• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

xCobalt

GG's man. Yeah, it was good for a bit but sporadic lag was a downer. You were definitely getting it down towards the end though. I wondered how long it would take before people started ultraing HP Mallet Smash on reaction lol. Definitely can't do that anymore.

That standing hk (or hp?) counter hit me so many times lol. That seems like a pretty good move and can lead into decent damage.

cHaotix8

That standing hk (or hp?) counter hit me so many times lol. That seems like a pretty good move and can lead into decent damage.

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's off the ground for a couple frames so it'll catch people stand or crouch teching with lows. It's only +3 on non counterhit so the link afterwards is one frame and -3 on block. On counterhit no bar midscreen she gets 307 damage and with one bar she gets 380. With two she gets 426, and if you ta on ultra you get 490. She definitely does good damage but her combos are pretty are pretty tight link-wise and leave you in a bad situation if you drop anything. She's like Dudley in the sense that it's easier to juggle some characters than others.

zlatko

Banned
As much as I try to get away from the Rolento trap... I am stuck being good with this character only in Capcom fighters.

I just play so smart...footsies aren't a problem, I don't jump like a crack head, I bait, I punish jump ins, I've got mix ups, can DO my combos, etc. I've got a rock solid foundation and it's thanks to how this character has been designed since Alpha.

Still wish I had the dang Wizard outfit. :(

stn

Supposedly Crapcom will be releasing the challengers pack 2014 on XBL in August. I also want the wizard outfit!!

xCobalt

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's off the ground for a couple frames so it'll catch people stand or crouch teching with lows. It's only +3 on non counterhit so the link afterwards is one frame and -3 on block. On counterhit no bar midscreen she gets 307 damage and with one bar she gets 380. With two she gets 426, and if you ta on ultra you get 490. She definitely does good damage but her combos are pretty are pretty tight link-wise and leave you in a bad situation if you drop anything. She's like Dudley in the sense that it's easier to juggle some characters than others.

Does it just go over lows or is it airborne a few frames?

Marz

Beat the #1 Evil Ryu on PSN in ranked a little bit ago. ANBU_Shoryu or something, not impressed at all.

There's a bunch of people with ANBU in front of their name and they all play a lot and have super high BP and they all suck.

Onemic

#buffyun #putaedivekicksinyun But yah ggs. I hope you liked that dash full screen raw ultra to punish heal lol....

I still dont understand why they buffed this dude....

That MU is at least an 8 - 2. Theres no reason why Yun should ever lose to Elena.

/salt talk

I still dont understand why they buffed this dude....

That MU is at least an 8 - 2. Theres no reason why Yun should ever lose to Elena.

/salt talk
Donnie Yen has a new movie coming out they want to promote. With the previous nerfs he was going to get (before they reverted them), he prob would have still been in the top 5.

Beat the #1 Evil Ryu on PSN in ranked a little bit ago. ANBU_Shoryu or something, not impressed at all.

There's a bunch of people with ANBU in front of their name and they all play a lot and have super high BP and they all suck.
They probably have dummy accounts they help each other boost with.

TheMink

What helped me is that instead of holding down Focus + ->,-> (which would cause me to lvl 1 sometimes) I started doing forward once and double tapping the focus buttons
(so its ->+. Focus,Focus) which seems to pop me out of focus MUCH faster and I never whiff a level 1. You have to tap the first forward and focus at the same time then immediately tap the second focus.

This is probably common knowledge but to me it was a revelation.

щ(ºДºщ)

Its going to take forever for me to stop doing the old way. I JUST got good with the normal way -_-

I was talking about him a while ago after seeing Beef talk about running into the #1 Hawk and how random he was. I've never played him, but I've watched several of his videos just because he's the #1 Evil Ryu and I wanted to see how good he was.

Dude is gimmicky as hell, and does a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense but he only uploads his wins where they work like empty jump into cr. LK > LK tatsu. No confirm, he just did it and expect it to work. He blows meter unnecessarily and doesn't even do optimized combos when he does. I've said it myself, I'm not impressed at all.

