground throw techs put one character-length distance between the two characters.

X-Factor Changes:
*XF2 and XF3 values decreased. XF3 becomes XF2, XF2 is “XF1.5”.

*XF1 is the only X-Factor; timer scales with characters left. Bonuses make up for character weaknesses.

Damage Changes:
*All damage decreased by 20% across the board.
*Chip damage increased by 5% (to 35%).
*Damage scaling now applies to assists.

Assist Changes:
*Cannot call assists after throw techs for 15 frames.
*Cannot call assists at super jump height after recovering.

Other Changes:

*Guard Breaks removed.
*Incoming characters can choose which side to come in on by holding left or right.

I disagree with all of these things. I think not being able to throw someone after a tech solves the throw problems. I already explained about damage and x-factor and side switching.
I am absolutely opposed to no assists after throw techs and recovering. I won't agree to it period.
If you mean 1 frame with assist guard breaks, fine. But if you pushblock and get tossed, too bad.

Horseress

So what do you guys think about Shady K's suggestion? (disabling characters movement before match starts)
I think it's legit, sucks to start a match with Wolverine already in your face

Dahbomb

If you mean 1 frame with assist guard breaks, fine. But if you pushblock and get tossed, too bad.
Those aren't the guard breaks we are talking about (although the 1 frame guard break are also stupid). There are command grab hyper set ups that are guaranteed even if you push block or not. Frank West's command grab guard break is the worst one.

Calling assists at super jump height after recovering is obviously an unintended feature of the engine. You can't call assists while in super jump but when someone resets you at SJ height suddenly you can? All it does is marginalizes resets and forces you to go for TACs when the other person has Missiles or Vajra on deck. Even Gonzo agreed with that shit.

You haven't really provided with legitimate reasons to removing the changes other than "they are too big".

So what do you guys think about Shady K's suggestion? (disabling characters movement before match starts)
The only 2 characters that provide a legitimate problem with start of round gambit are Hulk and Wolverine. Wolverine you can mitigate some what by reducing his walk speed and against Hulk you have decent options against. I don't think you should make a major system change just because people have trouble with 1-2 characters in the game.

Azure J

Finally able to read Honzo's list and really, I agree with everything he said. You all had me expecting the worst too. :lol

The throw break distance refinement, his *can mash s.L/c.L anti-airs twice* and the TAC stuff is pretty good.

@Horseress: I kinda put that out there as a kinda/sorta suggestion, but one of Marvel's iconic things is the double Magneto chest bump. I'd go with the change if this were any other series or if people actually agreed with it, otherwise I know a lot of people who'd be salty over it.

SmokeMaxX

Start Modok. Characters have bad matchups. If Wolvering had to start halfscreen against a zoner, he'd be a lot worse.

Dahbomb

How can you agree with Gonzo when half of the stuff he misinterpreted what we were saying? He thought that TACs were still guesses and that we were buffing XF. Those were 2 major system mechanics he went ham on for no reason.

Some of the stuff he brings up has been brought up before. People were against the side switch, people were against the throw tech distance stuff etc.

Darksim

So Honzo basically said what I've been saying the entire time aside from the neutral tech change.

People will eventually learn to preemptively cover the neutral tech and then react to the other techs, but still think it's stupid how hard it can be to actually see them tech sometimes.

Anth0ny

I still can't believe a patch is happening. I need a legit confirmation before I actually get my hopes up, let alone start thinking about changes.

Horseress

Honzo clearly doesn't want a patch. And he says things like we've done with changes, like: "you will reduce the damage of all characters, but who has shitty damage will have even shittier damage and who has great damage will still have more damage than the rest".
The damage of Dooms and Vergils will be normalized (shoutouts to NRS), so this, of course, will not be an issue.

Dahbomb

Also I still think some of the changes listed are very vague and not enough explanation is given on them.

There is a statement about damage nerf by 20% but that is not actually true. It's a 20% health buff and because it's a percentage increase, lower health characters would benefit less from it as compared to higher health characters (who honestly need it more anyway). If there was a damage nerf there would be a subsequent meter nerf as well and we aren't doing that. And obviously damage for specific characters will be adjusted, so we aren't widening the gap in tiers.

The XF values are also vague as hell, there should be exact numbers showing old values and new values. Please no "bonuses make up for character weaknesses" we are not making any character specific adjustments for XF values.

I won't comment on what Honzo wrote since I haven't read it myself.

