• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Zissou

Can I get both. Then, I'll test and see which one works for me. lol

Edit: Okay, once I shoot formation B and do the wall cling, the L hit doesn't connect.

The wall cling L timing can be a little finicky. I find it much easier to time on my monitor (since it doesn't have much input lag) relative to my TV. If you're not seeing it at all and just getting the wall cling H, you're doing the L too soon.

Zissou

Can I get both. Then, I'll test and see which one works for me. lol

Edit: Okay, once I shoot formation B and do the wall cling, the L hit doesn't connect.

And what is the xx before the double jump?

xx means cancel. I actually don't know if in this case you're technically canceling the M with the double jump, but double jump up forward immediately after the M.

Sayah

xx means cancel. I actually don't know if in this case you're technically canceling the M with the double jump, but double jump up forward immediately after the M.

Does the extra jump serve a purpose? I mean you can do j.M, j.M, j.H, j. S without doing the double jump and wouldn't it still take the same amount of damage?

The wall cling L timing can be a little finicky. I find it much easier to time on my monitor (since it doesn't have much input lag) relative to my TV. If you're not seeing it at all and just getting the wall cling H, you're doing the L too soon.

Thanks. Gonna practice this more now.

Onemic

w/o formation B already summoned, I do:

s.L, s.M, s.H, d.H, S, j.M xx double jump up fwd, j.H, j.S, summon formation B, shoot formation B, wall cling, wall cling L, wall cling H, H gram (in the air), land, summon formation B, L gram, shoot formation B, vajra H, legion

w/ formation B already summoned:

s.L, s.M, s.H xx L gram, shoot formation B, wall cling, wall cling L, wall cling H, H gram (in the air), land, summon formation B, L gram, shoot formation B, vajra H, legion

how much damage do they do and do they require midscreen/corner at all?

Zissou

how much damage do they do and do they require midscreen/corner at all?

They both don't work if you're too close to the corner, unfortunately. Strider is weird in that he has an easier time comboing mid-screen.

edit: I probably should've also added that when I absolutely, positively cannot afford to drop a combo and want something I know 100% I won't drop, I just do:

s.L, s.M, s.H, cr.H, S, j.M, j.H, qcf.L, jump, j.M, j.H, j.S, legion

Does shitty damage (around 450k iirc, instead of the 550k or so that the starting w/o form B combo I listed above does), but it's damn near undroppable.

Whaaat? Your efforts are admirable but altogether pointless.
Many have taken the path you've chosen. But failure for all of them has been inevitable. Facing me is a road full of humiliation, defeat and misery. This is not the path you want Green Power Ranger. I suggest you reconsider.

nDDIr.gif

Onemic

They both don't work if you're too close to the corner, unfortunately. Strider is weird in that he has an easier time comboing mid-screen.

Do you know how much damage they do roughly? the only reference I have for Strider combos is the Brady games guide.

Zissou

Do you know how much damage they do roughly? the only reference I have for Strider combos is the Brady games guide.

Starting w/o form B combo does 550k or so, and starting with form B you get around 620k if I recall correctly. The starting w/o form B damage might be a little off (it might do more), but I'm not at home to test it right now :(

Kadey, why don't your stream recordings have an option to change the resolution? Stream is always freezing/slowing down on me. Crappy laptop can't handle that high quality.
I think you're person number 10 to ask that, but Kadey cares more about the stream looking good than people being able to watch it.

Ok I tested this out and found this only works in the middle of a Spencer combo after an Up Wire Grapple.

Why?

help I think I found something
Isn't it just damage scaling?

Sayah

I think you're person number 10 to ask that, but Kadey cares more about the stream looking good than people being able to watch it.

Isn't there a way to simultaneously make the quality high but also give viewers the option to change the resolution? So it can be win-win both for people that want the high quality and for people that can only watch it at lower resolutions. Like on this random stream, I can change it anywhere from 240p to 720p.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I tried it with things like Vergil Rapid Slash assist and Wesker's Gun Shot assist and they both scale normally.

edit- ok now I do the same exact combo, one with the Nova assist and the other with Vergil assist, and the Vergil assist is the one that does more damage ahaha

Solune

Sounds like the assist might be hitting at the same time as Spencer's Upgrapple, so the assist might be doing 18k and is tacked onto the 80k.

