• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Azure J

before dante assit? wtf

I had the exact same kind of disbelief. The notation is hilarious too:

[Hold L] c.MHS - j.MM - Sentsuizan H - Sentsuizan H - Release Buster - Raikousen L - [Hold L] - c.HS - j.MMHS - Sentsuizan H - Release Buster - Raikousen L [Hold L] - Call Strider Vajra ~ Ryuenjin H - Sentsuizan H - Release Buster - Raikousen L [Hold L] - etc.

Interestingly enough, attempting to get the data for this in the lab right now has me landing this combo 100% of the time where before, they'd flip out when I wanted to do the Jam Session part right afterwards. Hunter May Stride might be making a comeback into the rotation.

FSLink

Banned
Also I'm watching the Moons vs RayRay Exhibition from Curley Mustache #5...what are the properties of Gravimatric Pulse L and M? I see Moons using it a lot.

A combo that has some interesting implications; Morrigan starting on point:

s.LMH, f.H + Eye of Agamotto, Soul Fist H, Soul Drain, raw tag Dormammu, s.MS, sj.MMHS, call Dark Harmonizer, dp.M, qcf.AA

Zissou

Hawkeye for sure, on point if it's a MorriDoom mirror match. He can take on the combo at least. A 3rd character like Vergil messes you up but you can then equip the other characters that can handle Vergil.

If point hawkeye is really that good at fighting moridoom, it's even more inexcusable that top players who whine about moridoom haven't bothered to learn such a relatively straight-forward and simple character to deal with the match-up.

Dahbomb

If point hawkeye is really that good at fighting moridoom, it's even more inexcusable that top players who whine about moridoom haven't bothered to learn such a relatively straight-forward and simple character to deal with the match-up.
That's because point Hawkeye is rare even among good Hawkeye players. I do agree that there is no reason not to have a pocket Hawkwye.

Dartastic

Been out of the loop for a while. Always used ghetto ass combos for my team. I think I realized that the optimal team for me is gonna be Nova/Doom/Ammy. Thing is, my doom is ass. I also can't hit h fly combos with nova. Any primers or advice on hitting those? Also, what's that notation for those awesome air tac doom combos? GONNA LEVEL UP.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
For Nova H loops trying hitting H as soon as possible after launch. Since you're using using with him you should be looking into Moons' combo with Cold Star assist.

Look into that before starting with the H loops stuff.

Dartastic

For Nova H loops trying hitting H as soon as possible after launch. Since you're using using with him you should be looking into Moons' combo with Cold Star assist.

Look into that before starting with the H loops stuff.
That's what I'm planning to do when I get home. I'm at work now. It's basic bnb, land, call Ammy, centurion rush l, centurion rush m, then centurion rush h, right?

Also, I need to watch curleh mustache 5. Archives up yet?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Beef you really need to stop doing fullscreen Nova j.S and full screen Red Hot Kick it's seriously the most obvious fucking thing.

And it looks stupid.

That's what I'm planning to do when I get home. I'm at work now. It's basic bnb, land, call Ammy, centurion rush l, centurion rush m, then centurion rush h, right?

Yes and yes.

Zissou

Been out of the loop for a while. Always used ghetto ass combos for my team. I think I realized that the optimal team for me is gonna be Nova/Doom/Ammy. Thing is, my doom is ass. I also can't hit h fly combos with nova. Any primers or advice on hitting those? Also, what's that notation for those awesome air tac doom combos? GONNA LEVEL UP.

Archives for Curleh are up at twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

If your doom is ass, you might want to wait to spend time on the tac swag combos since being able to play point doom well will be pretty important to that team's success. The tac combos have a billion variations- almost no players use the exact same ones. I figured out the basic ones I do just messing around in training mode. It's important that before activating flight, you let j.M hit twice so the opponent is in hitstun long enough for you to continue the combo afterwards. After the exhange (up or down), I usually do j.M, j.M, fwd.H, cancel with air dash fwd, j.M, j.M, activate flight and do M&Ms. Off of side exchange in the corner, after the intitial hit Doom does post-TAC, air dash down back, activate flight, and then go straight into M&Ms.

