• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Sayah

Hidden Missiles can be dealt with and has real weaknesses. To use an oddly appropriate analogy, Hidden Missiles is like Sentinel. It has a lot of unique properties that make it difficult to deal with, and you have to learn to play the game differently when Hidden Missiles are being used.

I strongly suggest that you play Player Matches instead of Ranked Matches in this game. You will find much nicer opponents and a greater diversity of teams. The people on Ranked all copy whatever works the best in lag or whatever the top players are using.

Thanks.
I require your help again, though. Definitely picking up Ghost Rider now. You've already shown me that Vajra is a good assist for him.

Well, anyway, I'm doing his combo which is H, H, f,d/f,f+L, H, H, qcb+L. Then I have to find a character that I can do an assist with before I do b+H or qcf+L with Ghost Rider. Magneto's gravitation actually works well and let's me launch the opponent. But the timing is super strict to make it work. So any character assist that serves dual purpose as a good assist for Ghost Rider (like Vajra) and also offers relaunch opportunity when I do the above combo.

Thanks.
I require your help again, though. Definitely picking up Ghost Rider now. You've already shown me that Vajra is a good assist for him.

Well, anyway, I'm doing his combo which is H, H, f,d/f,f+L, H, H, qcb+L. Then I have to find a character that I can do an assist with before I do b+H or qcf+L with Ghost Rider. Magneto's gravitation actually works well and let's me launch the opponent. But the timing is super strict to make it work. So any character assist that serves dual purpose as a good assist for Ghost Rider (like Vajra) and also offers relaunch opportunity when I do the above combo.
FYI, in Capcom-based games, the motion of "f, d/f, f", is just abbreviated as "dp", which stands for Dragon Punch, which is the westernized name for Ryu's Shoryuken move, which has this input. Some people like the numeric input of "623" also.

You could actually replace Vajra with Jam Session, which plays a similar role, and it lets you extend combos as well. Ditto for Hidden Missiles (I know you love this assist already, haha).

For a horizontal assist that lets Ghost Rider extend 100% of the time, I think Unibeam might, but I only tested it briefly. Plasma Beam tends not to hit at certain heights, while Unibeam does. There are probably more assists that let this happen (I wouldn't doubt that Mighty Spark is among them), but I only experimented with projectiles that let Ghost Rider get something off of his instant overhead j.S.

Always glad to help, by the way. Everyone here is.

Sayah

FYI, in Capcom-based games, the motion of "f, d/f, f", is just abbreviated as "dp", which stands for Dragon Punch, which is the westernized name for Ryu's Shoryuken move, which has this input. Some people like the numeric input of "623" also.

You could actually replace Vajra with Jam Session, which plays a similar role, and it lets you extend combos as well. Ditto for Hidden Missiles (I know you love this assist already, haha).

For a horizontal assist that lets Ghost Rider extend 100% of the time, I think Unibeam might, but I only tested it briefly. Plasma Beam tends not to hit at certain heights, while Unibeam does. There are probably more assists that let this happen (I wouldn't doubt that Mighty Spark is among them), but I only experimented with projectiles that let Ghost Rider get something off of his instant overhead j.S.

Always glad to help, by the way. Everyone here is.

Really appreciate all the info. Since I already know Dante somewhat, I will certainly try out Jam Session when I'm playing again. Also will experiment Thor. Mighty Spark seems like a good idea. Iron Man is great but I sucked with him in Vanilla. Not sure how much better I'll do now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't understand that thread.

God's Beard had an alt-account and now he's banned? That's perma-ban territory.. so he's gone forever now? :(

LakeEarth

Is that a "yes" to Rogers internet? I played a 50 match set with someone, and I had no sync or disconnection issues. And I realized that I've been having the sync error a ton, and it's all with Canadian players.
I think you're right about that. I have switched from Bell to Rogers, and I get that sync error way more often. Not so much that I'd complain, but noticably higher. I just assumed it was the other guy.
It's so lame that Nemesis damage scales so hard that he can only get another ~400k off a command grab without meter. So much so that tagging someone after a command grab is clearly the superior option.

