• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There's no issues upgrading the free SFIVAE from XBL Games with Gold, right? You just lose access if you lapse in gold sub? Gonna upgrade tonight if there's no issues.

Pretty sure you keep it forever, losing games when the sub lapses is just for xbox one.

There's no issues upgrading the free SFIVAE from XBL Games with Gold, right? You just lose access if you lapse in gold sub? Gonna upgrade tonight if there's no issues.

You keep the game forever on 360. It's Xbone where the game is tied to your subscription. I'm downloading it now so I can put the disc away.

vixlar

Now that I downloaded the free (for gold) SSF4AE. May I delete the Arcade Edition DLC file? And when USF4 goes digital, may I delete the USF4 DLC, SSF4AE and download USF4 digital?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How is Abel as a character? Difficult to learn?

I've always appreciated him from afar but plan on trying to learn him once I get the retail copy in August.

lol is Dhalsim lower than Dan?

Looks like. Bahahahahaha.

Oh well. He'll always have a spot on my short list of people to use.

ms2nNUw.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was a head of my time:p Alioune's tier list is probably a little off here and there, but it seems like a pretty accurate list as of now.

Looks like. Bahahahahaha.

Oh well. He'll always have a spot on my short list of people to use.

Welp, I'll still keep trying though. I do better with Sim than with any other character so far.

I feel like it's really hard to balance Dhalsim as a character because he's so weird, and you pretty much have to figure out that matchup playstyle for only that one character. This has the effect of people not knowing the Sim matchup getting blown up, and people who do know the matchup blowing Sim up instead.

This raises the question - should the game be balanced at the highest levels of play, the average level of play for the majority of the userbase, or somewhere in the middle?

kodecraft

I legitimately hate fighting Gief as Cody. That shit is rough once he gets in.

Cody is well-rounded, I'm defensive on wake-up against Gief, unless I feel otherwise. I usually wake up with a high ruffian kick (armored if needed), a grab of my own, armored crack. There are options.

Onemic

Elena bottom tier, where she should be

Had i known earlier i would have asked for tips.

How long have you been playing him? If anything I wouldve asked you lol. I really like the changes they made to him in ultra though, besides his crossup buff still being pretty trash.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Elena bottom tier, where she should be

How long have you been playing him? If anything I wouldve asked you lol. I really like the changes they made to him in ultra though, besides his crossup buff still being pretty trash.

I started playing him when ultra came out. I sort of have a handle on what im doing at this point but man the first few days were rough.

Onemic

I started playing him when ultra came out. I sort of have a handle on what im doing at this point but man the first few days were rough.

ah, he's real fun to play. Winning with him is rewarding a hell, even if it is easier with Yun. I love the way he can mix people up, it never feels boring. Right now I'm trying to get his 6 frame FADC punish down, it's tough but one of the few combos he can do that really hurts. 330 dmg of pain with a reset option as well.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
On the Tierchart maker, is "has faults" and "well rounded" supposed to be describing their bad matchups? As in, a character with faults tend to be weak in a particular area so against certain characters that can exploit that weakness, this character does not do well. A well rounded character, on the other hand, has tools to deal with the rest of the cast fairly well, so it is not prone to bad or lopsided matchups.

Reading impressions, watching videos, listening to the soundtrack all make me really want this game. I'll probably wait for the disc release though.

I never played Arcade Edition, so there's a lot to catch up on.

xCobalt

Reading impressions, watching videos, listening to the soundtrack all make me really want this game. I'll probably wait for the disc release though.

I never played Arcade Edition, so there's a lot to catch up on.

If you have XBL, AE is free right now.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
ah, he's real fun to play. Winning with him is rewarding a hell, even if it is easier with Yun. I love the way he can mix people up, it never feels boring. Right now I'm trying to get his 6 frame FADC punish down, it's tough but one of the few combos he can do that really hurts. 330 dmg of pain with a reset option as well.

My initial mistake was going online without really knowing any of his big combos and i had no clue how to properly space dive kicks. Once i went in the lab and got a few combos down things started falling into place. I definitely see myself sticking with him. Rolento on the other hand...eeh..

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hahaha just won a match with a Standing Gigas on a turtling Decapre wake-up. Stood right next to her after knocking her down in a corner, walked back and forth a bit and BAM! Thx Jibbo!!

Shouta

On the Tierchart maker, is "has faults" and "well rounded" supposed to be describing their bad matchups? As in, a character with faults tend to be weak in a particular area so against certain characters that can exploit that weakness, this character does not do well. A well rounded character, on the other hand, has tools to deal with the rest of the cast fairly well, so it is not prone to bad or lopsided matchups.

Pretty sure it describes just tool set instead of match-up.

Laconic

Banned
woah, I didn't notice that. Definitely do not agree there.

I also don't think Oni is better than Ken either.

I've been playing around with Ken a bit, and agree with you. His tweeked frames actually make him rather solid, imo. If I were to main a shoto, I'd go with Ken, just to be different... oh, how things have changed.

Top Bottom