Edit: Oh snap, ShadyK retweeted our changelist to 5669 followers.

Just saw Karsts list of changes. I like most of the stuff, but something in particular stood out to me in a real bad way. Is it okay to comment on that or is this just some sort of illuminati thing we got going here?
I've asked everyone to comment, and I said anyone was welcome to offer to be a committee member.

Okay, better TAC change (IMO):
1. TAC counters lead to a wallbounce (as they do now) but those wallbounces can be combo'ed after.
2. Performing a TAC takes away that direction from the pool of available directions for the next TAC. Thus, increasing your opponents chance of guessing right from 33% to 50%

Eg:
I'm playing as Wolv/Stor/Akuma

My Wolverine gets a combo, I do an UP TAC, its successful, Strom comes in, I do an air combo, now I can only do Side TAC or Down TAC. I do Down TAC, Wesker guesses right, breaks the TAC, then combo'es me to death.

Consequences: No more +2 meters for you or -2 meter for your opponent TACs. Makes TACs way more risky. Makes double TACs huge gambles.
If you can lose a character through using TACs, no one will use them. We had this discussion, and no one is going to risk losing a character for a little more damage.

Okay then

I like most of the stuff, but what the hell at X-factor stopping the timer. This is a bs game with stupid chip, stupid crossups and a heaping bucket of stupid waiting to spill all over the place. If you managed to keep something like a Phoenix team at bay for 80+ seconds you earned that win. The way some characters in this game are designed practically dooms a solo non x-factor character. It also gets kinda silly if both opponents pop X-factor solo at different times. We're approaching SFxT levels of stopping the clock here. Three out of fives ain't got no time fo' dat. The tension flies right out the room with those sorts of timer shenanigans.

Also, I've always been under the impression that throw techs in UMvC3 are easy already. Widening the window seems kinda pointless.
I'm not dead set on the X-Factor timer stopping, it does seem neat, though.

If others are against the tech throw window increasing, I'll remove it.

Can I post my character change wishlist or you guys are doing the system changes first??
We're doing system changes; you're welcome to suggest character stuff, but it probably won't get focused on.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";71689316]I think now that this is a real possibility, we should get rid of changes like universal damage nerfs and side switching.[/quote]
What the fuck?
Because we don't want to work the rest of our changes assuming those are going to happen. Anything that changes the larger context of the game we should just grit our teeth and ignore, and focus on item by item changes like character stuff.
What?

I don't think we should add them. Skill said they cause glitches and we want to assume reasonable changes.
Fair enough. No command grabs.

I disagree with all of these things. I think not being able to throw someone after a tech solves the throw problems. I already explained about damage and x-factor and side switching.
I am absolutely opposed to no assists after throw techs and recovering. I won't agree to it period.
1 frame with assist guard breaks.
I'll let discussion continue on your other points.

He just had an obvious brain fart there. Some of the stuff he commented on was either half finished or wasn't actually going to be put in.

Also he went ham on the side switch mechanic. It's a big change and I knew it would not be popular. However prefacing every change with "MARVEL IS A HARD GAME DEAL WITH IT" is not constructive. We already know that shit and in fact some of the changes suggested do make it a harder game like less option selects and derp tactics to survive.

And anyone can chime in and give suggestions.. there is no illuminati shit going on here.

After some of the stuff is finalized I am going to add more comments to the changes and give the "why" behind it. Most of the stuff we put in there had a clear reasoning of it being listed, there was deliberate discussion over everything.
Haha....I don't know why that made me laugh so hard.

I haven't given an opinion on anything yet because I figured it would just be overlooked.

I honestly think the system doesn't need to be messed with much outside of TAC infinites, throw teching, and dropped inputs because of stupid shit.....and perhaps some assist concerns here and there.

I really believe if you just adjusted the characters it would be much MUCH easier instead of fucking with the system. Screwing with the system just creates so many problems with other characters. In the end all these system changes will probably lead to new problems, whereas just balancing the characters would make a lot more sense and be much less risky.

Azure J

How can you agree with Gonzo when half of the stuff he misinterpreted what we were saying? He thought that TACs were still guesses and that we were buffing XF. Those were 2 major system mechanics he went ham on for no reason.

I really need to stop jumping all these guns. It's getting dangerous. :lol

It really looks like Honzo might actually be on board with a lot of the real changes/intentions we want although either through him misreading or a failure of communication, there were a lot of assumptions made on his part.

