• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Coda

I always tried to play Makoto because I love seeing her whoop ass but her style is hard to grasp to me. If I really had time to play more and focus I bet I could get pretty good with her but unfortunately I do not have time to dedicate to learning her. I've been messing around with Juri a lot though. Never really got down with her style until Ultra dropped, now I'm really liking her.

GGs direct_quote.
I feel a little better about the yun matchup, but once I get pushed into the corner I'm DOA haha (unless I pick u2). I still have to be more patient with the stings though.

GGs direct_quote.
I feel a little better about the yun matchup, but once I get pushed into the corner I'm DOA haha (unless I pick u2). I still have to be more patient with the stings though.
Yah GGs I still don't know what to do half the time against dekappa or the new characters... except Hugo. But I literally give zero respect to Hugo so.... I guess as Yun you don't have to learn matchups that well xD

Not to mention his list of character types that take "no skill" to use.

He is a literal embodiment of all the things i hate about the fighting game community.
Dude seems like the embodiment of all the things to hate about scrubs.

Yeah, and his "no skill" list was hilarious. What was it...shotos, vortex characters, and charge characters?

That leaves:
Makoto
Dudley
Gen
Elena
Yun (how the hell did he not list characters with dive kicks?)
Juri
Dhalsim
Abel
Cammy
Cody
Hakan
Rolento
Zangief
Rufus
Fei Long
T. Hawk
Adon
Rose
Yang
Hugo

He cut like 2/3 of the cast.

I don't even know why I'm thinking on this so much. Fin.

Onemic

Yah GGs I still don't know what to do half the time against dekappa or the new characters... except Hugo. But I literally give zero respect to Hugo so.... I guess as Yun you don't have to learn matchups that well xD

Except against Elena :p

Not to mention his list of character types that take "no skill" to use.

He is a literal embodiment of all the things i hate about the fighting game community.

His list was pretty much all the characters that he personally doesnt like fighting against.

Yeah, and his "no skill" list was hilarious. What was it...shotos, vortex characters, and charge characters?

That leaves:
Makoto
Dudley
Gen
Elena
Juri
Dhalsim
Abel
Cammy
Cody
Hakan
Rolento
Zangief
Rufus
Fei Long
T. Hawk
Adon
Rose
Yang
Hugo

He also said any character in ST, so sim, Hawk, Fei, gief and cammy would also be listed as characters that take "no skill"

I would also assume he includes heavy mixup based 'vortexes' in there as well so Dudley, Yun, Abel, and Makoto

TheMink

That leaves:
Makoto
Dudley
Gen
Elena
Juri
Dhalsim
Abel
Cammy
Cody
Hakan
Rolento
Zangief
Rufus
Fei Long
T. Hawk
Adon
Rose
Yang
Hugo

Probably think about it more than we should because the existence of such a cartoon character of a person is upsetting.

Onemic

A Sakura player (I think it was Skatan? Don't really remember) said on Twitter that Evil Ryu does the same thing Sakura does but better. Is it true? D:

I want to play! Need to update my PS3 first though lol. My PSN should be Lemonsaide IIRC.

I guess in terms of damage? That would be about it I think. He's more akin to a better version of Oni or Ryu than anything else.

OceanBlue

I guess in terms of damage? That would be about it I think. He's more akin to a better version of Oni or Ryu than anything else.

Hmm, what do you think Sakura does differently than Evil Ryu? It sounds reasonable enough to me, but I'm not very good so I don't think I play Sakura correctly.

nib95

Banned

This guy really needs to work on himself. It's just my gaming persona doesn't cut it as a justification. Try to be a better human being and less of an arrogant, condescending brat. Credit where it's due though, he played pretty well against Alex Valle, and the commentators were indeed heavily biased, but most probably as a result of his own behaviour.

Guy just needs to chill out, be more respectful, and a hell of a lot more humble.

cackhyena

Watched some of the Topanga charity thing. Sako's Ibuki is still pretty baller. Plenty of new setups he was using. He was doing this new juggle I hadn't seen before into Raida. He was using Ultra 1 primarily as well. Maybe that got buffed enough to matter?

TheMink

Sure. What's your PSN?

Aha, in my case I just play too many other games at local meetups. I'm bad at all of them though so oh well.

TheMink

Get ready to be P//||3D //00!3!!!!!!
i said into the mirror :(

Edit: my phone cant do that leet speak so good haha

TheMink

GGs earlier Mink. PSN was wigging out man, weird.....

Ya especially when you were rose, its the only reason i even won that round :p

GGs Ocean, i cant be bothered to punish/combo properly -_-

"He wiffed a DP! Whatdoidowhatdoido, i know! Shoooooryyyuuuuukeeeeen"

*180 damage.*

I know fancy stuff i just freak out like a maniac when it actually matters >.<

Top Bottom