I don't understand that thread.

God's Beard had an alt-account and now he's banned? That's perma-ban territory.. so he's gone forever now? :(
This cannot be true!

I think you're right about that. I have switched from Bell to Rogers, and I get that sync error way more often. Not so much that I'd complain, but noticably higher. I just assumed it was the other guy.
I remember when I played World of Warcraft, all of my Rogers raiders DCed constantly. -_-

That's what people are saying in the thread.

It's confusing, why did he get banned?
Do you have a link to a particular post that demonstrates this?

Solune I would like to play you sometime but your friends list if full. I would love to see how I stack up against your team.
Solune is so popular.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So... I'm trying to learn the Marveliest character in the game, Wesker and I'm having a hard time with something so easy.

I'm practicing reps of L,M,H, QCF+L, L (teleport), Gunshot OTG, c.M, etc, etc etc

Sometimes I can do the Gunshot OTG, c.M to connect all day. Like I can do reps of it over and over again in training mode and I'm like "damn this is so easy". Other times, I can't get the c.M to connect. It's crazy. I understand there's some timing involved, but jeesh man.

I know, I know. The scrubbiest combo in the game... and I can't do it. I know it should be a little easier with the glasses off because of the speed boost, sometimes I can't do it there either, sometimes I can.

Basically I just want to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue.... ?

Also, Wesker with the Phoenix Wright dog assist - haha you can teleport behind and get this high/low left/right mixup. Schnenangians! I've yet to try this out in a real match, but it seems to work only too well.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah lol.

During that first week I was taking the leaderboards by storm.

Then it was meh.

I bet I'd be a Cosmic Lord if I played like a month or two longer.

So... I'm trying to learn the Marveliest character in the game, Wesker and I'm having a hard time with something so easy.

I'm practicing reps of L,M,H, QCF+L, L (teleport), Gunshot OTG, c.M, etc, etc etc

Sometimes I can do the Gunshot OTG, c.M to connect all day. Like I can do reps of it over and over again in training mode and I'm like "damn this is so easy". Other times, I can't get the c.M to connect. It's crazy. I understand there's some timing involved, but jeesh man.

I know, I know. The scrubbiest combo in the game... and I can't do it. I know it should be a little easier with the glasses off because of the speed boost, sometimes I can't do it there either, sometimes I can.

Also, Wesker with the Phoenix Wright dog assist - haha you can teleport behind and get this high/low left/right mixup. Schnenangians! I've yet to try this out in a real match, but it seems to work only too well.
It's a bit easier if you use s.M instead of c.M after the OTG gunshot. The trick is to wait until a little after when you think you're supposed to do it.

Frantic

I can do FoF loops at about 50% consistency now. Wooooo.

I don't know why I'm learning them to be honest. I don't really have any plans on playing Dr. Strange, even on a secondary team. They're just fun to do. lol

What's that? Dormammu can let Morrigan combo into Astral Vision followed by Soul Drain in a single combo? :-O Why, goodness me!

I don't know why I'm learning them to be honest. I don't really have any plans on playing Dr. Strange, even on a secondary team. They're just fun to do. lol
Dante players...a mystery to the world.

Sayah

Hey Karst. How is cold star as a general assist? Because it works for both Trish and GR. And how is Ammy at anchor position?

I run this team like 100% of the time. It really works well, although unlike other mixups you have to be real quick, Missile doesn't protect you at all and he doesn't put you in hitstun for very long, but the mix game is definitely there. Wesker OTG assist helps Wright a ton IMO.

As for the combo's just remember that depending on how you start your combo, hit stun deterioration is in effect and not everything work if additional hits or scaling is present. Learn what works off of what. I still have trouble with this too at times.

Hey Karst:

Viper/Morrigan/Dante or Viper/Morrigan/Strider? Which is better? Saw some people talking about it on srk.
IMO, the Strider team. Vajra > Jam Session for both of those characters, and he's likely the better anchor, too.

