• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

GGs ILL-Virtue. Nice Dr. Strange combos. It was my first day playing Dr. Doom since Vanilla, so that's why my combos were super scrubby with him. My apologies for the vanishing act - my wife came home and needed help with groceries. That was also the best job I've ever done blocking Dante. For some reason Ghost Rider boosts my blocking ability (though not against teleports, clearly).

So sorry if this is old but I ran across this DA page somehow, was trying to look up something RE6 related.

94aMq.png

The dude has other cool sprite work, too, which happens to be related to those older MvC3 sprites that were linked in this OT or OT2, I forget.

Edit: It's not steamboy33
So good looking!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to postpone the match until late night Friday or whatever. It's too late now. I'm watching wake up SRK and stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, why don't Doom players use hidden missiles OTG into Photon Array hitting both sides to end their combos? Is it very unreliable or what?

Marlin did it a few times in tournament.. and then never again.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
From what I played it's looking like DmC wont be DMC2 bad at least.

And from playing that demo, its brought back all my DMC1/3 memories. I wanna play Dante in marvel now, but I know I'll just break down and cry from his execution requirements.

DMC2 bad is our new floor standard now? C'mon, son.

Zissou

Also, why don't Doom players use hidden missiles OTG into Photon Array hitting both sides to end their combos? Is it very unreliable or what?

Marlin did it a few times in tournament.. and then never again.

whaaaa...? I didn't ever think of doing this! I'm guessing it never became widely adopted because Doom does crazy damage as is, and you can only THC cancel hidden missiles, so you end up burning unnecessary bar and depending on your team set-up, your other characters' hypers might not fully connect.

Azure J

Hey Dantes in here, riddle me this. Is the Thunderbolt OTG - j.H - s.S pickup character specific at all? I'm practicing that reset I made and noticing that on certain characters the pickup completely whiffs. Now I'm here trying to adjust to grabbing them lower to the ground so I can get a Volcano pickup instead.

shaowebb

somebody should do one of these wwe 13 streams but with personalities from the fgc.

I'd rather see it done using Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the PS2 since it had better AI. I used to just turn it on in the background as I worked and let matches play out. Hypest match it ever had was The Hulk/Juggernaut vs Megaman/ Protoman. Computer just would not quit with Megaman and Protoman. Proto was dead and just wouldn't give up the three then he had an honest to God comeback spot and tagged in Megaman and he literally did the whole hot tag flurry into double team stuff.

God that game's AI was great at times. Especially compared to Yukes. Few hiccups, but at least they wrestled more than they punched and the wrestling was pretty good. Yukes is circling the toilet right now so I'm hoping the license moves on finally and something better comes along for wrestling game players so I can watch exciting AI exchanges again.

shaowebb

What was the lasr proper firepro game that was released?

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns I think. I could be wrong if there was a handheld, but I never found any other proper sequels. Cool thing was that since it used caricature style models that weren't photoreal it got really good with making create a characters because small flaws didn't glare since it looked old school. It got around all the licenses by just renaming all the wrestlers in the game. You could find the original name list and put their names back if you wanted to. Plus the modes and create a belt/faction were awesome. That and the refs in the game all had different stats like count speed and things they'd stand for. Even had UFC style matches, Exploding barbwire matches and a ton more.

Here's a good tribute vid of it. See how many of the cast you can name.

Also for fun check out the created stuff. MARVEL VS CAPCOM FIRE PRO STYLE!

EDIT: Amurica! + Playlist of fun

Frantic

Hey Dantes in here, riddle me this. Is the Thunderbolt OTG - j.H - s.S pickup character specific at all? I'm practicing that reset I made and noticing that on certain characters the pickup completely whiffs. Now I'm here trying to adjust to grabbing them lower to the ground so I can get a Volcano pickup instead.
It's character specific. On the characters it doesn't work on, trying using j.M instead. It has less pushback.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What'd you do this time?

Well I posted in a thread that looks like a future bloodbath. And since I'm pretty sure bannings like those work like the domino effect, I might be banned for my totally harmless posts.

Oh and I wouldn't have been posting there if you weren't playing Sayah at the time so that's why it's all your fault god damn it.

Well I posted in a thread that looks like a future bloodbath. And since I'm pretty sure bannings like those work like the domino effect, I might be banned for my totally harmless posts.

Oh and I wouldn't have been posting there if you weren't playing Sayah at the time so that's why it's all your fault god damn it.

Not my fault you don't know how to look before you leap, lmao.

Zissou

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
whaaaa...? I didn't ever think of doing this! I'm guessing it never became widely adopted because Doom does crazy damage as is, and you can only THC cancel hidden missiles, so you end up burning unnecessary bar and depending on your team set-up, your other characters' hypers might not fully connect.
It does over 400k as a level 1 IIRC. Regardless, it's damn meter efficient, and can save you a DHC.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
GGs ILL-Virtue. Nice Dr. Strange combos. It was my first day playing Dr. Doom since Vanilla, so that's why my combos were super scrubby with him. My apologies for the vanishing act - my wife came home and needed help with groceries. That was also the best job I've ever done blocking Dante. For some reason Ghost Rider boosts my blocking ability (though not against teleports, clearly).

Yeah ggs man. Never realized how annoying gr could be with strider backing him. yeah my Dante is pretty basic lol. I'm one of those people who plays with 80% of the cast and masters none of them (strange has gotten more time than anyone though). I wanted to see wat u thought of my dormammu. I'm trying to have a permanent team with him and strange.

