• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

GooeyHeat

I just had a random Shuma thought. If he was getting a new assist to replace one of his crappy ones, he could do his stone fall (dive kick). Kinda like a Vajra.

How would he get into the sky, though?
Maybe his stand H should be an assist. Tentacles everywhere.
Speaking of which, I gotta go buy Shuma on this new copy. Dammit.

Dahbomb

I am looking at all the standing overheads in the game for knowledge purposes:

Spencer: 21
Akuma: 21
Viper: 22 (Elbow Drop), 23/25/27 (Burn Kick L/M/H)
Ryu: 23, 21 in Denjin mode
Deadpool: 25
Chun Li: 29
Viewtiful Joe: 13 (LOL, not like you are going to be able to see it anyway)
Nova Slam: 24
Iron Fist: 21
She Hulk: 25

Chris at 24 would make it among the slower overheads in the game.

And if we start making assists on attacks that have to be used in the air... that's just a whole new loophole we are opening. LOL HELM BREAKER AS AN ASSIST

Frantic

I am looking at all the standing overheads in the game for knowledge purposes:

Spencer: 21
Akuma: 21
Viper: 22 (Elbow Drop), 23/25/27 (Burn Kick L/M/H)
Ryu: 23, 21 in Denjin mode
Deadpool: 25
Chun Li: 29
Viewtiful Joe: 13 (LOL, not like you are going to be able to see it anyway)
Nova Slam: 24
Iron Fist: 21
She Hulk: 25

Jill's is 23, Phoenix's is 22.

Think that's everyone's?

LOL. Shuma-Gorath coming out of a portal to j.S someone is fucking badass. I'm curious what Dahbomb and GB say.

I don't think the game is even set up to allow that sort of thing. Probably a harder change than command grab assists.

Um, no. He's buffed by TACs being guaranteed now.

And losing that bar he would have used to kill someone before.

Yeah, saying 24 was pretty deliberate.

Dahbomb

Jill's is 23, Phoenix's is 22.

Think that's everyone's?
Yeah I was about to post those two, just looking for them.

And losing that bar he would have used to kill someone before.
When leveling up Frank... "killing" is not even a first priority. The health buff actually helps out Frank more because that's more chances for him to level up. If you get a combo and the person dies before you get a chance to level up Frank, you feel bad.

Wasn't one of the changes for a She Hulk assist her Shooting star or whatever the fuck it's called? That's an air move.
It's a grey area I would say, it's more of a stance move ie. a post Catapult move. There is no actual "jumping" involved. My guess is that when the assist comes in she would probably have to first go into Runner Stance -> Catapult -> Shooting Star. She can't come in from the air doing Shooting Star, that wouldn't work and I am pretty sure the game isn't programmed to do that.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72245281]And losing that bar he would have used to kill someone before.[/QUOTE]
It's a buff to him. -_-

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72247046]We ready for new characters?

8-way Goomba Stompers or Big Bodies next?[/QUOTE]
Dahbomb wants us to rest on these changes tonight, and I think that's wise.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72247671]Ok, then I will prepare frame data analysis for the next characters. Who are the next characters again?[/QUOTE]
Well, that's the point: Dahbomb can't say. If he said it, then we would all start talking about it. Nothing stops this train, etc.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72247671]Ok, then I will prepare frame data analysis for the next characters. Who are the next characters again?[/QUOTE]
If I list them people will start posting their change list stuff and the previous 4 characters will get ignored. But since I am nice, I will spoiler tag the next characters but there will be no official discussion on it (people can do whatever they want here, I can't stop them but I won't give serious comments until it's real talk time):

Jill................
Deadpool.........
Nemesis .........
Viper .........

Aka team my LVL3 sucks

If I list them people will start posting their change list stuff and the previous 4 characters will get ignored. But since I am nice, I will spoiler tag the next characters but there will be no official discussion on it (people can do whatever they want here, I can't stop them but I won't give serious comments until it's real talk time):

Jill
Deadpool
Nemesis
Viper

Aka team my LVL3 sucks

Hmm... I think they're all good. No changes necessary. Next batch.

Ghazi

Yes, but in practice it's something that happens as a coincidence, not as part of a plan.

Ah, a friend told me that but I didn't believe him.

I guess that makes sense, my first reaction to a projectile would be to jump and do Air Play regardless of if Air Play's projectile is more durable than the one incoming since I don't know durability values instead of using Stinger.

Azure J

But she's perfect already!

Niitsuma's favorite character and whatnot. :p

Viper is easy. I don't think she'll even need 10 overall changes.