Hey Karst. How is cold star as a general assist? Because it works for both Trish and GR. And how is Ammy at anchor position?
GGs Sayah. I was going to try another Dormammu combination because I thought our matches were enjoyable and our connection was top notch this time, which makes me very happy. I love good connections. I can tell you've gotten most of your rust off already, because your Trish play especially was very strong.

I think Cold Star is one of the game's best assists. Amaterasu is a very good anchor in this game, but she's ridiculously hard to use in that position. Check out matches with MarlinPie to see what a good Amaterasu anchor is like.

I'm not big on your whole team composition, though. Ghost Rider gets no support with it. Trish + Amaterasu is, IMO, one of Trish's best combinations though.

A trick a lot of Trish players use is jump, air dash up-back, fly, and air dash toward the opponent, call assist, dive kick. Then she's supported on the way down.

no mercy

that was fun karst

i'mma learn this game one day
GGs. I strongly encourage you to change your team, though. Hulk needs some kind of support to do any work. In his current form, he's just a meat shield to ensure Dark Harmonizer calls (maybe that's the point, though?). I picked a good Hulk team against you to show what he can do when he has a good assist, but I'm no Hulk expert, so the play was pretty sloppy. When doing air magic series, drop the L inputs. Except for a few bnbs, the only time you use L in this game is to open people up. It's a bad move to use in combos.

Sayah

GGs Sayah. I was going to try another Dormammu combination because I thought our matches were enjoyable and our connection was top notch this time, which makes me very happy. I love good connections. I can tell you've gotten most of your rust off already, because your Trish play especially was very strong.

I think Cold Star is one of the game's best assists. Amaterasu is a very good anchor in this game, but she's ridiculously hard to use in that position. Check out matches with MarlinPie to see what a good Amaterasu anchor is like.

I'm not big on your whole team composition, though. Ghost Rider gets no support with it. Trish + Amaterasu is, IMO, one of Trish's best combinations though.

A trick a lot of Trish players use is jump, air dash up-back, fly, and air dash toward the opponent, call assist, dive kick. Then she's supported on the way down.

Yeah, was really glad to see the online connection went a whole lot better than the first time. Really really amazed by your play. I'm not exaggerating. The way your were teleporting everywhere and making things connect out of nowhere.......that's skill. You reminded me why I love fighting games so much. You really get to test your mental capacities and capabilities. And you get to experiment and be creative with what you're given. And you keep pushing yourself and keep exerting yourself to do even better than you already are.

Seeing that Dr. Strange makes me want to use him now too. His lvl 1 hyper is quite amazing.

Also, Ghost Rider definitely doesn't fit in that team, haha. Felt like I knew what I was doing with Trish and ammy and then froze when I got ghost rider out. Gonna keep ammy and try to see what else I can do with team formations.

GGs Slasher. After playing Sayah, I must say that our connection was feeling a bit laggy. I dropped a lot of stuff with Dormammu and Magneto, which was very frustrating. I'm curious what you thought of the teams, aside from my Magneto obviously being ass (he's fun to play though).

Thanks for playing Wesker on point. He's exactly the kind of character that I need to test a point Dormammu team against. So scary for Dormammu! And you could even just pelt me with bullets all day and I couldn't do anything because of how slow Dormammu's stuff is. Guh. It's clear that the Tatsu just isn't enough because you keep whapping Akuma, and when Akuma whaps you, I don't get anything off of it because of Capcom's stupid nerfs.

"Get em Missile!" is just as good as I thought it would be for Morrigan. Those unblockables are so good, and the little projectile traveling along is nice to aid her zoning as well. It wasn't doing much for Dormammu though, unfortunately. If only I could use Wright's shield as an assist...

I hate my internet. Seriously.
10 seconds to see Ghost Rider's j.S complete is definitely not good!

