• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

EX Seismo is not really a special it's closer to a hyper move! It costs a bar so it should be compared to other meter intensive moves.

Shit is ridiculous. There is no risk/reward factor to that move. Use the move -> Did it hit? -> Get a combo. It didn't hit? -> No sweat, just go in because you are super plus on block. In comparison the EX Thunder Knuckle is extremely fair because it has an obvious punish.

Nah, don't agree on the scaling nerf if you get rid of soft knockdown on lightning. That one move connects so much of his game. No soft knockdown means no lightning loops, no extended combos, confirms from the air are way harder. Buster lightning gets nerfed because buster bounces them into the lightning and kills the soft knockdown. I really think the one nerf handles everything.
Buster lightning is still going to have enough hit stun for regular combo stuff like OTG pick up after Setsuizan. It will still be used in combos and it will still hurt. Before he even starts to get into extensions he is pushing 700K meterless. Shit is ridiculous, no character should have 30% damage scaling on specials except maybe Arthur.

No it's not, because most people will just DHC to Devil Trigger and do close to the exact same corner combos they did before. And without soft knockdown, 2H HSD kicks in before most people's meterless combos finish.
And that's fine because you don't build meter in Devil Trigger and you don't have full combo extensions without Spiral Swords. You are not going to get big damage after a DHC into a DT... please show me any Vergil combo that uses DT only to break 300K after a DHC.

I'm not giving him the durability, I'm giving him an extra hyper. And you can beat level 1 hypers, just not all of them and you have to move faster than before. Waah waah.
He's not getting an extra hyper... he's getting Blistering Swords for the exact same amount as before which was 2 bars. It's SS that is being nerfed. Even now some LVL1s beat out SS like Chaotic Flame. The durability nerf is not required at all if you are making it 2 bars... if you are keeping it 1 bar then it's required.

And I'm keeping his dumb Devil Trigger the way it is, so Vergil players aren't allowed to complain.
Whatever but DT is an extremely powerful option and lasts way too long. Sometimes it's even a detriment because it's cutting off meter again when you really need it.

People are going to complain about nerfs no matter what.

That makes no sense. All three versions of Mag Blasts are the same damn thing, they just move at different speeds. And they all do the same exact thing with plink dashing. 3 low durability for all of them. This keeps him from matching designated zoning characters so easily while keeping his trademark space control. It's not a hard punish so much as most characters can't easily break it without hypers. The recovery speed doesn't matter at the heights people use it.
I forgot to add that the 3 versions of Mag Blasts would've been more differentiated from each other in terms of start up and such, durability was one of those things. Right now there is hardly any reason to use Mag Blast H.

Doom is the air control character. People should be at a huge advantage below him, like fighting Sentinel in MVC2. I'm perfectly fine with Footdive the way it is as Doom's last line of defense in the air, I just don't think he should get free confirms that last 3 seconds off of it. His combos aren't the issue if he has to work for them.
Doom's last line of defense is air dash down j.M or spamming Photon Shots. The problem with Foot Dive as compared to j.M (both lead to full combos) is that Foot Dive is super hard to react to if it's going to cross up or not which just leaves to randumb shit. And he doesn't work for shit when it comes to combos, who the fuck gets quadruple OTG relaunches from magic series stuff? It's about as brain dead as it gets for high damage combos.

I kinda like GB's thinking. Piss off as few people as possible. It's kinda the way I'm going to be doing adjustments. As much as I fucking hate Zero and Vergil, I'd hate it even more if people abandoned their characters. I always want everyone to be happy with their characters.

Frantic

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";71852836]That makes no sense. All three versions of Mag Blasts are the same damn thing, they just move at different speeds. And they all do the same exact thing with plink dashing. 3 low durability for all of them. This keeps him from matching designated zoning characters so easily while keeping his trademark space control. It's not a hard punish so much as most characters can't easily break it without hypers. The recovery speed doesn't matter at the heights people use it.[/QUOTE]...And have different startup speeds. 14, 18, and 22 for L, M and H respectively. I have never seen anyone use the M or H version because there is literally no reason to. The startup and the travel speed of the L version is superior over the M and H, and they have the same durability so there's no incentive to use the M or H to do some dent in a projectile war. My suggestion was basically just to differentiate them further and encourage the use of all of them instead of just relying on the L version.

