• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Nemo and Abegen put out tier lists
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...s-capcom-3-tier-lists-japans-abegen-and-nemo/

Nemo has Vergil, Doom and Zero in top 3. Followed close by Nova, Mag, and Jean Grey. C.Viper is pretty low.

Abegen is similar. Viper is around the same tier as Hulk on his. I guess the Japanese don't see her as much of a threat.
Interesting lists. Nemo forgot Ghost Rider exists, haha.

You have such a way with words, Karst.

If Dormammu used hair gel, this would probably be what he used.

09kvi.jpg
Style to flames, Chaotic Gel!

Okay I'm others are having PSN issues.
PSN down for anybody else right now?
PSN isn't down for me, but it's taking forever to load up my friends list. The games don't seem to be affected though.
I tell everyone a week ahead of time I'm playing on Friday and I'm alone, but Thursday you're all on!?

I don't remember anything outside of the vanilla tournament we had. We should start something up.
I only have 2 rules if this happens:
1) On mainland USA or in Canada.
2) Wired only.

onionfrog

I'd rather do Ranbats than a tournament. Round Robin style.

I'm half-tempted to put this together, but I'd need to know who could commit.

I'm up for this, but I think sunday is the only day that I would have enough time to participate.

Does anyone here have the ability to record it? That would be seriously cool.

Sigmaah

Captain Americas Normals... MY GOD.

Also, RAGE TIME. I'M DONE WITH MADCATZ.

So, I've bought 2 sticks from madcatz and they each broke within less then a year. I finally call madcatz like last week and talk to a guy. I tell him whats broken with my stick and he says its still under warranty so he can help me replace whatever was broken. My joystick broke so I told him what was broken, he goes, I can send you a replacement part and you'll be all set, I'm happy as hell thinking I can finally use my stick! I make sure with the guy plenty of times that he'll be sending me a joystick part, then he proceeds to have me go on their site and fill out some warranty form. I got mail form madcatz today and I see that the package is kinda small. I'm thinking da fuq? I open it up and look inside, THIS DUDE SENT ME A SANWA BUTTON PART. I'M FUCKING DONE AT THIS POINT.

Gonna call them tomorrow and see what can be done...

onionfrog

So, I've bought 2 sticks from madcatz and they each broke within less then a year. I finally call madcatz like last week and talk to a guy. I tell him whats broken with my stick and he says its still under warranty so he can help me replace whatever was broken. My joystick broke so I told him what was broken, he goes, I can send you a replacement part and you'll be all set, I'm happy as hell thinking I can finally use my stick! I make sure with the guy plenty of times that he'll be sending me a joystick part, then he proceeds to have me go on their site and fill out some warranty form. I got mail form madcatz today and I see that the package is kinda small. I'm thinking da fuq? I open it up and look inside, THIS DUDE SENT ME A SANWA BUTTON PART. I'M FUCKING DONE AT THIS POINT.

SMH. Customer support was probably in India and misunderstood what part of the stick was broken.
Have fun calling customer support, thats the stuff of nightmares right there...

Feel free to mail it to me. ^_^

Have you tried PMing Markman?

Me depending on the day they'd be and if it'd be both consoles.
I'd only be doing it for PSN folks. It would be great if XBL folks got together and did one, though.

Apparently someone just now had a mic and was dumbfounded that I beat their Spencer with Hulk. Not my fault he didn't know how to get past Gamma Waves.

Sigmaah

Feel free to mail it to me. ^_^

Have you tried PMing Markman?

I don't think he can do much, I feel like he'd tell me to call madcatz lol.

If they don't need me to ship the sanwa part back, sure why not!

Ummmm, watching a vid from canada cup and Noel and James are commentating, James says Marn is a character loyalist, Noel says let's see if he stays a character loyalist when Zero becomes low tier, then James and Noel proceed to laugh... IS THERE SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL0XvBYHjGU
2:04

Azure J

I damn near threw my controller through my TV with how those last few matches turned out Sigmaah. The last one was especially fucked up to me:

- Confirm a Happy Birthday on Wesker and Strider, the two problems I was deliberately attempting to shut down
- LOL LAG SPIKE WHEN I'M INPUTTING SUPER. But it was cool, it's online, that stuff happens, woosah and all that
- Based Wesker dashes in with the c.L of God and pokes me and the Vajra assist I set up 3 character lengths away and confirms into a full combo into Maximum Wesker - Sphere Flame - XFC - Sphere Flame

I felt my soul rupture. Holy shit, I didn't know Bestker's buttons were so fucking absurd speed wise. Felt like there was a rottweiler going after my character's ankles.

You're too aggro for me sometimes. Granted, this allows me to try some fun stuff like practicing confirms off Million Carats (that thing is like a bug zapper when you start zipping around like that). The first to five wasn't so bad although as I'm terribly over competitive, I'm still sour that I didn't get to at least 4 wins.

Notes:

That Focus Attack stuff I was doing wasn't to try and die early, but my attempt at this technology.