Yeah, was really glad to see the online connection went a whole lot better than the first time. Really really amazed by your play. I'm not exaggerating. The way your were teleporting everywhere and making things connect out of nowhere.......that's skill. You reminded me why I love fighting games so much. You really get to test your mental capacities and capabilities. And you get to experiment and be creative with what you're given. And you keep pushing yourself and keep exerting yourself to do even better than you already are.
Thank you! That's why I like Dormammu and Morrigan - every second there's something I should be doing to improve my situation. There's never a dull moment with them input-wise.

Seeing that Dr. Strange makes me want to use him now too. His lvl 1 hyper is quite amazing.
Hmm, Trish/Amaterasu/Dr. Strange. A lot of people consider Dr. Strange and Amaterasu to be BFFs, so you might be able to do something with that. He's an extremely difficult character to play, so brace yourself to be patient, haha. If you love complex combos, check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYD8pdANO2M

Also, Ghost Rider definitely doesn't fit in that team, haha. Felt like I knew what I was doing with Trish and ammy and then froze when I got ghost rider out. Gonna keep ammy and try to see what else I can do with team formations.
I think Ammy works well. Call her while doing your Dive Kick with Trish, so a short superjump (half screen), air dash down, and do j.L into c.L for a good mix-up. Then, sometimes do an even shorter superjump and just go into c.L. It's a good way to open people up. IMO, Trish's blockstring should be c.LMH, Round Trip, Switch Sign H. Gets a lot of chip in and maintains positive frame advantage.

Azure J

Funny you mention this when for about an hour after I did my first recent video I tried out Viper/Dante/Strange in the lab just to see if an EX crumple had enough time/hitstun to set them up for the good doctor.

Dante players...a mystery to the world.

I'm supposed to offer a good rebuttal, but then I remember that I did the above and tried out Zero Lightning Loops just to say "I can do them" and now I'm going to shut up about everything.

Sayah

Thank you! That's why I like Dormammu and Morrigan - every second there's something I should be doing to improve my situation. There's never a dull moment with them input-wise.

Hmm, Trish/Amaterasu/Dr. Strange. A lot of people consider Dr. Strange and Amaterasu to be BFFs, so you might be able to do something with that. He's an extremely difficult character to play, so brace yourself to be patient, haha. If you love complex combos, check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYD8pdANO2M
WOW - don't think I could ever pull that off. lol

I think Ammy works well. Call her while doing your Dive Kick with Trish, so a short superjump (half screen), air dash down, and do j.L into c.L for a good mix-up. Then, sometimes do an even shorter superjump and just go into c.L. It's a good way to open people up. IMO, Trish's blockstring should be c.LMH, Round Trip, Switch Sign H. Gets a lot of chip in and maintains positive frame advantage.

This is all going to be very helpful. I really do need mixups for Trish.

GGs earlier Karsticles. I didn't notice any lag on my end at all. I don't know. Do you usually get lag when playing me. I've never really had any complaints.

Anyway I thought Akuma was doing great for you. Some good zoning and I can't really zone back. You were building the meter pretty fast, so you could throw out some Shinku Hadokeuns as much as you wanted.

As for Wesker on point I pretty much had too. Wright and Hulk don't do so well against Dorm. Plus any pressure on Dorm is a good thing. I felt it was best to X-Factor him as fast as possible because even though XF3 Morrigan Bullet Hell was giving me much trouble I still felt 5 bar any XF Dorm was pure hell.

Highlight for me is when we double X-Factored at the same spit sec and got a quick slowmo activation.

WOW - don't think I could ever pull that off. lol
Maybe one day I will be able to...but no time soon, that's for sure! The easier combo to do with Strange is the jump loop I did against you once:
c.LMH, f.H, s.S, sj.MMH, wait, f.H, j.MMH, f.H, j.MMH, f.H, s.H, f.H, s.S, sj.MMH, f.H, wait, s.S, qcf.M, qcf.AA

This is all going to be very helpful. I really do need mixups for Trish.
Excellent! Also, I think you are a bit too happy with the random Trish hypers. It worked a bit for you, but I caught on and started trying to bait them and teleporting to punish. Personally, I LOVE random hypers, but that's why I run Dark Harmonizer. Pewpewpew!