Either way, I don't particularly care if they have different durability at the end of the day. They probably shouldn't have as much hit/blockstun as they do, though. +24 for hit and +22 for block is pretty crazy.

Dahbomb

I kinda like GB's thinking. Piss off as few people as possible. It's kinda the way I'm going to be doing adjustments. As much as I fucking hate Zero and Vergil, I'd hate it even more if people abandoned their characters. I always want everyone to be happy with their characters.
If after those Vergil changes you drop the character then it was obvious you were tier whoring the character to begin with. Much like the many Dante frauds in Vanilla.

A lot of people would drop Vergil after nerfs and they should... because they were playing fraudulent as hell.

And I completely agree with Frantic on Mag Blasts.

...And have different startup speeds. 14, 18, and 22 for L, M and H respectively. I have never seen anyone use the M or H version because there is literally no reason to. The startup and the travel speed of the L version is superior over the M and H, and they have the same durability so there's no incentive to use the M or H to do some dent in a projectile war. My suggestion was basically just to differentiate them further and encourage the use of all of them instead of just relying on the L version.

M and H are for combos. Nobody's gonna use Blast H for zoning wars even if it's the only one that kills fireballs.

EX Seismo is not really a special it's closer to a hyper move! It costs a bar so it should be compared to other meter intensive moves.

Shit is ridiculous. There is no risk/reward factor to that move. Use the move -> Did it hit? -> Get a combo. It didn't hit? -> No sweat, just go in because you are super plus on block. In comparison the EX Thunder Knuckle is extremely fair because it has an obvious punish.
That's why I said get rid of the bounce. You can't DHC into or out of it so don't compare it to other level 1 hypers.

If after those Vergil changes you drop the character then it was obvious you were tier whoring the character to begin with. Much like the many Dante frauds in Vanilla.

A lot of people would drop Vergil after nerfs and they should... because they were playing fraudulent as hell.

And I completely agree with Frantic on Mag Blasts.

I'm just saying I know some folk would hit him HARD with the nerf stick. Probably very unreasonable changes. I'd want the character to still be very enjoyable to play.......though I don't know what people enjoy about him now other than.....winning. He's a boring as fuck character in my opinion, besides maybe sword loops.

I think FGTV already recommended double jump on her. They tested it in H&H. Air dash She Hulk was way too derpy.

Characters who I believe are mostly fine and need minimal changes:

Taskmaster
Amaterasu
Nova
Dante
Dormammu
Hawkeye
MODOK
Hulk
Felicia
Strider
Haggar
Chris
Viewtiful Joe
Frank West
Spider Man
Wesker
Trish

Most of these characters are in the Upper Mid or higher competitive category. If you are better than these characters then you are a bit too good but if you are worse you probably need help.

Exceptions would include characters liks Strange or Firebrand who even though are good competitive characters still need quite a few changes either way. That is to say need both nerfs and buffs.

I bolded the characters who I think are too high for that list (and therefore would need more nerfs) and underlined the ones the are too low (and therefore need more buffs). I also think Storm, Deadpool, and maybe Super-Skrull should fall into that list.

Oh, and about nerfing Zero, there's one thing outside of stopping Lightning Loops that should change: do not let Zero charge his buster during his super-flashes.

It's a dumb glitch. Time is technically frozen during the middle of super-flashes, so there's no reason why he should be able to charge his buster during the middle of his. It's because of this that he's able to easily Lightning Loop people solo (Setsuizan OTG, Buster, Raikosen, land, Sougenmu, OH LOOK! MY BUSTER IS ALL CHARGED UP AGAIN EVEN THOUGH I JUST SHOT ONE, Lightning Loop time).

How do I know it's a glitch? Zero can't charge his buster when his opponent enters a super-flash. This leads me to believe it was completely unintentional from the developers, along with Lightning Loops existing.

