• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Yeah, its not that great but I could have definitely played better. Every time I tried to aa you with ex tatsu, I would always get st.mk for some reason and pretty much lost the round if that happened.

Yea one full combo from either character can cost a round. The second I got into the corner I pretty much just chalk up the round unless I can scrub out a random exDP or something to get you off me.

Gouken's corner pressure aint no joke.

zlatko

Banned
Welp I hope that Capcom wants my money later to bring the SFxT alt costumes onto the marketplace.

Does anyone know any other way to get SFxT data onto an exterior hard drive I'm using for my 360?

Anyone have a pre order code they didn't use for those alt costumes by chance? Wizard Rolento looks dope and so does Executioner Hugo.

Finally, anyone got a good place to get Poison knowledge or videos to watch?

I'm assuming you're talking about normal throws, because I don't think I'm crazy enough to try an SPD on Rose's wakeup.

I just wouldn't recommend a SPD because you'll get blown up by a neutral jump. If she tries that when you normal throw you can still recover in time to anti air. If I played a grappler(well I do play Yun lol) I would eventually mix in command throws once I condition her to sit still and block(and tech).

alstein

I just wouldn't recommend a SPD because you'll get blown up by a neutral jump. If she tries that when you normal throw you can still recover in time to anti air. If I played a grappler(well I do play Yun lol) I would eventually mix in command throws once I condition her to sit still and block(and tech).

stand forward can also blow you up on wakeup if you try an SPD and start a combo. I suspect Gief if he expects that can do some sort of OS to beat that though.

stand forward can also blow you up on wakeup if you try an SPD and start a combo. I suspect Gief if he expects that can do some sort of OS to beat that though.

Man I just realized I'm probably wrong about being able to throw Rose on wake up when she does a cl. MK. If my memory is correct I think her cl. MK is unthrowable on start up, even against meaty throws. Correct me if I'm wrong Rose players.

I'm that's true though that's one option Rose would have then. But then you open yourself to counter hits that could lead to huge damage so it can be a big risk to take.

Zack117

Banned
The retail copy of the regular SSF4 version works with the digital ultra upgrade, right? I'm asking because the upgrade refers to AE at the psn store.

I love it when someone tries so hard to avoid me getting a perfect on them that they waste 3 bars to make sure they get damage, and it's only the first round. Just take the perfect dude. It's not a big deal.

Shouta

The retail copy of the regular SSF4 version works with the digital ultra upgrade, right? I'm asking because the upgrade refers to AE at the psn store.

Yes. I picked up a SSFIV to play Ultra. you just need to download the misc patches for Super as well.

I love it when someone tries so hard to avoid me getting a perfect on them that they waste 3 bars to make sure they get damage, and it's only the first round. Just take the perfect dude. It's not a big deal.

getting a perfect or even a dizzy on someone is still a new concept to me. now i get at least 1 during an hour session. that shit rarely happened when i played honda lol

some firsts today: i lost a match because i stunned a hugo and completely whiffed, dude mashed ultra and won. i also finally fought a tony hawk today. that is a fucking rough matchup as decapre, such a 180 from trolling headbutts all day for free chip.

BizzyBum

All you have to fear is u1 or backdash. Rose is more free on wake up now than shes ever been.

When does a Rose not backdash? lol

It's hilarious when you get in and you mess a setup or something and they spam backdash and end up dashing back 3 or 4 times in a row.

BizzyBum

It's all about the divekicks. Like, when I play Evil Ryu, it's so much easier to get in because I can jump and alter my timing with the divekick. Lots of times players throw out there anti-air too early and then they worry about if it will be a divekick or cross up. I get so much more free pressure with Evil Ryu over Ryu it's not even funny.

It's all about the divekicks. Like, when I play Evil Ryu, it's so much easier to get in because I can jump and alter my timing with the divekick. Lots of times players throw out there anti-air too early and then they worry about if it will be a divekick or cross up. I get so much more free pressure with Evil Ryu over Ryu it's not even funny.
What's E Ryu's frame advantage on block with his divekick (and does it depend on height).?

its all for keeping dat pride.

Fuck dat not tryna get p'd on
Hahaha

Hell no. I'll take the perfect if it means I go into the next round with full meter.

Maybe this is the same train of thought that causes people to get so angry during mirror matches. Like people get super salty when they lose against whatever character they were using. I don't care for mirror matches either, but it's not because I'm worried about losing to the character I'm using.