GGs earlier Karsticles. I didn't notice any lag on my end at all. I don't know. Do you usually get lag when playing me. I've never really had any complaints.
It was pretty normal, but the more people you play, the more standards change. I played someone named Glenn220, and it felt like offline. Sayah was pretty close to that. So, connections that felt good before are feeling just "bearable" now.

Anyway I thought Akuma was doing great for you. Some good zoning and I can't really zone back. You were building the meter pretty fast, so you could throw out some Shinku Hadokeuns as much as you wanted.
As a character, he fits really well. He pewpewpews a lot, and it hurts. I think I'm going a little soft in the pants about him not being able to beam hyper XFC beam hyper in the air, and he spends most of his time in the air. That's like...the dream! I want to do that! Haha. He definitely functions well, though.

The tatsu, though...it's just not doing enough for me. It gets caught too much by better normals from characters like Wesker, and it doesn't affect the field for an extended period of time, which is kind of what I need it to do. I really hate playing Dormammu naked unless it's Dark Harmonizer, and then Dark Harmonizer is building me up for emergency hypers to keep Dormammu safe.

This was even more pronounced when I used Magneto, because while EMD usually kicked Wesker away, Dormammu just had to sit there and try to survive alone until EMD was back up, and that's usually when I got bopped. Since I keep having to call EMD, I don't get to build my bars. Undoubtedly, EMD is not a bad assist, but it might just not be the assist I need for this team. Plus Magneto/Morrigan had like no synergy at all, haha. I usually killed a character with Magneto just because he's Magneto, and fricken awesome.

As for Wesker on point I pretty much had too. Wright and Hulk don't do so well against Dorm. Plus any pressure on Dorm is a good thing. I felt it was best to X-Factor him as fast as possible because even though XF3 Morrigan Bullet Hell was giving me much trouble I still felt 5 bar any XF Dorm was pure hell.
I think X-Factoring to kill Dormammu at the start is generally smart. He's my best character, and once he gets started he tends not to stop. Especially against your team.

Highlight for me is when we double X-Factored at the same spit sec and got a quick slowmo activation.
Highlight for me was the various Morrigan comebacks I made. It really made me feel confident in my play with her. Like...I used XF3 because time is limited, but I felt (no disrespect) like I could have run away chipping you down forever and it would have been fine until I had an input error. I feel like my Morrigan has really matured in the last two weeks. I still need to get better at nailing her combos, but in the neutral I do a lot of different things and make decisions that keep my opponent uncomfortable, which isn't always easy with a character with such limited options.

Next, I'm going to try Amaterasu!

Sayah

Maybe one day I will be able to...but no time soon, that's for sure! The easier combo to do with Strange is the jump loop I did against you once:
c.LMH, f.H, s.S, sj.MMH, wait, f.H, j.MMH, f.H, j.MMH, f.H, s.H, f.H, s.S, sj.MMH, f.H, wait, s.S, qcf.M, qcf.AA
Definitely trying this out in practice. Dr. Strange seems a lot of fun to play too. I should have a teleport character in my team anyway I think. So Dr. Strange might be a good match.

Excellent! Also, I think you are a bit too happy with the random Trish hypers. It worked a bit for you, but I caught on and started trying to bait them and teleporting to punish. Personally, I LOVE random hypers, but that's why I run Dark Harmonizer. Pewpewpew!

You were really good at keeping me away that the hypers were my only resort. :p

Frantic

Funny you mention this when for about an hour after I did my first recent video I tried out Viper/Dante/Strange in the lab just to see if an EX crumple had enough time/hitstun to set them up for the good doctor.
I was grinding them hardcore for a while. Got consistent for a while, then combo fatigue set in and started dropping them like crazy. I also have Nova's H loops more or less down to a science.

