• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
cr.hp and fwd+hk are his other AA's. cr.hp is good for preventing up close jumpins/crossups and fwd+hk is good for farther away jumpins, though it's not used too much

His BnB is :

cr.lp, cr.lp, TC2 xx lk slash, FADC, c.mp, TC2 xx hk tatsu

if punishing replace c.lp, c.lp with c.mp or go straight into TC2.

if going meterless just replace FADC with a cancel into hk tatsu or light palm

end your TC2 with either hk tatsu for corner carry and dmg, FADC to extend for extra dmg or light palm for a hard knockdown

I dont play Oni, but I know how to do all his combos lol, so I cant really help you beyond this.

Hey, thanks very much! I'll try this stuff against my bud while we spar before things kick off tonight. I've been watching a few of Wao's matches (seems like he has a very solid Oni), and he seems to have a number of leads into TC2, but I'll stick with c.lp, c.lp for now. "Corner carry" - I like that. Oni seems really strong when bullying in the corner (again, a bit like Gouken).

I'm currently at the airport about to board my flight, guys. Wish me luck!
Good luck! Did you register with the same name as on here?

Thanks. I have a tendency to conserve my meter and try to rely on normals to anti air. It doesn't work too well since it seems like his j.hk is able stuff gouken's cr.hp pretty consistently. Will definitely use ex tatsu more.

You should definitely use it more.

so I'm on SF hiatus at the moment do to personal issues....but anyone here have a nice Fei? He's not really popular online (PSN) from most of my matches but he's my second character after Ken. Could definitely use a nice sparring buddy. Yesterday, I was going in on ranked, and PSN glitched up on me, and my PP points went down by over 300+ like I was disconnecting from the server. That, along with playing a bunch of scrubs who got wins off due to lag just pushed me over the edge. My Elisjah account was ranked number 10 Ken and I wanted to catch number 1 for a few days just to feel accomplished, but it might just be too annoying for me to sit through all the matches...

So I'm giving rank a break and just looking for some good friendly matches.

so I'm on SF hiatus at the moment do to personal issues....but anyone here have a nice Fei? He's not really popular online (PSN) from most of my matches but he's my second character after Ken. Could definitely use a nice sparring buddy. Yesterday, I was going in on ranked, and PSN glitched up on me, and my PP points went down by over 300+ like I was disconnecting from the server. That, along with playing a bunch of scrubs who got wins off due to lag just pushed me over the edge. My Elisjah account was ranked number 10 Ken and I wanted to catch number 1 for a few days just to feel accomplished, but it might just be too annoying for me to sit through all the matches...

So I'm giving rank a break and just looking for some good friendly matches.

I played you the other morning randomly on ranked lol I was using decapre. I hope you don't think I scrubbed out a win on you

Yea they're ucking dumb.

Even with the so-so connection we had..... GGS Dood. That Double KO game was crazy.
More like that double KO was salty for me lol. But yah GGs I'm surprised your sticking it out with Sagat.. Unless you were just counterpicking me...

Biochet

Guys, sorry if this is redundant but I have to ask

why is linking normals so fucking hard

Going from normal to special is easy, special to ultra easy, normal to ultra easy but linking that 2x s.LP to s.MP is nigh impossible.

Is there any wizardry that could help me?

Going from normal to special is easy, special to ultra easy, normal to ultra easy but linking that 2x s.LP to s.MP is nigh impossible.

Back button/select plinking?

xCobalt

What character? Have to make sure its actually possible to link those moves.

Marz

More like that double KO was salty for me lol. But yah GGs I'm surprised your sticking it out with Sagat.. Unless you were just counterpicking me...

Haha nah i wouldnt counterpick in endless. Sagat does good vs. Yun??

Yea probably will stay though too lazy to learn a new character.

I played you the other morning randomly on ranked lol I was using decapre. I hope you don't think I scrubbed out a win on you
oh no i'm pretty lousy versus her as I don't know her moves at all...

But I'm down to go and do some endless...

i just need to give ranked a rest, it's really frustrating me....i liked it better when it was just your class and BP...

PP points fluctuate so much when if finally get high into 3500 and up and then I lose to scrub, it's like gambling! Eff this stupid addictive crap that doesn't mean anything!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I see "Pre-Purchase Ultra Street Fighter IV" for $29.99 right under the digital upgrade option.

That just takes you to this page: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/46392/
which is a bundle for SSF4AE & the Ultra DLC.

Right...and then scroll down and there it is:

W7Fapfb.jpg

If you're not seeing this, I dunno. I was able to add that to the cart, too.

I think Poison is my new alt. She is really fun to use, pretty good damage, dat back dash, flip, and overhead, some good corner pressure, and safe after a lot of moves, I'm not used to having really safe stuff. Hell I never cared for fireball characters, but I'm having fun with her. Only real complaint is her dp is ass.

U1 is great, you can combo into it easily, has pretty good range and works well as an anti-air. U1 only downside is it scales hard, which really makes double ultra damage look abysmal. U2... it packs a punch, but has a range worse than guys throw, and lacks all the versatility of U1.

