• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

shaowebb

When's Dante?

Kappa

Man I don't know if I can top this guy's "Donte" lol.
zzuJK.jpg

I saw that thing and fucking couldn't breath from laughing so hard XD

Zissou

I'm looking forward to Doom, but I'm guessing he'll be doing footdives 90% of the time, so I don't know if he'll be that interesting. Maybe you could make an homage to Max's assist me Doom and script him to have an affinity for yogurt or something. Scrubby jump+gun shot Wesker sounds funny too. I'm assuming you work best when you're personally invested, so you should work on whoever interests you most.

Solune

Probably till I make the whole cast and then I'll do some KoF cast. I'm thinking of doing the robot next.

Your welcome to post this if you want lol. You have my permission.

So far ive made and scripted as close to the source material as I could.
  • Iron Fist (Manly Fist)
  • Morrigan (Morigan)
  • Haggar (Mayor of Earth)
  • Dormammu (Dormington)

Sentinel is high on my to do list, I'd enjoy making a scrubby Wesker that jumps and shoots constantly, and since I've seen Ryu and Ammy on the workshop already they are both low priorities for me. Any requests?

Amazing as always sir. Can't wait to see Wesker.

Request: Vergil or Dante
Scribblenauts Dante or Vergil would still be better than DmC Dante or Vergil

Your welcome to post this if you want lol. You have my permission.

So far ive made and scripted as close to the source material as I could.
  • Iron Fist (Manly Fist)
  • Morrigan (Morigan)
  • Haggar (Mayor of Earth)
  • Dormammu (Dormington)

Sentinel is high on my to do list, I'd enjoy making a scrubby Wesker that jumps and shoots constantly, and since I've seen Ryu and Ammy on the workshop already they are both low priorities for me. Any requests?
I would post it, but everyone is already riding me in the FG thread for being a Mahvel-head. :-/

Ah screw it!

As for requests...well, I like to see characters with interesting mechanics. Is it possible to make a Phoenix that transforms into Dark Phoenix?

Hey everyone, we just launched our new Fight Tracker service for the FGC on EventHubs. This isn't just for UMvC3, it supports all of the major fighting game titles regularly played in tournaments (I think we got them all anyway).

It's for finding and playing against people online and offline in fighters, you can add your skill in various games and such. Scope out our news post here: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...finding-and-networking-fighting-game-players/

Or you can jump straight into it here: http://www.eventhubs.com/tracker/

If you have questions, hit me up here and I'll respond.
This is cool.

catalyst_nc

Neo Member
Hey everyone, we just launched our new Fight Tracker service for the FGC on EventHubs. This isn't just for UMvC3, it supports all of the major fighting game titles regularly played in tournaments (I think we got them all anyway).

It's for finding and playing against people online and offline in fighters, you can add your skill in various games and such. Scope out our news post here: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...finding-and-networking-fighting-game-players/

Onemic

Pretty cool, I noticed that the filter by game section doesn't work yet and if you want to add more games to filter by, you just get a darkened screen. Is it also possible to change the order in which the games you play show up on your tracker profile?

So, when's the lobby starting? Please not too late, you guys always start playing at the worst times for me :/

That's really neat. Although it's annoying how when you register it inmediately redirects you to the register page saying that the name and e-mail are taken already rather than a notification that it worked or something :|

Zissou

Do you need to know anything to play taskmaster aside from shield skills xx sharp sting and chucking arrows? Also, can you combo after his counter hyper by DHCing into install hypers and/or stuff like hyper sodium force?

catalyst_nc

Neo Member
Pretty cool, I noticed that the filter by game section doesn't work yet and if you want to add more games to filter by, you just get a darkened screen. Is it also possible to change the order in which the games you play show up on your tracker profile?

Ahh, it should be working now. We were having some trouble with all of the new users joining it was slowing down the app, but it should be fixed now if you don't mind giving it another whirl.

If you still have more trouble, please let me know.

