• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The NeoGAF Tournament (a Professor Beef joint)

9jtsJ.gif
This got me.

I'll definitely record my matches and anyone's else's if I'm available at the moment and they want their's recorded.

Of all people to be up against first, Karst! The guy I've played the most. Oh well good luck to all the participants and most important have fun.
Well crap, I didn't want you to be my first opponent. I liked the previous seeding better.
QQ

Will you be available today?

LakeEarth

i cant wait to play but i cant figure out who to play haha. The only character ive liked since vanilla is dante, good luck to everyone.

Hey, looks like we've been paired up. I work full-time, so it'll have to be some point after 7pm EST.

Let me know what works for you!

Damn sorry about earlier Karst. I don't know why my connection wasn't so hot. The only thing I can think of was that I was uploading some youtube video's at the time and that could have brought my connection down. We can try again later.

Damn sorry about earlier Karst. I don't know why my connection wasn't so hot. The only thing I can think of was that I was uploading some youtube video's at the time and that could have brought my connection down. We can try again later.
Seems like an obvious culprit, haha. How long until they're done so we can play?

Yea those games were intense for sure. During match 3 I didn't know to try to run or fight Phoenix. I had a huge health lead but there was so much time left. I am really terrible at fighting Dark Phoenix (Who isn't) so I wanted to avoid that. I tried to snap in but I am terrible at that. Fantastic games overall though I totaly didn't know how it was gonna end. I recorded them so I'll post them when they are done uploading. Congrats Karst!

Yea those games were intense for sure. During match 3 I didn't know to try to run or fight Phoenix. I had a huge health lead but there was so much time left. I am really terrible at fighting Dark Phoenix (Who isn't) so I wanted to avoid that. I tried to snap in but I am terrible at that. Fantastic games overall though I totaly didn't know how it was gonna end. I recorded them so I'll post them when they are done uploading. Congrats Karst!
Oh cool I can't wait to watch them! I never get to see myself play.

Unless the timer is low (like less than 10 seconds), bring Dark Phoenix in. If all 3 of your characters are at full health, less than 20 seconds is possible.

If you try to time Phoenix out with like 40-50 seconds left on the clock, you'll usually just end up losing a character, and then at 15 seconds I'll burn XF3, which usually means you have to kill Phoenix due to losing the life lead over time.

Now, it's not a bad idea to get Phoenix to like 5% life and then leave her alone, because this makes any Phoenix player go into psycho mode and start making suicidal attack attempts because I need you to kill her. This can put you in a situation where you can make sure she dies in a way that's favorable for you. Every team needs some strategy to beat Dark Phoenix. If I were you, I would mess with something like trying to chip kill her with Gamma Charge, Gamma Crush to make me block, DHC into Phoenix Wright's "M-maya?!" hyper because it's not a projectile and causes a lot of blockstun, and then go for the unblockable. Something like that. Every team has something to give them a good chance. You need to embrace random hypers, too, because it's what keeps Dark Phoenix honest. "Order in the Court!" might not be something you use randomly normally, but against Dark Phoenix it's a good strategy when you see fireballs approaching, because there's a good chance I'm about to teleport, and you'll kill her.

Also, never forget that facing Phoenix = free down TACs all day. I'm not going to stop hitting left+TAC for anything, so while Dark Harmonizer gives me tons of meter, you can be ending every combo into a level 3 if you want.

Now, it's not a bad idea to get Phoenix to like 5% life and then leave her alone, because this makes any Phoenix player go into psycho mode and start making suicidal attack attempts because I need you to kill her. This can put you in a situation where you can make sure she dies in a way that's favorable for you. Every team needs some strategy to beat Dark Phoenix. If I were you, I would mess with something like trying to chip kill her with Gamma Charge, Gamma Crush to make me block, DHC into Phoenix Wright's "M-maya?!" hyper because it's not a projectile and causes a lot of blockstun, and then go for the unblockable. Something like that. Every team has something to give them a good chance. You need to embrace random hypers, too, because it's what keeps Dark Phoenix honest. "Order in the Court!" might not be something you use randomly normally, but against Dark Phoenix it's a good strategy when you see fireballs approaching, because there's a good chance I'm about to teleport, and you'll kill her.