I definitely don't like the "pick where you come from" change since that does take away from the entry mixup which is a part of the game no matter how powerful it may be currently. The goal of this theory re-design is to make sure it doesn't decide matches immediately as opposed to putting one person in a decidedly bad situation to block through or accept with a chance of regaining composure albeit at a health deficit.

X-Factor stuff was confusing admittedly because I didn't chime in with any real thoughts on the matter and kinda left it to the committee only to find out today through the critique and comments going on now. I left my own suggestion, realized the wrong in it and retracted/learned from it and now wait to see a better implementation of the mechanic. Stacking changes (adding instead of multiplying) are a no-brainer.

Throw break stuff I agree with because it still does the job I initially wanted it to with a small distance between the two preventing forward heavy-a-thons while also accounting for "MAHVEL". If I knew any better, I'd have suggested less than a full character between the two, but it's good to see that people want that change. Same for the changes to option selecting a grab mid air dash. (Haven't heard about anyone asking for the same for ground dashes for people plinking dashes with H though.)

TAC I'm mixed on, mostly because I feel like the big reason why they're so powerful and prominent in the game from the barest minimum level are because they're free for any engagement leading into a universal air combo. By making them cost a meter I was of the opinion that they'd allow people to use their judgement more in a "what are my resources/what do I stand to gain or lose attempting this" way than "which sides won't they guess?" No meter build post successful TAC was to make it so people who get great meter building combos off of a TAC as per the current system (used as a reference) wouldn't just build massive meter then TAC again into another character with similar ability and have the metagame revolve around such tactics. HSD nerf (reset to 0 and continue building instead of staying at 0 while the game considers the character airborne) would also make it so you couldn't just TAC then initiate stupidly long combo for guaranteed character kill.

I do however feel myself kinda liking the idea of the different directions leading to different benefits if they're executed in manners similar to his example in the note. If the Rock-Paper-Scissors element must stay intact, that plus the meter requirement to initiate would probably be a better incentive to give everyone a chance versus the current way.

The damage thing, I'm both in full understanding of but half agreement with. On one hand, he's right in that the top tier in the game will still do the same things and build the same meter with the same confirms while the lower tier will still have issues getting started to their effectiveness. On the other hand, a universal damage nerf would make it so these top tier weren't running around ending matches off their ridiculous confirms/mixups/neutral control and would in fact have to learn to deal with things after a first and second touch situation.

He agreed with the main changes I wanted to see in the assist area with no assists on recovery. I don't completely see how the change on assists combo breaking is "coddling", but I can respect the opinion.

Also, just to be clear:

The only reason we have a committee is that we need a way to make final decisions, and unanimous agreement between all of NeoGAF FG players is not going to happen. I asked for volunteers here and in the FGW thread, and not as many were interested as I had hoped. There's no illuminati stuff here - I didn't turn down any of the volunteers that offered to pilot the committee. Everyone's opinion is valuable, and I want as much input as possible. Every eye sees another perspective.

Dahbomb

The dropped inputs thing reminded me...

Why haven't we added the whole "hyper flash freezing your inputs giving you a DP hyper when you wanted a QCF hyper"? I mean an entire tournament was lost because of this.

And honestly there hasn't been a single good reason opposing "increasing throw tech window". It's by 3 god damn frames, even FGTV recommended 5 frames. The whole "this game is supposed to be hard" is not a legitimate enough reason.

I can go back on the throw tech distance but then you have to give throw invincibility after throw tech. No way am I going to let a system change go through where you can still mash tech throw ad infinitum.

The "change your side" mechanic is a big thing. I can see both sides of the argument in that. Right now ever legitimate pro agrees the incoming mix up is too strong. I know Viscant suggested that a character come in at a higher height or something.

Why haven't we added the whole "hyper flash freezing your inputs giving you a DP hyper when you wanted a QCF hyper"? I mean an entire tournament was lost because of this.

And honestly there hasn't been a single good reason opposing "increasing throw tech window". It's by 3 god damn frames, even FGTV recommended 5 frames. The whole "this game is supposed to be hard" is not a legitimate enough reason.

I can go back on the throw tech distance but then you have to give throw invincibility after throw tech. No way am I going to let a system change go through where you can still mash tech throw ad infinitum.

The "change your side" mechanic is a big thing. I can see both sides of the argument in that.
Read my input reading change in the other section.

Dahbomb

Read my input reading change in the other section.
NVM then, I must have glossed over it.

