• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

So you have to remove the overhead property, remove the OTG property, nerf the hit box of the move, make it soft knockdown without the bounce, nerf Skrull's health by 100K.... to even come close to making this assist fair right now. And I thought Energy Javelin was an out there idea....

Also, don't treat me like just because my Dormammu list is 10, and my Nova list is 3 or whatever, that I think Dormammu needs 10 buffs and Nova needs 3 nerfs. I try to think of 10 for every character. I just didn't have time to sit down and think about Nova and Iron Fist, while I think about Skrull and Dormammu a lot.

Fixed

Vice

I suggested him not being able to go backward off of it.

Not being able to make the super safe would limit its usablity. Destroying its follow-up potential would allow Nova to have a safe and useful super while limiting the derpiness of the move. A safe super is fine for Marvel 3.

Nerfing the bounce on Energy Javelin makes it more fair as an assist. It has a good amount of startup and its tracking can be pretty poor, for example jumping while its descending can make it whiff.

Nova's speed tackle is also amazing for getting through bullet hell. For that alone it should stay like it is.
I just don't like how safe it is if it ends up with nothing. It's like a safe Bionic Arm for keepaway characters. Nearly every full-screen punish move in the game is punishable except for Human Rocket. If you watch the Nemo sets, you can watch Nemo abuse this to hell and back. Completely random Human Rocket moves all over the place just hoping that Dormammu, Doom, and Magneto push a button.

Not being able to make the super safe would limit its usablity. Destroying its follow-up potential would allow Nova to have a safe and useful super while limiting the derpiness of the move. A safe super is fine for Marvel 3.

Nerfing the bounce on Energy Javelin makes it more fair as an assist. It has a good amount of startup and its tracking can be pretty poor, for example jumping while its descending can make it whiff.

Well I should've mentioned what I also said earlier. No backward movement but faster startup/invincible startup or whatever. That way you don't have to predict and you can just react.

Vice

I just don't like how safe it is if it ends up with nothing. It's like a safe Bionic Arm for keepaway characters. Nearly every full-screen punish move in the game is punishable except for Human Rocket. If you watch the Nemo sets, you can watch Nemo abuse this to hell and back. Completely random Human Rocket moves all over the place just hoping that Dormammu, Doom, and Magneto push a button.

It also lacks the startup invulnerability that moves like bionic arm do as well. It's more used for reads than reactions. It's like a punishable teleport mixup that requires one bar when used the way Nemo does.

Then reduce the blockstun on it so it's not that safe if he tries to retreat full-screen.

Dahbomb

*j.M hit float properties returned to Vanilla status (no knockback)

Fair change.

*1D0C, 2D0C, and 3D0C are all +10 on block.
Why the hell do all of these have the same frame advantage? I am looking at my frame data and the first two have +1 on block? What's wrong with this? I don't understand that you are rewarded with having a near full screen explosion that you get damage off of from getting 3D.... but you want advantage on the block too? Why do you need this move to be plus on block when it's meant to be used at long range?

*0D3C now slows characters by 25% and is unblockable
Just make it unblockable no need to add the slow.

*Ground and air throw range extended slightly.
Why? Does he struggle to get air throws? This could be applied to numerous characters too. Iron Man has a shit air throw range but I never asked for one.

*s.S -4 on block.
*c.M returned to Vanilla hitstun status.
This makes Dormammu's launcher better than Wesker's launcher by miles.. and we nerfed Wesker's launcher. No need for this. There should be some risk reward to the move and you are now also asking for improved cr.M. At best you can only have one of these and I would take cr.M over a safer launcher.

*0D1C and 0D2C now hit OTG.
Fair change.

*s.H frontal hitbox made slightly larger (c.L, s.H always hits).
Best change.

*Minimum damage scaling for normals reduced to 15%.
Nope. The problem on the character isn't that his combos do a ton of damage at max scaling, it's that they do a ton of easy front loaded damage. You need to reduce the base damage of his normals by 10% and not change the scaling.

