• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Fantasmo

Wait for Steam sales on the DLC? You'll probably see one in the Winter for at least 25%.
Capcom is very hit or miss with sales. Costumes alone is going to cost around $45 even with a sale, I can just feel it. I can't believe I'm basing my decision on costumes and not gameplay. I feel so violated!!!!!!!
Documents - Capcom - SUPERSTREETFIGHTERIV

I don't know how to find your name in Steam, though.

Friends > Add a Friend > Barbara Streisand > Add the one with Bionic Joe pointing avatar

All I see is RenderingThread in the ini. ProcessingThread doesn't exist. Do I have to put it there myself? Where did you find this information? Thanks.

CO_Andy

Anyone run into this bug on Steamworks version of SSF4:AE? PC version you can press start at the versus screen to skip all the loading, but in arcade mode by the 4th match when i press start to skip, my start becomes the second player start button.

PS:playing arcade mode for achievement...
Nope. Can't say i have run into this problem. I play the arcade mode as practice every week.

Fantasmo

What gets my goat is that I can't leave a game. Let's say I lose and I'm host and the next players want to play and are smashing the Ready button right away, I'm forced to watch until I get a minute to leave. How annoying!

Anteo

So I preordered this game on steam and I somehow got AE too. It's a lot of fun, but I really need an arcade stick or something, the xbox controller I got sucks for this game

So I preordered this game on steam and I somehow got AE too. It's a lot of fun, but I really need an arcade stick or something, the xbox controller I got sucks for this game

I understand most people seem to prefer arcade sticks, but they've really never clicked with me. Standard controllers all day every day for me.

Onemic

I dunno if this dude in ranked that keeps facing me really wants that one win or actually just wants to face me because he likes the match...it's been 10 wins in a row now

EDIT: finally took a game and he's still rematching, guess he just likes the matchup

Fantasmo

So the game crashed to desktop with no error at all and the window closed while I was in an online match. I really hope they fix the Steam related bugs as time goes on.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm grateful it got the Steam treatment as I much prefer Steam to GFWL (and the player count seems to be higher also), but these types of things never happened with GFWL.

Onemic

After 2 years of suffering I've finally reached my goal. Got 3kpp today! I remember when I thought that getting to 1kpp was the biggest achievement ever.

....and now I can retire from ranked forever

until I get Ultra on PC less than a week from now :(

hypernima

Banned
After 2 years of suffering I've finally reached my goal. Got 3kpp today! I remember when I thought that getting to 1kpp was the biggest achievement ever.

....and now I can retire from ranked forever

until I get Ultra on PC less than a week from now :(

I can't even get past 1400. I suck too much. BTW this is the first time i've been on ultra in weeks, it feels different for some reason.

Anteo

I understand most people seem to prefer arcade sticks, but they've really never clicked with me. Standard controllers all day every day for me.

I played SSFIV for a long time in the 3ds. The d-pad is okay for the game. The one on the xbox is awful and I cant get use to the analog stick.

I played SSFIV for a long time in the 3ds. The d-pad is okay for the game. The one on the xbox is awful and I cant get use to the analog stick.

The Xbox D-pad is univerally awful for anything aside from quick-selections for action games and the like. When I played Street Fighter on Xbox, I would always use the analog. That D-pad would murder thumbs.

Coda

I wish I could play better on pad, it's way more comfortable but I'm way more of a threat playing on a stick than the pad.

Kaleinc

Banned
Anyone run into this bug on Steamworks version of SSF4:AE? PC version you can press start at the versus screen to skip all the loading, but in arcade mode by the 4th match when i press start to skip, my start becomes the second player start button.

Doesn't it happen in gfwl version as well? After all these years I didn't finish arcade mode to watch those shitty cutscenes.
A new player has entered the ring, fuuuuu alt+f4.

ArjanN

Check the button configs for the different players maybe?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno if this dude in ranked that keeps facing me really wants that one win or actually just wants to face me because he likes the match...it's been 10 wins in a row now

EDIT: finally took a game and he's still rematching, guess he just likes the matchup

You mean rematching as in searching for you/only letting you in his lobby, right?
There's no hidden rematch button in ranked that I missed the memo for...?

Anyway, no point in trying to second guess online warriors.
If you wanna play a dude again, do it. If you don't, don't. You've got your reasons, he's got his.

I had a great evening using my crappy Oni last night. Such a fun character.
I'm a Gouken enthusiast and have never really put time into a "traditional shoto", so it's interesting learning the more basic mechanics and training myself not to DP just because I can. His tools and mixup/reset game are also quite different to Gouken's, and his combos are satisfying in a different way.

Feels like a brand new game, mang. Never thought I'd get so much joy out of a character that is essentially "Evil Akuma".

Westlo

Hope the netcode is good for Ultra PC, really hard to play 360 Ultra in Aus since the netcode took a signicant hit imo.... or everyone I played in Super, AE and 2012 as well as myself all got shitter internet.

V_Arnold

Quick question, folks!
If I buy an USFIV PC, and have no DVD-rom....do I just have a cd-key which I can activate on steam? Or am I screwed?

Has there been any more word on whether or not we actually will get extra combo trials for Ultra's retail release? There's not been much mention of it lately.

alstein

No reason you can't play more than one character. But if you're better with Cammy, maybe she should be your main?

Except too many people main Cammy already.

Should be other way around, Juri is really scumbag in this game. Almost Yun-level scumbag. They destroy honest characters.

Armaly

That's a steam bug I get all the time. It happens when you shift tab to open steam overlay then press start to skip a scene. I recommend avoiding shift tabbing because I don't think there is an actual fix for this.

Ronabo

Yay!

My retail release is on it's way from Amazon. Should be here sometime today/tomorrow.

Time to dust of my stick :)

emb

Yay!

My retail release is on it's way from Amazon. Should be here sometime today/tomorrow.

Time to dust of my stick :)
Same here!

Well, idk if it shipped yet. But I put in an order last night, and I'm looking forward to messing around with this.

Top Bottom