• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To add, they introduced and killed Psylocke so fast that even the most hardcore comic nerds didn't realize it was her until the credits.
I found out years later and was like.. what?

And yes First Class is a good film with such an intense ending. IIRC there are canonical problems or inconsistencies but the movie is so damn good I can overlook them all.

JeTmAn81

I've always liked X3. It wasn't as good as the first two movies, but I found it to be an enjoyable action film nonetheless. I liked how the characters' powers seemed to be closer in strength to how they are depicted in the comics. Remember how long it took Storm to "boot up" her wind powers to fly in X1? In X3 she's whirling around like a boss, and Wolverine is slicing off Sentinel heads like it ain't no thang, albeit in the Danger Room. Oh, and Magneto makes a bridge fly.

I found out years later and was like.. what?

And yes First Class is a good film with such an intense ending. IIRC there are canonical problems or inconsistencies but the movie is so damn good I can overlook them all.
The only problem I'm aware of is the meeting between Magneto + Prof X and Wolverine. And that was so hilarious it's worthwhile to break continuity for.

The only scene that really, really bothered me in X-3 is the big battle scene. Tons of mutants with unique powers all have this general "flying leap" thing going on and fight using nothing particularly remarkable and die to normal gunfire. The whole scene is absolutely moronic.

Dahbomb

X3 was 3 arcs combined into one and none of them really hit its note properly. It was just a big fat mess all around. Too many characters, too many subplots and too many major "events" happening at one time to really flesh out anything. The run time was criminally low for the story they were trying to tell.

Solune

Yeah it was Canada Cup. It wasn't really too big for Marvel although the MMs were insane. You can't find the archives because it's 8.95'd... they will be made free after 2 weeks.

If I'm not mistaken, Gootecks is doing the content for CCG so some of it won't even be available?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh, and Happy Halloween Marvel-GAF! :-D If I could dress as Dormammu I would.

Oh cool, you'll play IRL? I want to hear results!
For years I've been trying to be Tony Stark but I don't grow hair in key facial hair areas :(

Also, film your sets!

If I'm not mistaken, Gootecks is doing the content for CCG so some of it won't even be available?
Gootecks wasn't at the Salty Suite though. I don't know what proportion of the stuff at Canada Cup Cross Counter is doing though, I don't think they'll be doing a DVD out of it though.

As it stands, the archives will be for-pay for the next two weeks but they're uploading everything for free to YT anyways.

Grecco

For years I've been trying to be Tony Stark but I don't grow hair in key facial hair areas :(

Also, film your sets!

Gootecks wasn't at the Salty Suite though. I don't know what proportion of the stuff at Canada Cup Cross Counter is doing though, I don't think they'll be doing a DVD out of it though.

As it stands, the archives will be for-pay for the next two weeks but they're uploading everything for free to YT anyways.

yep watched marns matches since im trying to learn his Zero team for now. Kinda weird to put archives behind a pay wall but put em on you tube anyways

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Mm8ds.jpg

Is match making fucked up in this? I just got it today and set my first 2 matches to same skill.. I got matched with 2 people who aren't new at all...it hurt and was pointless.

onionfrog

Is match making fucked up in this? I just got it today and set my first 2 matches to same skill.. I got matched with 2 people who aren't new at all...it hurt and was pointless.
I agree with what Professor Beef said, use quick match. Or better yet add yourself to this spreadsheet and send friend requests to people who are already on the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah4zxqcb0_eodHZraDVlaUVPTGlXYW15VlljNWFwQUE#gid=0

At this point in the games life, there are a lot of low ranking people online who are really good. (And some people who don't play ranked matches at all, like me).
You can also try posting here when you're looking for games and see if anyone is available to play.

Someone named GGoodMorning added me on PSN. Who is that?

It all makes sense. When Hulk performs Gamma Crush, he's just trying to ask the opponent is he can smell what The Rock is cooking.

Matchmaking is based on your ranked match stat. A lot of people who have played this game since release have simply never played on ranked. Or, some are like me and erased their ranking so as to be inconspicuous!

The matchmaking is also a little...wide. If you're a 9th Lord, you can fight someone all the way up to 4th Lord before getting kicked out of your bracket. It is best to play GAF members, since we are willing to pick weak sub-teams we need practice with to make the fight less than a slaughterhouse.

Degen

as GAF World Champion I would just like to thank you guys at Marvelgaf for tuning into my matches

I put all that Team Armor & Ghost Rider play to use via TTT2 Ogre

couldn't have done it without you scrubs

Azure J

I'm probably about to do some serious Dexter's Laboratory style work for the answer to this question, but I have to ask anyway, what is the absolute max possible damage one can get off an Air Burn Kick? I know I should learn staircases already, but this is here and I want to explore it some as my execution isn't there for staircases just yet.

APP, someone on GFAQs said this, and I thought "APP needs to know this if he doesn't already":
Hawkeyes M trick shot's follow up will autocorrect, so you roll away from crossup teleports and then fire back at them. Has saved my tail many times.

Dahbomb

Japanese underrated Viper, Dante and Felicia while overrate Strange, Joe and Nova.

Meta game gonna meta game. They don't have strong Vipers or Felicias there to really make proper assessment whereas they have a top Strange and Joe there who do work.

Tirael

It is best to play GAF members, since we are willing to pick weak sub-teams we need practice with to make the fight less than a slaughterhouse.

You have such a way with words, Karst.

If Dormammu used hair gel, this would probably be what he used.

09kvi.jpg

And this would probably be Wesker's.

KFg4A.jpg

I added everyone who friended me. I tried to friend you Solune but your friends list is full. Marvel GAF is so nice. I'll be on later in a couple of hours if anyone wants to play.

PS. Is anyone PSN menu's being supper laggy for anyone else. My online connection is running fine and games are running smooth but everytime I hit home it laggs like hell and freezes.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'd never do that cause that's dumb.

Well unless it was a guaranteed win for me.

Anyways last time I beat someone in an avatar bet they pussed out before their time was up.

Top Bottom