+ Optic Blast assist replaces Seismo
- Level 3 Focus Attack anti-air is now a strike type move (spinning but air techable knockdown) as opposed to soft knockdown
- Slightly increased time between Seismo and jump cancel or jump cancelled actions.
- Damage scaling decreased to 10% normals and 20% specials
- EX moves do not build meter

Niitsuma's favorite character and whatnot. :p

Viper is easy. I don't think she'll even need 10 overall changes.

+ Optic Blast assist replaces Seismo
- Level 3 Focus Attack anti-air is now a strike type move (spinning but air techable knockdown) as opposed to soft knockdown
- Slightly increased time between Seismo and jump cancel or jump cancelled actions.
- Damage scaling decreased to 10% normals and 20% specials
- EX moves do not build meter
We're not supposed to talk about it tonight. -_-

Just talking to myself right now. Saving these here so I can post them tomorrow.

Jill

• Position exchange now a 5-frame startup, +6 on hit from +4
  • Arrow Kick passes through projectiles during active frames
  • Mad Beast is now a level 2 Hyper Combo
  • Fallen Prey forces neutral tech
  • Somersault Kick accessible through dpS, not jump cancelable

Deadpool

• Can now teleport three times before malfunctioning
  • Teleport Malfunction now causes soft knockdown
  • Increased hitstun on Katana-Rama M and H versions
  • Taunt bubble stays out for full animation when canceled
  • 4th Wall Crisis now a level 1 Hyper Combo, damage reduced to 220,000, throw scaling on follow up

Nemesis

• Super armor on H increased to frames 6-28, 2H increased to frames 10-30
  • Anti-Air Rocket Launcher now aims 30 degrees downward
  • Clothesline Rocket M and H become the L and M versions, respectively.
  • Clothesline Rocket L version is the same as M, only starts up in 26 frames, causes soft knockdown and is +0 on block.
  • Biohazard Rush now has Hyper Armor through recovery, vertical hitbox increased
  • Now possible to combo after Launcher Slam M on standing opponents
  • Fatal Mutation now has invincibility from frames 1-15
  • Launcher Slam M assist has armor from frames 33-44

Viper
  • EX Seismo no longer bounces, can only be reliably followed up with FADC when hit relatively close to Viper
  • Seismo assist replaced with Optic Laser
  • Special move damage scaling reduced to 20%
  • Level 3 Focus no longer cancelable on whiff

Dahbomb

What the fuck God's Beard....

LOL @ "talking to myself". This is why we can't have nice things.

Truly nothing is stopping this train.

Those Deadpool and Viper changes are pretty much the same as mine except for a few differences.

Dahbomb

Worms are out of the can... discussion is open on the new characters.

I have to ask.... what's the reasoning behind the Clothesline Rocket changes? They are making no sense to me right now aside from the fact that I get why you want to make Clothesline M into Clothesline H because intuitively it makes sense that H be the version that aims higher.

Also I had the same idea as you with the 30 degree down rocket only it should just be mapped to QCB + S instead of replacing the already QCF + S move.

Zissou

Why are we getting rid of the sword hilt hitting behind Dante? He's already a character with wack defensive options, and this will just open him up more to YOLO teleports from certain characters. He'a already a character that doesn't have to be respected that much when he'a above you- his helm breaker is slow and hammer ain't what it used to be by a longshot.

I like bold blocking too- at least I don't see why it's problematic. Having a beam hyper is an amazing tool as is- so what if your character can't punish one specific character when they whiff a normal?

Dahbomb

Why are we getting rid of the sword hilt hitting behind Dante? He's already a character with wack defensive options, and this will just open him up more to YOLO teleports from certain characters. He'a already a character that doesn't have to be respected that much when he'a above you- his helm breaker is slow and hammer ain't what it used to be by a longsho
That's not what is being changed. He still has the hit box when he is bringing the sword from his back but when the move is active and going down, people don't want to get hit by the trenchcoat of Dante on the other side. You will probably see the same change on Vergil.

Zissou

That's not what is being changed. He still has the hit box when he is bringing the sword from his back but when the move is active and going down, people don't want to get hit by the trenchcoat of Dante on the other side. You will probably see the same change on Vergil.

Ahh- thanks for the clarification. Won't this make him super suceptible to characters crossing under him though?

TWILT

Banned
GGs to Slasher and FSLink. Both you guys are really good as usual.

Gonna spend the upcoming weekend to practice some more.

I have to ask.... what's the reasoning behind the Clothesline Rocket changes?

Nemesis has no safe moves, and clothesline rocket H is garbage. I kept M version as the new H for certain combos and big bodies, M version is the real hitconfirm and L is safe but has higher startup so you can get fucked up anyway if your opponent knows what you're canceling into. But you can also cancel into Launcher Slam M instead which is unsafe but has armor. So Nemesis still isn't fully safe, but he has a better mixup blockstring.