I really need to use more Strider c.L.

My Zero is booty butt cheeks.

With that all said, any new critiques for me?

Dahbomb

I don't think he can do much, I feel like he'd tell me to call madcatz lol.

If they don't need me to ship the sanwa part back, sure why not!

Ummmm, watching a vid from canada cup and Noel and James are commentating, James says Marn is a character loyalist, Noel says let's see if he stays a character loyalist when Zero becomes low tier, then James and Noel proceed to laugh... IS THERE SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW?!?

Negro don't play with my heart.

Saw the whole video there is no implication here.

Sigmaah

I damn near threw my controller through my TV with how those last few matches turned out Sigmaah. The last one was especially fucked up to me:

- Confirm a Happy Birthday on Wesker and Strider, the two problems I was deliberately attempting to shut down
- LOL LAG SPIKE WHEN I'M INPUTTING SUPER. But it was cool, it's online, that stuff happens, woosah and all that
- Based Wesker dashes in with the c.L of God and pokes me and the Vajra assist I set up 3 character lengths away and confirms into a full combo into Maximum Wesker - Sphere Flame - XFC - Sphere Flame

I felt my soul rupture. Holy shit, I didn't know Bestker's buttons were so fucking absurd speed wise. Felt like there was a rottweiler going after my character's ankles.

You're too aggro for me sometimes. Granted, this allows me to try some fun stuff like practicing confirms off Million Carats (that thing is like a bug zapper when you start zipping around like that). The first to five wasn't so bad although as I'm terribly over competitive, I'm still sour that I didn't get to at least 4 wins.

Notes:

That Focus Attack stuff I was doing wasn't to try and die early, but my attempt at this technology.

I really need to use more Strider c.L.

My Zero is booty butt cheeks.

With that all said, any new critiques for me?

you play with a controller? MIND BLOWN.

Other than that, you're nailing a lot more dante combos.

Negro don't play with my heart.

Saw the whole video there is no implication here.

Why would Noel say when Zero becomes low tier? when would that happen? mvc4? lol
He implied something alright!

Azure J

you play with a controller? MIND BLOWN.

Other than that, you're nailing a lot more dante combos.

My "Pad Warrior" tag didn't give it all away? :lol

Awesome, I've been pretty much going in a lot more on nailing confirms off of things considered "stray" online and it seems to be working more for me.

Sigmaah

You're over-speculating from stream monstering. It's not meant to be taken literally.
I SHALL BELIEVE!!! Maybe I am over speculating but hey, I like to talk about the future of this game even though there may not be one. Keeps me playing this game.
Oh well. Goodnight Y'all.

Solune

I SHALL BELIEVE!!! Maybe I am over speculating but hey, I like to talk about the future of this game even though there may not be one. Keeps me playing this game.
Oh well. Goodnight Y'all.
Not holding my breath as I would love an update but, there's plenty of upcoming fighters/games and Marvel 3 is only like 30% tapped maybe.
When you buy costumes, do they show up in arcade mode?

If you mean on CPU then yes.

Good morning Marvel-GAF.

There have been a lot of claims from top players that a patch is coming to nerf Vergil and Zero. However, there's no reason to think there's something to it other than top players believing rumors, just like we do, and thinking they all know something others don't.
Though top players knew Sentinel and Storm would be in ahead of time.

onionfrog

I've been playing around with two teams in training mode this week:
Felicia/Hawkeye/Strider
Thor/Rocket Raccoon/Felicia

They're both pretty fun and I hope I can get some games in with them against some of you PSN people this weekend. My strider is getting slightly better...

Anyone know a good XF3 oroboros loop?
I know in xf3 without oroboros you can do the air gram-> formation b relaunch loop, and I've got that down.

I also want to thank Frantic for the strider tips he posted a few pages back. They have been very helpful.

There have been a lot of claims from top players that a patch is coming to nerf Vergil and Zero. However, there's no reason to think there's something to it other than top players believing rumors, just like we do, and thinking they all know something others don't.
Though top players knew Sentinel and Storm would be in ahead of time.
If love to believe something is coming, but for now I'll just assume the top players are trolling us...

EDIT: Karst, are you ready for XF3 Strider mirrors next time we play. ;)

Tirael

Trying out Nova, and his throws are DISGUSTING. He can convert into a full combo from any throw at any range. So that's why his OS j.H is so godlike.

DISGUSTING.

Dahbomb

Even if Capcom nerfed Zero he would not be low tier. They would have to remake the character to make him drop that much. Noel was obviously joking and James acknowledged his joke with a laugh.

mr. puppy

Banned
Yeah, but not very much. I'm still more comfortable with Magneto/Doom, and my day nothing Strider. I'm so weirded out by vertical assists.

yeah i used to try to do dante anchor with jam session and I'd summon him and he'd throw his pink pillar of bullshit in the sky for like 3 seconds while all the other action was on the other side of the screen.

Top Bottom