*0D0C startup is 5 frames; hitbox increased slightly.
This is now a reversal status move at 5 frames. It's -3 on block. How is this fair? It's faster than any normal of Dorm and safer than all but two of his normals.

*Dark Dimension is now a level 1; damage reduced to 200,000.
Unnecessary change and this acts like an all around reversal that Dorm can get combo off of with spells. He can buffer this move during Wolverine pressure when he's about to Berserker Slash you. I know this because the computer does it ALL the fucking time making it impossible to right left Dorm on the ground. Bad idea, keep this a LVL3.

On top of this there is no way I am allowing Dorm to enter the patch with a Low hitting Flame Carpet. No reason for him to have unblockable set ups off of it.

I'm formatting my PS3 right now and I'm taking it to sell with Marvel 3 in the morning. Thanks to everybody here who played me the last couple years.

Feels weird to be sad about leaving a thread, but that's how it is. Time to step out.

Any good fighting games come out on PC, or if you wanna play AE there, let me know.

Of course, if a patch comes out and they make a new version for PC, disregard this post lol. My three guides still haven't worn out completely yet.

Dahbomb

The Skrull on point changes are mostly all fair though... about the same as mine. I am still wary about the assist change.

*Says “He loves you!” again during Inferno.
*Meteor Smash assist causes a soft knockdown; no OTG, no overhead, hitbox reduced slightly from point version.
*Orbital Grudge M +1 on block, Orbital Grudge L -2, Orbital Grudge H -1. Fatal Buster can now be used standalone with QCB + S
*Skrull Torch no longer makes Super-Skrull prone until landing; full startup invincibility.
*Stone Smite gains 2 hits of super armor on frames 14-58.
*Stone Dunk gains 2 hits of super armor on frames 16-42.
*Brutal Pile Bunker is now -2 on block.
*Flame Kick gains 2 hits of super armor on frames 12-52
*Elastic Punch has slightly more hit stun (to allow combos with assists)
*Inferno damage slightly reduced

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72872296]I'm formatting my PS3 right now and I'm taking it to sell with Marvel 3 in the morning. Thanks to everybody here who played me the last couple years.

Feels weird to be sad about leaving a thread, but that's how it is. Time to step out.

Any good fighting games come out on PC, or if you wanna play AE there, let me know.

Of course, if a patch comes out and they make a new version for PC, disregard this post lol. My three guides still haven't worn out completely yet.[/QUOTE]

Whoa...

Why the hell do all of these have the same frame advantage? I am looking at my frame data and the first two have +1 on block? What's wrong with this? I don't understand that you are rewarded with having a near full screen explosion that you get damage off of from getting 3D.... but you want advantage on the block too? Why do you need this move to be plus on block when it's meant to be used at long range?
It seems odd to me that you put all this effort to get 3D0C and it's negative on block. I was trying to think of some way to put it more on par with 2D1C and 1D2C, since it has fallen out of favor a bit. I'm not attached to the change.

Just make it unblockable no need to add the slow.
Hahaha, I should have made that more clear. The slow is replacing the current ability. Making the current ability unblockable would just completely wreck some matchups. I did it to a Dr. Doom player and I actually felt bad for what happened to him after that. I'm open to other suggestions, but I feel like it needs to be unblockable since it's just a status effect to make it worthwhile, and the only thing I could think of that wouldn't be ridiculous for an unblockable move like that is a slow.

Why? Does he struggle to get air throws? This could be applied to numerous characters too. Iron Man has a shit air throw range but I never asked for one.
Yeah, Dormammu's air throw range is much smaller than one might think. I constantly whiff air throws with him in situations where it feels like it should connect.