Also I think starting tomorrow we should start on characters. The system mechanics we can still keep on tweaking but at this point people are getting hyped and they want character changes in already. If there wasn't any word on a patch today things would've remained on schedule but now things are heating up. If we continue on the 10 week or so path most people would've forgotten about this and it would lose momentum. Hit while the iron is hot... or something.

In addition, if anyone feels like they might miss the day of their character's discussion or they might lose interest in this later on... they can PM me the character changes they want and I will gladly add them in on the day of their discussion. I know not everyone here reads every single post every single day but would still like to participate. Any and all patch related PMs are welcome.

The "change your side" mechanic is a big thing. I can see both sides of the argument in that.

The tech throw x infinity shit has to go. Is the throw invincibility for normal throws or command throws too? I kinda like throw teching and then getting someone with Felicia's grab. Of course you could jump out of this.

I don't like the increasing of the throw tech window because I do a LOT of resets and I wouldn't want to make it any easier for people. And since I do a lot of resets, I'm usually looking for them so I'm ready for the throw techs. I don't see how it is currently a problem.

Dahbomb

Is the throw invincibility for normal throws or command throws too?
That's actually a good question. It's only for normal ground throws since command throws can't be tech'd.

Honestly speaking 90% of the suggest changes on throw teching is due to one god damn character... Wolverine. When that character comes to discussion we really need to figure out an elegant solution to nerfing his 5 second game because it's getting to the point where we are juggling system mechanics just to keep him at bay. Although I do think the no more d/f+H OS was a good start.

Also, just to be clear:

The only reason we have a committee is that we need a way to make final decisions, and unanimous agreement between all of NeoGAF FG players is not going to happen. I asked for volunteers here and in the FGW thread, and not as many were interested as I had hoped. There's no illuminati stuff here - I didn't turn down any of the volunteers that offered to pilot the committee. Everyone's opinion is valuable, and I want as much input as possible. Every eye sees another perspective.

Karst I would be interested but the problem is that I'd be so against a lot of stuff that it would be hard to make a unanimous decision. If you saw my post about 2 or 3 posts back, I really think you guys should focus on characters and not the system. I'm not saying scrap the system changes you've suggested or anything, but I think character balance with just few system tweaks would make the game 100% better with minimal risk.

Dahbomb

Thing is that this patch started out as a "for the fun" thing among us game enthusiasts. It was like "hey wouldn't it be cool if you didn't die in 1 combo every time you get touched" or "hey wouldn't be nice incoming mix ups didn't lead into a 70% chance of your character getting killed?" and so we tried to come up with the best solutions for certain issues.

Now things have gotten real all of a sudden and the patch changes are started being scrutinized heavily (as they should although I wished people had more context to some of the changes). Most of the changes are definitely not bad... but a few of them veer into "that would be nice... but do you really NEED it". Sure having more time to tech throws would be nice... but do you really NEED it? Obviously not because players still tech throws consistently across various levels of play.

Hell I can start on character changes right now but it's up to Karst, he engineered it. I am however with him in that you sort of need to iron out the system changes to get a context of what the game would be like then delve into character specific changes.

NVM then, I must have glossed over it.

Also I think starting tomorrow we should start on characters. The system mechanics we can still keep on tweaking but at this point people are getting hyped and they want character changes in already. If there wasn't any word on a patch today things would've remained on schedule but now things are heating up. If we continue on the 10 week or so path most people would've forgotten about this and it would lose momentum. Hit while the iron is hot... or something.

In addition, if anyone feels like they might miss the day of their character's discussion or they might lose interest in this later on... they can PM me the character changes they want and I will gladly add them in on the day of their discussion. I know not everyone here reads every single post every single day but would still like to participate. Any and all patch related PMs are welcome.
Just say that you can't contain your hype, Dahbomb! Hahaha.

Alright, tomorrow we can start on characters. Make sure to rally up the names of the good players for those characters. Post who the characters will be in the next hour or so; I want to mull on it over night. I'll be gone visiting family for most of tomorrow.

Karst I would be interested but the problem is that I'd be so against a lot of stuff that it would be hard to make a unanimous decision. If you saw my post about 2 or 3 posts back, I really think you guys should focus on characters and not the system. I'm not saying scrap the system changes you've suggested or anything, but I think character balance with just few system tweaks would make the game 100% better with minimal risk.
I understand where you are coming from, and thank you. I'm still thinking about a lot of these system changes myself. I agree with Dahbomb that we can keep them a little fluid until we are done with the characters - new issues might come up.

