• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
After playing a long set against a pretty damn good elena player i just have to say..man i feel for you elena players. This is how i felt playing guy in super. This is just not a complete character. Someone fell asleep at their desk and just said..fuck it.

xCobalt

Anyone down to play on xbox?

Seeing someone play Rolento like that gives him a bad name. Sure I've been prone to getting my roll on before but after growing comfortable with him I've learned over time that shit like that gets downloaded and you gotta mix it up. How is that even fun..

That tactic is pretty good against Hugo since he can't punish it. He definitely had to mix it up more though.

Scrub, beginner Ibuki here. I try to spend time every day in training mode working on execution. Just got a stick and still adjusting.

I have one training partner, my cousin who I play online, he uses Ryu. I'm constantly blown up by his random Tatsus. 90% of the time I anti air too late due to lag, or slow reactions. (B+MP or c+HP). Anyone have any tips for punishing random Tatsus consistently? He tosses them out free and is blowing me up. .

Malalaw

Anyone down to play on xbox?

That tactic is pretty good against Hugo since he can't punish it. He definitely had to mix it up more though.

I usually save up for the ex roll against Hugo. 90% chance i fully connect and that chip is still pretty damn good. My fav is when they try to run in for grab and then I u2 them. I love that shit and the hatemail it gets sometimes. Someone told me to lick his "anus hole" last night. Lol

kirblar

After playing a long set against a pretty damn good elena player i just have to say..man i feel for you elena players. This is how i felt playing guy in super. This is just not a complete character. Someone fell asleep at their desk and just said..fuck it.
low low low mallet smash repeat

Deps

Ggs deps. I'm so bad at the makoto matchup lol

ggs. Rolento gets rolled up by Makoto, once I get in hes done. Only thing that really seems to work is mauling her to death and abusing her bad walk speed. You should also do more focus vs her, her axe kick is free to focus and it's one of her best tools for beating dominant pokes. Once you make Makoto scared to go ham with axe kick, then you can poke her more freely. Also, the meaty overhead setups I was doing are really unsafe if you dwu.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Decided to work on Decapre as my secondary to Hugo. She's a lot of fun but a lot of work, not the best character to try and win with @ 4am after a night of drinking.

Malalaw

If anyone hasn't already, there is an android app called USF4- Frame Tools and Notes that shows matchups and how to punish pretty much everything that can be punished. Neat little app that I recently found out about that I cannot wait to put to work.

Grakl

If anyone hasn't already, there is an android app called USF4- Frame Tools and Notes that shows matchups and how to punish pretty much everything that can be punished. Neat little app that I recently found out about that I cannot wait to put to work.

afaik all the frame data isn't up to date from what I read about it a few days ago

I really like the new Jurassic stage music.

My win ratio has really gone down since I started playing Ultra.
It's been over a year since I last played Super, but clearly many people never stopped as everyone online seems to be pretty competent now.

And there's still nothing worse than losing to a bad Ken player.

El Sloth

Banned
Seriously thinking about learning Juri. I love her fireball game and how quickly she can go from lame to in your face and then back to "hold these fireballs to your chest and ankles".

And she's a crazy in the kill-3-people-before-breakfast way. What's not to love?

Seriously thinking about learning Juri. I love her fireball game and how quickly she can go from lame to in your face and then back to "hold these fireballs to your chest and ankles".

And she's a crazy in the kill-3-people-before-breakfast way. What's not to love?
I cant handle holding all the buttons.

GGs Black Vegeta. That was some good back and forth.... well until I lost 4 in a row, haha.

I wanna break my 360 controller though. Couldn't hit links for shit. I can't believe I haven't replaced my stick yet. I doubt I ever will.

GGs Black Vegeta. That was some good back and forth.... well until I lost 4 in a row, haha.

I wanna break my 360 controller though. Couldn't hit links for shit. I can't believe I haven't replaced my stick yet. I doubt I ever will.
GGs my dude. Poison's fireball game is insane. Had to adjust and play more patiently vs her. Her footies are pretty good and quick once she gets in.

Roblanka...all dat rolling. I'm getting better reading and spacing the rolls. Either punishing with srk (which is still hard as fuck to do) or c.mp/c.mk.

Those were the matchups I was looking for experience. Thanks for the games. ^_^

hitsugi

Decapre is fun D: no one does close s.HP, s.LP, c.MK though.. I know it's pointless, but that extra hit just adds a satisfying pause for me.

alstein

Did see something weird earlier today- some Hugo player was doing his d,d+MK overhead to go through Rose soul sparks.

Not sure if glitch or intentional, but funny and useful.

kirblar

Did see something weird earlier today- some Hugo player was doing his d,d+MK overhead to go through Rose soul sparks.

Not sure if glitch or intentional, but funny and useful.
It's projectile invulnerable and intended as a way to Yoga Tower projectiles.

GGs my dude. Poison's fireball game is insane. Had to adjust and play more patiently vs her. Her footies are pretty good and quick once she gets in.

Roblanka...all dat rolling. I'm getting better reading and spacing the rolls. Either punishing with srk (which is still hard as fuck to do) or c.mp/c.mk.

Those were the matchups I was looking for experience. Thanks for the games. ^_^
With Rolento I was noticing you were doing pretty well against the rolls. I was trying to use the different strengths to bait some stuff but you weren't falling for it.

And yeah Poison's fireball game is pretty sick. I'm still getting used to it though, since the different strengths are so unique. She can do some crazy frame traps with the fierce version. I was trying some different tactics in each match.

All your dp buffering makes me wanna jump, haha. It was driving me insane. I was compelled to test your reactions every time, haha.

Top Bottom