This makes Dormammu's launcher better than Wesker's launcher by miles.. and we nerfed Wesker's launcher. No need for this. There should be some risk reward to the move and you are now also asking for improved cr.M. At best you can only have one of these and I would take cr.M over a safer launcher.
c.M and s.S serve different purposes. c.M is an anti-air, s.S is Dormammu's best poke. Wesker is a rushdown character; he doesn't need safe pokes that scare people away. Two different moves on two different characters. The more reasonable comparison is Dormammu's s.S with Storm's s.S, which is -1 on block, since they have similar functionality (though Storm's s.S is way better in the hitbox arena).

Fair change.
Best change.
Thank you.

Nope. The problem on the character isn't that his combos do a ton of damage at max scaling, it's that they do a ton of easy front loaded damage. You need to reduce the base damage of his normals by 10% and not change the scaling.
I was hesitant to do this because Dormammu gets a good amount of stray hits in the neutral. j.M is a good air poke, but it doesn't lead to anything. I wasn't big on nerfing those little damage bits, but I suppose you are right, and there is no other way. Changed.

This is now a reversal status move at 5 frames. It's -3 on block. How is this fair? It's faster than any normal of Dorm and safer than all but two of his normals.
I just typed it as an idea to make 0D0C useful somehow. Currently it's something you only do as a mistake; I'd love other ideas.

Unnecessary change and this acts like an all around reversal that Dorm can get combo off of with spells. He can buffer this move during Wolverine pressure when he's about to Berserker Slash you. I know this because the computer does it ALL the fucking time making it impossible to right left Dorm on the ground. Bad idea, keep this a LVL3.
Fair enough.

On top of this there is no way I am allowing Dorm to enter the patch with a Low hitting Flame Carpet. No reason for him to have unblockable set ups off of it.
Dormammu doesn't get unblockables off of Flame Carpet, he gets, as they say "difficult-to-blockables". Against accomplished players, my Flame Carpet setups never work. Most people just get mixed up by having to block low on incoming - it's not something they're used to.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72872296]I'm formatting my PS3 right now and I'm taking it to sell with Marvel 3 in the morning. Thanks to everybody here who played me the last couple years.

Of course, if a patch comes out and they make a new version for PC, disregard this post lol. My three guides still haven't worn out completely yet.[/QUOTE]
Why would you leave the thread? Good fights over the last 3 years, GB. And you're a committee member, so you can't leave! :p

Dormammu:
*j.M hit float properties returned to Vanilla status (no knockback).
*3D0C is now +1 on block.
*0D3C now slows characters by 25% and is unblockable; previous effect removed.
*s.S -4 on block.
*Damage on normals reduced by 10% across the board.
*0D0C startup is 10 frames; hitbox increased slightly.

Assists: Purification (Tracking), Dark Matter, Dark Spell (L)

onionfrog

Damn. Its been good playing Marvel with you God's Beard. I'll miss you.
I'd play you in AE sometime, but my PC is a Laptop with shitty integrated graphics, so I don't think I can even run it

Are you going you stick around through the conclusion of all of this theoretical balance patch talk?

Dahbomb

Dormammu doesn't get unblockables off of Flame Carpet, he gets, as they say "difficult-to-blockables". Against accomplished players, my Flame Carpet setups never work. Most people just get mixed up by having to block low on incoming - it's not something they're used to.
They were working fine at EVO when Ranmasama was opening people with it under Lariat assist. I know they are hard to blockables but they are still unneeded on the character. We fixed a few character's in coming game, no way can this fly.

I will get back to you on the 0D0C change. I think 5 frame is too fast for it, it's get out of jail card for Dorm at close range at start. You give him that option and he has very low weaknesses in the game. We already gave him better assists.

On 0D3C... the rooting effect is hella hype. You can't take that away from Dorm, I don't care how stupid it makes the other person looks. I think the best solution is making it OTG capable and put a slow on them... no unblockable.

TWILT

Banned

Aww, sad to see you go. It's always been fun playing against you. :(

*Orbital Grudge M +1 on block, Orbital Grudge L -2, Orbital Grudge H -1. Fatal Buster can now be used standalone with QCB + S
You do not want to do this. Fatal Buster has a HUGE hitbox and wall bounces. This would be like...making Rising Dragon available all the time and mostly safe on block. It should stay as what it is: a frame trap.