Dahbomb

I'm just saying I know some folk would hit him HARD with the nerf stick. Probably very unreasonable changes. I'd want the character to still be very enjoyable to play.......though I don't know what people enjoy about him now other than.....winning. He's a boring as fuck character in my opinion, besides maybe sword loops.
None of my changes are unreasonable in fact I would say GB's changes are a bit more unreasonable than mine. Everyone knows SS is too good. Trying to nerf it into a hyper that would be fair for 1 bar is too much hassle particularly the combos you get off it so that's why a lot of people agree it should simply be 2 bars. In order to not kill the thing that makes Vergil interesting, Storm/Blistering Swords are now free after SS use. This puts them where they are currently only now the choice to use them is more apparent as before everyone just used SS twice because it was easier.

SH off Helm Breaker is TOO derp. When I first discovered this for the first time I face palmed. There is no reason for Vergil to have this, he doesn't even have it in the games.

Devil Trigger is an extremely underrated tool for Vergil and makes him more interesting but as a point everyone spent that 1 bar on SS instead. Now DT becomes the standard hyper to use in terms of making yourself safe, meter for SS is saved when you really need the lockdown. Because DT locks meter gain people would have to be more careful about whiffing moves because canceling into DT means they don't get meter for quite some time. Reducing the time on DT allows you to get back to meter building quicker and also tones down Dark Vergil a bit.

I think Dark Vergil should still stay relevant. He's a nice counter pick to Phoenix and Strider but now he needs one more bar to counter which is fair. System changes will make sure he is more normalized in this position.

None of my changes are unreasonable in fact I would say GB's changes are a bit more unreasonable than mine. Everyone knows SS is too good. Trying to nerf it into a hyper that would be fair for 1 bar is too much hassle particularly the combos you get off it so that's why a lot of people agree it should simply be 2 bars. In order to not kill the thing that makes Vergil interesting, Storm/Blistering Swords are now free after SS use. This puts them where they are currently only now the choice to use them is more apparent as before everyone just used SS twice because it was easier.

SH off Helm Breaker is TOO derp. When I first discovered this for the first time I face palmed. There is no reason for Vergil to have this, he doesn't even have it in the games.

Devil Trigger is an extremely underrated tool for Vergil and makes him more interesting but as a point everyone spent that 1 bar on SS instead. Now DT becomes the standard hyper to use in terms of making yourself safe, meter for SS is saved when you really need the lockdown. Because DT locks meter gain people would have to be more careful about whiffing moves because canceling into DT means they don't get meter for quite some time. Reducing the time on DT allows you to get back to meter building quicker and also tones down Dark Vergil a bit.

I think Dark Vergil should still stay relevant. He's a nice counter pick to Phoenix and Strider but now he needs one more bar to counter which is fair. System changes will make sure he is more normalized in this position.

Oh I wasn't accusing you by the way.

But I agree on the 2 bars for SS. Helm breaker would be negative on block....enough to grab him.....so -3 i suppose. High time won't hit two characters anymore. There's some other shit..............but I still need to focus on this weeks characters!

Dahbomb

Nah that's too much. Helm Breaker is his only manueverable move in the air aside from Starfall which is bad for a dive kick. It's his last line of defense and without it no one would respect Vergil. It's still punishable on chicken block especially now that you don't have HSH follow up to keep safe. In addition, no more d/f and d/b + H OS nerfs it as well... most people want that change in.

Hightime not picking up 2 characters is like making Wolverine's slide not pick up two characters. I know he's the king of happy birthdays but come on.... that's a huge nerf and he has had enough now. Tighten up your assist calls and meaty that Helm Breaker.

Sigmaah

I'd be fine with Zero going back to Vanilla status, and Dahbomb your changes are what id be fine with expect the adjustment on normals, only normal I see that should be adjusted for the ppl is pizza cutter. Everything else is fine... Lol.

Dahbomb

Zero going back to Vanilla status means he would be a less interesting character but with the same high damage. He always had Lightning Loop plus he had hard knockdown on Buster. Buster cancels on specials made him interesting and complete (no longer needs assists for relaunches). Too bad Capcom decided to add "Lightning cross ups in corner now" in the changelog while not fixing his real issues like scaling and soft knockdown on Lightning.

And yea Pizza Cutter is a bit silly.

Azure J

Well since we entered free for all mode now, what if Vergil swords super defaulted to Blistering Swords form and Spiral was the +1 more follow up? Too strong a nerf?