When your flight time runs out, after the last M&M do butter gun, and then as you fall, do j.M j.M light plasma beam. Your opponent needs to be at the correct height for butter gun to allow you to continue to combo afterwards, and you just have to figure out how to adjust the timing on the M&Ms through trial and error so that they're consistently at the right butter gun height.

After this, depending on your height, you'll need one or two more j.Ms and maybe another light plasma beam to work your way back to the ground. On the ground, do light rocks into sphere flame or blender.

FSLink

Banned
Welp, that's enough of that. GGs FSLink, as laggy as some of those were.

I'm banking on Log Trap hitting as I cross up.

Yeah ggs, I had fun doing Team Kusoru mirrors, lol. Don't play many people who can use that team.
Also, Hulk s.H > trying to do lightning loop in lag. :(

Zissou

Degen's first law- the probability of a super armor character defeating a non-super armor character increases exponentially with latency.

Dartastic

Thanks zissou. That was mad helpful. It's not that he is ASS per say, but there is plenty of room for improvement. Online lag is a huge problem because my movement suffers way bad. It's not crisp at all.

In real life he's just mediocre. I've got corner combos. And I can bring people across the screen. Whatever.

Zissou

Thanks zissou. That was mad helpful. It's not that he is ASS per say, but there is plenty of room for improvement. Online lag is a huge problem because my movement suffers way bad. It's not crisp at all.

In real life he's just mediocre. I've got corner combos. And I can bring people across the screen. Whatever.

No problem. Doom offense with ammy assist is great. Go for stuff like fwd.H footdive, and when they block it, air dash fwd or down fwd through their innevitable push block while simultaneously calling cold star. While they're blocking that, you should have enough time to set-up a high/low tri-dash mix-up. Jumping forward with butter gun can also help set up ammy assist calls, but some characters can blow that up (fuck chaotic flame), so be careful.

If you go for a ground throw after an empty tri-dash, always go with front throw- if you go for the back throw and are out of range, you'll be fucked by the accidental hidden missiles (though if you do this by mistake, you can thc-cancel the missiles to cover your ass). For following up the fwd throw reliably, rather than double tri-dashing which has fairly tight timing, do a single ground dash fwd, cancel it into jumping fwd, and then ADDF and you can easily OTG with standing H. This is in general a really fast method of ground movemet, so if you don't use it yet, I highly recommend messing around with it.

shaowebb

Is he...going around and piping ponies?

Well he only pipes for a moment before grabbing them and using hoodlum launcher on them repeatedly until they die. He did ride around on Pinkie Pie like a cowboy for awhile before throwing her to death too. He challenges everyone he sees into wrestling him. His scripting took some doing.

• Coded him to add the adjective "throwable" to anything he touches
  • made it so anytime he is equipped that he would throw an object very fast at target
  • made it so that in order to get him to grapple things he would "STEAL" humans, animals, or robots to sort of insure he'd try to grab sentinel, ammy or others once I made them. Doesn't matter if they are alive and shouldn't be grabbable since as soon as he touches them they become throwable and thus able to be grabbed and "stolen"
  • Being picked up makes everything attack him
  • when haggar loses health he is coded to attack meaning he will try to strike them if he sees them standing thus his piping if they get put down
  • they are now his target and between pipings he is still scripted to pick them up. They are now however his "TARGET" and if he is equipped with ANYTHING and has a target he is scripted to throw said object at the target very fast
  • since he is holding his target instead of throwing them forward like any other object would be thrown it tries to throw them at themself which is impossible. This causes the game to fire them STRAIGHT UP LIKE HOODLUM LAUNCHER!
  • He then proceeds to pipe pipe pipe catch hoodlum launcher pipe hoodlum launcher pipe throw throw throw until death. Just like in UMVC3!

I'm proud as fuck for figuring out how to induce throw loops and Haggar combos in this game. Can't wait to do Dormington now <3
Haggar wrecks every damned thing in this game now. I'm going to add monsters to his "steal" behaviors and see if he'll wrestle Cthulhu to death.

Goddamn. I look forward to Stalking Flare. ;-)

You could create epic stories with this...

@Sayah:
I played against a GFAQs regular who has always said he has the best Trish on the board, and after facing him tonight, I'm inclined to agree. I asked him if he'd be okay with passing his PSN along to you, and he was cool with it.