*Elastic Punch has slightly more hit stun (to allow combos with assists)
He has a ton of ways to combo with assists; you don't want Elastic Punch to have more hitstun, that's not what it's for. You use it to do something like f.H, and then if your opponent blocked, you get a 50/50 command grab. If your opponent jumped, you go into qcb.H. It's a way to lock off areas of the screen, and giving it more hitstun just makes it easier to pushblock to avoid those setups.

*Inferno damage slightly reduced
I actually wonder if we need to reduce his damage elsewhere as well. Change included.

They were working fine at EVO when Ranmasama was opening people with it under Lariat assist. I know they are hard to blockables but they are still unneeded on the character. We fixed a few character's in coming game, no way can this fly.

I will get back to you on the 0D0C change. I think 5 frame is too fast for it, it's get out of jail card for Dorm at close range at start. You give him that option and he has very low weaknesses in the game. We already gave him better assists.
Alright, Flame Carpet no longer hits low. That makes me really sad, though. :p

My thinking on 0D0C is to make it a get off me that costs meter to use safely on block. So we could change it to like -8 on block, but then Dormammu needs a safe level 1 to cancel into, and he doesn't have that (lol). So I'm not sure what to do with the move.

Dahbomb

I made an error for Super Skrull, the hit stun increase was on Elastic Uppercut (the d/f + H move).

And Fatal Buster is like almost -18 on block! I think it's fine to have that option to make opponents respect it. It's like making a good read which is all this character is about.

Dormammu doesn't need to be able to slow people down, either.
Please make a suggestion for what to do with 0D3C, then. I'm very open to ideas. I just made it the slow because it's canon and it would be fair. Keep in mind that whatever 0D3C does, it has to be of comparable power to 2D1C, 1D2C, and 3D0C. So it has to be on par with a 1-frame reversal that leads to big damage, a screen-filling chip fest, and a full-screen explosion that leads to big damage. That's the challenge to balancing 0D3C.

If I had all the power in the world, I would make 0D3C summon a single tracking meteor from the sky to hit people in the top-right corner, since none of Dormammu's liberations cover that area. But that's a new animation.

I made an error for Super Skrull, the hit stun increase was on Elastic Uppercut (the d/f + H move).

And Fatal Buster is like almost -18 on block! I think it's fine to have that option to make opponents respect it. It's like making a good read which is all this character is about.
Fatal Buster causes a huge amount of pushback on block, making it mostly safe. Only a few characters can punish it. I really think this would be too good, and you know I'm not biased since I want to have Skrull on my main team.

I still don't understand why you would want to increase the hitstun on Skrull's df.H.

Dahbomb

I am telling you:

*OTG capable 3C
*Roots them in
*Slows them 20%

If you want to make it even better, increase the root time. You can raw tag in Magneto and go for high lows until timer runs out.

I still don't understand why you would want to increase the hitstun on Skrull's df.H.
To get combos off of assists! Like you can do check on incoming with d/f+H while calling Vajra. The stun is super low that timing with assists is hard. But whatever it's not a big deal if he doesn't have it. I guess it's better to not affect his grab game.

Also do we want buffs to his Stomp? Or do we keep it troll status?

I am telling you:

*OTG capable 3C
*Roots them in
*Slows them 20%

If you want to make it even better, increase the root time. You can raw tag in Magneto and go for high lows until timer runs out.
All of his Liberation moves have good neutral use; if you make this a combo-only thing, no one will use it. The entire point of the character is to sacrifice neutral advantage at time A to increase your neutral advantage at time B. This is just a combo tool, and if it's combo-only (in practice), people will go for the 1D2C, 2D1C, and 3D0C combo extensions because killing a character >>> a debuff.

