• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Spider-man Season One |OT|: Because Being "Spectacular" is just not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the chris

loeb is taking EMH away from Yost in either episode 11 or 13.

ieDOnKV1jRq0O.gif

smr00

Banned
Spider-man cartoons...serious business.

I think the show's great. I also really like a team based spider-man for once. He's been on the avengers forever, but we've only gotten him as a lone gun in the cartoons (aside from the team-ups in the old 90s cartoon).
This.

Can't please everyone, i love this new show, it's different, goofy, fun and highly entertaining.

Then again this is GAF, no matter what it is a good majority will bitch and complain.

abundant

This.

Can't please everyone, i love this new show, it's different, goofy, fun and highly entertaining.

Then again this is GAF, no matter what it is a good majority will bitch and complain.

I like it too. It's basically Marvel's version of the Teen Titans animated series.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I like it too. It's basically Marvel's version of the Teen Titans animated series.

thats kinda the path i dont want it to go down unfortunately. i love the characters, and especially crazy cartoon coulson, but im hoping they cut down on some of the side antics. i dont mind if pete goes all zack morris on us, but i dont like the exaggurated motions i can do without. but people shitting on it so early is kinda sad.

Slayven

thats kinda the path i dont want it to go down unfortunately. i love the characters, and especially crazy cartoon coulson, but im hoping they cut down on some of the side antics. i dont mind if pete goes all zack morris on us, but i dont like the exaggurated motions i can do without. but people shitting on it so early is kinda sad.

People will shit on it then later down the road rave about it.

Damnit slay, shut up about that. No one needs to know about that shit ever again.

Now I'm actually interested. What happened? Anyway, just finished the third episode. Sheesh these cut-ins are annoying, hope they tone it down. And man does Pete have a severe case of Dreamworks face; lower that eyebrow, bro.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Can anyone make a gif of third episode where they would zoom in all 4 or 5 characters (suddenly moved to sea gull/bird)

I thought it would be decent gif. imo

udivision

^I'll admit, I laughed out loud at that.

I think Spectacular fans should just pack up their bags and follow Weisman to Young Justice. That has more in common with Spectacular than this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
^I'll admit, I laughed out loud at that.

I think Spectacular fans should just pack up their bags and follow Weisman to Young Justice. That has more in common with Spectacular than this.

Indeed, same here. I thought that author might give a good tribute to EuroTrip Gif, which led me to asked for someone to make one since I can't.

loeb is taking EMH away from Yost in either episode 11 or 13.

ugggghhhhh that could suck

Spiderman comes off annoying to me, I dunno why. It does feel like Teen Titans but I liked that. I do hate Shield stuff but I can mostly blow that off. Eh, maybe it'll get better. I'll still buy them whenever they get put up but go ahead and hate on me.

It might be the voice

Parallax

Now I'm actually interested. What happened? Anyway, just finished the third episode. Sheesh these cut-ins are annoying, hope they tone it down. And man does Pete have a severe case of Dreamworks face; lower that eyebrow, bro.

its a miniseries called trouble. it was created by the worst writer in the biz mark "douchebag" millar. to save you the time of looking it up, its about a young may and mary and ends with finding out mary is barren and may is actually peters mother. a fucking nightmare of a story.

With this last RP, I think I'm done with this show.

The Family Guy/Teen Titans Go asides have killed any interest for me. This is a hard thing to say since I worship Iron Fist in all forms.

MC Safety

I really liked the scene in the third episode where Fury is chewing out the kids and Spider-Man says, "This goes on for, like, five minutes. So let's check me rocking a jet pack again!"

Parallax

I really liked the scene in the third episode where Fury is chewing out the kids and Spider-Man says, "This goes on for, like, five minutes. So let's check me rocking a jet pack again!"

or while hes talking, fury just says blah blah blah

or while hes talking, fury just says blah blah blah

Yeah, I just try and think of show as the child born from a freaky three way involving, Ultimate spider-man comic, Spider-man and his amazing friends and Teen Titan's cartoon.

Just try and have fun with it.

It's weird, I find it hard to watch Teen Titans now with the in-your-face Anime bits. Yet, I'm liking Ultimate. I think it really works with Spider-man (maybe I find the art style more palatable)

But I also see the potential for a great show here if they can just tone it down a bit.

ElNarez

Banned
Say what you want about Teen Titans, but at least it didn't have absolutely hateable main characters the way this Spider-Man is, and not just because he looks like a better-drawn version of the main character from Ctrl-Alt-Delete. There's "having fun and rolling with the punches", and then there's "being the smarmiest asshole in the history of fiction". I get that they're trying to emulate the feel of the comic, but this shit just doesn't work in a made-for-television format.

This is a fucking mess, is what I'm getting at.

Vanish

I would love a spiderman cartoon series with realistic art based on the original comic series, with episodes directly inspired by the real life issues and storylines ( minus all the filler and crap issues).