Onemic

Isn't there a way to simultaneously make the quality high but also give viewers the option to change the resolution? So it can be win-win both for people that want the high quality and for people that can only watch it at lower resolutions. Like on this random stream, I can change it anywhere from 240p to 720p.

You need a minimum amount of followers to get that option available I think.

How good is your internet? I highly doubt it's worse than mine and I can stream Kadeys stuff fine.

How good is your internet? I highly doubt it's worse than mine and I can stream Kadeys stuff fine.
It's a PC quality thing, not an internet one. Kadey's stream is the only one I've ever not been able to watch.

Sayah

Internet is definitely good. PC is not unfortunately.

I have $800 monthly student loan payments. I'll get right on that just so I can watch Kadey's stream.

hahahahahahaha.

Only Twitch partners get quality control options. Kadey has had the opportunity before, but then it'd means ads in the stream.

Ads can be very easily avoided by anyone and everyone through ad block plus on Firefox.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only Twitch partners get quality control options. Kadey has had the opportunity before, but then it'd means ads in the stream.
Even still.. having stream quality options is much more important than if she wanted to not make money off of it or run very infrequent ads that nobody really cares about if they see it once when they open their stream for the first time.

And yeah Kadey's stream is the only one unwatchable for me too. I thought it was a quality thing, but I can run other 720p streams beautifully if need be.

Solune

Oh....

yeah I knew that.

I was just making sure you knew that Solune.

Haha, is that what it was though?! I know it happens sometimes, you never know with all these capture state glitches and SHIT.

Also I know alot of things

except how to get over 50% win rate in Marvel.

Zissou

What ever happened with the capture state damage reset glitch? Did it fall by the wayside because the relevant characters (Deadpool, Spidey, etc.) weren't popular anyway? Because of impracticality? Some other reason?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What ever happened with the capture state damage reset glitch? Did it fall by the wayside because the relevant characters (Deadpool, Spidey, etc.) weren't popular anyway? Because of impracticality? Some other reason?
Last time I saw it in action was with Deadpool at I believe T13 where he laid the smackdown. But it seems to me people don't really care if they can just build and expend meter for a TOD anyways with characters like Doom.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Becoming a partner means,

Signing a contract meaning paperwork and giving your all your personal info to Twitch.

Having to meet certain criteria via ads. So and so amount this and that. No, you can't be partner just for the hell of it.

Having to meet certain criteria viewership. I randomly stream. Not consistently. When I'm not doing lobbies and such, it's just a glorify video capture to me for various games. I don't do enough streaming to justify this.

Ads, ads, ads. I hate ads so much I have a Pro account that will stick with me until I decide to stop watching streams altogether so that I can't see any ads, commercials or anything on the site period regardless of who's stream I watch.

All of that is more of a hassle then it needs to be. For those who can't watch live, you can just let archives load up and you should be able to watch it fine. Kinda like letting a YT video load up. My bitrate is probably higher than any other FGC streamer. 720p 61fps everything on. If you have the right stuff to view it, it's one of the best quality out there if not the best. Streaming it via one PC, not two PCs like most streamers. I could go 1080p if I wanted. And I probably will when the channel page becomes standard.

Zissou

Last time I saw it in action was with Deadpool at I believe T13 where he laid the smackdown. But it seems to me people don't really care if they can just build and expend meter for a TOD anyways with characters like Doom.

I saw the video way back when with deadpool doing insane damage, but was it replicated with other moves that cause capture states? Also along the same lines- did anybody pull it off with capture state-causing assist?

On an unrelated note: I got torn apart online yesterday by a guy using Vergil backed up by Shuma mystic ray assist. I'm used to feeling pretty safe as long as I'm above ground level against Vergil teleport+assist mix-ups since he's usually backed up by stuff like EMD or whatever. With Shuma backing him up, I was at the mercy of 50/50s regardless of my height- it was brutal.