I'm supposed to offer a good rebuttal, but then I remember that I did the above and tried out Zero Lightning Loops just to say "I can do them" and now I'm going to shut up about everything.
Lightning Loop is one of those things that's really hard for me. I suck at charging M while TK'ing the lightning. I do have a very ghetto version of LL, which is just straight up TK lightnings until they die or I drop it. The sad part about it is that as long as I hit a second TK lightning, I've already done more damage than Rekkoha. Damage scaling!

When you call Cold Star as an assist, exactly what projectile do you have to worry about hitting her? Non-hypers, I mean.

For example, will Samurai Edge (f.H) hit her while she's chugging away with those bullets? Will a Hadoken? Plasma Beam?

I don't mean to be lazy, but there are a lot of projectiles out there to test, and I thought a helpful Amaterasu player here might help show me the way.

For anyone curious, I'm considering running Dormammu/Amaterasu/Morrigan.

Definitely trying this out in practice. Dr. Strange seems a lot of fun to play too. I should have a teleport character in my team anyway I think. So Dr. Strange might be a good match.
He is fun, but very stressful. Mostly because he has no good neutral game up close, so when someone gets in on him, it's game over. He doesn't have an air dash like Dormammu to mess with people's heads before teleporting, so you just have to play rock solid.

The ranged blockstring I was using against you is:
qcf.H, f.H, qcb.M, qcb.H

Repeat. It's relatively effective at maintaining screen control at long range.

If anyone ever superjumps, teleport.

You were really good at keeping me away that the hypers were my only resort. :p
Ah, is that so? If you can find a recording of Canada cup, Canada is full of Trish players for some reason. Lots of good ones that can teach you good stuff to do.

Edit:
Oh yeah Sayah, the highlight of our matches for me was when you tried to Spirit of Vengeance with Ghost Rider, and I did Spell of Vishanti but he just rode through it, so I XFCed into another Spell of Vishanti and it barely finished him off. Like a juggernaut trying to plow through!

Solune

Hey guys, have one more video because I'm so very easily amused when I have programs to play with stuff like this. Eventually, I'll get all fancy with the presentation.
Good stuff as usual, I'm gonna need your assistance with maximizing Dante damage with my team lol.
Fact: Rocket Raccoon or Taskmaster have the most underrated themes in this game.

Also, me and some friends found some pretty sick DHC synergy:

Jill (Raven Spike): Say Goodbye!
Dormammu: Goodbye.
Wesker: GOODBYE.