Dahbomb

Well since we entered free for all mode now, what if Vergil swords super defaulted to Blistering Swords form and Spiral was the +1 more follow up? Too strong a nerf?
If anything this would be a substantial buff. Storm/Blistering Swords are too strong for 1 bar.

I won't agree to nerfing pizza cutter. That move is Drill Claw status with all the other unpunished moves in the game. It's a great move, but a huge commitment. It's not cancelable and he's always dropping from the sky with it, but nobody wants to backdash and punish it.

More importantly, the characters I'm most looking forward to talking about:

• Trish
  • Thor
  • Nemesis
  • Sentinel
  • Shuma
  • Rocket
  • Hawkeye

Yo Marvel GAF I'm gone for one day and this topic explodes on Wright discussion! Okay Mega Post incomming. I'll just comment on the important things I wanna talk about.

When it comes to buffing Wright, there needs to be more focus on his modes outside of Turnabout Mode. Agreed

-Cannot be grabbed through Maya's shield. Command grabs are Wright's worst nightmare right now because they prevent him from getting evidence safely. Wright vs. Super-Skrull is one of the dumbest match-ups I've ever witnessed. Whoa that is way to powerful a buff, attacking instead of grabbing evidence is good enough at countering throws
OR
-Maya's shield either can absorb more damage or scales attacks properly. It's useless against most zoning characters since projectiles do so much raw damage. Agreed

-Replace Paperwork High with Maya. No one uses Paperwork High over Paperwork Low anyways. Paperwork High is useless

-Evidence projectiles and Paperwork become air-OK; Wright stalls in the air while presenting evidence, but falls normally during Paperwork. This will give Wright at least some air options besides his normals and Hold It/Objection. Plus, it makes him safer and more able to capable of using his projectiles against other zoners.Wright needs air options badly and this is a good idea

-c.H in Turnabout Mode hits low. I wouldn't mind his c.H in Trial Mode also hitting low, but Turnabout Mode is the priority here since he's more aggressive in that mode.This is the single most important buff he needs. If Capcom wants Wright to play as he does now with his mechanic this is mandatory. Wright needs to be aggressive and dominant in this mode and with out this buff he simply is not. He needs friends to create oppurtunites and in Marvel that is the biggest sign of weakness there is

-Increased horizontal range on all of his normals.Definitely

I still don't see why Wright has any bad evidence to begin with, nor do I see any argument that could even be considered "good" that is in favor of it.

I know I'm alone on this but I still support bad evidence. Just the frequency of it needs to be toned. Also the evidence pool needs to fixed in player matches.

In player matches evidence tends to recycle to the same evidences every time you rematch. If I start a player match and don't go back to the character select screen and play ten matches in a row. My evidence should not be Knife, Folder, Meatbun, Bad evidence, Photo 9/10 starts. Last time me and FSLink did ditto Wrights at start. We always did Maya Shield and grabbed four pieces of evidence and we both would get the same ones everytime. I don't know if this is a glitch or intentional but it needs to be randomized like in versus or ranked.

I remember Lythero said during a tourney if he got a really crappy pull of evidence on his first match he would go back to the select screen to try to get a better pull. This is dumb. I don't do this but I can see why one would.

Not being grabbed during Maya's Shield seems a bit extreme. How would a melee character even hurt him, then? I feel like Wright having to toss a c.L out to deter ground throws balances his shield out, which is really good. I do sympathize with the Super-Skrull match problem, though. I'm not sure what to do about that without wrecking the ability for all rushdown to touch him once he establishes his defenses.

I completely agree with all of this Karst. Wright with a good assist can already do pretty good against non-JW tier Wolverine's. You know why? He has no projectiles. All he can do is throw or try for a Berserker Claw and hope Wright isn't in shield range. Now if he's backed by a proper assist like Doom Plasma Beam he can win easily, but most times no. (Unless start of match, Wolvie is god like)
I'm all about removing the bad evidence. Wright already has to hit people with a particular move to go into Turnabout. That's enough of a setback.

And at the end of the day even a small setback like that will keep 95% of the top tourney players from even considering him because pro's leave nothing to chance. (except for TAC's cause what choice do they have)

I like this. Added to my list. Though I don't agree with stalling just because it would look weird to see Wright floating in the air like that.

