• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Onemic

How does spiderman play and how high execution is he? Does he have any good assists? Who does he work best with?

I just realized that I've never attempted to play my favourite comic book character in a marvel game before and that must change.

would a dream team of wolverine/spiderman/Magneto or Wolverine/Spiderman/Ironman be possible?? or are my childhood dreams getting the best of me?

smurfx

get some go again
How does spiderman play and how high execution is he? Does he have any good assists? Who does he work best with?

I just realized that I've never attempted to play my favourite comic book character in a marvel game before and that must change.
ask killasasa any spiderman question. he is one of the best spidermans out there.

Azure J

GGs Sigmaah. I had a rough time getting my movement, Seismo game (CURSE YOU P2 SIDE, YOU USED TO BE MY BEST RAPID SEISMO SIDE) and confirms sorted out. I blame post 1AM blues on my end. :p

I was really wondering though what was good with my stuff right around that match where it was my anchor Strider putting you in the blender only to get tagged with a bunch of lightning buster stuff, get knocked down and know I was holding block on wakeup only to get KO'd with the Umelauncher™. I had to step away from the game right there just because I felt the world get pulled out from under me. :lol

Then again... DAT. FUCKING. DANTE. RESET. Oh my God, I lit up like the Nintendo 64 kid when I got that one off and even got the Thunderbolt - j.H - s.S followup. #hype

My brother was playing against you with the Zero May Cry team.

VANILLA IS WEIRD

I REPEAT- VANILLA IS WEIRD

You know, one day I'm going to go and buy Vanilla just to have it. I imagine so much shit must make no sense in that game.

Sigmaah

GGs Sigmaah. I had a rough time getting my movement, Seismo game (CURSE YOU P2 SIDE, YOU USED TO BE MY BEST RAPID SEISMO SIDE) and confirms sorted out. I blame post 1AM blues on my end. :p

I was really wondering though what was good with my stuff right around that match where it was my anchor Strider putting you in the blender only to get tagged with a bunch of lightning buster stuff, get knocked down and know I was holding block on wakeup only to get KO'd with the Umelauncher™. I had to step away from the game right there just because I felt the world get pulled out from under me. :lol

Then again... DAT. FUCKING. DANTE. RESET. Oh my God, I lit up like the Nintendo 64 kid when I got that one off and even got the Thunderbolt - j.H - s.S followup. #hype

My brother was playing against you with the Zero May Cry team.

You know, one day I'm going to go and buy Vanilla just to have it. I imagine so much shit must make no sense in that game.

Good Games :> I was off today too and you're play was really good today, YOU WERE BLOCKING MY ZERO MIXUPS! big ass improvement and you were finishing combos no problem. That dante was crazy, I was literally like, wtf just happened? that was so damn fast. You're brother is good too!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's vanilla. Probably one of the more notable buffs in the transition to Ultimate.

Yeah I looked to see if it was in the OT1 changes list and it wasn't there.

Huuuuuge change.

Ryu couldn't move around at all how the hell did anyone win with him?

I left the vanilla disc in some hopefully when I wake up in the morning I think I'm in a time paradox.

I'm glad to see ComboFiend playing She-Hulk again. I can't wait for him to win a tournament and people to say it's just ComboFiend. He's clearly rusty with her, though...

But Magneto is the best anchor in the game.
The beardy weirdy is back!

What happened anyway? (PM me?)

Does anybody know the notation for a typical Trish bnb?
Easy Trish combo:
s.LMHS, sj.M, d+H, s.LMHS, sj.MM, jump, MHS, jump, qcf.AA

Edit:
I didn't know Persia played Marvel.

"In order to be able to post messages on the NeoGAF forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name"
I don't see the phrase "nickname" in there anywhere!

Morrigan/Amaterasu tech:

Amaterasu air throw in a corner:

Veil of Mist, Astral Vision, call Cold Star, wait half a second, Soul Drain, fly, Soul Drain, un-fly, Soul Drain, wait, s.S, sj.MMHS, Soul Drain, dp.AA

That's right, 8 Soul Drains in one combo, or 2.4 bars of meter stolen from an air throw by Amaterasu. Total damage is 510,100.

The catch?

You can't steal meter while Veil of Mist is up! Fucking Capcom.

