• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Frantic

That lobby was a lot of fun. I got to see a lot of Dante/Strider tech, the world's best Doctor Doom player and the world's laggiest match all in one night!
Someone in the chat asked how I could play in that lag(was it you?), and my answer is: I wasn't playing in that lag. I was just mashing buttons in hopes I would kill the other guy fast enough to end the suffering. Was also laughing my ass off how much of a slideshow it was. That connection was easily the worst connection I've ever encountered.

Azure J

Someone in the chat asked how I could play in that lag(was it you?), and my answer is: I wasn't playing in that lag. I was just mashing buttons in hopes I would kill the other guy fast enough to end the suffering. Was also laughing my ass off how much of a slideshow it was. That connection was easily the worst connection I've ever encountered.

That was me, and for relevance's sake, SolarKnight, think of when RPM used to play Brawl together with 4 people. THAT'S how bad it got.

Onemic

DmC Demo is fucking released. Front and center DMC fans and report for duty!

Real DMC fans will not support this atrocity
Kappa.png

I get a "problem loading page" from that link.
Try again? :-/ It works for me. I can post a direct link, otherwise.

How is Vergil cool looking while Dante looks dumb?! Vergil is easily the less cool sparda bro.
Dante has hair covering one eye, which is -10000 points. He also uses guns, which is lame. His level 3 is a lame "I dash back and forth and hit you with a sword for a while" move, while Vergil's is fucking badass. Dante says "Keepin' it stylin'" while doing the same goddamn 10 minute gun shooting routine over and over, which is the opposite of style. All of Dante's lines are crap, too.

Doom is the most badass-looking character in the game (T_T)!
He's pretty boss looking, and his moves all have a lot of swag:
1) Shooting lasers out of his fingers.
2) Snapping his fingers and making Hidden Missiles appear.
3) Snapping his fingers and trapping you in an electric cage.
4) Snapping his fingers and making women appear for his pleasure.

Doom is Lord of Latverian Style. They feature him in fashion magazines over there.

Onemic

Am I the only one who hates Doom's look in this game? He looks so much less badass and menacing than his MvC2 version. Not to mention his mask in this looks like ass.

Frantic

Since I'm afraid of going into the DmC thread in gaming side, I'll post it here since Dahbomb is talking about it. Played the DmC demo and it was much better than I was expecting. Have only gone through it once on normal, but the mechanics are solid. Comboing is slightly different than DMC3 and 4, but it didn't take long for me to get used to it and rack up the style points while avoiding attacks at will - no issue with that, and I wasn't even using the dodge button. I went old-school and dodged by jumping... cuz I forgot there was a dodge button, lol. Enemy-step works the same as DMC3 and DMC4, and you can get some serious air-time with it. Unfortunately, for someone who invested heavily into DMC3 and DMC4, the framerate is annoying and detracts from the gameplay. Everything works fine, but it's not as smooth as past experiences. I also don't really like the soft lock-on and would prefer a hard lock-on, but that's just a preference thing.

It seems like a solid action game. Maybe not on par mechanically with DMC3 or DMC4, but it feels like it'll still have a lot of potential in its combat. It's easily way, way, waaaaay better than DMC2.

Dahbomb

Since I'm afraid of going into the DmC thread in gaming side, I'll post it here since Dahbomb is talking about it. Played the DmC demo and it was much better than I was expecting. Have only gone through it once on normal, but the mechanics are solid. Comboing is slightly different than DMC3 and 4, but it didn't take long for me to get used to it and rack up the style points while avoiding attacks at will - no issue with that, and I wasn't even using the dodge button. I went old-school and dodged by jumping... cuz I forgot there was a dodge button, lol. Enemy-step works the same as DMC3 and DMC4, and you can get some serious air-time with it. Unfortunately, for someone who invested heavily into DMC3 and DMC4, the framerate is annoying and detracts from the gameplay. Everything works fine, but it's not as smooth as past experiences. I also don't really like the soft lock-on and would prefer a hard lock-on, but that's just a preference thing.

It seems like a solid action game. Maybe not on par mechanically with DMC3 or DMC4, but it feels like it'll still have a lot of potential in its combat. It's easily way, way, waaaaay better than DMC2.
I feel the same way to be honest judging from the videos and stuff. I am still at work so I can't play it yet.

You tried out Son of Sparda mode yet? Also can you change your controls? And don't worry about posting in the DmC thread, it's actually not that hostile at all. People would welcome impressions from a DMC fan.

Frantic

You tried out Son of Sparda mode yet? Also can you change your controls? And don't worry about posting in the DmC thread, it's actually not that hostile at all. People would welcome impressions from a DMC fan.
Briefly tried SoS mode and there were new enemies(similar types, but had different attacks) so I decided to go through hard difficulty before going through it. And yes, you can change controls.

I'll see about going into the DmC thread when I go through SoS mode and get a better hang of the combat.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm the final boss you have to work up to me.

But really the chain of command is Degen>Beef>Ultimoo>Everybody else on PSN>Me.

I'd rather Sayah play Degen first but w/e

Onemic

Thinking of changing my anchor. Would a Spiderman/Magneto/Strider team work at all? would it be better than Akuma on anchor?

Sayah

A champion does not turn down a match. All your belts will be forfeited.

Everyone's scared of me. That shouldn't be surpris-

Since Sayah has Panda running scared, I'll take on Sayah later tonight and defend Panda's honor. That's what the Green Ranger would do.
Whaaat? Your efforts are admirable but altogether pointless.
Many have taken the path you've chosen. But failure for all of them has been inevitable. Facing me is a road full of humiliation, defeat and misery. This is not the path you want Green Power Ranger. I suggest you reconsider.

Sayah

So Marvel-GAF, would anyone like to watch some of my half asleep, half dumb as hell with no excuse gameplay from last night (Starts at 31:30) and give me some ideas on what I should do differently? I'm watching the early stuff and seeing hundreds of little things I should have done differently but I want to hear about what I should do to be more efficient.

Kadey, why don't your stream recordings have an option to change the resolution? Stream is always freezing/slowing down on me. Crappy laptop can't handle that high quality.

Zissou

w/o formation B already summoned, I do:

s.L, s.M, s.H, d.H, S, j.M xx double jump up fwd, j.H, j.S, summon formation B, shoot formation B, wall cling, wall cling L, wall cling H, H gram (in the air), land, summon formation B, L gram, shoot formation B, vajra H, legion

w/ formation B already summoned:

s.L, s.M, s.H xx L gram, shoot formation B, wall cling, wall cling L, wall cling H, H gram (in the air), land, summon formation B, L gram, shoot formation B, vajra H, legion

Sayah

You want starting w/ form B or without?

Can I get both. Then, I'll test and see which one works for me. lol

Edit: Okay, once I shoot formation B and do the wall cling, the L hit doesn't connect.

And what is the xx before the double jump?

JeTmAn81

So Marvel-GAF, would anyone like to watch some of my half asleep, half dumb as hell with no excuse gameplay from last night (Starts at 31:30) and give me some ideas on what I should do differently? I'm watching the early stuff and seeing hundreds of little things I should have done differently but I want to hear about what I should do to be more efficient.

I think you should go for less complicated combos in online matches. The risk/reward ratio for that stuff gets all messed up in the presence of lag.

Top Bottom