• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

I got hatemail last night from someone who said "don't run." This is after he beat me, but he never showed up after I hosted our game. It was confusing to me...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ive been playing Rose since vanilla but the amount of hatemail I get accusing me of nutriding Luffy is funny.

BECAUSE NO ONE EVER USED ROSE BEFORE EVO 2014. NOBODY EVER

NOT EVEN IN ALPHA 1-3 AND (LOL) CFE

STOP COPYING LUFFY, SIR

BE ORIGINAL AND PICK RYU

NOBODY USES RYU

EVER

alstein

Ive been playing Rose since vanilla but the amount of hatemail I get accusing me of nutriding Luffy is funny.

I somehow still get more hatemail for playing Honda- and Honda is pure ass in Ultra, he has like a half-dozen 3-7s. Just turned on the machine and got another hatemail. Crazy.

I somehow still get more hatemail for playing Honda- and Honda is pure ass in Ultra, he has like a half-dozen 3-7s. Just turned on the machine and got another hatemail. Crazy.

ha well if there are still noobs playing, i can see them sending honda hatemail. i used to always get "turtling _______ (insert derogatory word of your choice here)!" because i like to play a LAME ass honda (unless vs guile or sim, those matchups force me to go ham).

Nuklear

Banned
Capcom has to get that last little dig in on us PC users by making us wait till Friday while the box copies for 360/PS3 came out today. *grumbles*

With the PC version about to come out, can someone please mod Indestructible back?

Oh man, I would love for this mod to happen!

So are the PS4/Xbox1 versions part of these next gen remixes...ie 1080P? I think the biggest positive change they can make (since 1080P is probably not difficult for the systems) is improved net code.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So for those wondering about the retail Ultra's disc content, I can confirm that not everything released is on the disc. I.E., you still need:

-Vanilla SF4 data for colors 11 and 12
-SFxTK data for the five added characters' alt 1 outfits
-The Ultra compatibility pack and DLC unlock key for the five added characters' alt 2 outfits.

So this is basically Super+Ultra+All DLC outfits through AE on one disc. I mention Super because the game still reverts back to it in Challenge mode.

But all that content is on the disc this time. You just do a single data install to the HDD to decrease load times, as per usual.

So are the PS4/Xbox1 versions part of these next gen remixes...ie 1080P? I think the biggest positive change they can make (since 1080P is probably not difficult for the systems) is improved net code.

There are no announced PS4 and Xbone versions. It's inevitable though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I played Makoto since day 1 in Super. Day one when AE came out I got hella youre a tier whore messages.

Anyway, one of y'all motherfuckers come play me. My connection with Eissan is low tier :(

Sheroking

There's this one XBL Cody that accepts the match, picks his character and then rage quits on the menu before the match if I pick Rufus. If I pick any other character, he plays the match (he's free). He never leaves the game or kicks me at the ranked screen.

Always makes me laugh a bit.

ajb1888

Banned
So for those wondering about the retail Ultra's disc content, I can confirm that not everything released is on the disc. I.E., you still need:

-The Ultra compatibility pack and DLC unlock key for the five added characters' alt 2 outfits.

So this is basically Super+Ultra+All DLC outfits through AE on one disc. I mention Super because the game still reverts back to it in Challenge mode.

But all that content is on the disc this time. You just do a single data install to the HDD to decrease load times, as per usual.

Bummer about the colors, but oh well. Not the end of the world. I'm guessing the only real difference between the disc and digital bundle is you get the Ultra opening sequence rather than the Arcade Edition sequence?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
BECAUSE NO ONE EVER USED ROSE BEFORE EVO 2014. NOBODY EVER

NOT EVEN IN ALPHA 1-3 AND (LOL) CFE

STOP COPYING LUFFY, SIR

BE ORIGINAL AND PICK RYU

NOBODY USES RYU

EVER

I get pretty sad seeing shoto players in the year 2014. (no offense shoto players).

mbpm1

I get pretty sad seeing shoto players in the year 2014. (no offense shoto players).

Shotos just have all the things I need. I can't do without a good uppercut and a fireball and simple cr. whatever into safeish specials and normals that aren't crap

Alszem

So there's no way of unlocking these 2 colors if I don't have a copy of the original? That's lame.

Marceles

I almost never get hatemail now....Quite weird compared to when I first started out and I'd get hatemail all the time for losing.....because people really wanted to rub it into my sub 1000pp face that I sucked.