It's following the logic of 2H or command grab. "If I try to punish, am I gonna get tossed/slammed?"

But Nemesis is always gonna be at disadvantage after the mixup. Just because he's slow. Even with +0, he's the one that has to guess.

Frantic

I like bold blocking too- at least I don't see why it's problematic. Having a beam hyper is an amazing tool as is- so what if your character can't punish one specific character when they whiff a normal?
I love Bold Blocking, but it's a silly feature that he can block shit for free after whiffing something when no one else can. It just encourages less safe play.

Plus, I'm almost positive it's a glitch/exploit since I can guarantee you it's a byproduct of being able to cancel the prejump frames into specials. No doubt Capcom just took the normal prejump frames(that allow you to block out of a dash) and slapped it onto the move, not realizing or caring that it would allow him to block in certain situations.

As a side note, I remember seeing someone(I think on SRK?) suggest giving Dante the ability to block during the jump frames as well as the startup. I laughed pretty hard.

Dahbomb

I am looking at the frame data and old Clothesline Rocket L is 18 frame start up and -2 on block. So you want that to be the new Clothesline Rocket M?

So new Clothesline series would look like this:

Clothesline Rocket L: 26 frame start up, 0 on block, soft knockdown (fires a rocket?)
Clothesline Rocket M: 22 fame start up, +6 on block
Clothesline Rocket H: 18 frame start up, -2 on block

I think you need to clear up the new Clothesline frame data because the way you worded it confusing.

7000 words of proposed UMvC3 changes uploaded to the blog. Check the brokentier blog tomorrow morning when it goes up.
IT'S OVER SEVEN THOUSAND!!!!!!!!11111111

Zissou

I love Bold Blocking, but it's a silly feature that he can block shit for free after whiffing something when no one else can. It just encourages less safe play.

Plus, I'm almost positive it's a glitch/exploit since I can guarantee you it's a byproduct of being able to cancel the prejump frames into specials. No doubt Capcom just took the normal prejump frames(that allow you to block out of a dash) and slapped it onto the move, not realizing or caring that it would allow him to block in certain situations.

As a side note, I remember seeing someone(I think on SRK?) suggest giving Dante the ability to block during the jump frames as well as the startup. I laughed pretty hard.

I don't think it matters whether something originates as a glitch. If 1) players of the character like it and 2) if no one on earth complains about it (except for Karst), why fuck with it? In many situations it requires careful timing to do anyway, like if you try to punish lariat and Haggar tries to punish your punish with rapid fire fist, you have to time bold move correctly or you will get punched in the face.

I am looking at the frame data and old Clothesline Rocket L is 18 frame start up and -2 on block. So you want that to be the new Clothesline Rocket M?

So new Clothesline series would look like this:

Clothesline Rocket L: 26 frame start up, 0 on block (fires a rocket?)
Clothesline Rocket M: 22 fame start up, +6 on block
Clothesline Rocket H: 18 frame start up, -2 on block

I think you need to clear up the new Clothesline frame data because the way you worded it confusing.
Clothesline Rocket L: 26 frame start up, 0 on block(no rocket, soft knockdown)
Clothesline Rocket M: 18 fame start up, -2 on block (no rocket, wallbounce)
Clothesline Rocket H: 22 frame start up, +6 on block(rocket, wallbounce, like negative one thousand when the rocket whiffs on most of the cast)

So Clothesline L gets no combo other than super, M is guaranteed throw for your opponent when blocked, H is unusable except on big bodies, where it's suddenly the best version.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72259931]Clothesline Rocket L: 26 frame start up, 0 on block(no rocket, soft knockdown)
Clothesline Rocket M: 18 fame start up, -2 on block (no rocket, wallbounce)
Clothesline Rocket H: 22 frame start up, +6 on block(rocket, wallbounce, like negative one thousand when the rocket whiffs on most of the cast)[/QUOTE]
Ok so now why wouldn't people always use the Clothesline M version for confirms? Faster start up, -2 so it won't really be punishable outside of maybe throw and causes wall bounce.

Ah I see the explanation now. L version becomes the safe block string, M version becomes the hit confirm and H version for situational big bodies.

Ok so now why wouldn't people always use the Clothesline M version for confirms? Faster start up, -2 so it won't really be punishable outside of maybe throw and causes wall bounce.

Because clothesline buries itself into your opponent and is a guaranteed throw for 100% of the cast.

So your opponent blocks 2H, cancel into Clothesline L. It's actually a 4-frame frame trap.

Top Bottom