This is Marvel. This is like one tier down from. Wright shouldn't be in this game because he doesn't fight.

I'm very wary of this. His fingers have huge range and chip as it is. I understand why you want this, but I'm more inclined to say that he should figure out ways to set up unblockables with his toolset.

I think all Wright player will agree with this buff. For as much hurdles he has this only makes sense. No character should have only C.L. actually be low. This means Dr.Strange too. TB Wright gets destroyed by up back blocking. He doesn't have the speed to chase or create mix ups on his own. He has no air options outside finger, so he is supper predictable in the air. Imagine if Dark Phoenix didn't have a teleport, moved like Haggar and didn't have a low attack. Who would go through the loops and setbacks to play her. I would be happy if the only buff Wright got was this. Then he would be at the level of lvl5 Frank and DP.

Regarding assists. Missile can stay. It's fair and balanced. Who ever said that missile should be a regular move. No. Not as it is now. Missile is the lowest projectile durability in the game IIRC. Plus he has Maya H for a self OTG. Just give him that during Trial mode.

Press the Witness is an okay assist. It's a decent combo extender for certain teams.

Paper Work is garbage. I feel this was only an assist with the invincibility in mind. He to vulnerable during it and isn't that great.

Maya can't be an assist. Unless you guys want an invincible assist that OTG's. That would destroy Lariat and Gustav flamme.

Also whoever said make Hold it/Objection an assist. Brilliant. An extra way to go into TB (while also feeling like a defensive comeback attack) is always welcome. Also if the dizzyness effect also stacked like Dorm's assist that would truly bring an interesting element to the game. Plus this would force more interesting Wright combo's. Two huge gains but alone a crappy on hit assist. Sounds fair.

I always thought an interesting potential buff to Turnabout that I read awhile back is to be able to go with even just 1 good evidence if you land an Objection (map it to f.S?) but the amount of time you're in Turnabout depends on how many good evidence you have.

I'm not a fan of this idea. Just don't like it. It's a thoughtful idea though. This would make turnabout less special. Getting it and using it several times in a match. It makes the comeback/hurdle less rewarding IMO.

Good suggestions Frantic, I added a few to my own list. I'm still not on board with buffing Turnabout, though.

He only needs one buff. The C.H. With that no need to rebalance TB time or any other TB moves. As he is now. He needs a hell of a lot of other buffs in TB mode to make him a super character.

We have to be careful about buffing Wright's ability to get into Turnabout and his abilities in Turnabout. That's a recipe for disaster. When Wright gets Turnabout, he really tends to win matches.

So does lvl5 Frank and DP. He should tend to win matches in that situation. Plus Frank and DP can get their super forms relevantly easy unscathed. Most times Wright gets TB he usually has substantial damage done to him to get to that point. Plus Frank and DP have no timer.
Yipes lost to him, and on commentary Viscant and Magus (lol) both said that if Wright gets Turnabout, you need to burn X-Factor or whatever else you have to kill him. I totally agree with that sentiment, and I know that when SlasherMcGirk gets Turnabout mode, I will blow every resource I have to kill Wright, because he is just that dangerous.
Yea I would want to take him down too. Most teams are built around him so if he's powered up and the team is built to cater to that, he needs to be destroyed.

Question Karst. One of Wright best tools is his chip in X-Factor during TB. If your balance change decreases damage but increases chip this would be a powerful buff to his character. Not broken but powerful indeed. I guess that wasn't really a question.
I think the best approach to Wright is making Turnabout a more reasonable goal, and we've done that with changes to the M-Maya?! L shield and his evidence collection, along with the assist choices I gave him for players who want to bring him in easily (collect 3 evidence by assist, spent 1 bar to TAC to Wright - easy Turnabout). Anything more than that is going to get terrifying. We also have to keep in mind that we're nerfing most of the top tiers in the game, and those are the characters to typically have such good pressure that Wright can't get anything done.

Whoa thats to good. Are you saying he can grab evidence during an assist while not on point. That would be like three or four Dark Harmonizers to have a full set. No way. This discourages people even playing Investagation or Trial mode at all. That's no good. Capcom would never do that.