Onemic

Zissou, do you know the timing for using stinger after clay pidgeon when midscreen? I've noticed it is much stricter doing it midscreen than in the corner and honestly that's giving me a lot more problems than the bold cancel into air trick as at least for that I know where Im messing up. It seems like you can't do it too early or it will whiff, and you can't do it too late or it will whiff as well and I can't get a sense of any visual cues that will help me know the approximate timing for inputting stinger.

Zissou

Zissou, do you know the timing for using stinger after clay pidgeon when midscreen? I've noticed it is much stricter doing it midscreen than in the corner and honestly that's giving me a lot more problems than the bold cancel into air trick as at least for that I know where Im messing up. It seems like you can't do it too early or it will whiff, and you can't do it too late or it will whiff as well and I can't get a sense of any visual cues that will help me know the approximate timing for inputting stinger.

It's just something you have to get used to, for the most part. Honestly, Frantic, AzureJericho, and probably every other person in marvel GAF has a better Dante than me, so maybe they can offer some better advice. Can you post the specific combo you're trying to do?

shaowebb

I would post it, but everyone is already riding me in the FG thread for being a Mahvel-head. :-/

Ah screw it!

As for requests...well, I like to see characters with interesting mechanics. Is it possible to make a Phoenix that transforms into Dark Phoenix?

Possibly. I can set a script that is equivalent to an old if/then statement that will transform her into another object. Problem is you can't have one created object transform into another so instead of going that route if it is possible I may have to attempt to have it set up so that if she takes damage, she explodes and catches fire and then the fire causes her damage (health countdown lol) and then see if I can't just make her change colors or something and produce the adjective "Enormous" on her attacks or something at the same moment she is scripted to explode and go all firey.

Explode may destroy her though and the fire definitely will eventually (no healing sphere lol), but it may be doable with some shenanigans.

Onemic

It's just something you have to get used to, for the most part. Honestly, Frantic, AzureJericho, and probably every other person in marvel GAF has a better Dante than me, so maybe they can offer some better advice. Can you post the specific combo you're trying to do?

it's the Ultimate marvel vs capcom BnB from the SRK froums. The combo is fairly straightforward unless you do it when you're more than half screen away from the corner where you need to bold cancel stinger into air trick to complete the combo and clay pidgeon into stinger is much more difficult. I just practice the clay pidgeon into stinger bold cancelled into air trick now as I can do the rest of the combo easily.

When you're half screen or less from the corner and do it you can pretty much cancel clay pidgeon into stinger as soon as possible, but you can't do it when more than half a screen away as it will just whiff.

EDIT: looks like venting about it made my consistency for clay pidgeon into stringer midscreen to come back. I guess my question still stands though, as since I don't really know the visual cues for it I do it based on feeling and rhythm, but when I get off rhythm(Like I just did when making this post) I find it really hard to get back that consistency since theres no visual cues for me to fall back on.

Do you need to know anything to play taskmaster aside from shield skills xx sharp sting and chucking arrows? Also, can you combo after his counter hyper by DHCing into install hypers and/or stuff like hyper sodium force?
Watch the Moons vs. RayRay FT5 from this last weekend. It'll teach you more about Taskmaster than anyone here could say.

In Vanilla, you couldn't DHC out of his counter hyper. I assume it's the same now.

Possibly. I can set a script that is equivalent to an old if/then statement that will transform her into another object. Problem is you can't have one created object transform into another so instead of going that route if it is possible I may have to attempt to have it set up so that if she takes damage, she explodes and catches fire and then the fire causes her damage (health countdown lol) and then see if I can't just make her change colors or something and produce the adjective "Enormous" on her attacks or something at the same moment she is scripted to explode and go all firey.

Explode may destroy her though and the fire definitely will eventually (no healing sphere lol), but it may be doable with some shenanigans.
Can you do something like attach a "fire suit" to her that shoots feathers out?

Taskmaster is a character who for lack of better word, is a footsie character. He depends on his normals. Low execution yes but you do need to know his normals.

Chip then throw out retarded normal as they approach.

shaowebb

Can you do something like attach a "fire suit" to her that shoots feathers out?

No items can be created with adjectives in the editer. I try to get around it by using behavior states that force them to grab and equip things and then upon equipping said objects adding those adjectives to them. If her basic suit is one I can mimic simply with a stock outfit in the game then YES I can do that, but if its one I need to create props for like a belt and such then it won't work because she'd be dressed wrong.

