• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The NeoGAF Tournament (a Professor Beef joint)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
FSLink and I have been trying to get it together, but work duties keep blowing us up on alternating days.

I should be available tonight though.

Sorry we weren't able to play, I could only be on for a little while at that time. Please let me know when your next available time is.

i might not be able to play until monday, since my entire weekend is booked. if you cannot wait, and racketpunch cannot wait (since he gets the winner of our match), then i'll concede.

From the MvC3 Facebook page:
"We know there's been a new influx of people asking for new UMvC3 content in the last couple weeks, and we wanted to let you know that we hear you! And while we be lowly Facebook page servbots, we are making sure the people who can make those big decisions KNOW that you want it! Keep up the support, fighters!"

onionfrog

Me over Master Milk 3-0.

Good Games Master Milk.
I think it may have gone differently if dark phoenix had a chance to rise.

SlasherMcGirk over Kevo_Huevo

Great games Kevo. Man you should really stick to the Nova/Taskmaster/Akuma team. It totally felt like I was playing a different person. Your really good with them. It's too bad you didn't use that team during the tourney matches, the outcome might have been different.

SlasherMcGirk over Kevo_Huevo

Great games Kevo. Man you should really stick to the Nova/Taskmaster/Akuma team. It totally felt like I was playing a different person. Your really good with them. It's too bad you didn't use that team during the tourney matches, the outcome might have been different.

thanks man, great games to you too. i appreciate the comments, i think this will be my main team for a while. i think it's a little easier to initiate offense with nova. i probably should have used horizontal arrows against maya shield, but i like the space that task can control with vertical arrows (like a poor man's hidden missiles). my akuma anchor is pretty fradulent, but tatsu is a great assist for the nova bnb and for gtfo situations with taskmaster.

thanks for the casuals, it helped to play someone good with this team. nice little confidence booster for me.

edit: i hope you captured and can upload the second set of matches (after we lost connection) with my nova/task/akuma team. i'd like to analyze the game film (and it makes me look less free lol).

edit: i hope you captured and can upload the second set of matches (after we lost connection) with my nova/task/akuma team. i'd like to analyze the game film (and it makes me look less free lol).

I'm going to upload the tourney matches first, then if you like I'll try to upload some of the other matches. And I think the Taskmaster assist you used was great. It was kinda a ghetto lockdown assist. If I stood to block it, Nova is fast enough to get a quick crouch hit in and with my characters it wasn't easy to punish it. It forced be to sit back or jump block it.

I'm going to upload the tourney matches first, then if you like I'll try to upload some of the other matches. And I think the Taskmaster assist you used was great. It was kinda a ghetto lockdown assist. If I stood to block it, Nova is fast enough to get a quick crouch hit in and with my characters it wasn't easy to punish it. It forced be to sit back or jump block it.

thanks. if it's not too much trouble/work for you, i'd appreciate the last set of matches we did so i can see some better wins/losses with my new team.

JeTmAn81

KillaSasa wins 3-1 with his Cap/Iron Man/Nova team. Ggs, cool stuff with that team. Unibeam is so godlike, lol.

KillaSasa wins 3-1 with his Cap/Iron Man/Nova team. Ggs, cool stuff with that team. Unibeam is so godlike, lol.

Hahaha thanks man, and Unibeam really is ridiculous. Applies directly to forehead.

I think you had the right gameplan with Wesker, just missed some conversion 'cause lol online. All good though -- to be expected in an online tourney :p

I think this guarantees me a top 4 spot? WOO MINIMUM CHAMPION

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I haven't heard from FSLink in a while (since before my last post in this thread, in fact), but in all fairness, both of us seem to have been equally preoccupied as of late. I just sent him another message trying to arrange a match.

If you have to make cuts to advance the bracket, I'm fine with that, as I don't want to hold things up.

I haven't heard from FSLink in a while (since before my last post in this thread, in fact), but in all fairness, both of us seem to have been equally preoccupied as of late. I just sent him another message trying to arrange a match.

If you have to make cuts to advance the bracket, I'm fine with that, as I don't want to hold things up.

If you guys can't get your match done by midnight PST, then I'll flip a coin. I know how busy you guys have been, though.

smurfx

get some go again
Am i going to win by default? Woo hoo! Default: the two sweetest words in the English language! de fault, de fault, de fault.

Did I win yet?

No, but according to the log a few people need to be disqualified. Since it's still the weekend, I'm giving the following people until Sunday 11:59:59 PM (PST) to report their matches or I'm going to be randomizing the winners:

PS3
ILL Virtue vs. Karsticles - Karst is banned, but you can still contact him through PSN or at SRK. No excuses.
Racketpunch vs. SlasherMcGirk - You guys aren't past schedule, but you only have until the end of Monday to report.
Solune vs. Q - Same deal, but you have until the end of Tuesday

Hilariously enough, it's just PS3 side that needs to get in gear. 360 side has until Wednesday to get two matches done, and then it's Grand Finals. smurfx and 645, since you guys are in Winners Finals, it'll be a FT5.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No, but according to the log a few people need to be disqualified. Since it's still the weekend, I'm giving the following people until Sunday 11:59:59 PM (PST) to report their matches or I'm going to be randomizing the winners:

PS3
ILL Virtue vs. Karsticles - Karst is banned, but you can still contact him through PSN or at SRK. No excuses.
Racketpunch vs. SlasherMcGirk - You guys aren't past schedule, but you only have until the end of Monday to report.
Solune vs. Q - Same deal, but you have until the end of Tuesday

Hilariously enough, it's just PS3 side that needs to get in gear. 360 side has until Wednesday to get two matches done, and then it's Grand Finals. smurfx and 645, since you guys are in Winners Finals, it'll be a FT5.

Was waiting for a PM :lol I guess I should PM Solune then.

Ggs slasher. Yea we both dropped a lot of stuff. Haven't played since ni no kuni came out. Sorry I had to head out right after, laker game.

Top Bottom