Most top tiers do good against Wright because of there tools not because of their buffs. Wesker, Vergil and Skrull ect will always dominate Wright. It's part of their move sets.

No one is going to respect PW as long as TA is on a limited timer. Honestly speaking landing his LVL3 should completely refresh his timer.

You are right Dahbomb. I think the timer is a big reason people don't respect him. What's he supposed to do against Trish and Morrigan. They can stay in the air all day. A timer. Pssh character invalidated.

I do think landing the AA hyper most of time is not needed. Most DHCs will do more damage and you get to keep a bar of meter. The only time I use AA is for a full screen punish or a X-Factor OHKO. It's not even that great to use to counter other hypers because Order in the Court has longer invincibility frames.

I got Wright down to 10:
Phoenix Wright:
*Bad evidence removed from the game.
*”M-Maya?!” L appears closer to Wright than before, startup is reduced to 15 frames, and the shield now benefits from damage scaling.
*Ace Attorney startup reduced to 5 frames.
*Stance Change reduced to 10 frames (from 20).
*”M-Maya?!” M and H startup reduced to 20 frames.
*”Get em’ Missile!” added as a normal move; charge back for 30 frames, then forward and M; startup is 15 frames, 10 recovery.
*Present Evidence and Paperwork air OK.
*Slip-Up startup reduced to 19 frames.
*Dash distance increased by 20%, total dash time unchanged.
*Hitboxes on normals improved slightly.

Assists: “Get em’ Missile!”, Questioning (becomes Objection when appropriate), Gather/Present Evidence (continues to gather through the L+S, M+S, and H+S inputs until all evidence is gathered; uses L+S if in Trial mode; if all slots are filled and he is called while in Investigation mode, throws away his L+S item).

Besides getting rid of bad evidence and gathering evidence during an assist. I support all of these changes. I still would trade them all for C.H. hitting low though. It's that important. Other Wright players agree. Add it to the list Karst.

Yo Slasher, if you read this, I want a ft10 too. I haven't had a Wright mirror in awhile.
Even though I hate Wright ditto's, anytime pal.

Does it matter what system I play on? PS3, there is your're answer.
Yo is this a challange? I don't consider myself a major tourney player or anything but I feel I can play my team pretty damn well. (except for my fraudulent Wesker) I'm not the type of person to say I'm gonna crush ya or cry if I get bodied, but if you wanna play a good Wright, I will play you. You wanna get destroyed by a Wright play Poltergustt. I'll get the recorder ready. (drama aside I love playing new people)

I think he already follows them will enough with his quotes and animations.

Da Fauck. You know what fuck all the balance changes. Wright needs a buff to the win quotes. They are generic as all hell with little to know no partner combo quotes. AND he is a NEW character. I want my sarcastic, ironic jokes and witty inner monologue Wright and not this "Miss Walter your witness, Wow I guess you can beat the devil and In battle in not a question of guilty or not guilty" I would forgive it all if there was one step ladder joke but no.

Investigation Mode will still suck even with no bad evidence, you know. It just makes it faster for one to get out of it. There's no way to buff Investigation Mode to make it worthwhile to remain in it unless you can guarantee getting good evidence each time you pick one up, even with the Maya buffs.

Also a Wright buff I would like is to make switching modes safer. I get punished way to much just switching modes. Obviously this is to not make Investagation mode attacks combo into Trial mode attacks. Just make it blockable or something.

Also a Wright buff I would like is to make switching modes safer. I get punished way to much just switching modes. Obviously this is to not make Investagation mode attacks combo into Trial mode attacks. Just make it blockable or something.

I agree with this, even simply changing it leaves Wright open just long enough for a punish.

Dahbomb

At this point it seems the list for She Hulk, Phoenix and Wolverine is fairly solid. The list for Wright is still very much debated on so I say we finalize that for tomorrow then I will release the next batch of characters. Discussion on old characters will still continue but new changes would have to be really compelling to make the entry.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";71878706]You can't cancel pizza slicer with buster. An ignorant response.[/QUOTE]

Edit: wait no I was thinking it was H not S

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";71878706]You can't cancel pizza slicer with buster. An ignorant response.[/QUOTE]
But you can throw out Buster right after pizza cutter making it extremely hard to punish. I never said anything about canceling Pizza Cutter into Buster.