Veil of Mist, Astral Vision, qcf.H, fly, qcf.L, unfly, [qcf.L, fly, qcf.L, unfly]x5-6 does 729,300.

Dahbomb

Yeah I looked to see if it was in the OT1 changes list and it wasn't there.

Huuuuuge change.

Ryu couldn't move around at all how the hell did anyone win with him?

I left the vanilla disc in some hopefully when I wake up in the morning I think I'm in a time paradox.
ChrisG won a major tournament with Vanilla Ryu.

He won because he is Chris Genius.

In other news Yipes claims to be theory crafting/putting to test an X23 team.

You can't steal meter while Veil of Mist is up! Fucking Capcom.

shyamalan483rgf.jpg

In other news Yipes claims to be theory crafting/putting to test an X23 team.

Smart man.

I love that none of the top players use the same team, and also seem to not want to. I don't think there's a "tier whore" in the top 10.

You said it, Karst. It's TIER TIME! 6-10 are highly debatable, though.

1. Chris G (Vergil/Morrigan/Doom)
2. Yipes (Dante/Vergil/Magneto, Nova/Spencer/Doctor Strange)
2. Filipino Champ (Magneto/Dormammu/Doom, Magneto/Doom/Phoenix)
4. PR Rog (Wolverine/Doom/Vergil)
5. Justin Wong(Wolverine/Storm/Akuma)
6. Combofiend (Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye, She-Hulk/Spencer/Doctor Strange)
7. Frutsy (MODOK/Captain America/Taskmaster)
8. Fanatiq (Magneto/Storm/Akuma)
9. Noel Brown (Wolverine/Frank West/Wesker)
10. Drew Grimey (C.Viper/Vergil/Strider)

S-Tier
No Flocker in the top 10? Ifrit not worthy of mention? RayRay?

Dahbomb

Pick a top 10. Pick a top 16. I don't think the names are particular. All of the noteworthy players.
Oh you are talking about top players.

Yea not really that many true top tier whores in the top 10. Most of them use at least one character that they enjoy playing or are loyal to.... even PRRog who has stuck with Wolverine and generally use teams they have crafted themselves.

I guess Flocker is the closest to a tier whore but we can't say that for sure until Zero ends up being below high tier.

mr. puppy

Banned

drew grimey is not even close to top 10 in the slightest. his team is top 10 in the game, but he is not. Ray ray, flocker should be in there as well as infrit.

mr. puppy

Banned
also this is the best tier list of seen, posted awhile ago by Flux (ZMC player in NYC thats on big two all the time). The bum inclusion is a joke.
God Tier

Motivated Justin / Justin out to prove something

Top Tier

Justin, House Mode Yipes, Chris G, MM Fanatiq, F Champ, PRNG Rog, Bum

High Tier

Flocker, Yipes, Fanatiq, Ricky, Tokido, Noel, Rayray, Infrit, MarlinPie

Mid Tier
Competent ZMC players, most other known players

Roll Tier
Mindfucked Chris G
Flux

Dahbomb

Extending that top 10 to top 20:

Bee (Spencer/Frank/Dante)
Flocker (Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye)
RayRay (Ryu or Viper/Magneto/Sentinel)
Infrit (Nova/Spencer/Doom or Sentinel)
MarlinPie (Viper/Doom/Ammy)
Zak Bennet (Firebrand/Dorm/Ammy)
X Ray (Magneto/Doom/Ammy)
Tokido (Magneto/Doom/Phoenix)
KBeast (Viper/Magneto/Dante)
Kusuro (Joe/Frank/Rocket Raccoon)

Ricky Ortiz gets mention for being the most potent gate keeper in Marvel. Kbeast I threw on there for the wild card factor. On a good day Kbeast can beat anyone in top 10.

And I agree that Justin "Marvelous" Wong is god tier if he ever gets motivated/hungry again.

mr. puppy

Banned
Extending that top 10 to top 20:

Bee (Spencer/Frank/Dante)
Flocker (Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye)
RayRay (Ryu or Viper/Magneto/Sentinel)
Infrit (Nova/Spencer/Doom or Sentinel)
MarlinPie (Viper/Doom/Ammy)
Zak Bennet (Firebrand/Dorm/Ammy)
X Ray (Magneto/Doom/Ammy)
Tokido (Magneto/Doom/Phoenix)
KBeast (Viper/Magneto/Dante)
Kusuro (Joe/Frank/Rocket Raccoon)

Ricky Ortiz gets mention for being the most potent gate keeper in Marvel. Kbeast I threw on there for the wild card factor. On a good day Kbeast can beat anyone in top 10.