Yeah ggs man. Never realized how annoying gr could be with strider backing him. yeah my Dante is pretty basic lol. I'm one of those people who plays with 80% of the cast and masters none of them (strange has gotten more time than anyone though). I wanted to see wat u thought of my dormammu. I'm trying to have a permanent team with him and strange.
Your Dormammu is clearly quite good, but it's hard to judge things off of two poor matchups (Doom and Ghost Rider). Dr. Strange is definitely your best character. The big problem with Dormammu/Strange is that you don't want to anchor either, and you need to figure out the proper character to anchor for them. As you know, Shuma-Gorath and Iron Fist aren't the best at the role, even though their assists kicked butt for Dormammu and Strange.

How do you like Eye of Agamotto vs. Bolts of Balthakk for Dormammu? Obviously not based on our matches last night, since Eye of Agamotto won't do much vs Ghost Rider.

Spent the whole day playing the DmC demo.

My impressions on it.
Thanks for that. FYI, you have a typo on this line:
*Difficulty in the demo was entirely TOO EASY. I didn't even bother playing anything below Nephilim/SoS and even those too were very easy.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Your Dormammu is clearly quite good, but it's hard to judge things off of two poor matchups (Doom and Ghost Rider). Dr. Strange is definitely your best character. The big problem with Dormammu/Strange is that you don't want to anchor either, and you need to figure out the proper character to anchor for them. As you know, Shuma-Gorath and Iron Fist aren't the best at the role, even though their assists kicked butt for Dormammu and Strange.

How do you like Eye of Agamotto vs. Bolts of Balthakk for Dormammu? Obviously not based on our matches last night, since Eye of Agamotto won't do much vs Ghost Rider.

Iron fist can sometimes squeak out a win on anchor, but isn't very consistent. Shuma is a decent anchor (his lvl 3 is great and in the corner he can get a guaranteed kill even off of a throw). Problem is IF`s asst works a lot better for DS and Dorm.

Bolts is definitely better for dorm. It gives a easy mixup with f+h and teleport and gets a relaunch in the corner with flame carpet. Eoa is decent for him but mainly only in the corner. Its a great lock down assist.

I need to learn fof loops. Any1 here able to do it consistently and wanna give some tips? Timing seems ridiculously tight. I can't do it at all lol

shaowebb

Iron fist can sometimes squeak out a win on anchor, but isn't very consistent. Shuma is a decent anchor (his lvl 3 is great and in the corner he can get a guaranteed kill even off of a throw). Problem is IF`s asst works a lot better for DS and Dorm.

Bolts is definitely better for dorm. It gives a easy mixup with f+h and teleport and gets a relaunch in the corner with flame carpet. Eoa is decent for him but mainly only in the corner. Its a great lock down assist.

I need to learn fof loops. Any1 here able to do it consistently and wanna give some tips? Timing seems ridiculously tight. I can't do it at all lol

I got no idea how Iron Fist is squeaking out any wins for anyone on anchor. Random M or throw conversion is my only guess due to his damage output. Its worse than Haggar anchor in its own way since at least pipe has range. If he's using these characters though I'd say Dorm/Iron Fist/Strange would be his best since Iron Fist crumple sets up strange pretty well and like we saw with Combofiend Strange with x-factor has some pretty good opportunities he can create. Just don't try to spam with him is my guess. He seemed like he was doing good off superjump runaways and teleports building into bolts teleport mixups though. Better than Iron Fist anchor at least for this team.

Dahbomb

IF can get in faster than Haggar and if he gets a throw its a dead character. His high low is also harder to block in XFLVL3. Plus he can go for cross unders while people are trying to up back away from him.

I feel like Eye of Agamotto lets Dormammu charge Dark Spells all day long without worrying about anything else. EoA also lets him get relaunches from anywhere, while Bolts is only in corners. I basically use Eye of Agamotto as a Vanilla Flame Carpet.

shaowebb

IF can get in faster than Haggar and if he gets a throw its a dead character. His high low is also harder to block in XFLVL3. Plus he can go for cross unders while people are trying to up back away from him.

I know all this already. His problem is getting in for the low or throw without getting tagged by something himself. Its easier to catch a random pipe than to get rushed down on the ground IMO. He's not without hope and his speed is plenty scary, but his ability to start his offense on his own with x-factor or otherwise has got pretty decent problems. I've learned not to believe in him in this situation though. The odds don't generally favor him pulling it off.

EDIT: Fun comeback from Haggar to enjoy.
I tried to find footage of Iron Fist comebacks, but I didn't get any hits.

shaowebb

He also makes comebacks with level 1 Frank West. That's because he's JUSTIN WONG.

Pretty much this. He has ridiculous reflexes off of reads for capitalizing on them. Their not impossible to do just really unlikely with Iron Fist. I've had maybe one done by punishing a hyper with his level 3 and riding the momentum to the end. Generally, though anyone who sees Iron Fist in trouble with only one other character won't find a way to get him out safely and they wont risk a raw tag because its better to lose him than to have him in the back on anchor. Is it worth 2 meters to DHC him out? Not really. Save the meters for your anchor's x-factor and let it rock usually has better odds than forcefully removing Iron Fist in that manner either.

First rule of Iron Fist. Never let yourself end up with just Iron Fist trying to OCV.
Second rule of Iron Fist. Learn to block projectiles.

LakeEarth

Ya, but it should be scaling way more.

I got 98K from that assist after 17 hits into a Spencer combo.

Just did it after 18 hits of a Wesker combo and it does 15K.

How are you combo-ing the assist after an upgrapple? I've just started Nova/Spencer/Doom so I'm very curious.

I'm envisioning after the upgrapple, you dive bomb move, call assist, MH (assist hits). But I'm not sure.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
How are you combo-ing the assist after an upgrapple? I've just started Nova/Spencer/Doom so I'm very curious.

I'm envisioning after the upgrapple, you dive bomb move, call assist, MH (assist hits). But I'm not sure.

After Dive Bomb, MHS Assist TK Up Grapple.

You can call the assist right after or during S.

Top Bottom