And Marz, we still haven't tried playing on Xbox Live yet. Hopefully I catch you this Wednesday to Sunday as I took several days off to watch EVO lol. Well unless your not available. Sames goes for Cobalt, haven't played you in a while either.

Coming from Marvel, I couldn't believe that SF let's you choose your opponent in ranked.

Masamuna

Except for some of the DSC/DCS crew most of the 'clan' tags are pretty suspect. I played one ANBU the other day that played mak/Rufus that was terrible. He kept asking for a rematch and after a few matches sent some broken English hate mail, and THEN tried to backpedal claiming I couldn't read. Yay.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
So guys, how is Gen in Ultra? He was my main up until Super when I went strictly Hakan. I was thinking of going back to him. Are there any particular changes to him I need to know or is he more or less the same?

cHaotix8

So guys, how is Gen in Ultra? He was my main up until Super when I went strictly Hakan. I was thinking of going back to him. Are there any particular changes to him I need to know or is he more or less the same?

Delayed wakeup hurt him a lot. He lost most of his setups because of it. I haven't seen any gen players since ultra dropped, nor am I sure of what they gave him to compensate for the nerfs. I know Xian has been struggling with him.

Marz

Donnie Yen has a new movie coming out they want to promote. With the previous nerfs he was going to get (before they reverted them), he prob would have still been in the top 5.

They probably have dummy accounts they help each other boost with.

Oh yea that's probably why, whats the point though?

I was talking about him a while ago after seeing Beef talk about running into the #1 Hawk and how random he was. I've never played him, but I've watched several of his videos just because he's the #1 Evil Ryu and I wanted to see how good he was.

Dude is gimmicky as hell, and does a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense but he only uploads his wins where they work like empty jump into cr. LK > LK tatsu. No confirm, he just did it and expect it to work. He blows meter unnecessarily and doesn't even do optimized combos when he does. I've said it myself, I'm not impressed at all.

And Marz, we still haven't tried playing on Xbox Live yet. Hopefully I catch you this Wednesday to Sunday as I took several days off to watch EVO lol. Well unless your not available. Sames goes for Cobalt, haven't played you in a while either.

Yea I think he did that on me a couple times and whiffed and I just was like what is this guy doing lol.

Yea, let's play friday or something, I think I still have LIVE I'll have to check.

Coming from Marvel, I couldn't believe that SF let's you choose your opponent in ranked.

Yea thinking about it now I guess you could just play people you know you can beat and get a lot of points easily, I've never seen the point though I'd rather play people same skill or better.

Except for some of the DSC/DCS crew most of the 'clan' tags are pretty suspect. I played one ANBU the other day that played mak/Rufus that was terrible. He kept asking for a rematch and after a few matches sent some broken English hate mail, and THEN tried to backpedal claiming I couldn't read. Yay.

Yea a while ago I played ANBU_Insanely or something and I beat his Oni with Sagat and then beat his Sagat with Adon and then he promptly sent me hatemail for no apparent reason, called me a masher for anti airing him a billion times.

heh i just beat like the #10 ken who, upon further research happens to be a banned gaffer.
i bet the farm on decapre's fierce hands to chip out in the last round. felt good since he knew to punish cr.mk xx jab hands on block with fierce dp.

El Sloth

Banned
Seems like Decapre's hands may not always be a true blockstring: https://www.facebook.com/nycfurby/posts/10203171697747879

Yeah, in some matchups crouching MK-->LP Rapid Dagger's first hit whiffs, or hits on a later active frame, creating a big enough gap for a reversal. Usually happens when canceling into it from the tip of cr.MK's range, which is, haha, exactly where you normally want to do it.
Yeah, I just ran another test. Each hit of Rapid Dagger has 2 active frames, and she inches forward during both frames. If you're at a distance, sometimes a slash will miss on its 1st active frame, move forward, then hit on its 2nd, creating a 1-frame gap for a reversal. It doesn't seem to happen often.

Jonogunn

I'm getting back into sf4

I stopped playing once sfxt came out and then injustice after that but I'm slowly making my way back into this game.

I main guile.

Dartastic

I really should learn how to use Yun. I like to press buttons too. That's kinda why I love Makoto.

I also wanna learn Dudley. I just wanna press buttonssssss.

Top Bottom