• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Ceezsa

Finally synced my Amazon Key with Steam. Remembered I couldn't do it when I first bought the game. Then I noticed no one was playing on Live, everyone is on Steam now. It brought over all my LIVE data and Guile went from rank 100 to 31.

Is it me or is there a some serious network issues playing on steam. I get a lot of matches where it says "Trying to Connect to Player" as I am about to win. At first I thought people were trying to quit before a loss but occurred to often and makes me wonder.

My most favorite outfit.

28_usf4summercostumes29.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sagat with wig is a sacrilege... not to forget that pesky Blanka alt and ganguro Sakura *shudders*. In general most of the costumes are really bad with a few exceptions. The only thing USF4 needs for full bad are neon colors.

Going to agree with the plumber Rolento. That costume is amazing.

So hypothetically speaking who would you guys use if Edition Select were standard?

Super Dhalsim

Woof, some of those costumes... oh well at least Blankas is simple and stupid, and I am happy for that.

I see a lot of complaints on the netcode, are most of you on ps3? I've been on 360 and its been pretty solid for me.

Ehhh I like most of the outfits, but then again I don't mind goofy stupid shit because the game, and most fighting games in general, are goofy and stupid.

I got my ass kicked online last night by one of the best players I've ever gone up against. I beat him twice and he beat me down 10 times. And he did it with authority. I've never gotten destroyed like that before. Never. I hope I come across him again. I think I'll at least be better prepared.

Well not super serious, but it isn't over the top goofy or anything.

Like when I play Ryu vs. Akuma at Old Temple I'm not sitting there thinking wow this shit is corny.

Well it's just what you said "People die, there's demons, revenge etc." can be applied to at least 3 other series.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Like when I play Ryu vs. Akuma at Old Temple I'm not sitting there thinking wow this shit is corny.

Yup. Choosing camp over atmosphere will have me thinking that aplenty.

nded

Two almost identical guys throwing fireballs and twirling at each other seems pretty corny to me. It's also funny whenever Akuma squats and the red, wavy stink lines appear on him or when he glides across the floor to hug and kiss someone to death.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I think what gets to me is coming from 3s to SF4 in general. Im not sure i ever got over the shellshock of all the cosmetic changes. Character models are pretty hit or miss. Some look great (chun, rog, the twins) while some are just fucking awful (im looking at you gief/blanka...and kens' hair..what the hell happened there?). But most of all I lament the loss of great impactful music. We went from 'Lets get it on now select and make the first pick' to...hell i dont even remember any music except 'indestructible', and that includes the character themes. There's no punch, no attitude. Even the stage design mostly flat and uninspired (i like overpass, the market and the temple doe). I've gotten used to it all but there's no doubt imo that the series lost some personality.

Marz

Well it's just what you said "People die, there's demons, revenge etc." can be applied to at least 3 other series.

Oh yea I suppose. Tekken's story is kind of ridiculous but if you ignore that and remove like a couple goofy characters from the roster it would be pretty serious feeling IMO.

Don't really know much about other fighters but I always felt like SF, KoF weren't even close to as goofy as games like sfxt and Marvel.

Two almost identical guys throwing fireballs and twirling at each other seems pretty corny to me. It's also funny whenever Akuma squats and the red, wavy stink lines appear on him or when he glides across the floor to hug and kiss someone to death.

If you think raging demons aren't cool as fuck then I really have nothing to tell you...

Grakl

I think what gets to me is coming from 3s to SF4 in general. Im not sure i ever got over the shellshock of all the cosmetic changes. Character models are pretty hit or miss. Some look great (chun, rog, the twins) while some are just fucking awful (im looking at you gief/blanka...and kens' hair..what the hell happened there?). But most of all I lament the loss of great impactful music. We went from 'Lets get it on now select and make the first pick' to...hell i dont even remember any music except 'indestructible', and that includes the character themes. There's no punch, no attitude. Even the stage design mostly flat and uninspired (i like overpass, the market and the temple doe). I've gotten used to it all but there's no doubt imo that the series lost some personality.

You gotta turn on special music or whatever in options. Most of the characters have great themes.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You gotta turn on special music or whatever in options. Most of the characters have great themes.

I did. Some of the tracks just lost something in translation to SF4. They knocked Guile's theme out of the park, meanwhile Rog's theme sounds like something you'd hear if you were on a ferris wheel.

Chun is Gief / Blanka levels of bad too, although we're well past her Thumb-Li phase at least:

chunli.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Best Costumes from new batch:

*Balrog. Not even a Balrog player but WOW that looks so fucking cool.

*Sagat. So much classy King stuff here.

*Guy. Love it.

*Cammy. Not a Cammy player, don't like her moveset, but holy shit this outfit makes me want to main here. Whoever designed this deserves a raise. Super great work!

Worst Costume:

*Decapre....why?Just...Why? I guess her executioner goth one is so bad ass they had nowhere else to go but down in terms of quality but this right here is hot dog shit.

*Dee Jay. Worst in the game and now he can have the outfit to back it up. Lordy...

*Rufus. Fire the dip shit who made this. Why not give him a classy outfit like Bob from Tekken? I would've loved to see a Bob inspired outfit on Rufus.

hitsugi

Best Costumes from new batch:

*Guy. Love it.

You can't really make Guy look bad.

Also, now that they've done a new Strider game they should really get the o-k from Moto Kikaku to do the god damn Strider alt for him that people have been asking for since Super.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You can't really make Guy look bad.

Also, now that they've done a new Strider game they should really get the o-k from Moto Kikaku to do the god damn Strider alt for him that people have been asking for since Super.

You cant. Bushin is always beautiful. Although I would have preferred a strider alt.

Half of the new costumes I like or think they're OK. The other half I think they're bad or awful. I need a better look at some of them like Evil Ryu's. I'm not sure what to think of it yet. Some of them are really bizarre though and I have to wonder who the fuck would approve of them.

Top Bottom