Parallax

Say what you want about Teen Titans, but at least it didn't have absolutely hateable main characters the way this Spider-Man is, and not just because he looks like a better-drawn version of the main character from Ctrl-Alt-Delete. There's "having fun and rolling with the punches", and then there's "being the smarmiest asshole in the history of fiction". I get that they're trying to emulate the feel of the comic, but this shit just doesn't work in a made-for-television format.

This is a fucking mess, is what I'm getting at.

"absolutely hateable?" who fits that description?

Kaizer

Banned
Yeah, I just try and think of show as the child born from a freaky three way involving, Ultimate spider-man comic, Spider-man and his amazing friends and Teen Titan's cartoon.

Just try and have fun with it.

Perfect description of the show, I think it's fantastic for a kids morning show, while also providing some good action and plot. The jokes in this show actually have me laughing out loud, definitely wasn't expecting that.

Nesotenso

New Episode tomorrow

1-04 Venom
Original Airdate - April 15th, 2012
Spider-Man and the other S.H.I.E.L.D. trainees must fight off Doctor Octopus' latest creation, Venom. Things get complicated when Venom shows up at a party held at Harry Osborn's place.

Clip

and from Avengers:EMH

Clip

MisterHero

The asides are basically adaptations of Peter's narration from the comic books. That they animated them, and not just spoke them, is a point for attention to detail.

Khezu

Finally caught an episode of this, well half of it so far, 10 minutes was all I could put up with.

Put it on mute and waiting for avengers to start.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
New Episode tomorrow

Clip

What why is this happening why does Peters Spidey sense go off for Venom and why is Flash drinking from a toilet wait that's no toilet, that's a basin right? But he said it's a toilet right after fucking drinking from it! No, why would the water come from it's bottom. Is it a bidet? Why on earth is Flash drinking from a bidet? And why is it full of water? Did he wash his hands in it? Why is he in there without locking the door? Why are there two of those toilet things without some sort of seperation, do the Osborns like to share internet videos on a tablet while doing business? Does Norm drink from one while sitting on the other one? Why is that room like 2 square miles big?

And why is there a Scooby Doo cartoon horn when Venom scares the two?
and from Avengers:EMH

Clip

Oh thank god this is still awesome.

"and the Avengers... okay, the Avengers are just standing there - guys?"

Parallax

Damn, sam is a fucking dick.

And there something funny about flash drinking from a bidet.

Nesotenso

Episode 5 this Sunday - Iron Spider

1-05 Flight of the Iron Spider
Original Airdate - April 22nd, 2012
When Spider-Man meets Iron Man, one of his favorite super heroes, he receives an Iron Spider suit developed specially for him by Tony Stark. Spidey must learn how to operate the complex suit before jeopardizing his relationship with his fellow teen super heroes.

Clip 1

Clip 2

Khezu

Waiting for avengers watching this, still really bad.

Not only is it bad on its own, but when there is a bunch of other really good super hero cartoons airing currently, its just depressing.

And loeb wants to turn the avengers into this, probably because he wants to be able to have cross overs so he can shove his fake dead son into another show.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just wanted to say how awesome that fight scene between spiderman and venom was, as venom was trying to envelop peter, but he was still fighting the symbiote. It was so cool, wish they did something like that in the film....woulda been awesome.

Nesotenso

I just wanted to say how awesome that fight scene between spiderman and venom was, as venom was trying to envelop peter, but he was still fighting the symbiote. It was so cool, wish they did something like that in the film....woulda been awesome.

Yeah I was referring to that and the flight sequences in this one

ReiGun

Iron Fist is the only character I like thus far, even if his role is basically nothing more than telling his teammates when they're being stupid.

Penguin

Iron Fist is the only character I like thus far, even if his role is basically nothing more than telling his teammates when they're being stupid.

I actually kind of get annoyed by him.. because he sounds like a walking fortune cookie most of the time.

And I guess that's the joke.. but bleh

Pau

I'm disappointed that no one is going to make wtf faces gif :(
Didn't make it but found it on tumblr:
CjfNA.gif

Managed to watch about ten minutes of the first episode and missed Josh Keaton's voice so much. :( I'll give it a legitimate shot once I finish finals, especially since I'm super excited to see White Tiger, Power Man, and Iron Fist animated.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
was the iron spider initially that awkward looking?

Pretty much

Amazing529.jpg

Also the costume had all kinds of stupid gimmicks and features that totally took the fun out of Spider-Man. So glad it ended relatively quickly.

Parallax

Pretty much

Amazing529.jpg

Also the costume had all kinds of stupid gimmicks and features that totally took the fun out of Spider-Man. So glad it ended relatively quickly.

Minus the flying it was a good suit. Its amazing the problems people have with petes various added abilities to the point that they get removed.

Slayven

Pretty much

Amazing529.jpg

Funny thing is Peter has built better suits then that. The Prodigy and Hornet armors to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom