• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The NeoGAF Tournament (a Professor Beef joint)

I fucked up. 2-3, goes to Jetman.

Why did I tag in the wrong character in the third game gahhhh
Oh well, my own fault for not playing before my match.

JeTmAn81

I fucked up. 2-3, goes to Jetman.

Why did I tag in the wrong character in the third game gahhhh
Oh well, my own fault for not playing before my match.

Wow man, that was epic from my side of things. You've never played that well in any of our other matches, and you had me down a pretty convincing 0-2 against my Vergil/Dante/Magneto team. And then I switched to Wesker/Dante/Strider, which is my older team and I guess I play it a lot better. Also, random Vajra is super annoying eh?

But there was some dramatic stuff in there. At least for me. Like the first match where I snapped in Phoenix and managed to kill her but had absolutely NO clue that you already had five bars. Where'd those bars come from? It was like they were dropped in from nowhere, Deus Ex Machina-style. And then in game 4 I think, me getting the opportunity to snap Phoenix in at around 4 bars, dropping it (lol), then somehow getting it again and getting the snap.

Anyway, I was impressed with your team Neo play. I hope you stick with it. Before that last match I decided this had been a really good set regardless of who won.

Wow man, that was epic from my side of things. You've never played that well in any of our other matches, and you had me down a pretty convincing 0-2 against my Vergil/Dante/Magneto team. And then I switched to Wesker/Dante/Strider, which is my older team and I guess I play it a lot better. Also, random Vajra is super annoying eh?

But there was some dramatic stuff in there. At least for me. Like the first match where I snapped in Phoenix and managed to kill her but had absolutely NO clue that you already had five bars. Where'd those bars come from? It was like they were dropped in from nowhere, Deus Ex Machina-style. And then in game 4 I think, me getting the opportunity to snap Phoenix in at around 4 bars, dropping it (lol), then somehow getting it again and getting the snap.

Anyway, I was impressed with your team Neo play. I hope you stick with it. Before that last match I decided this had been a really good set regardless of who won.
It's by far his best team, but he doesn't want to stick with it.

The thing about Vajra vs. EMD is EMD is easy to counter: just stay the hell off the ground. Vajra, on the other hand, you need to take time and research how to counter it with your various characters, and there's no way to get "out of its area".

I consciously don't make the same choices when I play casuals(I don't command grab people with Wesker in casuals) but it's been too long since I played for a tournament, I kept confusing myself and hesitating. I just didn't block strider even though I knew he was coming with the teleport. Sigh... so many stupid mistakes. And I'm embarrassed for my Magneto showing, he was the worst character out there. Oh well, GGs.

It's by far his best team, but he doesn't want to stick with it.

The thing about Vajra vs. EMD is EMD is easy to counter: just stay the hell off the ground. Vajra, on the other hand, you need to take time and research how to counter it with your various characters, and there's no way to get "out of its area".

When he swapped teams I knew vajra assist was coming, but I didn't adjust for it like I was thinking in my head to. I'm salty. I didn't even finish my Wesker combos, I just picked up random hits. No trap guard breaks. So sloppy.

JeTmAn81

I consciously don't make the same choices when I play casuals(I don't command grab people with Wesker in casuals) but it's been too long since I played for a tournament, I kept confusing myself and hesitating. I just didn't block strider even though I knew he was coming with the teleport. Sigh... so many stupid mistakes. And I'm embarrassed for my Magneto showing, he was the worst character out there. Oh well, GGs.

You played Magneto in a way that gave me the sense that you're much better with him offline. Magneto is just one of those characters that is really hard to play online even with the best connections, wireless or no. BTW, our match felt pretty smooth for me.

You played Magneto in a way that gave me the sense that you're much better with him offline. Magneto is just one of those characters that is really hard to play online even with the best connections, wireless or no. BTW, our match felt pretty smooth for me.

No the connection was fine, I just wasn't thinking about Magneto the way I normally would. I was too focused on Wesker living. I haven't had as many issues lately with playing online. Anyway, I'm just rambling.

JeTmAn81

Here are two bad videos. In the first one, I am brutally destroyed by Killa Sasa and generally play like a scrub. Nothing fun to say about that one. That noise you might mistake for an aircraft carrier gearing up to move is actually my Xbox 360.

In the second, God's Beard beats me twice before the video runs out. One cool moment in that one is at 5:31 where the activation of Devil Trigger freezes the action long enough for me to realize that I'll be getting hit by Disruptor on the left side when Wesker is on the right side, and I block correctly.

Killa Sasa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM2TDM5P6Ok

God's Beard - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlZqorjAEZQ

Here are two bad videos. In the first one, I am brutally destroyed by Killa Sasa and generally play like a scrub. Nothing fun to say about that one. That noise you might mistake for an aircraft carrier gearing up to move is actually my Xbox 360.