These are my types of reasons to play this game :lol
I love DHCing Magneto 3rd into Gravity Squeeze because it's just Magneto laughing alot until he says Gravity Squeeze.
Is that a "yes" to Rogers internet? I played a 50 match set with someone, and I had no sync or disconnection issues. And I realized that I've been having the sync error a ton, and it's all with Canadian players.
As far as I know Rogers only does phone service here in BC, the major companies here are Telus or Shaw which is the majority of Western Canada. I have Telus for what it's worth.
You mean the j.H after rdp.L~L?
Yup that's right. And I made a mistake, I meant when the j.H is too late.
I'd like to make him a scary point character...it's just some matchups...I kept trying to pick Ghost Rider vs. your Chris team since you wanted to try it, but you went to the Akuma team.
I noticed that I picked my Chris team first because I thought you would go with GR first, mind games !
Whenever I make a comeback with Morrigan, I think "holy crap my opponent must be so salty, she's not even a good anchor".
I always lose to Morrigan for some reason... And the only reason I can think of is not going crazy enough since I play too cautiously, or try too anyways.
Akuma sort of fits my playstyle. I like characters with high execution limits (but not high execution barriers, if you follow me), and Akuma is really low execution. I can see myself getting bored of him eventually, which is worrysome. He definitely beamed the hell out of a lot of characters, though, and it felt like he was contributing.
I know how that feels, I'd like to play RR or Ammy but their barriers are a little too high for me, and I don't like playing Tri-dashers because my movement is really terrible.
Iron Fist, with his dash and s.M (I think), basically covers a ground area much larger than it seems, so it's hard to know what area he is threatening. Sometimes you do the double rekka into Rising Fang, too, and that's hard to keep track of. Then he has Fists of Fury, which is invincible and blows through things up close. I fear for when you'll discover how good his anti-air hyper is just by itself as a punishment against tridashers.
Iron Fist is indeed scary on the ground, but he has no air presence at all. It's vital to abuse that, although without proper coverage he can get under you. Thanks for the tips in using Volcanic Roar lol. I think when Iron Fist gets in, just take care in spacing your ground normals because Iron Fist in S class in ground control imo. To make a comparison, Magneto and Dante cover a very large space with their respective air dashes, Iron Fist's normal dash is basically the equivalent of that but on the ground. I get bopped in the same fashion when I use Chris all the time because he's so vulnerable before being able to lay the mine out.
I'm not afraid to teleport unless you back Chris into a corner, which is actually a good thing against Dormammu, because it means you can easily punish Mass Change M. It's hard to find that moment to teleport when Vajra is around, though. Against Chris alone, I can usually handle him via teleports, but Vajra makes it rough.
So it's not really Chris but Chris+Vajra ;).
Our matches convinced me that I need to learn to approach with Dormammu through df/uf air dash sequences. I've put off mastering this technique for too long.
There's ALWAYS room for improvement
Solune I would like to play you sometime but your friends list if full. I would love to see how I stack up against your team.
Oh sorry, I'll let you know when I've made space and send a request your way.
Solune is so popular.
I recall informing you of the same thing =p.
What's that? Dormammu can let Morrigan combo into Astral Vision followed by Soul Drain in a single combo? :-O Why, goodness me!
Isn't that with Stalking Flare , or have you found out a new way with Chaotic Flame?

Sayah

When you call Cold Star as an assist, exactly what projectile do you have to worry about hitting her? Non-hypers, I mean.

For example, will Samurai Edge (f.H) hit her while she's chugging away with those bullets? Will a Hadoken? Plasma Beam?

I don't mean to be lazy, but there are a lot of projectiles out there to test, and I thought a helpful Amaterasu player here might help show me the way.

For anyone curious, I'm considering running Dormammu/Amaterasu/Morrigan.

Ammy is great except for the low health. Of course, I can't speak like an expert on her. lol

He is fun, but very stressful. Mostly because he has no good neutral game up close, so when someone gets in on him, it's game over. He doesn't have an air dash like Dormammu to mess with people's heads before teleporting, so you just have to play rock solid.

The ranged blockstring I was using against you is:
qcf.H, f.H, qcb.M, qcb.H

Repeat. It's relatively effective at maintaining screen control at long range.

If anyone ever superjumps, teleport.
Awesome. I specifically like that eye of amagoto. Didn't know that projectile could be moved around the stage.

Ah, is that so? If you can find a recording of Canada cup, Canada is full of Trish players for some reason. Lots of good ones that can teach you good stuff to do.
I will have to search out matches. Definitely find Trish to be the most fun character for me.
Oh yeah Sayah, the highlight of our matches for me was when you tried to Spirit of Vengeance with Ghost Rider, and I did Spell of Vishanti but he just rode through it, so I XFCed into another Spell of Vishanti and it barely finished him off. Like a juggernaut trying to plow through!

hahaha. I remember that. Stuff like that is hype.

I love DHCing Magneto 3rd into Gravity Squeeze because it's just Magneto laughing alot until he says Gravity Squeeze.
rofl I like DHCing into For the Princess to end matches for the same reason. Arthur is doing his little jig in celebration of the victory.

As far as I know Rogers only does phone service here in BC, the major companies here are Telus or Shaw which is the majority of Western Canada. I have Telus for what it's worth.
Never heard of those companies.

Yup that's right. And I made a mistake, I meant when the j.H is too late.
I thought that's what you said the first time, so no worries.

I noticed that I picked my Chris team first because I thought you would go with GR first, mind games !
:-O Just PM me next time!