Good idea though. If I can I'll try going that route with the build to see if I can't pull it off that way. It'd save me on parts and scripts if I could do pull it off and since both (while pretty big) do have limits to how many you can use its worth exploring.

Making her shoot feathers shouldn't be an issue though. You can make your attack "shoot" and set the projectile to any object. Don't know if I can make it red though, but heres hoping.

Looks like I'll be doing another Karsticles request and going for a Phoenix that can go Dark Phoenix. I don't want you guys to feel like I'm blowing the rest of you off though since he also requested Dormington.

I'll try to slip in another dude first though out of who you guys requested. Phoenix will be a rough one to script and I may have to dig deep if I need to use a stock model outfit to pull off going dark. That could take awhile.

So who do I do first?

• Hsien Ko that doesn't suck
  • Doom
  • Sentinel
  • Scrubby Wesker
  • Dante
  • Vergil
  • Doctor Strange
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Taskmaster

I know it's not on your list, but is it possible to creat Rocket in the game or do you think it'd be troublesome/impossible to do him properly with the current creator?

Zissou

it's the Ultimate marvel vs capcom BnB from the SRK froums. The combo is fairly straightforward unless you do it when you're more than half screen away from the corner where you need to bold cancel stinger into air trick to complete the combo and clay pidgeon into stinger is much more difficult. I just practice the clay pidgeon into stinger bold cancelled into air trick now as I can do the rest of the combo easily.

When you're half screen or less from the corner and do it you can pretty much cancel clay pidgeon into stinger as soon as possible, but you can't do it when more than half a screen away as it will just whiff.

I do a different combo than that for my BnB and I can't check in training mode until I get home later today, but I'll mess around with it in the lab and see if there are any good cues for timing it. I'd practice the sequence of: knock down with j.S/hammer, volcano into beehive, back dash, launch, clay pigeon, stinger. If you omit starting with the hard knockdown, the sequence won't necessarily accurately reflect the real spacing/timing during the combo.

Watch the Moons vs. RayRay FT5 from this last weekend. It'll teach you more about Taskmaster than anyone here could say.

In Vanilla, you couldn't DHC out of his counter hyper. I assume it's the same now.

I watched the FT5- really great matches. I guess I need to hunt for more footage of Moons. Sucks that you can't DHC out of the counter- I figured you could since you can DHC out of other lvl1 cinematic hypers, but I might as well try it to be 100% sure.

catalyst_nc

Neo Member
So, when's the lobby starting? Please not too late, you guys always start playing at the worst times for me :/

That's really neat. Although it's annoying how when you register it inmediately redirects you to the register page saying that the name and e-mail are taken already rather than a notification that it worked or something :|

That's odd. I just ran through the signup process and didn't have an issue with it. Are you still having trouble? If you want to PM me your username I can double check your account is OK.

Onemic

I do a different combo than that for my BnB and I can't check in training mode until I get home later today, but I'll mess around with it in the lab and see if there are any good cues for timing it. I'd practice the sequence of: knock down with j.S/hammer, volcano into beehive, back dash, launch, clay pigeon, stinger. If you omit starting with the hard knockdown, the sequence won't necessarily accurately reflect the real spacing/timing during the combo.

I watched the FT5- really great matches. I guess I need to hunt for more footage of Moons. Sucks that you can't DHC out of the counter- I figured you could since you can DHC out of other lvl1 cinematic hypers, but I might as well try it to be 100% sure.

Whoops, I actually practice volcano into beehive, back dash, launch, clay pigeon, stinger. Do I have to start with the hammer? I thought that starting with the volcano into beehive pretty much gets the same result as just doing the full combo

Azure J

If you can't do it based on timing, a visual trick I tend to use (a lot more than I should) is to keep in mind that Stinger after any Clay Pigeon juggle will connect if the character is around normal jump height when you've canceled the shots into Stinger. Just practice launcher - shots - Stinger a bunch of times and you'll be set.