Frantic

I think it was one of Apologyman's suggestions. Something like 'if it hits, it can be comboed off with an assist due to more hitstun, but if it's blocked, it leads to mixups.'

Anyways, I'll think of something for 0D3C. But I will say I'd like 0D2C to have more pushback on block so characters are forced to block all three. That way, you can use it to create space on block.

I think it was one of Apologyman's suggestions. Something like 'if it hits, it can be comboed off with an assist due to more hitstun, but if it's blocked, it leads to mixups.'

Anyways, I'll think of something for 0D3C. But I will say I'd like 0D2C to have more pushback on block so characters are forced to block all three. That way, you can use it to create space on block.
Oh right, I forgot about that for 0D2C. Totally needed.

I'll add the Skrull change. I changed the 1D0C, etc. line to just 3D0C being +1 on block so it's in line with the other moves.

Super-Skrull:
*Says “He loves you!” again during Inferno.
*Meteor Smash assist causes a soft knockdown; hitbox reduced slightly from point version; no OTG; no overhead.
*Orbital Grudge now -1 on block.
*Skrull Torch no longer makes Super-Skrull prone until landing; full startup invincibility.
*Stone Smite gains 2 hits of super armor on frames 14-58.
*Stone Dunk gains 2 hits of super armor on frames 16-42.
*Brutal Pile Bunker is now -2 on block.
*Flame Kick gains 2 hits of super armor on frames 12-52.
*Inferno damage reduced slightly.
*df.H hitstun increased (blockstun unchanged).

Assists: Tenderizer L, Orbital Grudge M x Fatal Buster, Meteor Smash (Tracking)

Dormammu:
*0D3C now slows characters by 25% and is unblockable; previous effect removed.
*s.S -4 on block.
*Flame Carpet no longer hits low.

Dahbomb

All of his Liberation moves have good neutral use; if you make this a combo-only thing, no one will use it. The entire point of the character is to sacrifice neutral advantage at time A to increase your neutral advantage at time B. This is just a combo tool, and if it's combo-only (in practice), people will go for the 1D2C, 2D1C, and 3D0C combo extensions because killing a character >>> a debuff.
I mean it should be OTG regardless of if it gets buff in neutral or as a combo move. Like say if you are using Vajra you get a hard knockdown and immediately root them for a high/low mix up.

As far as improving it in the neutral go you can improve it's start up so it's like reversal status. Make it come out guaranteed at 1 frame and improve it's advantage on block (it's hella punishable so it's super risky). The use I come up with is that you are against a Dark Vergil and he is pressuring you, you charge up 3C and if he comes close to you he has to respect this. If you get the hit then he's basically useless for seconds, if not you would still be safe.

This will basically be what you wanted from LVL1 Dark Dimension.

Karst you gotta choose between cr.M and st.S... no way should that launcher be buffed!!!!

Frantic

Here's a
troll
idea for 0D3C. Since the previous two creation spells are spikes, make 0D3C cover the entire ground in spikes that persist for the current 0D3C's 300 frames, but disappear once they connect with a character.

lol

I'm almost done with school, so I need to focus and I won't be able to play online anyway. And after I'm done with school I'm gonna take a year or so to move out of the country and practice drawing and painting before I come back to be a full-time artist wherever they'll take me. Just no room for my favorite game anymore. I need to know I'm ready for the jobs I'm applying to.

Why would you leave the thread? Good fights over the last 3 years, GB. And you're a committee member, so you can't leave! :p
Aww, sad to see you go. It's always been fun playing against you. :(

Damn. Its been good playing Marvel with you God's Beard. I'll miss you.
I'd play you in AE sometime, but my PC is a Laptop with shitty integrated graphics, so I don't think I can even run it

Are you going you stick around through the conclusion of all of this theoretical balance patch talk?
ggs guys, I might pop in and out but for the most part I need my focus elsewhere from now on

Bye GB. I'll still come over sometime soon to pay off that bet.

Don't worry about it, call it your muni money for the times you came over to play. We can still play AE, I might have a controller for PC.