Anyone know of any top players that are using poison? Need to start doing my homework on her.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
51DOn20BW0L._SX600_.jpg

Ok guys, need help. I stripped one of the faceplate screws on my Hori, pictured here. Anyone know where I can get the same ones or do I just hit up Home Depot and hope I find something similar?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I havent played SF since ssf4 so i am SUPER RUSTY plus im using a ps3 controller. im learning poison and cody so if anyone wants to help me get better add me. east coast, psn is Arkfiend

I just played you on PSN. Can't believe you rage quit-- expect better from members here. :/

Hush you, I will wait until this update to rematch you. You're USF4 characters against my brokenly fair and balanced characters.

I have plenty of characters to use breh ;)

It's ultimately why balance changes don't phase me much, but I hate when they mess it up for others. I want everyone to enjoy their characters......even the ones I hate -_- ....fucking Ibuki. But yeah, there's always a character for me somewhere.

I have started playing E.Ryu pretty heavily. I'm still kinda shitty with him, but I'd love to get some mirrors going.

Martal

Neo Member
Just going to put myself out there as a noob who is looking for fights and sparring partners in Europe. Xbox 360 , GT ProperUniform39

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Went back to Gen, that old, sly bastard. God, I was missing EVERYTHING! And this was offline play against my only SF playing friend! MK>Hands was a pipe dream. Oga shenanigans? A myth. Soooo much to remember again. But damn is it fun. The technical aspect of stance switching just really appeals to me, same reason I loved Vanessa in VF.

So I've settled on Hugo, Decapre and Gen with random Oni thrown in for no good reason.

stn

Does anybody know if we'll get all the costumes for free when retail releases if we only have the PSN upgrade?
Nope, disc only.

Question regarding grapplers. I've only ever played grapplers in ST, used both Hawk and Gief. I want to try Hawk in USF4. How different is setting up tick SPD's than it used to be?

I have plenty of characters to use breh ;)

Yeah I know, but after going something like 5-30 against you the first and only time we played. I figure I should get a handicap whenever this update is released :p

As for Evil Ryu mirrors, sure I would love to. I actually like playing the mirror. I can try and play footsies and not worry about being at a disadvantage when I'm up close since it's a mirror. I enjoy Ryu matches as well but his 5f low forward makes me play more of a keep away game and to only try and throw my low forward at near max range.

ironmang

Nope, disc only.

Question regarding grapplers. I've only ever played grapplers in ST, used both Hawk and Gief. I want to try Hawk in USF4. How different is setting up tick SPD's than it used to be?

Will people who only have the upgrade be able to see the other costumes if their opponents pick them? Say, right now, I don't own any DLC and my opponent picks Alt 3 which doesn't show up on my side. Will they be updating it so I would see the costumes even if I don't own them? (like it is on 360)

Quick question.... I'm considering getting Ultra Street Fighter when it hits retail, but one thing I found terribly annoying was the need to unlock additional colors by playing as the relevant character umpteen times. Is that "feature" still there, or are all colors pre-unlocked in the Ultra version?

Marz

Nope, disc only.

Well delayed wake up messes up a lot of his setups off knockdown, but tick throws aren't really safe anyways so you would just use them in the same situations I feel like.

Nope, disc only.

Tick throws are better in almost every other fighting game because of the stupid as fuck way reversals work in this game. That said...I land quite a few.
Yeah I know, but after going something like 5-30 against you the first and only time we played. I figure I should get a handicap whenever this update is released :p

As for Evil Ryu mirrors, sure I would love to. I actually like playing the mirror. I can try and play footsies and not worry about being at a disadvantage when I'm up close since it's a mirror. I enjoy Ryu matches as well but his 5f low forward makes me play more of a keep away game and to only try and throw my low forward at near max range.

Is there a way to link into E.Ryu's cr.HP? I keep missing my combos because my opponent got hit while they were ducking.

Is there a way to link into E.Ryu's cr.HP? I keep missing my combos because my opponent got hit while they were ducking.

Not possible unless done meaty. His cr. LP and cr. MP are both +5 and are his most advantages normals on hit, cr. HP is a 6f start up so it's not possible. The only reliable way to combo into it is LK tatsu > cr. HP, but their is no reason to ever do that.

Against crouchers you'll just have to switch your combos up. If he's close, do cr. LP > cl. HP or cr. LP, cr. LP, SRK. If they're farther away, you gotta end the combo with a fireball, EX tatsu, LK axe kick, target combo, or go for a reset and try to sneak in a EX axe kick which doesn't combo from any of his far normals and is a overhead.

alstein

Well delayed wake up messes up a lot of his setups off knockdown, but tick throws aren't really safe anyways so you would just use them in the same situations I feel like.

Hawk gets most of his grabs off raw jump-ins or dash-ins, he can tick throw if the opponent respects that you won't do it, but that's rare.

zlatko

Banned
Which version of Abel was beast? Vanilla or Super? That version would be scary stuff. I remember Breathless in Super was some cheap stuff.

I'm a Rolento player so this wouldn't matter much to me if they add this online edition select mode.

Really though Capcom needs to get on with making SF5 or Capcom vs SNK 3. I'll settle for a Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 as well.

Top Bottom