I always lose to Morrigan for some reason... And the only reason I can think of is not going crazy enough since I play too cautiously, or try too anyways.
It's difficult to handle her because playing recklessly tends to just result in getting hit by Soul Fists.

I know how that feels, I'd like to play RR or Ammy but their barriers are a little too high for me, and I don't like playing Tri-dashers because my movement is really terrible.
You should pick some up to enhance your play. I'm going to start learning Amaterasu (I think, we'll see how Cold Star works for Dormammu).

Iron Fist is indeed scary on the ground, but he has no air presence at all. It's vital to abuse that, although without proper coverage he can get under you. Thanks for the tips in using Volcanic Roar lol. I think when Iron Fist gets in, just take care in spacing your ground normals because Iron Fist in S class in ground control imo. To make a comparison, Magneto and Dante cover a very large space with their respective air dashes, Iron Fist's normal dash is basically the equivalent of that but on the ground. I get bopped in the same fashion when I use Chris all the time because he's so vulnerable before being able to lay the mine out.
Volcanic Roar has like the same frame data and damage as Chaotic Flame. It's basically its AA version. For Chris as a defense, why not use Flame Thrower + Jam Session together? Also, Iron Fist has to be blocked high, and I'm not good at that. I don't know his animations yet.

So it's not really Chris but Chris+Vajra ;).
Chris has always been a frustrating matchup for Dormammu. The first time I ever felt free was when I faced a good Chris+Haggar. Vajra counters 2/3rds of my team. I will always burn everything in my pocket to kill Strider.

Isn't that with Stalking Flare , or have you found out a new way with Chaotic Flame?
Check it:
Morrigan on point:
s.LMH, f.H + Dark Hole, qcf.H, Astral Vision, qcf.S

Not sure what to do from there, but I can do:
s.S, sj.MMHS, qcf.S, dp.AA

Nice eh?

Ammy is great except for the low health. Of course, I can't speak like an expert on her. lol
She has amazing defenses, though. She can't block while air dashing though, so take care!

Awesome. I specifically like that eye of amagoto. Didn't know that projectile could be moved around the stage.
Impact Palm makes it track the opponent and refreshes its durability.

I will have to search out matches. Definitely find Trish to be the most fun character for me.
It's always good to find "your character".

Azure J

Lightning Loop is one of those things that's really hard for me. I suck at charging M while TK'ing the lightning. I do have a very ghetto version of LL, which is just straight up TK lightnings until they die or I drop it. The sad part about it is that as long as I hit a second TK lightning, I've already done more damage than Rekkoha. Damage scaling!

Zero is so spoiled damage wise. [/scumbag Viper player]

The hardest part about lightning loop for me currently is positioning from Jam Session. Interestingly enough, doing it from Strider (basic double relaunch - Ryuenjin + Vajra - OTG - Buster - Lightning - Sougenmu stuff) is amazingly simple and does more damage.

My next order of business combo-wise is to understand the sorcery that is Viper's Staircase Combo. That this is too instrumental to her confirms.

Good stuff as usual, I'm gonna need your assistance with maximizing Dante damage with my team lol.

Really, if you hit any combo that can do 500 ~ 600K with/without one assist before meter and a wall bounce, I feel like you can do awesome with Dante damage wise. Grapple is there to make everything a ghetto ToD anyways. :p

I'm slowly coming around on that little move. I actually used it a lot more before when I played the Dante/Felicia/Strider team but fell off on using it when I lost the unblockable setup going to Amaterasu and then Viper. Tinkering with it today led to me discovering something fun that's a combination of two or three different people's tech:

Grapple - cr.L xx Devil Trigger - dash under and up grab - Thunderbolt - low j.H - s.S is a legit mixup for shenanigans. Haven't seen more for it yet, but man I want to do something more with that dash under window.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I popped in Vanilla.

Can't play immediately cause I deleted the install so its taking EFFORT to play Vanilla.

I don't know why I'm doing this.

Top Bottom