• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Stabbotsford, aka Ryan Gosling, as Marn calls him and JamashaWalker

JamashaWalker made me laugh at NWM because he just randomly pulled his shirt off even though he was losing Dude wore a shirt to the last monthly before NWM where it would purposefully bust open when he flexed. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmXymNaFXJ0

Weird to see a StreetFighter character play Marvel
Hilarious. Did he or KillerKai start the trend of shirtless Marvel?

Now that we have the list of final changes from Arcade to console release of Ultra how long do you think its going to take them to do one more small emergency change list? Seems very likely.

I know that these final console changes are causing quite a bit of rage (mostly directed at Yun buffs and Makoto "nerfs"). Hopefully sooner than later since Evo is coming up rather soon.
It really surprises me the number of people complaining about Yun's buffs. The only major buff he got was ex lunge punch +1 on block again, while I'd say buffing Viper to actually have footsies is much more dangerous. His +10 damage buffs are nice but not game changers, and his "cross-up" mk looks super wonky. Here's a video showing how easy it is to stop ex lunge punch (skip to 2:01 beginning really is filler)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx7zdwnY7BE
Also with regards to the change list they have been working on this forever, and are even patching the arcade version so I'll doubt they will repatch the game unless they do it when (or if) USF4 is released on next gen consoles.

Not happening

Knee jerk balance patches are terrible. There will be at the very least a good 5 - 6 months if another balance patch comes.

I honestly hope they don't personally, things seem fine to me now. You can't always please everyone with these balance I'd rather them use the resources to begin work on a new fighter unless there is something game breaking that needs fixing.

Shouta

Weird to see a StreetFighter character play Marvel
Hilarious. Did he or KillerKai start the trend of shirtless Marvel?

Jamasha has been doing it for awhile, even before KillerKai did it, I think. It's just Kai is more famous because of streams and everyone hatin' on the PNW. Jamasha also plays Pokemon and Smash too as I recall, though I haven't seen him take off his shirt for that, lol.

Onemic

It really surprises me the number of people complaining about Yun's buffs. The only major buff he got was ex lunge punch +1 on block again, while I'd say buffing Viper to actually have footsies is much more dangerous. His +10 damage buffs are nice but not game changers, and his "cross-up" mk looks super wonky. Here's a video showing how easy it is to stop ex lunge punch (skip to 2:01 beginning really is filler)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx7zdwnY7BE
Also with regards to the change list they have been working on this forever, and are even patching the arcade version so I'll doubt they will repatch the game unless they do it when (or if) USF4 is released on next gen consoles.

It's because people(NA specifically) hate Yun. No one complained about Viper's buffs and shes on another level of stupid compared to him.

Horseress

Online on PC still feels a bit laggy, but I usually play on PSN, so nothing I'm not used to.

Anyway, playing on PC is so much better than on PS3! I know everybody knows it, but I'm playing it on PC for the first time now, feels so much better

And being able to change names all the time is awesome

Ultra SFIV and EA UFC demo on the same day

AND I'M OFF

iMRIEPnGvUb9y.gif

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Online on PC still feels a bit laggy, but I usually play on PSN, so nothing I'm not used to.

Anyway, playing on PC is so much better than on PS3! I know everybody knows it, but I'm playing it on PC for the first time now, feels so much better

And being able to change names all the time is awesome

Hopefully it'll get smooth as least as it was on GFWL as more patches roll in( or even better).

explodet

Preloading broke the game on PS3. Nobody is playing. :(
Yeah, it was a huge hassle getting everything setup to play AE2012 again.
Had to delete installed data, store app broke so I had to go into transaction history, only played like 5 guys online in total.

I also updated, doesn't seem like it was a good idea now from reading the last page or so. Not a big deal since I'll be on PS3 and 360 almost exclusively starting midnight on Tuesday.

Tizoc

Which ver. of FeiLong's flying kick can you combo off of? I'm interested in knowing the damage off of this combo if it is possible:
Jumping HK/HP>Standing HP>Flying Kick>Standing HP>Flame Kick FADC>Ultra 1

TheRook

I also updated, doesn't seem like it was a good idea now from reading the last page or so. Not a big deal since I'll be on PS3 and 360 almost exclusively starting midnight on Tuesday.
You'll get to play Monday Night if your on PS3(If you pre-ordered).

Which ver. of FeiLong's flying kick can you combo off of? I'm interested in knowing the damage off of this combo if it is possible:
Jumping HK/HP>Standing HP>Flying Kick>Standing HP>Flame Kick FADC>Ultra 1

Juggling into chicken wing works on all but 10 characters I believe. And their are some character specifics. Like HK CW might not work on one character, but MK CW will. Someone made a youtube video and it was posted on SRK a while back but I have no idea what name it went by.

As for the combo, it doesn't work. Chicken wing won't combo off any normal. It use to in AE with cl. MP against a few characters but they took that away because the damage was just ridiculous can could easily be landed off a command throw. But he could do j. HK, cl. HP, MK flame kick, MK chicken wing, Ultra 1 for 516 damage.

You'll get to play Monday Night if your on PS3(If you pre-ordered).