And I agree that Justin "Marvelous" Wong is god tier if he ever gets motivated/hungry again.

kbeast definitely should be there for the shear amount of tech he has developed for Viper. His Viper/Mags/Dante team is absolutely amazing, and hes really the first of a lot of people that will realize that Jam Session is absolutely amazing.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'd say PR Rog is a "tier whore"

Well tier whore in the sense that nearly everytime there's a character people will bitch about he adds that character to his team.

Dahbomb

Well tier whore in the sense that nearly everytime there's a character people will bitch about he adds that character to his team.
He didn't put Phoenix on his team though in Vanilla. He was the one who took Wolverine to the super cheap status in Vanilla same for Dante. Plus he has legitimately given a bunch of characters their due (like Felicia, Jill, RR)) but this is the team that he has finally settled on plus there isn't any other known player who uses his team.

He's still using teams that are his, though. To me, someone like NerdJosh is a tier whore, who picks up whatever team won the last major and runs it like it makes a difference. It's expected that people pick character that are good as new tech is discovered. He has stuck with his main character and tried to make it work.

Fun Ammy XF3 combo:
c.LMH, qcf.L, qcf.L, qcf.L, qcf.L, qcf.L, qcf.L, qcf.L, s.S, qcf.AA

Dahbomb

If PRRog legitimately starts using his Morrigan team then that qualifies as tier whoring. I don't think he will stick to it, people are getting better at flushing out mediocre Morrigan players.

mr. puppy

Banned
If PRRog legitimately starts using his Morrigan team then that qualifies as tier whoring. I don't think he will stick to it, people are getting better at flushing out mediocre Morrigan players.

especially in NYC, they develop a lot quicker against the cheap shit in the game.

Late 2011 everybody uses Dark Wesker, its gone by February
Early 2012 abuse of THCs like Doom/Ammy, gone be EVO
Currently Morrigan is the hot shit, it will be gone by end of year (except ChrisG)

Dahbomb

Someone posted a Firebrand-esque 300% team with the Taskmaster unlockable using Jam Session and Tenderizer.

I am suspect of it because it seems escapable or at least not completely fool proof.

mr. puppy

Banned
Someone posted a Firebrand-esque 300% team with the Taskmaster unlockable using Jam Session and Tenderizer.

I am suspect of it because it seems escapable or at least not completely fool proof.

where? it sounds like bullshit. my main is still fb/dante/task, i seriously doubt the setup

1) Find new Dormammu setup.
2) Test a bunch of assists to see what works best for it.
3) Find out it's Jam Session.

FML.

4) Spend 40 minutes practicing Dante combos anyway.

Dante-players-that-should-be-but-don't-invest-in-him Syndrome at it's finest. :p
But everything about him is so annoying. :-O

Why do pro players drop s.LMH, f.H, BC, dp.M, j.H, qcf.M, j.H, s.H, s.S so often? If I can do it several times in a row in training mode, I feel like anyone should be able to do it.

Frantic

Why do pro players drop s.LMH, f.H, BC, dp.M, j.H, qcf.M, j.H, s.H, s.S so often? If I can do it several times in a row in training mode, I feel like anyone should be able to do it.
It's actually kind of character specific. I forget which characters they are(think Vergil might be one), but some characters get pushed back too far by the j.Hs and s.H that the launcher completely whiffs.

I just go straight for a launcher if I'm going through that route, otherwise I just use Killer Bee.

Finally figured out some team combos using Ammy on point:
[Ammy Combo], Okami Shuffle, DHC early to Stalking Flare, charge 3D0C, Mass Change L, s.S, 3D0C, qcf.L, qcf.AA

[Ammy Combo], Okami Shuffle, DHC early to Astral Vision, Soul Drain, fly-cancel, float forward, s.S, Soul Drain, Shadow Servant

Top Bottom