• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The NeoGAF Tournament (a Professor Beef joint)

Chavelo

I just totally saw this right now. :(

Damn it. Can I get a FT5 against the winner or something? I need to check the OT more often. The title threw me off. :(

Karst beat me 3-2, so so close.

Updated. I also randomized the result of smurfx and 645 since neither of them were able to get a good schedule to play. Smurfx advances.

FSLink and Kenturoxx were also on a deadline which they missed. The winner has also been randomized. Kenturoxx advances.

EDIT: The following matches must be completed by 11:59:59 PM on Sunday:

Sorcerer Supreme vs. ILL Virtue - FT5 due to Winner's Finals (PS3)
FSLink vs. QisTopTier (PS3)

Killa Sasa vs. Kenturoxx needs to happen by next Thursday. Smurfx is sitting in Grand Finals, and 645 is waiting in Loser's Finals.

I just totally saw this right now. :(

Damn it. Can I get a FT5 against the winner or something? I need to check the OT more often. The title threw me off. :(
It's up to the winner! It seems that aside from a few hiccups from both sides (and from me admittedly), the tournament ran pretty smoothly. This actually gives me high hopes for a Marvel version of the GAFbats, so I might do that a little while after the tournament is over, depending on everyone's schedule.

smurfx

get some go again
Updated. I also randomized the result of smurfx and 645 since neither of them were able to get a good schedule to play. Smurfx advances.

ibldHYSlErDgd6.gif

FSLink

Banned
I still don't have internet access for my PS3 and 360 Beef. :(
So you can disqualify me again. I'll have my revenge when I get my internet back! :lol I was doing pretty well too...bad timing for internet to go out. -_-

I still don't have internet access for my PS3 and 360 Beef. :(
So you can disqualify me again. I'll have my revenge when I get my internet back! :lol I was doing pretty well too...bad timing for internet to go out. -_-

You can always cut a promo mentioning that you never rightfully lost! Sucks about the internet situation, though. Hope you get it back soon.

Bracket for PS3 side has been updated. Karsticles vs. QisTopTier is the new match.

Can't find Kenturo's username in the thread so I'll just post in here:

I'm gone this weekend, back Sunday night (but I'll be watching the Super Bowl...commercials). Any night Monday to Thursday should work though.

Can't find Kenturo's username in the thread so I'll just post in here:

I'm gone this weekend, back Sunday night (but I'll be watching the Super Bowl...commercials). Any night Monday to Thursday should work though.

I used everyone's GAF username in the brackets. Search for that name here and you'll get a hit.

sephi22

Anyone think current Arcade sticks will work on the next gen consoles?
It might sway my decision. I just bought a new Eightarc

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
what's your team, Q? i remember you bodying me free as fuck in vanilla sfxt but i thought you like, retired from marvel.

Uh I rotate around characters, but I tend to play felicia and arthur the most.

I never really retire from games, I have access to every fighter right now except sc5 and vf5.

shaowebb

Uh I rotate around characters, but I tend to play felicia and arthur the most.

I never really retire from games, I have access to every fighter right now except sc5 and vf5.

Hope you win this Q. I retired from Marvel for KoF, but I discovered your man Arthur was Iron Fist's best friend before I left. Daggers go through everything and Fist could wave dash inside them wearing the middle one for a skirt. Tasky/Iron Fist/Arthur =finally had some Fist synergy. Dat Rising Fang assist with zoners is godlike.

You made me a believer in Arthur man. Go get em'. Win this and I'll get you another McRib-atar.

for all the time that dude has spent bitching about how the game isn't fun and that he only wants to play the characters he finds fun, you'd think he would've developed a better strategy than "run away and call meter assist while waiting for dark phoenix like its the first month of vanilla."

That was an entertaining set. Thought you had Phoenix round one!

for all the time that dude has spent bitching about how the game isn't fun and that he only wants to play the characters he finds fun, you'd think he would've developed a better strategy than "run away and call meter assist while waiting for dark phoenix like its the first month of vanilla."

When was he ever bitching about the game isn't any fun? I always thought he used a wide variety of characters, even if all his teams had either Morrigan or Dorm. Yea Morrigan assist and Phoenix is such a lame strategy, but it's so effective, so I can't blame him.

Sorcerer Supreme vs. Karsticles (FT5) needs to be finished by the end of this Monday
Killa Sasa vs. Sixfortyfive (FT5) needs to be finished by the end of this Tuesday

All times are PST (west coast). Get them done or coins will be flipped.

Top Bottom