Just say that you can't contain your hype, Dahbomb! Hahaha.

Alright, tomorrow we can start on characters. Make sure to rally up the names of the good players for those characters. Post who the characters will be in the next hour or so; I want to mull on it over night. I'll be gone visiting family for most of tomorrow.

I understand where you are coming from, and thank you. I'm still thinking about a lot of these system changes myself. I agree with Dahbomb that we can keep them a little fluid until we are done with the characters - new issues might come up.

So when we discuss the characters are we talking about them with the new system changes or on the current system.....or perhaps with changes we're damn certain would get fixed anyway like tech throwing until the end of time. I'd laugh if Capcom didn't change that though.

Dahbomb

We do Phoenix first for sure.

Also doing She Hulk, Phoenix Wright and Wolverine. Quite a few people wanted those characters and 3 of them system wise are very important to get out of the way first.

So people can start giving suggestions on those characters. Of those I only play Wolverine so here are my easy fixes for him:

Buffs:

*The Barrage assist upgraded to fully mashed H version for more lockdown.

*Tornado Claw assist switch with either Swiss Cheese or his OTG slide move.

Nerfs:

*Decrease walk speed. Basically just impacts his pre-match game, characters can make more space now against Wolverine.

*Fatal Claw damage reduced to below Berserker Barrage hyper (around 40-50k below). Right now Fatal Claw does too much damage and allows Wolverine to rack up easy damage. The hyper also is linkable. There is almost no reason to use Berserker Barrage in combos because not only does FC have more utility for being an air hyper it does more damage and is linkable.

So when we discuss the characters are we talking about them with the new system changes or on the current system.....or perhaps with changes we're damn certain would get fixed anyway like tech throwing until the end of time. I'd laugh if Capcom didn't change that though.
Are there changes that you would want for a character under the current system that you would not want for the new? I would be curious about that.

Dahbomb

Gonzo was opposed to damage changes because he didn't know that we were making specific character changes. All his rant was on "bbbbut it would widen the gap". No shit Sherlock, that's why have a separate category for character changes where your fraud like Doom is gonna get that nerf stick.

People getting tipsy over a 20% health increase on characters. If we put that in the game right now it would barely change anything. The change is more appreciated when inflated damage sources are normalized.

I am really curious to see Phoenix/She Hulk/Wright changes. Especially Wright because I am curious to see how people find a work around the randomness of the character.

I-hate-u

I don't know if this was suggested or not, but I would like to have throws be allocated top 2 buttons (light and special) instead of 1 button. Its dumb to have a system where players get unintentional throws all the time.

This is also a good opportunity to fix the input lag on PS3. I play on PS3 myself so I don't know if its laggy or not, but hearing the complaints from players is annoying. Make it in parity with 360 version.

Azure J

I don't know if this was suggested or not, but I would like to have throws be allocated top 2 buttons (light and special) instead of 1 button. Its dumb to have a system where players get unintentional throws all the time.

This is also a good opportunity to fix the input lag on PS3. I play on PS3 myself so I don't know if its laggy or not, but hearing the complaints from players is annoying. Make it in parity with 360 version.

You can't do the two button throw thing with those buttons because a lot of the cast have unique actions mapped to ATK+S already.

Dahbomb

That's too big of a change for just a patch. Would change the game dramatically. Also some characters have moves mapped to Light plus Special.

They should definitely attempt to fix the PS3 lag if they can.

FEATURES TO BE ADDED:
*Improved Netcode.
*Replay Mode.
*Hitbox Viewer (Training Mode).
*PS3 system parity.
You forgot the biggest changes.

The full intro video from the Vita version, versus mode for H&H and an option for Vanilla HUD.

I-hate-u

You can't do the two button throw thing with those buttons because a lot of the cast have unique actions mapped to ATK+S already.

Yeah I forgot about that. Well they need to change it from the heavy button. I am getting real tired of Taskmaster option select mighty swing/shield skills/throws. There is no skills involved what so ever.

FEATURES TO BE ADDED:
*Improved Netcode.
*Replay Mode.
*PS3 system parity.

If its not happening with USF4, there is no way its happening for this game as much as I want it to.

Azure J

FEATURES TO BE ADDED:
*Improved Netcode.
*Replay Mode.
*PS3 system parity.

In this same vein:

- Heroes and Heralds offline versus
- Kick function added to lobbies
- Full intro and unlockable Vanilla attract videos
- Vanilla HUD option

I feel like the PS3 parity and netcode notches are outside the realm of feasibility for a "patch". Updated title maybe, but we should work with the assumption that we're only getting a patch.