Just to be clear the main thing I want changed on Zero's normals is the active frames on hit or the hit stop non sense. Regardless of the fact that Zero is a top character, what makes him most annoying is the extremely long hit stop in his attacks when he is comboing you. This isn't even a balancing issue, it's just annoying as fuck.

But you can throw out Buster right after pizza cutter making it extremely hard to punish. I never said anything about canceling Pizza Cutter into Buster.

Yes, because Zero is attacking you with pizza cutter by flying with it on the way up on super jumps. There is almost never a situation where pizza recovers before hitting the ground if he's trying to attack you with it, and none of those situations matter to being able to punish it. You see him do pizza cutter without you already being locked down by an assist, just super or use a fireball or whatever. And if you're already locked down by an assist, the priority of the move doesn't matter.

I have no idea what point you're trying to prove here.

Dahbomb

I wasn't trying to "prove" anything I was saying that Pizza Cutter is a hard to punish move and in no way comparable to Drill Claw on whiff (lol). In addition, most of Zero's actions aren't hard commitments anyway because of the Buster. He is one of the safest characters in the game. I don't care for Pizza Cutter to be nerfed, someone else recommended it. I would rather they do something about the hit stop on his moves or whatever the technical reason behind his ridiculously long animations during combos.

I might be biased because all three characters on my team can beat Zero but I don't think pizza slicer is all it's cracked up to be. I really think it's easy to punish but nobody cares enough to practice it. I know 3 or 4 different ways to hit it with each of my characters depending on how close he is to landing on my head.

You'd be surprised how many characters can reliably just raw launch him when he falls on you.

Leetirl

Neo Member
I would kill for Tony Stark to have a better c.H but even more so a legit launcher with a few less punishable frames.

As for Vergil I think a substantial reduction to his level 2/3 x-factor damage would be reasonable.

Azure J

I hope people aren't going to get so caught up in trivialities like buttons and miss out on big things like lowering the hit stop on Zero's combos. Everyone in this game has dumb buttons after all.

I-hate-u

Akuma - Balanced
Amaterasu - Balanced
Arthur - Buff +

Captain America - Balanced
Chris - Buff +
Chun-Li - Buff +
Crimson Viper - Nerf -

Dante - Buff 1/2 +
Deadpool - Buff +
Doctor Doom - Nerf -
Doctor Strange - Balanced
Dormammu - Balanced

Felicia - Balanced
Firebrand - Buff +
Frank West - Balanced

Ghost Rider - Buff ++

Haggar - Balanced
Hawkeye - Buff +
Hsien-Ko - Buff +++
Hulk - Nerf -

Iron Fist - Buff ++
Iron Man - Buff +

Jill - Buff +

M.O.D.O.K - Balanced
Magneto - Balanced
Morrigan - Nerf -

Nemesis - Buff ++
Nova - Nerf -

Phoenix - Balanced
Phoenix Wright - Buff ++

Rocket Raccoon - Buff +
Ryu - Buff +

Sentinel - Buff ++
She-Hulk - Buff ++

Shuma-Gorath - Balanced
Spencer - Nerf -
Spider-Man - Balanced
Storm -+
Strider Hiryu - Balanced
Super-Skrull - Balanced

Taskmaster - Balanced
Thor - Buff ++
Trish - Balanced
Tron Bonne - Buff ++

Vergil - Nerf -
Viewtiful Joe - Balanced

Wesker - Buff 1/2 +
Wolverine - Nerf 1/2 -

X-23 - Buff +

Zero - Nerf - X2
--------------------

The balanced characters need some minor tweaking, but I feel they are balanced in UMVC3. Not too strong, but have tools to be overwhelming. Then we have characters that need to get buffed or nerfed. The amount of + and - is how much I feel each character need to get affected. I don't want to see the top tiers right now fall of the face of the earth.