Another thing that should be kept in mind even though it never ever gets brought up weirdly enough, characters actually do have different weights for juggles. This will add some headache to learning how to properly float them. The way I usually do it is to pick three characters in training mode, a "normal" body (usually Chris, Morrigan, Spencer), a "small/unorthodox" body (Rocket Raccoon, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Spider-Man) and a big body (Tron usually since she has very weird juggle properties and also covers the bases for comboing heavy characters) and just practice Clay Pigeon related things. You might want to try something like picking a team of normal bodied punching bags and just practice s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger a bunch.

That's odd. I just ran through the signup process and didn't have an issue with it. Are you still having trouble? If you want to PM me your username I can double check your account is OK.

Oh no, it works fine, it was just visually confusing (which ended up in me actually registering twice >.>).

Zissou

Whoops, I actually practice volcano into beehive, back dash, launch, clay pigeon, stinger. Do I have to start with the hammer? I thought that starting with the volcano into beehive pretty much gets the same result as just doing the full combo

It may not matter, but if you do it with the hard knockdown start, it mostly eliminates the possibility of innaccurately simulating that one chunk of the combo, and it only takes an extra second to start the combo that way, so you might as well, IMHO. The timing might also be character-dependent, so you should start off using a pretty average character for your punching bag (like captain america or something) while you're still getting used to the sequence. I'd also restart training mode (start+select) after each attempt just to as much as possible start with the same starting conditions every time so that you isolate the thing you're trying to figure out as the only variable.

SOMEONE HELP ME MAKE X-23 COMBOS >:-(

I need a combo that builds at least 2 bars, using level 1 x-factor and two assists(Vajra and EMD)

My current combo builds just over 1.5 bars:

LMH xx Mirage Feint H, jMH xx Crescent Scythe L xx Talon Attack L, Crescent Scythe L xx Talon Attack L, HS, jH xx Crescent Scythe H xx Talon Attack L, Neck Slice L XFC HS, jH xx Crescent Scythe H xx Talon Attack L, A2(Vajra), Neck Slice L, Neck Slice L

This is the gameplan that I want:

1. Strider hits a character, TACs to Magneto for an infinite.(builds 5 bars, kills)
  2. Magneto DHCs Shockwave on the incoming character to Dirt Nap(-4 bars)
  3. Shockwave locks for effectively inescapable Dirt Nap corner Setup, combos for the kill(up to 1.05 million health) with x-factor(+2 bars)
  4. Anchor comes in, Vajra + Dirt Nap inescapable setup, combos for the kill with hyper(up to 1 million health)

Onemic

If you can't do it based on timing, a visual trick I tend to use (a lot more than I should) is to keep in mind that Stinger after any Clay Pigeon juggle will connect if the character is around normal jump height when you've canceled the shots into Stinger. Just practice launcher - shots - Stinger a bunch of times and you'll be set.

Another thing that should be kept in mind even though it never ever gets brought up weirdly enough, characters actually do have different weights for juggles. This will add some headache to learning how to properly float them. The way I usually do it is to pick three characters in training mode, a "normal" body (usually Chris, Morrigan, Spencer), a "small/unorthodox" body (Rocket Raccoon, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Spider-Man) and a big body (Tron usually since she has very weird juggle properties and also covers the bases for comboing heavy characters) and just practice Clay Pigeon related things. You might want to try something like picking a team of normal bodied punching bags and just practice s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger a bunch.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Oddly I can get the whole thing plus the bold cancel into air trick pretty consistently right now, but I know in the next hour or so I'm gonna be pulling my hair out because one slip up will make all my subsequent stinger, clay pidgeon, air trick combos whiff.

If I can't get this to work, then I'm forced into an unsure setup with vajra after a hard tag on incoming characters or swapping teams entirely.

Weaker teams with a better setup:

Dante/X-23/Magneto
...Deapool/X-23/Magneto?
...Vergil/X-23Magneto?

I need to test a lot of stuff with AA assists to see what keeps people in blockstun through my Dirt Nap activation recovery.

Sayah

Uhhhhh.....I can actually watch your stream now Kadey.
Fellas......On the stream video, right click --> go to "Quality" --> change to low. It's running for me now, lol.

Top Bottom