• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

denshuu

Ok

Ok.

So question. I'm thinking of buying this game for PC. I already own this for xbox, however I would have to pay to play this online, and some other thing with a new memory unit or whatever. Its dumb, and it would be cheaper just to buy it here and not pay for live at this point.

The question, how is the online for pc, community i mean is it worth while. Is it all super good dudes or scrubs or whatever. What are we working with here?

I haven't been able to reliably find random matches on PC in like two years, and the vast majority of people playing it seem to be European.

Skilletor

I haven't been able to reliably find random matches on PC in like two years, and the vast majority of people playing it seem to be European.

I find matches all the time on PC. I stopped playing on consoles long ago. Rarely ever have a bad connection, either.

Yun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFLgZRS5VSM

"There were times when it just felt too difficult to get in on the opponent"

Are you shittin' me???

lol

I thought the same thing. I wonder because the nerf to Sim's standing medium punch, Yun can punish any followup attack with EX lunge into ultra. But don't worry Yun player, you are safe on block and that spacing Sim was fighting for is no more. That would be HILARIOUS. :(

stn

Yeah, some of the changes were RIDICULOUS. Yun and Cammy players were "finding it hard" to get in, LOL. Hilarious. I only WISH I could play those people in ST and show them what it really means to not be able to get in.

Yun has the lunge, a dive kick, and a good jump for getting in. Cammy has an amazing walkspeed and excellent j. rh. EX lunge being +1 on block is stupid, I know it costs meter but it should be 0 on block at minimum.

jlai

Characters like Makoto, Cody and Dudley aren't that bad: touch of death if they reach you all the same, but they've vulnerable to Sim's poke at least. Even Rufus is alright-ish due to his size. Facing someone like AE Cammy or Yun however is torture.

IMO Mak-Sim is the worst matchup in the game. No real safe space on the screen at all since all of sim's pokes can actually can be counterpoked and option selected into ex hayate from anywhere. Not to mention U2 shutting down fireballs and mak's incredibly high stun/dmg output

We can play the matchup if you'd like :p

Shouta

Lunge Punch change was probably from from the JP devs. There's no way Combofiend would hate everyone enough to suggest that change for Yun, lol

DR2K

Banned
Didn't know Rolento would have an extra alt

I believe they all the new characters have alts that are different than the pro order ones.

Robot Pants

Holy shit yea this Steam version of the game has some major bugs.
The audio is all fucked up. All other sound effects get lowered once a match starts and all you can hear is the announcer at full volume.
Also I played one ranked match only, and I just unlocked every achievement.

Also it's got some other lag issues.
If this is what ultra is gonna be like on PC I'm gonna pass

Westlo

smh but Ken is looking good. Even though the punishable sweep is something Ken players are gonna flip about

Ken at best will be as good as he is right now. All his buffs are countered by the loss of his setups due to DWU. He gets more nerfed by DWU than Ibuki or Cammy (who can adapt to it) do which is just ridiculous, especially when he's nowhere near as strong as them to boot.

Ken is for the most part a low combo damage character (and no +10 dmg to fireball and f.srk doesn't fix that) who relied on ambiguous setups after knockdown. The reason he was always mid tier except for AE was because he could only rely on a throw to start his vortex. In AE where he was Top 5 or Top 7 he could combo into sweep which was massive for his offense.

Combo into sweep in AE = MASSIVE!!!! Took him from mid tier to high tier alone (because he got fuck all buffs apart from that and even some nerfs like being able to block air ex tatsu while crouching)

Combo into sweep in Ultra = meh...useful but not a tier changing buff and it now is -8 on block. Would rather combo into F.SRK which is more dmg over sweep (an extra 10 as well in Ultra) and gives soft oki mixup.

His walkspeed and U2 buffs are probably the only real buffs of note for Ken. M.SRK 1st hit launching and cl st mk hitbox buff are more fixes. dmg changes are laughable, especially fake u1 now (the ken change vid showed an extra 20 dmg for that combo, keep in mind f.srk also had a +10 dmg buff... lol), overhead on block change is near meaningless, already talked about sweep and than he got hit with nerfs. System wide nerfs yes but other characters affected by system changes got way more buffed than Ken, like Ibuki.

vg260

Holy shit yea this Steam version of the game has some major bugs.
The audio is all fucked up. All other sound effects get lowered once a match starts and all you can hear is the announcer at full volume.
Also I played one ranked match only, and I just unlocked every achievement.

Also it's got some other lag issues.
If this is what ultra is gonna be like on PC I'm gonna pass

Well this version kinda becomes obsolete next week and there are two months to work on these issues before PC Ultra. It's good they did this conversion now.

