• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Kadey handing out beatdowns like candy. Decrappy calls it a night on a rare win so as to not be too depressed.

Count: hopefully we can get some games tomorrow. I will be on during the day.

R. Kelly aint got NOTHIN on me

tumblr_mrq62drVzN1rg28udo1_250.gif

kirblar

I just lost 70pp for getting a draw game wtf?

Why would it count as the other person winning the game?
In the arcade, you both lose quarters.
The error is that Akuma is still better than guy rose or abel who all got better. Tokido all but implied that Akuma is now mid tier which is more hyperbolic than any statement ive read on almost any FGC forum.
Consider that it's Tokido, who likes using the lowest-common-denominator cheapest strategy that he can, lol. For Tokido's playstyle, Akuma is definitely not the top tier of bullshit anymore.

StewboaT_

My one and only ps3 controller died, so I made the decision to pick up an arcade stick instead. What a terrible mistake :( Any pointers for someone making the transition from pad to stick? I'm getting completely blown up every match and I'm just about ready to break this thing in half!

thelastword

Banned
I just lost 70pp for getting a draw game wtf?

Why would it count as the other person winning the game?
I believe if you have much more pp than him, the opposing player gets a bigger chunk out of it, bp remains unaffected from what I remember.

jlai said:
LOW TIER FRAUD
I remember playing him as well, only this time all he did was the air to ground roll. I got hit several times but I figured it out. Never seen a guy do so many rolls this quick in succession. It was like bombs over Baghdad...

El Sloth

Banned
Ggs, Onemic. And, uh, that one game we played, Dominus lol

Still messing Hugo's running grab input despite spending time in training room doing nothing but 360 + K. Obviously I need more time. My execution in general needs a tune up, to be honest.

Malalaw

My one and only ps3 controller died, so I made the decision to pick up an arcade stick instead. What a terrible mistake :( Any pointers for someone making the transition from pad to stick? I'm getting completely blown up every match and I'm just about ready to break this thing in half!

Hit up practice mode for a good hour to adjust with it man. It takes time but once you get used to it things will pick up.

Still messing Hugo's running grab input despite spending time in training room doing nothing but 360 + K. Obviously I need more time. My execution in general needs a tune up, to be honest.

Nah its cause Hugo's inputs are all fucked up. I can barely get Hugo's running grab when I want it :/

Korezo

Took me months to get the joystick down and have my brain remember where to put my fingers for buttons. Just practice in training a lot.

kirblar

That one isn't your fault, he and Elena have super f'd up input priority.

Onemic

ggs sloth. My Hugo hatred is high :p

It takes about a week or so to adjust

Yah ggs and I like the Hugo matchup because I disrespect him like no other :p.
And ggs Onemic, I gotta actually learn the Elena matchup now can't just yolo anymore.

Onemic

.....and my PS3 disc tray died :/

I dunno what to do. I could wait it out or buy arcade edition on PSN

Yah ggs and I like the Hugo matchup because I disrespect him like no other :p.

Can't play anymore because of the above, so ggs. You gotta go in for that seth MU man. I can turtle you all day lol.

.....and my PS3 disc tray died :/

I dunno what to do. I could wait it out or buy arcade edition on PSN

Can't play anymore because of the above, so ggs. You gotta go in for that seth MU man. I can turtle you all day lol.
I just can't be predictive when I go in or I get bopped by that jump HK or something? Would be so much easier to stay in with tandem cancels from normals :(..

Pachinko

LOW.. TIER... FRAUDDD

also, been finally starting to mess around with red focus cancel. mak can get a stun after one reset post red focus cancel crumple. used it in round 2 here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlz1AMMYU4I

I really don't get why people pull cords, it's just so unbelievably lame. Open confession- I'm like mid teir scrub at SF4 at best. I know I suck, I don't care if I lose online. That Rolento player seems to have simply been lucky , spamming the same 2 moves over and over again can be tricky to overcome given rolentos speed but you pulled it off. It's aggravating to see a deserved win go down the toilet because some cheap ass on the other end can't accept that his bullshit tactics didn't work.

Does USF4 have any kind of penalty system in place or do you both just not get any points when this shit happens ?

I don't actually play online too often and since I suck I don't have the problem where people disconnect on me but I'd be awful annoyed if I was finally going to get some points only to have my opponent cry foul and pull their cord seconds before they lose.

At least neogaf knows you won that fight jlai :D

Onemic

I just can't be predictive when I go in or I get bopped by that jump HK or something? Would be so much easier to stay in with tandem cancels from normals :(..

Yup. j.hp destroys all of seths options in the air. Now you gotta play honest like the rest of us(cept blackule tho :p )

reversal dp on Elena as seth and Yun is very good for me if I bait it as well. :D do it more pls.

The hardest part, at least in my opinion, is finding a good grip on the stick. It took me forever to get used to it until I tried holding the stick like a wine glass, so try experimenting.

Onemic

PS3 disc drive is officially borked. I've tried all the fixes online and none of them do anything. Guess I'm gonna have to get it on PSN :/

EDIT: officially double dipped. I probably wont be able to play till late at night with how big this file is.

Zocano

I posted in the fighting games weekly thread 2 weeks ago about how much I was enjoying learning Killer Instinct (because of its good training mode), but that was via an xbone I don't have access to anymore so I'm back to trying to learn SF4.

I was trying to learn Ryu before and got FADC into Ultra down but realized I wasn't having super fun doing so? Learning the game through a more natural curve of progression is probably the smarter (and more fun) route to go. But I'm not sure what the best way to do that is? The actual mechanics and combos and techniques just feel so obtuse at my level that I'm not sure how I should even be approaching any of this.

Also I wanted to try out a different fighting style (wasn't super interesting in Ryu's) so I tried out C Viper and from what I've read she seems much too technical for me to even attempt to learn? I've been trying her out for quite a bit but I feel like many of her techniques I just won't be able to do for a long time and especially not on a gamepad.

Sigmaah

I'm tryna learn Makoto, dunno why but she seems really cool to me. So 3 mains I'm gonna try to play are Hawk, Oni (May change later) and Makoto.

So what's the gameplan with Makoto?

Top Bottom