Dahbomb

Performance can be improved with a patch. It's not out of the realm of possibility but it's definitely too optimistic. Then again we are running full steam on optimism right now.

Zissou

I didn't think the issue with the PS3 version input lag, but slowdown in certain situations. Has it been proven that there are performance issues with PS3 version aside from the slowdown?

I-hate-u

I didn't think the issue with the PS3 version input lag, but slowdown in certain situations. Has it been proven that there are performance issues with PS3 version aside from the slowdown?

Its V-sync enabled on the PS3 that prevents screen tearing but is rumoured to slow down the game I think. I don't know if it can be turned off or removed on Capcom's side but its weird its not in the 360 version.

FEATURESET CHANGES:
*Improved Netcode.
*Replay Mode.
*PS3 system parity.
*Vanilla MvC3 HUD option.
*Player Match, Lobbies, and offline play for H&H mode.
*”Kick” function added to Lobbies.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the extra movies and stuff.

You know, I was gonna take offense to that, but then I realized that you're completely right. :lol

I guess this means I should actually start thinking about what I would want for Joe from a possible patch.

These should be added first, imo.
:)

Performance can be improved with a patch. It's not out of the realm of possibility but it's definitely too optimistic. Then again we are running full steam on optimism right now.
I figure that the system parity note is more of a "hey Capcom, we notice the difference - make sure this doesn't happen in the future" note than anything. I don't expect a fix there.

PS3 version has 2 frames more lag than 360 version, consistently.

Yeah I forgot about that. Well they need to change it from the heavy button. I am getting real tired of Taskmaster option select mighty swing/shield skills/throws. There is no skills involved what so ever.

It would change the game too much. They'd have to add in a whiff animation for everyone, and it would change how people play. It would be funny to bait out Nova air grabs though.

Dahbomb

I played on the PS3 and it's mostly just weird frame drops that happen with on screen action. Those drops do affect your inputs.

I just saw the exact Ono quote on UMVC3 at Eventhub. The way he phrased it seemed like they saw EVO, saw that obviously the game had hype and support but the game also had issues that they wanted to rectify. They are listening to fans but then he said something about "content".

I don't know what he means by that but right now I would say that the possibility of a patch went up from 0.2% to essentially 40%. I think two things hold it back: licensing and Capcom approval. The big heads at Capcom would not really sanction a patch if they thought they would get no money, that's why USF4 isn't a free patch. What the game has going for it is the EVO high and Ono's attention which right now is good enough to get the ball rolling. I think time is right to start frothing in the mouth for it and just go ham with patch talk. End all twitter posts with #umvc3 or some shit. Make some noise etc.

Azure J

FEATURESET CHANGES:
*Improved Netcode.
*Replay Mode.
*PS3 system parity.
*Vanilla MvC3 HUD option.
*Player Match, Lobbies, and offline play for H&H mode.
*”Kick” function added to Lobbies.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the extra movies and stuff.

The full version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's movie with the characters freeze framed in the middle of their respective brawls never made it onto any version of the game. Vanilla's intro video "minisodes" are on Vanilla, a game that people only have for collector's value at this time.

I-hate-u

I played on the PS3 and it's mostly just weird frame drops that happen with on screen action. Those drops do affect your inputs.

I just saw the exact Ono quote on UMVC3 at Eventhub. The way he phrased it seemed like they saw EVO, saw that obviously the game had hype and support but the game also had issues that they wanted to rectify. They are listening to fans but then he said something about "content".

I don't know what he means by that but right now I would say that the possibility of a patch went up from 0.2% to essentially 40%. I think two things hold it back: licensing and Capcom approval. The big heads at Capcom would not really sanction a patch if they thought they would get no money, that's why USF4 isn't a free patch. What the game has going for it is the EVO high and Ono's attention which right now is good enough to get the ball rolling. I think time is right to start frothing in the mouth for it and just go ham with patch talk. End all twitter posts with #umvc3 or some shit. Make some noise etc.

I am all for a new MVC3 disc based expansion next year. Matter of fact it would be my most anticipated game of the year.

OTG Red Hot Kick?

That and an overall damage increase. Joe can do about 800k on his own...

With 2 bars.
And under severe HSD, so there's a good chance you won't be able to use that second bar anyways.

The combo is basically a GB combo, so in other words it has no practical application.

Top Bottom