Hahaha, some guy using Zero/Doom/Vergil just ragequit at the KO screen as I beat him. It's even better because I beat him when he was using some other team earlier, and he asked for a player match (which I didn't see until a while after the match). I certainly will not play him NOW.

I mean it should be OTG regardless of if it gets buff in neutral or as a combo move. Like say if you are using Vajra you get a hard knockdown and immediately root them for a high/low mix up.
K.

As far as improving it in the neutral go you can improve it's start up so it's like reversal status. Make it come out guaranteed at 1 frame and improve it's advantage on block (it's hella punishable so it's super risky). The use I come up with is that you are against a Dark Vergil and he is pressuring you, you charge up 3C and if he comes close to you he has to respect this. If you get the hit then he's basically useless for seconds, if not you would still be safe.

This will basically be what you wanted from LVL1 Dark Dimension.
I would rather use 2D1C in this situation still.

Karst you gotta choose between cr.M and st.S... no way should that launcher be buffed!!!!
s.S it is, then. I only did c.M because right now you can't hit confirm from it as an anti-air. You have to go straight into s.S.

Here's a
troll
idea for 0D3C. Since the previous two creation spells are spikes, make 0D3C cover the entire ground in spikes that persist for the current 0D3C's 300 frames, but disappear once they connect with a character.

lol
Added.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72878866]

ggs guys, I might pop in and out but for the most part I need my focus elsewhere from now on[/QUOTE]
You made a commitment here, GB!

Dormammu:
*0D3C now slows characters by 25% and is unblockable; previous effect removed; now OTGs.
*s.S -4 on block.
*Flame Carpet no longer hits low.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Either Energy Javelin or Centurion Rush L would be extremely nice on Nova. I believe he had the latter in early development. Other than that the red health mechanic could indeed be a bit more lenient. I never really want to touch his amped up moves because of the massive penalty. Making the Tackle not cross up is completely okay, but please don't increase the startup as it's already damn slow. Tech time for air throws could be decreased a bit sure. Throw range may be a bit much, but I'd hate a nerf on that as well as the H hitbox decrease :p

Also some of his voice clips could be removed and replaced by the You Like That clip. I feel he's not saying that nearly enough during combos at the moment!

Either Energy Javelin or Centurion Rush L would be extremely nice on Nova. I believe he had the latter in early development. Other than that the red health mechanic could indeed be a bit more lenient. I never really want to touch his amped up moves because of the massive penalty. Making the Tackle not cross up is completely okay, but please don't increase the startup as it's already damn slow. Tech time for air throws could be decreased a bit sure. Throw range may be a bit much, but I'd hate a nerf on that as well as the H hitbox decrease :p

Also some of his voice clips could be removed and replaced by the You Like That clip. I feel he's not saying that nearly enough during combos at the moment!
Maybe inputs with S + ATK make the moves use his red health now? I feel like players should have a choice.

Frantic

Karst, I'm fine with making s.S -4 on block, but at the same time there's the active frames of the move to consider. It's got the most active frames of any launcher, so perhaps shave a couple frames off it? Like, go from 20 frames to 16 or so. I don't think it'd affect the move too negatively to cut a couple frames off the active frames. Then again, I'm not a Dorm player.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe inputs with S + ATK make the moves use his red health now? I feel like players should have a choice.

That would be good too. How would that affect the beam hyper though? Also optional lifeloss or not?

Dahbomb

Read mine and Vice's posts from a few back.

I just recommend that LVL3 moves don't drain past 400K red life. This way if you are sitting on more than 400K you don't feel restricted in your actions because beyond this point the attack is taking up more life than it should to reach max potency.

Karst, I'm fine with making s.S -4 on block, but at the same time there's the active frames of the move to consider. It's got the most active frames of any launcher, so perhaps shave a couple frames off it? Like, go from 20 frames to 16 or so. I don't think it'd affect the move too negatively to cut a couple frames off the active frames. Then again, I'm not a Dorm player.
He just wants more block stun on it, no way is he gonna give up all those active frames lol.