For example, Dr.Doom is a perfectly balanced character if his assists are toned down and the TAC are gone.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Chris doesn't need buffs if top characters are getting nerfs

Same for Deadpool

and the only buffs iron man needs is some hit box fixes OR to tone down the execution required to do high damage not both

smurfx

get some go again
The only change I would make on She Hulk is increasing the range on her lampost to 3/4th screen. Its supposed to be used against zoning. To counter act you can change start up to 24 frames. The Phoenix and Wolverine changes I can agree with.

I think removing bad evidence from PW is a radical change. I am 100% for it but I feel it lowers the comedic value of the character. Maybe put good/bad evidence on a specific pattern so that you know when you are about to get a good one or a bad one. I also think PW gathering evidence as assists is too radical, would allow a character like Haggar to camp back and up/back Pipe until he gets all evidences.

She Hulk already has a good enough hit box and invincibility on her AA hyper. Its one of her best tools, the hit box is better than Frank. Not sure why its being buffed, just seems like a "buff for the sake of buff" thing.
you can get rid of bad evidence but make it so that his evidence disappears if he tags/dhc's out. make the phoenix wright players earn turnabout mode while he has the evidence. once he is in turnabout mode then he can tag out or dhc out.

Taskmaster needs his health switched with Sentinel. I will lobby for this until the end of time.
beef isn't allowed to give suggestions when taskmaster is up for changes.

Akuma - Balanced
Amaterasu - Balanced
Arthur - Buff +

Captain America - Balanced
Chris - Buff +
Chun-Li - Buff +
Crimson Viper - Nerf -

Dante - Buff 1/2 +
Deadpool - Buff +
Doctor Doom - Nerf -
Doctor Strange - Balanced
Dormammu - Balanced

Felicia - Balanced
Firebrand - Buff +
Frank West - Balanced

Ghost Rider - Buff ++

Haggar - Balanced
Hawkeye - Buff +
Hsien-Ko - Buff +++
Hulk - Nerf -

Iron Fist - Buff ++
Iron Man - Buff +

Jill - Buff +

M.O.D.O.K - Balanced
Magneto - Balanced
Morrigan - Nerf -

Nemesis - Buff ++
Nova - Nerf -

Phoenix - Balanced
Phoenix Wright - Buff ++

Rocket Raccoon - Buff +
Ryu - Buff +

Sentinel - Buff ++
She-Hulk - Buff ++

Shuma-Gorath - Balanced
Spencer - Nerf -
Spider-Man - Balanced
Storm -+
Strider Hiryu - Balanced
Super-Skrull - Balanced

Taskmaster - Balanced
Thor - Buff ++
Trish - Balanced
Tron Bonne - Buff ++

Vergil - Nerf -
Viewtiful Joe - Balanced

Wesker - Buff 1/2 +
Wolverine - Nerf 1/2 -

X-23 - Buff +

Zero - Nerf - X2
--------------------

The balanced characters need some minor tweaking, but I feel they are balanced in UMVC3. Not too strong, but have tools to be overwhelming. Then we have characters that need to get buffed or nerfed. The amount of + and - is how much I feel each character need to get affected. I don't want to see the top tiers right now fall of the face of the earth.

For example, Dr.Doom is a perfectly balanced character if his assists are toned down and the TAC are gone.

Um... buffing Dante and Wesker over Captain America? Saying that characters like Taskmaster, Dormammu, Strider, and Magneto (a character pretty much everyone has in their top 3) are on the same level as Spider-man and Haggar? Deadpool and Chris needing a buff as much as Tron and Arthur do? Nerfing Hulk?

I'm sorry, but I simply can't agree with this.

you can get rid of bad evidence but make it so that his evidence disappears if he tags/dhc's out. make the phoenix wright players earn turnabout mode while he has the evidence. once he is in turnabout mode then he can tag out or dhc out.

That's an awful idea. He needs DHCs so he can tag out safely.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Um... buffing Dante and Wesker over Captain America? Saying that characters like Taskmaster, Dormammu, Strider, and Magneto (a character pretty much everyone has in their top 3) are on the same level as Spider-man and Haggar? Deadpool and Chris needing a buff as much as Tron and Arthur do? Nerfing Hulk?

I'm sorry, but I simply can't agree with this.

You didn't point out this fun one.

Sentinel - Buff ++
LOL at implying Sentinel is worse than arthur

Top Bottom