Sayah

Signing a contract meaning paperwork and giving your all your personal info to Twitch.

Having to meet certain criteria via ads. So and so amount this and that. No, you can't be partner just for the hell of it.

Having to meet certain criteria viewership. I randomly stream. Not consistently. When I'm not doing lobbies and such, it's just a glorify video capture to me for various games. I don't do enough streaming to justify this.

Ads, ads, ads. I hate ads so much I have a Pro account that will stick with me until I decide to stop watching streams altogether so that I can't see any ads, commercials or anything on the site period regardless of who's stream I watch.

All of that is more of a hassle then it needs to be. For those who can't watch live, you can just let archives load up and you should be able to watch it fine. Kinda like letting a YT video load up. My bitrate is probably higher than any other FGC streamer. 720p 61fps everything on. If you have the right stuff to view it, it's one of the best quality out there if not the best. Streaming it via one PC, not two PCs like most streamers. I could go 1080p if I wanted. And I probably will when the channel page becomes standard.

Ah, ok, this makes a lot more sense now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Ah I see, that makes more sense.

Shitty situation overall, and it's dumb they still restrict that stuff. They probably just don't have the capacity for it, but still.

Onemic

Just got the DmC demo even though I told myself I wouldn't.....Now I'm getting excited to play it, what have I done to myself?

Im gonna smoke a huge pile of blazgreen and play the fuck outta emo dante. Depending on the results, I may have a huge desire to replace my current team with Dante and Vergil.

Onemic

So sorry if this is old but I ran across this DA page somehow, was trying to look up something RE6 related.

94aMq.png

The dude has other cool sprite work, too, which happens to be related to those older MvC3 sprites that were linked in this OT or OT2, I forget.

Honestly I really wish that for MvC4, SFV , CvS3 they go back to making high rez 2d sprites. I still think MvC2 has a much better art style than MvC3.

But who am I kidding, everyone knows Capcom is just after that paper, and high res 2D sprites take more work than making 3D models. We only have SNK and Arcsys to look up to now in that department.

So sorry if this is old but I ran across this DA page somehow, was trying to look up something RE6 related.

http://i.imgur.com/94aMq.png

The dude has other cool sprite work, too, which happens to be related to those older MvC3 sprites that were linked in this OT or OT2, I forget.

Edit: It's not steamboy33

2D shall never die!

Honestly I really wish that for MvC4, SFV , CvS3 they go back to making high rez 2d sprites. I still think MvC2 has a much better art style than MvC3.

But who am I kidding, everyone knows Capcom is just after that paper, and high res 2D sprites take more work than making 3D models. We only have SNK and Arcsys to look up to now in that department.

After LabZero's work on SG, I honestly don't need another 2D game. Nothing's gonna go as hard as they did. And as much as I like 2D, alternate costumes are too fun

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

MvC2 had an art style and wasn't just copy pasted sprites from 20 games?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Still looked better than MvC3's.
Heavy disagree. MvC2 was an ugly game, while MvC3 probably has one of the most consistent and best art styles all gen. But then again I don't really understand people's rabid preference for 2D over 3D.

Onemic

Heavy disagree. MvC2 was an ugly game, while MvC3 probably has one of the most consistent and best art styles all gen. But then again I don't really understand people's rabid preference for 2D over 3D.

For me it's just that the look and art style is much harder to maintain when being transferred to 3D. For the most part I think SF succeeded in capturing their 2D games expression, but I don't feel the same for marvel.

Zissou

I'm of the same opinion- MvC2 was a great game, but it looked shiiiiiiiity. The copy-pasted sprites from a million different games often didn't gel well with one another and the backgrounds were hideous. I love 2D stuff and I have a huge soft spot for great sprite work (stuff from 3rd strike looks absolutely amazing to me) but 3D has gotten to the point where it can look great too. I think it's amazing how well Nitsuma's team managed to take so many varied characters all look at home (for the most part) in a single game. There's a million little touches that just make you go wow- Deadpool's full raw tag animation for example.

Top Bottom