In the second, God's Beard beats me twice before the video runs out. One cool moment in that one is at 5:31 where the activation of Devil Trigger freezes the action long enough for me to realize that I'll be getting hit by Disruptor on the left side when Wesker is on the right side, and I block correctly.

Killa Sasa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM2TDM5P6Ok

God's Beard - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlZqorjAEZQ

Dat option selected command grab at 3:08

I meant to ask about that, whether it was on reaction or not. What were your inputs exactly?

Because of the low shot tending to hit assists before the point characters, if I see you drop out I'll input HCF+L during my combo on the assist. If you roll forward I get a meaty palm that I can cancel out of and if you roll behind me I do a command grab. If you're clever and happen to not start the combo with it, you can use EMD assist to cover the grab or do a crossup depending on which way you rolled. But it's been so long since I actually spent time practicing this team that stuff like that comes and goes.

ggs, i'm surprised I pulled through in the tourny matches. your team is so hard for me to fight, when I saw it in the vs screen I literally put my face in my palms hahaha.

but man, I was raging so hard during all of our matches. so many weird execution errors that I usually don't have (and I don't even have great execution, but it was on another level of fail here). it wasn't lag either, I think it was because I just came from playing the game on PS3. oh well, we should get some more matches in the future!

ggs

edit: my next match on the xbox side is Killer Sasa.... loser brackets here we come =(

Vice

ggs, i'm surprised I pulled through in the tourny matches. your team is so hard for me to fight, when I saw it in the vs screen I literally put my face in my palms hahaha.

but man, I was raging so hard during all of our matches. so many weird execution errors that I usually don't have (and I don't even have great execution, but it was on another level of fail here). it wasn't lag either, I think it was because I just came from playing the game on PS3. oh well, we should get some more matches in the future!

ggs

More matches work for me. I'm usually on around 10pm or later. I kept dropping the end of my bnb, I'm disappointed in my hands.

Kioshen

PM sent to SolarKnight to arrange our loser bracket match. Aren't you near mexico Solar ? Good lord we might as well do a coin flip to bypass marvel's netcode since I live all the way up in Quebec xD.

PM sent to SolarKnight to arrange our loser bracket match. Aren't you near mexico Solar ? Good lord we might as well do a coin flip to bypass marvel's netcode since I live all the way up in Quebec xD.

It's usually not too bad actually. Hell, I usually have better international matches than national >_>

JeTmAn81

BTW, if you guys have smartphones, maybe try to record your matches with them and upload to YouTube. It really sucks trying to set up the typical smartphone to shoot a fixed position, but I'm sure people would be interested in watching the playbacks.

BTW, if you guys have smartphones, maybe try to record your matches with them and upload to YouTube. It really sucks trying to set up the typical smartphone to shoot a fixed position, but I'm sure people would be interested in watching the playbacks.

alright, I'll try to set it up when I get bodied next game haha

LakeEarth

LakeEarth over Kribby, 3-0.

GGs, your Dante is good. Actually using attraction/repulsion for a reason too, which surprised me.

EDIT - and why the hell were you not using Doom in the first place?

smurfx

get some go again
I'll be ready to play in a hour. What's your gamertag?
won't be around anymore today and possibly tommorow. i'm free on thursday though up until 6pm. go to my profile for my tag and send me a friend invite if you want so you know when i'm on.

Yeah I wasn't available any longer when you posted. I'll see you tonight then after 6pm pacific :).

sorry man, my sister-in-law is going into labor! we told her and my brother that we would take care of their pets while they're at the hospital. does tomorrow work?

Hey all,
racketpunch asked me to stream his match today and I wanted to offer my services to anyone else. He was gonna use the archive to go over mistakes in the match etc.
This isn't a dedicated stream that I can do since I work ridiculous evening hours this month.
I've got Marvel for PS3 primarily but I do have access to the 360 version.
I can stream on sats, suns and wed's. if you absolutely want it streamed, I can do daytimes before noon PST

If anyone else is interested, give me a shout I'd love to give you a hand with this.
I'll post racketpunch v. onionfrog later on today

I don't think we have enough people that would watch the stream as the match is going on to be honest. We all play at different times. I would think recording would be just as good.

yeah, im not trying to be the next spooky or pull in viewers, just wondering if people would want their matches streamed and archived.

onionfrog

Hey all,
racketpunch asked me to stream his match today and I wanted to offer my services to anyone else. He was gonna use the archive to go over mistakes in the match etc.
This isn't a dedicated stream that I can do since I work ridiculous evening hours this month.
I've got Marvel for PS3 primarily but I do have access to the 360 version.
I can stream on sats, suns and wed's. if you absolutely want it streamed, I can do daytimes before noon PST

If anyone else is interested, give me a shout I'd love to give you a hand with this.
I'll post racketpunch v. onionfrog later on today
I like this idea just because I'd like to see some of the matches even if we have to view the archives to see them

I'm looking forward to my inevitable defeat tonight too.

Top Bottom