A safe launcher like that is way too good. It's basically Storm tier. Dorm players would just throw it out willy nilly. I don't know know what Karst considers "pokes" but a big launcher with that many active frames is not what I consider a "poke"... a poke are usually fast moves that are safe that you can throw out here and there. Wolverine's st.L is a poke, Vergil's st.L is a poke. At least that's how it was in Tekken, no one used combo starters as "pokes".

:-(

That would be good too. How would that affect the beam hyper though? Also optional lifeloss or not?
I guess they could do S+ATK+ATK. How do people feel about that?

A safe launcher like that is way too good. It's basically Storm tier. Dorm players would just throw it out willy nilly. I don't know know what Karst considers "pokes" but a big launcher with that many active frames is not what I consider a "poke"... a poke are usually fast moves that are safe that you can throw out here and there. Wolverine's st.L is a poke, Vergil's st.L is a poke. At least that's how it was in Tekken, no one used combo starters as "pokes".
At max range, when used properly as a poke, it's not punishable as-is. It's really only punishable by the Wolverine, X-23, etc. players. Anyone who plays me sees me use raw s.S a lot because it's his best normal.

And you said I get to choose between s.S and c.M buffs! :p

Dahbomb

The hyper is not even an issue, people can use alternate hypers in similar situations. For damage they can use power of the Nova hyper and for full screen punish they can use Speeding Tackle. So no need to have a separate input for the hyper.

I say make LVL1 moves usable on S + Att and make the maximum red health loss at 400K for LVL3 moves.

And you said I get to choose between s.S and c.M buffs! :p
That's fine, I made the post before I saw that you had chosen one.

I can't get behind making 3C unblockable. Improve something else on it. Make it faster, make it safer, make it have a bigger vertical hit box or something... Unblockable stuff is just too cheesy for this game. I think rooting is just way more interesting of a mechanic... like who else has this in the game? It's so unique, it would be a shame to lose it.

How about rooted characters get their meter drained? Oh snaps!!!!

The hyper is not even an issue, people can use alternate hypers in similar situations. For damage they can use power of the Nova hyper and for full screen punish they can use Speeding Tackle. So no need to have a separate input for the hyper.
DHCs.

I say make LVL1 moves usable on S + Att and make the maximum red health loss at 400K for LVL3 moves.
K.

That's fine, I made the post before I saw that you had chosen one.
K.

I can't get behind making 3C unblockable. Improve something else on it. Make it faster, make it safer, make it have a bigger vertical hit box or something... Unblockable stuff is just too cheesy for this game.
Veil of Mist is unblockable. I've honestly thought of the only way to make 0D3C viable. I welcome other suggestions that I may not have thought of, though.

Dahbomb

Veil of mist uses up a meter and locks meter gain. You want that stuff also on 3C?

I think what really has to happen is that there needs to be an additional benefit to using the root feature. Like meter loss over time, health drained over time, loss of red health.

I am just throwing out ideas here... We can make this work I know we can!

The changelog for Nova's red health mechanic stuff would look like this:

*LVL1 Gravimetric special moves can be used by inputting QCF + L/M/H + S which will not drain red health. LVL3 Gravimetric moves will not drain more than 400K red health.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
:-(

I guess they could do S+ATK+ATK. How do people feel about that?

Yeah, I figured that would be the implementation then. I asked because it'd be the only hyper to go with that control setup and may be less likely to be done by Capcom, but I would be for it. I'd be happy with just the specials getting a version that doesn't drain health, or drains less health, but beam control would still be nice.

Hope X-23 is up soon as she could use a lot of tweaks to be more viable in the current metagame.

Zissou

I can't get behind buffing Dorm's launcher's recovery. Its active frames are ridiculous- getting hit by a full combo because you tried to whiff punish is stupid.

Top Bottom