• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

mbpm1

So, anyone knows if they fixed the shitty steamworks netcode from AE2012?

Played today and yesterday, still noticeably worse but occasionally playable. Only 1 in 5 or 6 games has a "waiting for player" message storm. The rest have no message or only one message per game.

So...not really.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Played today and yesterday, still noticeably worse but occasionally playable. Only 1 in 5 or 6 games has a "waiting for player" message storm. The rest have no message or only one message per game.

So...not really.

Jesus...

Guess no purchase for me. Sorry FightingPC-GAF I won't be able to haunt you with my lag :p

I've held off purchasing SF4 IV, now is the perfect time to get this. Can't wait 'til tomorrow!

I haven't played since Super SFIV. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

I played the previous versions on 360, and I'm going to be getting this on PS3. Am I going to have to unlock every god damn color and taunt again?

Is it normal to have people keep rejoining you in Ranked? I swear the past few days I've been fighting the same people oer and over again. First it was some Ken player (20 minutes straight, I wanted to play someone else by game 5), then Rose, now a Fei Long. Leave me alone, I wanna play other people. :(

EDIT: WTF, he found me after I made this post. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Is it normal to have people keep rejoining you in Ranked? I swear the past few days I've been fighting the same people oer and over again. First it was some Ken player (20 minutes straight, I wanted to play someone else by game 5), then Rose, now a Fei Long. Leave me alone, I wanna play other people. :(

play on Xbox. More variety and good connection. It'll be like Goku taking off his training weights

bren

Neo Member

It's pretty normal if you're having good matches, of course. If you don't want to play the dude any more just kick him and he'll get the idea.

Kinda unrelated but I wish there was a better lobby system in USF4. Playing AE and this dude joins me literally any time I'm on, changing his screen name and saying I'm a faggot for kicking him when I'm clearly no match lol. Wish I could block.

Why don't you search for a game instead?

alstein

I was hoping to get 3k BP before Ultra launch, but got stuck at 2.5k.

It is much harder now, esp with my main in the past being reduced to sub Dee-Jay tier. I'm being forced to learn someone new.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Curious, Is a Vanilla SFIV save file still required to have Colors 11 and 12 for the Ultra edition?

Would like to know this as well. I have a physical copy of Ultra coming for PS3 and was hoping to delete all the older SF game data.

Arrg. That's a bummer. Well, it'll have the opposite effect, because now instead of getting the upgrade now, I'll just wait and get the full version "sooner or later".

Goliath

Hey everyone,

Finally buying USF4. Can anyone explain the mechanic difference between arcade edition and this. I remember reading about the red focus thing. What is it and what is it used for? Thanks for any help.

FINALLY got my first hate/ragemail in Ultra! After 5-0ing a guy and leaving the lobby to go to work, I was disappointed to find that it only said 'keep mashing.' I'm not sure what i was mashing with decapre, i have pretty clean inputs on cr.mk xx hands.
i got excited and just replied that i was "obviously mashing the win button :)" but i felt like there was a missed opportunity there to be more snarky lol

Grakl

FINALLY got my first hate/ragemail in Ultra! After 5-0ing a guy and leaving the lobby to go to work, I was disappointed to find that it only said 'keep mashing.' I'm not sure what i was mashing with decapre, i have pretty clean inputs on cr.mk xx hands.
i got excited and just replied that i was "obviously mashing the win button :)" but i felt like there was a missed opportunity there to be more snarky lol

lmao that comeback is so goober-y

mbpm1

The only time i had hatemail was when I tried out Ibuki for online for a day and beat an Akuma. He then switched to Ibuki, who was apparently his main, and I still clutched it out twice with my shitty-no vortex no combo Freebuki. He was so mad he had to add me on Steam as a "friend" to tell me to kill myself lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
all right! digital upgrade acquired. now to wait until the 8th. :p

The only time i had hatemail was when I tried out Ibuki for online for a day and beat an Akuma. He then switched to Ibuki, who was apparently his main, and I still clutched it out twice with my shitty-no vortex no combo Freebuki. He was so mad he had to add me on Steam as a "friend" to tell me to kill myself lol

hahaha that's classic

vg260

So, is there not a full digital version on the 360? I just read Capcom's PR and it sounds like there's only a bundle on the PS3 & PC, not a full standalone Ultra. The 360 never does re-released digital versions of older games like MK Komplete, Injustice Ultimate, etc, so I guess this is not surprising, except that their original PR said there would be one. It is weird, though that the PS3 would only get a bundle, since they do have full re-releases of games.

tariniel

Really hoping that USF4 PC has good/better netcode. The only reason I haven't pre-ordered is because I always hear how terrible it is for AE right now. I've been itching to play lately! I blame Evo.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wish Capcom would throw the costume packs on sale today when PSN updates a promotional tie-in for the retail disc with all costumes.

I have the upgrade version, don't regret it, but would like some of the alt looks.

I have gotten more hatemail in the last 2 weeks as Hakan than I have my entire time playing Blanka. Dat Hakan vortex can be pretty brutal.

Waiting on the guide atm, I don't really need it, but I'm a sucker for street fighter stuff.

TheShah

I remember Capcom saying that there would be new trials for all the characters at some point. Are they on the retail disc?

Wiseblade

I have gotten more hatemail in the last 2 weeks as Hakan than I have my entire time playing Blanka. Dat Hakan vortex can be pretty brutal.

Waiting on the guide atm, I don't really need it, but I'm a sucker for street fighter stuff.

I wish I still got Fuerte hatemail. Nowadays I just get GGs after beating someone 5-0.

Onemic

I almost never get hatemail now....Quite weird compared to when I first started out and I'd get hatemail all the time for losing.....because people really wanted to rub it into my sub 1000pp face that I sucked.

Is anyone like me with these games? I've been playing street fighter since I was a kid, grew up playing it and stomping all my friends, then sees SF4 and each new iteration of it, gets excited as fuck, picks it up, learns a character, then ends up going "Fuck it, I'm not as good as 90% of these assholes playing it." then let it collect dust?

And then gets excited to buy SSF4 Ultra and buys a new controller for it....

Lyte Edge

PS3 version is labeled 720p, 360 version is labeled 1080p. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

IIRC both versions are 720P. The game upscales to 1080P on 360, but for true 1080P, you have to play the PC version. Same as its ever been.

Lyte Edge

I almost never get hatemail now....Quite weird compared to when I first started out and I'd get hatemail all the time for losing.....because people really wanted to rub it into my sub 1000pp face that I sucked.

I get it (and rage quits) depending on the character being used. Happens a LOT when I use Hugo, for whatever reason.

Exr

Ive been playing Rose since vanilla but the amount of hatemail I get accusing me of nutriding Luffy is funny.

Top Bottom