• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Spider-man Season One |OT|: Because Being "Spectacular" is just not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Where are you guys seeing the episodes?! They only have the first two on the Marvel XD website....

Well, then there are only two possibities left, and one of those isn't exactly to be discussed here. The other one is TV, duh.

But the best idea is to not watch it. Trust me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If you hate the series so much, why post in this thread?

I thought that's what GAF is about, that's how I learned it in the Pony threads I grew up in.

Seriously, I don't "hate it so much", it's just so much worse than its predecessor and EMH and pretty much everything DC comes up with. I'm still a Marvel/Spidey nut, so I have no option to miss out on it, in case it gets better.
I thought EMH would be awful too, after one or two episodes, so who knows.

I'll continue saying "it's bad" as long as it's bad, though.

Didn't make it but found it on tumblr:
CjfNA.gif

Managed to watch about ten minutes of the first episode and missed Josh Keaton's voice so much. :( I'll give it a legitimate shot once I finish finals, especially since I'm super excited to see White Tiger, Power Man, and Iron Fist animated.

Thanks for the GIF, but man it still makes me chuckle there's an ACTUAL Marvel character named White Tiger. It'll always remind me of the classic Justice Friends cartoon.

Anyway, latest episode was good. It's definitely moving in the right direction. If we could just get a little more development and depth from the team mates, we're good.

SykoTech

Another week, another episode of Jameson being stuck on the big screen. I was really happy to hear that they got JK Simmons to do JJ's voice, but they are ruining it by having him as background noise all the time. Jonah better make a physical appearance soon. Some JJ humor performed by Simmons would be far better than the rest of the show's humor so far.

Thanks for the GIF, but man it still makes me chuckle there's an ACTUAL Marvel character named White Tiger. It'll always remind me of the classic Justice Friends cartoon.

Haha, yeah. I always assumed that White Tiger from Dexter was just a spoof of Black Panther. Didn't know that there was a real White Tiger.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I thought that's what GAF is about, that's how I learned it in the Pony threads I grew up in.

Seriously, I don't "hate it so much", it's just so much worse than its predecessor and EMH and pretty much everything DC comes up with. I'm still a Marvel/Spidey nut, so I have no option to miss out on it, in case it gets better.
I thought EMH would be awful too, after one or two episodes, so who knows.

I don't agree with this sentiment. I didn't like the first spider man movie, and haven't seen its sequels due to it having in my opinion the worst peter parker/spider man in fiction. Despite it being the only spider movies available, I'm not gonna see them because they aren't what I want in a spider man. Constantly going into movie spider man threads would just be a waste of my, and the people who thoroughly enjoy the series time.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I don't agree with this sentiment. I didn't like the first spider man movie, and haven't seen its sequels due to it having in my opinion the worst peter parker/spider man in fiction. Despite it being the only spider movies available, I'm not gonna see them because they aren't what I want in a spider man. Constantly going into movie spider man threads would just be a waste of my, and the people who thoroughly enjoy the series time.

See, people are different. I loathed movie 1 and watched all of them. So I somehow saw part 2, which was a pretty good Spidey movie, and I would have missed that if I hadn't. Same with EMH, as I said. Oh, and the new Green Lantern series.

But if you just try to find a way to say "Stay out of this thread, because you're somehow ruining my enjoyment of the series with your non-enjoyment", just say so :) I'd say "Oh well, just put me on your ignore list then, instead of trying to start an argument" or maybe "Oh well, I thought 'discussion threads' allow for discussion" or maybe even "Oh well, I really don't care". I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at yet, though.

Parallax

See, people are different. I loathed movie 1 and watched all of them. So I somehow saw part 2, which was a pretty good Spidey movie, and I would have missed that if I hadn't. Same with EMH, as I said. Oh, and the new Green Lantern series.