PSN: DaRealKooky-

Just make sure to say you're the guy Karst mentioned when you friend request him. His Trish is vicious.

shaowebb

@Sayah:
I played against a GFAQs regular who has always said he has the best Trish on the board, and after facing him tonight, I'm inclined to agree. I asked him if he'd be okay with passing his PSN along to you, and he was cool with it.

Just make sure to say you're the guy Karst mentioned when you friend request him. His Trish is vicious.

You have no idea. Check out how my PPV Haggar vs Cthulhu Championship bout just went!

Da Fucking Champ of Earth. Check the health too. Haggar is a showman and did the whole comeback and everything. Once he got throw loops it was over.

Dahbomb

Also I'm watching the Moons vs RayRay Exhibition from Curley Mustache #5...what are the properties of Gravimatric Pulse L and M? I see Moons using it a lot.
They are essentially very short beams but sacrificing health makes them actual fast beam that cause a bounce. Moonz was using it as anti-TAC reset among other stuff.

Dartastic

What the shit. Can you share created objects in scribblenauts?

They are essentially very short beams but sacrificing health makes them actual fast beam that cause a bounce. Moonz was using it as anti-TAC reset among other stuff.

I can't wait to watch this shit. Couldn't watch it when it was live. Gonna sit down when I get home with a burger and beer and watch. Then tomorrow hit the sticks.

Frantic

I finally completed a Lightning Loop, buster charge and all. Did it three times, even. My motivation was to complete it so I could have a hard number in regards to damage after a Million Dollars DHC for the list I'm compiling.

I think I have a problem. D:

After playing Nova, I feel compelled to at least try to pickup Spencer but would sacrifice Doom's Beam or Strider's Vajra assist. I feel so unsafe and exposed with out those assists.

Zissou

I finally completed a Lightning Loop, buster charge and all. Did it three times, even. My motivation was to complete it so I could have a hard number in regards to damage after a Million Dollars DHC for the list I'm compiling.

I think I have a problem. D:

Are you actually going to make a zero team? or do you just want to create a complete database of possible DHC post-million dollars combo extensions with their damage values?

Vice

After playing Nova, I feel compelled to at least try to pickup Spencer but would sacrifice Doom's Beam or Strider's Vajra assist. I feel so unsafe and exposed with out those assists.

Why not use Nova/Doom/Strider. It's a good very good team. You can still get ridiculous damage with them.

Frantic

Are you actually going to make a zero team? or do you just want to create a complete database of possible DHC post-million dollars combo extensions with their damage values?
The latter. It'll have 1 bar damage, 2 bar damage, the meter build of any combo afterwards provided the character lives, as well as stuff like character support value, DHC usefulness and that sort of thing. Will probably just be a short guide, but I may make a video of the combos. Depends on how motivated I feel.

Sayah

@Sayah:

You are awesome. I will send him a FR when I get on PSN. Really appreciate this.

Azure J

shaowebb might have sold me a second time on the Scribblenauts franchise. Oh my God.

There totally needs to be a one instance Vajra that comes out of the sky complete with a Looney Tunes style "item whistling through the air until it crashes down in a flash" sound byte. I am also hotly anticipating Dormammu now. (Ha, I made a funny! :lol)

Grecco

What the flying fukc at that Spencer combo holy jesus

also i picked up copy of Mvc on ps3 now i own 2 copies of this game :(

Caj814

Great stuff. How tough are those loops? I want to eventually play Nova/Spencer/Strange (right now it's Nova/Spencer/Doom).

Once you get the rhythm down it's not too hard. What's more difficult is getting the correct spacing and neutral jumping straight up to keep the loops going. If you are too close to the opponent the loop has a higher chance of messing up.

LakeEarth

Once you get the rhythm down it's not too hard. What's more difficult is getting the correct spacing and neutral jumping straight up to keep the loops going. If you are too close to the opponent the loop has a higher chance of messing up.

Thanks, that makes sense.

It's always way harder to replace your anchor than it is to replace your point character. You replace your point character, and you end up losing him quick, it's okay as long as you survive the incoming mixup. And you gave them a bunch of meter. When all you have left is a brand new anchor you aren't comfortable with, it's just like... yeah just put the controller down.

Top Bottom