• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Sorry Izuna I just couldn't subject myself to that anymore. You seem to do pretty well in lag but I can't do anything. Don't want to keep playing knowing I'll hardly ever land my combos or anti airs.

Anybody else want to play?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I've given up attempting to play modern capcom games on PSN. It has helped my mood, immensely, and has reaffirmed my sanity. I no longer do the same thing... waiting for player... over... waiting for player... and over. I also no longer expect good things from Capcom. Elena is shite, DJ is worse, but my brain is right as rain.

Fixed for you since every other fighter works pretty well online on PSN :p

Man before playing Count Blackule, I only remember playing 2 Elena's from my memory. So I don't have any experience so what I'm seeing right now has me so fucking confused. I mashed several times just because I got reset several times and didn't know what was happening. But it's good experience, I need to figure out how to play against this character. It seems like she has a lot of stuff that out reaches Evil Ryu. And Evil Ryu is pretty good in that department. Also that slide....

Man before playing Count Blackule, I only remember playing 2 Elena's from my memory. So I don't have any experience so what I'm seeing right now has me so fucking confused. I mashed several times just because I got reset several times and didn't know what was happening. But it's good experience, I need to figure out how to play against this character. It seems like she has a lot of stuff that out reaches Evil Ryu. And Evil Ryu is pretty good in that department. Also that slide....

Why did they give Evil Ryu a dive kick.

Who decided that was a good idea?

Onemic

c.MP eats e.Ryu's low forward for days.

trade secret to beating Elena? don't play footsies. Use dat dive kick. Even better, use Yun...alas I've said too much.

c.MP eats e.Ryu's low forward for days.

trade secret to beating Elena? don't play footsies. Use dat dive kick. Even better, use Yun...alas I've said too much.

I'm tempted to go with Yun and rush that shit down. But Evil Ryu is my main and I just want to keep working on him. But yeah, playing footsies is hard against Elena because of the reach of her normals and specials. Plus she always looks like she's crouching. I keep wasting meter on EX tatsu to ensure a combo ender because I don't know if my LK tatsu(doesn't hit crouchers) will work. And I see that the slide is punishable, the timing is just so awkward because you have to wait a little while unlike practically every other punishable slide on block.

And I threw away another match after taking a huge lead because I didn't know how to block Elena's moves in the corner :\

xCobalt

I have very little matchup experience but I don't see how Elena is a bad character. Really gotta figure out how to punish her stuff.

Onemic

I'm tempted to go with Yun and rush that shit down. But Evil Ryu is my main and I just want to keep working on him. But yeah, playing footsies is hard against Elena because of the reach of her normals and specials. Plus she always looks like she's crouching. I keep wasting meter on EX tatsu to ensure a combo ender because I don't know if my LK tatsu(doesn't hit crouchers) will work. And I see that the slide is punishable, the timing is just so awkward because you have to wait a little while unlike practically every other punishable slide on block.

And I threw away another match after taking a huge lead because I didn't know how to block Elena's moves in the corner :\

trade secret 2: If you use Yun it's like overwhelmingly in his favour, you'd have no reason to lose. Big reason being Elena's hitbox actually hurts her in the yun MU(and probably Yang) than it helps her. If you use his overhead on her you can link it into c.lp for a full combo every time because it will always hit her meaty.

I have very little matchup experience but I don't see how Elena is a bad character. Really gotta figure out how to punish her stuff.

she's not terrible, but not very good. The biggest thing she has going for her right now is that no one knows how to play against her and her hitbox shenanigans. her good MU's are good and her bad MU's are very bad. besides c.Lp and HP mallet smash, everything she does is extremely punishable. Even stuff on hit is punishable due to their tendencies to whiff.

xCobalt

Ok, that one sequence made me salty. Elena blocks the demon flip dive kick and I continue with crouching jab but since shes still in block stun, my move whiffs and I get thrown. God damn it.

Elena's hurt box has gotten me through a lot of tough times.

<3

Her special attack priorities have brought me a lot of tough times as well.

</3

I've never had the issues I'm having with Elena with getting an Ultra out with any other character. Shit these new characters all have wonky leniency on their inputs. Really annoying.

I'm in Virginia, a state similar in shape to NC, but mirrored along the north-south axis. I have PS3 if you ever want to play.

LOL, I thought you were Canadian as well so I thought I would have to specify since I figure they don't know where states not called "California" and "New York" are located.

Yeah sure I'm down. But I'm still in the room with the Canadians right now, so another time.

About Elena's hurt box, yeah a lot of stuff whiffs. Some of my cross ups missed and totally threw me off guard.

Top Bottom