But if you just try to find a way to say "Stay out of this thread, because you're somehow ruining my enjoyment of the series with your non-enjoyment", just say so :) I'd say "Oh well, just put me on your ignore list then, instead of trying to start an argument" or maybe "Oh well, I thought 'discussion threads' allow for discussion" or maybe even "Oh well, I really don't care". I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at yet, though.

im not asking you to do anything, but i dont understand how constantly proclaiming that a series is bad is good for discussion.

Anyway, latest episode was good. It's definitely moving in the right direction. If we could just get a little more development and depth from the team mates, we're good.

yeah, the problem so far is that the 4 teammates move through that show as a single unit. you never see one without the other 3, even when they're not in costume. so it just makes them each 1/4 of a character. they need to start separating them a little more.

Parallax

yeah, the problem so far is that the 4 teammates move through that show as a single unit. you never see one without the other 3, even when they're not in costume. so it just makes them each 1/4 of a character. they need to start separating them a little more.

i hope that they will intigrate with the school more. they would be an amusing addition to the regular cast. and more principal coulson would be awesome.

Nesotenso

New Episode tomorrow, Taskmaster shows up

Ultimate Spider-Man
April 29nd, 2012 at 11:00am - 11:30am (ET/PT) - "#6 Why I Hate Gym"
When the villainous Taskmaster goes undercover as Midtown High’s gym teacher to find Spider–Man, gym class becomes a battleground. Spidey and White Tiger must put aside their differences to save their friends from the Taskmaster, in a new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.

clip

Khezu

Hate this show so much, but taskmaster is too amazing not to watch, also batrock the leaper for some reason.

Man, I just made the promise to myself to stop watching this show, but I am a huge fan of Taskmaster...

Every once in a while the potential in this show really shines, but it always just squanders it and makes me sad.

You know Batroc the Leaper was one of the few Marvel characters I have absolutely no idea about. My first thought seeing him was "Ohhhhhh so this is the guy Cap was comparing Strider Hiryu to."

Call me crazy, but I think the show is getting better all the time (I really dig the Scott Pilgrim meets Emperor's New Groove/School vibe). I REALLY liked how they did Taskmaster's powers. The pitch black fight sequence was superb!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, this episode wasn't half bad. Still far from Spectacular, but it was pretty okay. Why didn't Taskmaster
recognize Tiger, though?

Khezu

The newer episode was better, mostly because of taskmaster, and the fact that drake bells terrible friends didn't get much screen time, except for White tiger, who is the only main character that isn't a huge annoying douchebag.

Just watched all the episodes so far,
I think im the only person that really likes this show more so than AvengersEMH and what I have seen of Spectacular(2 or 3 episodes)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hated the Hulk design, so boring and basic. But at least this episode had waaaay less cut a ways and random bits. Would've been nice to know what villain they were actually fighting too. Was the electric guy just a complete throw a way?

Penguin

The show seems to be at best when its focused on a single major threat

Like the Venom ep a few weeks ago, and the Hulk this week

Nesotenso

New Episode tomorrow

1-08 Back in Black
Original Airdate - May 13th, 2012
When the terrifying Venom returns, Spider-Man tries to stop the villain and save his best friend. Spidey must decide if he can trust his new teammates with the shocking truth about Venom before asking for their help.

Clip 1

Platy

New Episode tomorrow

1-08 Back in Black
Original Airdate - May 13th, 2012
When the terrifying Venom returns, Spider-Man tries to stop the villain and save his best friend. Spidey must decide if he can trust his new teammates with the shocking truth about Venom before asking for their help.

Clip 1

I AM VENOM ?????????

I wantmy money back =|

Nesotenso

And that is all they care about.

I just find this hilarious if true.

Jeph Loeb is definitely one of the main guys who is pushing for the tone of the show. According to Agent X, Jeph wants Marvel Cartoons to prepare the youglings to be future Marvel comics fans, and he insisted on having all the Marvel cartons (Ultimate Spider-man, Hulk agents of SMASH, and the second half season of Avengers EMH) with no over reaching story, no 2 or 3 episodes parters, and no continuity.

Some one should tell Loeb to take a look at how Nick is getting monster ratings for LoK after TLA was such a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom