• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Has anyone gotten noticeably worse lag on PC in the past 1-2 days? Yesterday I noticed that I was getting worse lag than usual in matches and more frequently, along with some more instances of not being able to connect to people, even people that I normally play with all the time. This has continued on to today, so my question is this: is it possible that certain network instability in the days leading up to release of Ultra on PC indicate work on the network infrastructure of the game, perhaps something on Capcom's end? something that would not require a steam patch to affect the game?

Hey guys, former ps3 player now migrating to PC. Can anyone recommend a decent fight pad for me to use? Can't do sticks b/c of space and setup. Thanks.

Why exactly would it be difficult to use your stick on your PC? Honestly curious, surely it can't something that's worse spending 50+ on a new controller for?

Duress

Add me on Steam!

Cybaslasher

My tag is Duress right now. I'm still kind of a beginner. :/

Will this be moved to the community threads anytime soon?

stn

@The Mango Sentinel

Don't quote me on this but I think the skins are exclusive to Gamestop pre-orders.

@The Mango Sentinel

Don't quote me on this but I think the skins are exclusive to Gamestop pre-orders.

I'm kinda worried they are, but I swore before I preordered the game there was a bonus on amazon. I wouldn't have ordered it if there wasn't. I have no reason to since I already have the game on my HD.

But I have nothing in my email from amazon that tells me if there was one. Normally there is. Fuck. Oh well.

Edit:
Amazon orders will get the preorder code within 2 days after release date.
Oh ok, nice.

fleck0

GreenManGaming has the Steam upgrade for $12.

The current discount code is O7CNAE-Z1Y29P-QZAJ1I

I should note that I didn't get my code immediately. Though I've pre-ordered from them maybe a dozen times and they've always come through before release.

Lothars

GreenManGaming has the Steam upgrade for $12.

The current discount code is O7CNAE-Z1Y29P-QZAJ1I

I should note that I didn't get my code immediately. Though I've pre-ordered from them maybe a dozen times and they've always come through before release.
Yeah they haven't released codes yet.

mbpm1

Has anyone gotten noticeably worse lag on PC in the past 1-2 days? Yesterday I noticed that I was getting worse lag than usual in matches and more frequently, along with some more instances of not being able to connect to people, even people that I normally play with all the time. This has continued on to today, so my question is this: is it possible that certain network instability in the days leading up to release of Ultra on PC indicate work on the network infrastructure of the game, perhaps something on Capcom's end? something that would not require a steam patch to affect the game?

Yo do you play Abel on PC? Played someone with your name.

Anyone got any impressions of the Brady guide? Was thinking of picking it up, but then I see stuff like this tweeted

https://twitter.com/NJJoeLewis/status/496810694642503680/photo/1

Maybe its a misprint or maybe that is the way it is?

Is this for real? Elena is invincible on cr light?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hey guys, former ps3 player now migrating to PC. Can anyone recommend a decent fight pad for me to use? Can't do sticks b/c of space and setup. Thanks.

Mad Catz fight pads work great. I recommend the SFxTK versions, which got a new design over the SF4 versions. Get a 360 pad and all you need to do is plug it in and go!

2 more days until I say goodbye to USF4 on PSN forever

Will see you on PC (add me!), but I'll still be on PS3 too. Got some friends who play it there.

vg260

Every time I think I'm getting better at this game, I have a night where I just flail around and get beat down by both good players and stuff I should know how to handle. Perhaps I just get impatient.

leakey

Impatience kills me more than anything. That, coupled with trying too hard to pressure people on wakeup, or land a specific move/combo/setup.

vg260

Impatience kills me more than anything. That, coupled with trying too hard to pressure people on wakeup, or land a specific move/combo/setup.

Yeah, I end up trying to do stuff on people's wakeup, but get blown up myself. Probably at the point where I need to watch some videos or tutorials.

W.S.

I'm kind of thirsting for the new Summer costumes, its silly but I like that stuff.

I hope they bundle the pre-order/SFXT costume packs at some point as well.

Is anyone like me with these games? I've been playing street fighter since I was a kid, grew up playing it and stomping all my friends, then sees SF4 and each new iteration of it, gets excited as fuck, picks it up, learns a character, then ends up going "Fuck it, I'm not as good as 90% of these assholes playing it." then let it collect dust?

And then gets excited to buy SSF4 Ultra and buys a new controller for it....
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. That's me.

I'm okay stomping my nephews and small circle of friends though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
AE PC got patched today:

Patch Ver. 1.09 Now Available (Aug. 6th)
August 6 - wbacon [capcom]
Release Notes:

Reduced latency issues and frequent "Waiting for player…" message during online games.
Latency indicator that shows players' connection status now updates sooner.
Severe audio distortion issue improved by addressing memory leak.
Rendering performance restored on certain machines that had been impacted by the aforementioned memory leak.
VCredist install routine no longer occurs every time you launch the game.
Reduced wait time before the "Unable to join" message is displayed when searching for matches online.
Private Slots (Steam settings work differently than GFWL):
Empty public slots in lobby: no changes to joining rules
Empty private slots in lobby (3 options below):
Host's friend can join by using "Join Game" from friends list
Players can join by accepting invitation from the host
Players can join private lobby using "Join Game" on a friend that is not the host, if the player has the host of the lobby in his friends list.

Joining a friend that is the host in a private lobby is not possible but "Join Game" on the friends list is still active. (but ignored)"

False “New Challenger” interrupt by local 2nd player when playing Arcade Mode - Keyboard/pad/arcade stick settings problem has been addressed.

Now it is possible to manually change the refresh rate in the config.ini file (same as the GFWL version)

Players can now view recently player players by using the Steam overlay while the game is active.

Additional country flags have been supported: China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Cyprus, Malta, Thailand, Argentina, Indonesia, Ukraine

Degen

It took a little while to get used to the new Condor Spire command, but I think I have it down

Taking a long break from the game actually helped a lot

stn

Two things...

1. Any word on when these summer costumes are out? I want the Gouken skin.

2. Anyone down to play on XBL tonight?

Finally picked up USF4 and its my first street fighter game ever. Excited to pick up a main and see where that goes.

That intro is so hype btw.

whats going on with the new trials for the AE and Ultra characters then if it reverts to super when you go into challenge mode?

I assume they will update the old trials as well (well I hope...)

I got the guide this morning and have been looking through it, gotta say its done pretty damn well. With the exception of a few misprints I'm impressed, no major misinformation(so far). A few more combos for each character would have been a nice addition for newcomers, but they have most of the bnb's you'll need.

Edit: Also safejumps, there are some in there, but I kind of expected a few more.

mbpm1

Waiting for player messages definitely gone. the worst you'll get is lagspikes now, which also feel less common.

Top Bottom