I will wakeup ultra while I see my opponent crouch-blocking just so it's not a perfect. :-|

I wouldn't go so far as to ragequit, though, which is what one of my opponents did to me recently...

Question: if you focus attack absorb something and then heal it all back, is it still a perfect in the engine? If Elena heals back to max, is it a perfect?

Onemic

I will wakeup ultra while I see my opponent crouch-blocking just so it's not a perfect. :-|

I wouldn't go so far as to ragequit, though, which is what one of my opponents did to me recently...

Question: if you focus attack absorb something and then heal it all back, is it still a perfect in the engine? If Elena heals back to max, is it a perfect?

I've never tried this...but I would assume so.

Yea I tested it, its considered a perfect for Elena

They already answered your Elena question, as for the focus, yes it will still be a perfect. Your health doesn't even have to fully regenerate.

Wow, cr.mp xx ex drill whiffs on crouching elena if done at max distance. That's the first time I've seen that not work.

Elenawin2.gif

xCobalt

Wow, cr.mp xx ex drill whiffs on crouching elena if done at max distance. That's the first time I've seen that not work.

Gouken's crouching jab whiffs on her if shes still in block stun. I understand that her small hitbox can avoid some stuff but come on lol. ggs fellas

El Sloth

Banned
Blackule plz

your elena is touching my rose in all sorts of strange places
Gouken's crouching jab whiffs on her if shes still in block stun. I understand that her small hitbox can avoid some stuff but come on lol. ggs fellas
GGs, dude! I always enjoy playing against your Gouken.

Except when I'm using Hugo >:|

Can't go around moving ya head like crazy with all those neck rings/necklaces on

Gouken vs Hugo has to be a 10-0 matchup in Goukens favour.
I've personally had a lot of fun playing that matchup as Hugo. You have to play to slow as hell and really smart.

Playing against Honda on the other hand.....I am fucking clueless. Blanka is almost as shitty too.

gg's all.

Sloth; I feel U1 would be a lot better in that matchup because of how floaty and obvious her jump is, also to counter any random Mallet Smashes
there will be mallet smashes.
Also have to use Rose's anti airs more. More cr.HP and fs.HP for far jump ins. Rose is also free AF on wakeup now so it's pretty much a guessing game once you're knocked down in the corner.

Threi; instant air HP? really? dansgame

jlai; fuck Makoto, the second I screw up it's pretty much GG lol.

HEALING

El Sloth

Banned
GGs, Blackule

Her jump is too weird for me to anti-air reliably. Every time I tried I got stuffed. So I stopped early on. Yeah, I'm feeling U1 against her.

We have an xbl lobby going for anyone else that's still up.

Onemic

elena cody is like 7-3

Initially I thought it was 5 - 5 but after extended sets with owensboro im thinking it's more like 6 - 4. It's hard to get in against her as cody and cody's sweep isnt fast enough to punish her stuff when its well spaced.

ggs owens btw

Shouta

Hmm, found out Heavy black ball is punishable with Ex Spire if you block it standing as T.Hawk. That is a pretty huge boon and prevents full screen ball shenanigans from Blanka. Light ball knocks him back too far while Medium ball is just outside of EX Spire range, at least as I held back in the recording. If he walks forward, Blanka will block or get hit, I guess. =o

jlai

gg's all.

Sloth; I feel U1 would be a lot better in that matchup because of how floaty and obvious her jump is, also to counter any random Mallet Smashes
there will be mallet smashes.
Also have to use Rose's anti airs more. More cr.HP and fs.HP for far jump ins. Rose is also free AF on wakeup now so it's pretty much a guessing game once you're knocked down in the corner.

Threi; instant air HP? really? dansgame

jlai; fuck Makoto, the second I screw up it's pretty much GG lol.

HEALING

ggs. being that you're only like the 5th elena i've fought, i still have no idea what she does. i guess i should block high

xCobalt

Initially I thought it was 5 - 5 but after extended sets with owensboro im thinking it's more like 6 - 4. It's hard to get in against her as cody and cody's sweep isnt fast enough to punish her stuff when its well spaced.

ggs owens btw

Definitely shouldn't be using Cody's sweep as a punish option. His cr.lk has just as much range and has 3f startup. Cody is able to punish a lot of stuff that the rest of the cast can't with his cr.lk alone.

Top Bottom