But yeah, I was afraid of new lag/connection issues popping up. Game ran well enough on GFWL despite its other flaws.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I remember McVlad sending me game invites 24/7 and I did not answer to any single one. I'll play you now.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Now that SSFIV AE has no more GFWL anyone gonna get together online?

Should probably wait on that since AE apparently getting blown the fuck up in the move from GFWL to steamworks. Netcode worse and jittery, stuttering online and off, audio issues, lighting issues, etc.

People comparing it to the PS3 version now.

Seijuro

Is there any way for an European Xbox 360-Player to get the preorder-costumes for the DLC-version of USF4? I've seen the preorder-download with the bonus at the US gamestop.com store, but not at the european stores...

any word if/when they go on sale if one can't get a digital preorder?

Nabs

I'm not too worried about the PC version since QLOC is handling development. I'm sure they'll figure everything out soon.

Does anyone have both the GFWL and Steam versions of AE installed? Can you play a bit of both and compare your CPU usage? I feel like the new version is using more than usual, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Xevren

Should probably wait on that since AE apparently getting blown the fuck up in the move from GFWL to steamworks. Netcode worse and jittery, stuttering online and off, audio issues, lighting issues, etc.

People comparing it to the PS3 version now.

Hearing this makes me sad :(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm not too worried about the PC version since QLOC is handling development. I'm sure they'll figure everything out soon.

Does anyone have both the GFWL and Steam versions of AE installed? Can you play a bit of both and compare your CPU usage? I feel like the new version is using more than usual, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Oh QLOC is doing the Steamworks conversion? No worries then it'll be fixed.
I'll test it since I still have the GFWL version installed though.

Seems about the same?

Didn't know where else to ask this. I re-downloaded AE and are you not supposed to be able to turn off audio from the options? On the lowest setting, which most would assume is off, it still plays music.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Did they improve Ken's Ultra 2 for easier fireball punishes? I can't remember if that was one of the scrapped changes.

Since this thread is the most active,

Anybody know how to easily follow up a burnkick combo with either a roundhouse kick or a heavy thunder knuckle?

I know you are supposed to finish the combo with a m. burnkick extremely close to the ground, but I can only seem to get the heavy t. Knuckle out 70% of the time I think I've done it correctly. can't get the roundhouse.

This mostly for style but shoot.. I wanna know.

Did they improve Ken's Ultra 2 for easier fireball punishes? I can't remember if that was one of the scrapped changes.

Yea they did. It seems like most anti fireball ultras were fixed.

Balrog - Can do a straight as the last hit of Ultra 1
Deejay - First two kicks on U1 got more distance
Dudley - U1 has more range
Ken - U2 has more range
Chun - U1 float fixed
Bison - U2 has less charge time
Makoto - U2 Projectile invincibility

LowParry

If I can get my info updated in the OP, Kadey.

Steam = chrismunx

Thanks in advance! And damn I'm rusty at this game. Time to get my Claw back in shape.

Artanisix

Guys I have a really important question

who is the buffest fgc pro player??? is it drew grimey or is there buffer

this is important please help

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yea they did. It seems like most anti fireball ultras were fixed.

Balrog - Can do a straight as the last hit of Ultra 1
Deejay - First two kicks on U1 got more distance
Dudley - U1 has more range
Ken - U2 has more range
Chun - U1 float fixed
Bison - U2 has less charge time
Makoto - U2 Projectile invincibility

Good to know.

For Ken, it moves faster horizontally, right? It already went several screens across.

Now that we have the list of final changes from Arcade to console release of Ultra how long do you think its going to take them to do one more small emergency change list? Seems very likely.

I know that these final console changes are causing quite a bit of rage (mostly directed at Yun buffs and Makoto "nerfs"). Hopefully sooner than later since Evo is coming up rather soon.

Onemic

Now that we have the list of final changes from Arcade to console release of Ultra how long do you think its going to take them to do one more small emergency change list? Seems very likely.

Not happening

Knee jerk balance patches are terrible. There will be at the very least a good 5 - 6 months if another balance patch comes.

Are the 5 new ultra characters only getting one alt costume ( not counting the preorder ones ) ?

You get another one if you have a save file from SfxT

I know that these final console changes are causing quite a bit of rage (mostly directed at Yun buffs and Makoto "nerfs"). Hopefully sooner than later since Evo is coming up rather soon.

Pls fix Deejay capcom.

I really do feel like they'll buff Sagat back up.. too many high level players use him.

Top Bottom