That's really good advice but half the battle is getting into position and or surviving the incoming to even begin a set up.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
ILL Virtue vs. Twilt
3-2 ILL Virtue

So much lag. Idk how u did sword loops in it. R u wired or wireless? Ggs though. Happy Birthdays saved me...

Yeah I had to go team basic to deal with the lag. Fof loops were not gonna happe

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ILL Virtue vs. Twilt
3-2 ILL Virtue

So much lag. Idk how u did sword loops in it. R u wired or wireless? Ggs though. Happy Birthdays saved me...

Yeah I had to go team basic to deal with the lag. Fof loops were not gonna happe

Lets get our games in now? I totally bodied blank 3-0

FSLink

Banned
0-3 FSLink gg

GGs. Yeah sorry, didn't get to record it, my capture card is being stubborn. -_- I'll record PSN matches if I can get it working sometime later this week.

Hey Karst, want to get some casual games in later? I really want to fight a decent Phoenix team, lol.

Kioshen

GGs. Yeah sorry, didn't get to record it, my capture card is being stubborn. -_- I'll record PSN matches if I can get it working sometime later this week.

Hey Karst, want to get some casual games in later? I really want to fight a decent Phoenix team, lol.

I'm on now on 360 if you want to do our matches.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Qistoptier vs ILL Virtue
ILL Virtue 3-1

GGs bro. I was play in kinda lame cuz all of your char give me a hard time... Especially tasky. Hate that guy

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Qistoptier vs ILL Virtue
ILL Virtue 3-1

GGs bro. I was play in kinda lame cuz all of your char give me a hard time... Especially tasky. Hate that guy

I have almost no vergil experience sadly. So I was going off instinct :(

You down to play more for the heck of it?

Sure, but it'll probably have to be tomorrow.

Q and Ill, ya'll played for no reason. Q has a bye until onionfrog and Racketpunch play their game.

Brackets are updated, btw. They're in the OP too.

GGs. I had no idea what to do in a Nova mirror if you couldn't tell, lol.

Beef I won 3-1.
Nova mirror: both players jump, air dash, and j.H into each other. Usually this results in a teched throw. Then, both of you c.M into each other. Rinse and repeat!

FSLink

Banned
Nova mirror: both players jump, air dash, and j.H into each other. Usually this results in a teched throw. Then, both of you c.M into each other. Rinse and repeat!

Yeah I tried to avoid that and use shields and more javelins and abuse Strange assist a bit, lol.

Kioshen

That pretty much what happened expect I threw first most of the times for some reason ... and then i fumble the pick up *sigh*.

Thanks for the casuals afterwards FSLink. You were clearly the better player. I barely have tech to rely on so I was just stumbling around especially against the second team you picked. Team Nemo/Combofiend looks really fun but then I'll have to learn all three new characters instead of just one for now. Team Infrit still has Spencer that I don't really know what to do with so that doesn't change much.

XBL side: Sasa over Jetman.

I'm really happy they weren't recorded, dropping Cap and Nova combos are second only to dropping wolverine combos.

JeTmAn81

XBL side: Sasa over Jetman.

I'm really happy they weren't recorded, dropping Cap and Nova combos are second only to dropping wolverine combos.

Oh you thought that wasn't being recorded eh? I beg to differ. I'm going to post the evidence in spite of losing 3-0.

BTW my Strider team was specifically picked to counter your Spidey team. I was clueless against Cap/Tony/Nova, LOL.

Oh you thought that wasn't being recorded eh? I beg to differ. I'm going to post the evidence in spite of losing 3-0.

BTW my Strider team was specifically picked to counter your Spidey team. I was clueless against Cap/Tony/Nova, LOL.

Uhhh

Don't expose my "tech" LOL. Everyone will know just how *good* I am, haha.

Top Bottom