Maybe I'm the weird one, but I get friend requests to play more when I beat people. FPSs, "kill yourself and your family"...fighting games "hey ggs man, you're good, let's play more sometime! <3". I think the only time I've ever gotten a salty message was during SFxT from a dude who thought his Guy was great, but all he did was bushin flip, even on wakeup. The message was something like "you won but I think I outplayed you", after getting perfected. Not sure if he was trolling or not

McNum

I'm wondering if I should upgrade my Steam version of Arcade Edition to Ultra. I don't really play much, but Hugo looks interesting.

Anything new and good for Sakura or Rose? Didn't a Rose win EVO, or something?

Myn

With the PC version about to come out, can someone please mod Indestructible back?

After reading your post I figured out how to change the character select screen with Indestructible, it's actually really awesome and hype as hell. Anyone interested in it?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The only time i had hatemail was when I tried out Ibuki for online for a day and beat an Akuma. He then switched to Ibuki, who was apparently his main, and I still clutched it out twice with my shitty-no vortex no combo Freebuki. He was so mad he had to add me on Steam as a "friend" to tell me to kill myself lol

Haha, amazing. The only hatemail you get in Japan is like "keep doing your best". Sarcasm doesn't really work here...

Although I swear there's something fishy going on when you have a perfectly clean connection first round, get beaten, then start to win round 2 and that "Waiting for other player" message pops up for like half a second every few seconds...

What are they exactly?

I can't find any good pics, but 11 enhances the "ink" effect, making all the outlines thicker (a bit like SFxT) while 12 gives a "pencil" shading effect... They both look out of place and are really not worth your time.

It's strange seeing a new intro after having the same one for 4 years.

It was dumb of me to buy the disc copy since my 360 can barely play games off of a disc. Couldn't help it though. Just wanted to see all the stupid ass costumes. I'll be replacing my 360 eventually though.

synce

Is it even possible to play Decapre (or any charge character) with a Dualshock 3 without destroying your hands? Does anyone have tips or should I get a stick already?

My biggest problem is cancelling into hands/daggers, but I hate sliding across the dpad too

hypernima

Banned
i lost to the shittiest ryu today, i couldnt even blame nothing, i just had to hold that shit 3 times in a row
i dont know why i have such bad matches vs ryu.

i lost to the shittiest ryu today, i couldnt even blame nothing, i just had to hold that shit 3 times in a row
i dont know why i have such bad matches vs ryu.
Ryu isn't particular good, but he's pretty balance, perhaps you are rushing him down to much because you think he's low tier?

You play Cody right? You should be able to frame trap him fairly well with normals and zoink his predicable fb game.

ajb1888

Banned
How much should we bet on a PS4/X1 disc releasing that includes New Trials, colors/costumes including the summer set, a new character select screen and a new Patch/rebalance?

I'm excited to give Ultra a spin (gonna pick the disc up this week) but I don't feel this is the end of Capcom's re-release bonanza lol :)

hypernima

Banned
Ryu isn't particular good, but he's pretty balance, perhaps you are rushing him down to much because you think he's low tier?

You play Cody right? You should be able to frame trap him fairly well with normals and zoink his predicable fb game.

cant frame trap a dp character, well at least i cant

How much should we bet on a PS4/X1 disc releasing that includes New Trials, colors/costumes including the summer set, a new character select screen and a new Patch/rebalance?

I'm excited to give Ultra a spin (gonna pick the disc up this week) but I don't feel this is the end of Capcom's re-release bonanza lol :)

I bought the disc from Amazon for PS3 but I think I'm going to return it and just buy the upgrade. I have it repurchased for PC too so hopefully that'll be great.

I'd like to see Next Gen but only if they fix the net code ie optimize it. Other than make it 1080p, there's nothing else they can really do. But making it playable online after 5 years experience in the area would be great. Also, improve the player lobbies including rematch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats this about needing SF X T for the new characters alt 1s? is that for PC aswell?

I mean I own SF X T on steam, didnt really feel like redownloading it tho

emb

I honestly hope they don't release it for next gen. Give Ultra a little time, and then eventually transition to 5 for the new systems.

Maulik

Hey guys, former ps3 player now migrating to PC. Can anyone recommend a decent fight pad for me to use? Can't do sticks b/c of space and setup. Thanks.

stn

Anyone in Canada get the retail version of Ultra? Did you pre-order it and did it come with the 5 extra costumes? I pre-ordered mine and should be getting it tomorrow. Thanks.

Top Bottom