I did, I thought it doesn't come out until midnight on the East Coast though? I think that means West coast gets it at 9 and the other two time zones get it an hour or two later. Is that right?

Tizoc

Juggling into chicken wing works on all but 10 characters I believe. And their are some character specifics. Like HK CW might not work on one character, but MK CW will. Someone made a youtube video and it was posted on SRK a while back but I have no idea what name it went by.

As for the combo, it doesn't work. Chicken wing won't combo off any normal. It use to in AE with cl. MP against a few characters but they took that away because the damage was just ridiculous can could easily be landed off a command throw. But he could do j. HK, cl. HP, MK flame kick, MK chicken wing, Ultra 1 for 516 damage.

Thanks for the info, yeah the combo you posted last must be the one I was thinking of heh.

The OP doesn't have any date for just the upgrade on Steam, is that going to be released around the same time as the full game on Steam?

It's launching with console retail versions.
I know the full PC version is. But there hasn't been any word on the upgrade for PC, or if it even exists as far as I know, so I was giving the date I'd found for that.
The upgrade's at the same time as retail. It's clear they need the time to work on it anyway right now.
Okay, good to know, thank you.

And yeah, they need to do some work. Dunno how they broke what they did, but I guess that's for Capcom/QLOC(?) to figure out.

Raitaro

Looking forward to (casually) dive into this game again (on PS3 probably), though I would not mind to never see that training stage again in matches.

After firing up all three versions of Street Fighter III again on Dreamcast this past week in anticipation, I was reminded again by how much the overall presentation and atmosphere of those games matter to me when it comes my overall enjoyment and urge to play them (next to controls and mechanics of course).

The Street Fighter IV series has always been a bit of mixed bag on that front, leaning a bit too heavily on nostalgia to feel fresh at least, but it's fighting on that bland training stage that takes the cake. (And yes, I know why it was included and why many prefer to choose it due to the framerate etc. but still).

Anyone tested the damage differences in combos into Ultra in W-mode?

Characters are separated into two different percentiles(75 and 60) depending on how good their Ultras are in utility. So if a characters Ultra does 500 damage, his W-Ultra version would do either 300 or 375 depending on which percentile he is in.

Anyways I've been playing online a bit on PSN to get ready for the console release since it will be on PSN first for a good while before it hits 360. And I must admit, it's not as bad as I remember. I remember it being absolutely horrid and unplayable no matter who I faced. But it actually felt fine compared to PC. The loading times were longer, that I noticed. But the lag didn't seem bad at all.

I also went and looked through some of my replays. I have some going all the way back to April 2010 when SSF4 first came out. Man I'm still ass right now, but I'm horrified at how bad I was back then. Jumping so much, always trying to get that cross up. Pressing random buttons and not confirming into anything. It was kind of fun to go back and watch that stuff though.

Go play jlai and you might rethink that :p

IMO Mak-Sim is the worst matchup in the game. No real safe space on the screen at all since all of sim's pokes can actually can be counterpoked and option selected into ex hayate from anywhere. Not to mention U2 shutting down fireballs and mak's incredibly high stun/dmg output

We can play the matchup if you'd like :p
I used to play V-Ryu back in the day, for what little that's worth. I won a few games (overall minority however) as well as a few close calls, and even with him being a far better player than me facing Makoto still felt more manageable than being pummeled around by Yun, Cammy or Juri. The last is a personal demon of mine if anything though, since I just couldn't comprehend the match-up back then against a good one.

I'm too awful now though to put up a decent fight against virtually anyone, what with me hardly putting time into the game. Plus I really need to learn how to use an arcade stick so that I don't wear out the 360's analog stick.

cackhyena

For the absurd amount of time I've put into SF4 over the years, You'd think I'd have payed more attention to what Ultra is all about. Seeing that Desk video, I'm kinda blown away at the possibilities with almost everyone. Crazy what little changes can do. Also, is it guaranteed (if you have three bars) that you get a crumple off of Red Focus in a combo every time no matter what? I only knew of it for absorbing a lot of attacks. I assume in a combo isn't used much because of how much scaling there is.

El Sloth

Banned
For the absurd amount of time I've put into SF4 over the years, You'd think I'd have payed more attention to what Ultra is all about. Seeing that Desk video, I'm kinda blown away at the possibilities with almost everyone. Crazy what little changes can do. Also, is it guaranteed (if you have three bars) that you get a crumple off of Red Focus in a combo every time no matter what? I only knew of it for absorbing a lot of attacks. I assume in a combo isn't used much because of how much scaling there is.
Red Focus crumples no matter what level. It's also 2 bars. You only need 3 bars for a Red FADC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaqfQvOOQGw

So, this desk video...

The music is credited as "Blast Furnace Stage", but it's much more like "SFxT Blast Furnace Stage: Tron Legacy Remix".

Is this in-game stage music in Ultra?
Probably, considering the video doubles as an advert for Ultra.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Stupid question: Has anyone who pre-ordered and downloaded the DLC on PS3 tried changing the system date to 6/3 or 6/4?

Top Bottom