• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Problem with spellchecker is it can't read your mind. Fatal is a legitimate word.

If I bother to spell check I do it myself.

Anyway, been away from home 3 of the last 4 weeks and not been online. Tonight is my return, hoping the disc release will mean some noobs online so I won't get bodied too much. Wish me luck.

vg260

Laziest trailer ever? No sound effects and didn't even spell check. "Femme Fatal".

To me this seems the worst bunch of costumes, I like Cammy, Fei and Elf but not much else.

Wish they were doing the SFxT option of buying individual costumes, I'm not buying three packs for three costumes.

Looking back on the old batches, most were pretty decent. Much more consistent overall. This batch has some good ones, but a bunch of atrocious ones. I'd take the former.

Coda

and incite more R. Mika trolling, lol

They should give R. Mika her own modern beat 'em up. Seriously why can't there be a next gen beat 'em up game with destructible environments and that powerful impact feeling. Sigh, I'm so bored with most modern video games guys.

Coda

Make your own. A lot of indies fed up with the direction of modern games do that.

I just don't think I could make the game I'd want with the resources I have. I don't want it to be an indie game, I want it to be a full fledged title with tons of replay value and RPG mechanics. Plus I don't know squat about programming other than the basic knowledge of how it is the backbone of games.

hitsugi

They should give R. Mika her own modern beat 'em up. Seriously why can't there be a next gen beat 'em up game with destructible environments and that powerful impact feeling. Sigh, I'm so bored with most modern video games guys.

R. Mika shouldn't get anything before Karin.

Karin would be God tier in SF4

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Abel player joins my lobby, gets bopped for two games, leaves, then salt ensues.

http://youtu.be/aznc8Fmf0Ho

He's not wrong, but I didn't say shit to him. Maybe he would've learned "how to fight Elena" if he had stuck around for more than two games, but I guess getting mad is easier than thinking.

It's not really beyond me that most people just don't know how to block that shit yet. It'd be nice if I ran into more people who could so I could get better.

Abel player joins my lobby, gets bopped for two games, leaves, then salt ensues.

http://youtu.be/aznc8Fmf0Ho

He's not wrong, but I didn't say shit to him. Maybe he would've learned "how to fight Elena" if he had stuck around for more than two games, but I guess getting mad is easier than thinking.

It's not really beyond me that most people just don't know how to block that shit yet.

lmao. Never Forget

St.HK on Abel's wakeup >>>>

I just don't think I could make the game I'd want with the resources I have. I don't want it to be an indie game, I want it to be a full fledged title with tons of replay value and RPG mechanics. Plus I don't know squat about programming other than the basic knowledge of how it is the backbone of games.

I know that feel. #thestruggle

Laziest trailer ever? No sound effects and didn't even spell check. "Femme Fatal".

To me this seems the worst bunch of costumes, I like Cammy, Fei and Elf but not much else.

Wish they were doing the SFxT option of buying individual costumes, I'm not buying three packs for three costumes.
Seriously. That was one of the few things that was great about that game. I really want Poison and Guile's alt, but fuck buying two packs.
lmao. Never Forget

St.HK on Abel's wakeup >>>>
Holy shit.....that is embarrassing. I'm not one to care about getting perfected, but damn....3 times in a row.

Onemic

I wonder if that's a bug. Aren't there other moves like that too? I think Blanka's cr.MK is like that now (it wasn't in AE2012 apparently).

it's supposed to...it just doesn't

I'm not sure about other normals being like that, but even so based on the type of move that it is, it should have CH bonus. It sorta makes it worthless because it doesnt

LowParry

GGs Chrismun, I had a feeling you were from gaf lol. I like your Vega/Bison.

I am so rusty as fuck man. lol - but yeah, I like my charge characters which has me interested to see how Decapre works out or not.

Edit: And that Dudley is a beast. I need more exposure to characters though.

SHL23

Banned
pc version is out in 2 days. wondering if i should get it. kinda got burnt out on sf4. is the mode where you can pick which version character you wanna play online?

Gambit61

I am so rusty as fuck man. lol - but yeah, I like my charge characters which has me interested to see how Decapre works out or not.

Edit: And that Dudley is a beast. I need more exposure to characters though.

Thanks! and Decapre looks pretty good, I was getting owned by her when I played on PSN.

pc version is out in 2 days. wondering if i should get it. kinda got burnt out on sf4. is the mode where you can pick which version character you wanna play online?

Not yet but it will be. No date yet but I assume it will be out sometime later this year. Gonna be fun to have GAF endless in ES mode. I'll be using Ultra Evil Ryu, Vanilla Seth, and AE Yun.

AE Yun is still better than Ultra?

Yes, he's far better. Trust me it's not even close. I don't want to go and make a list of stuff so I'll just tell you this. A lot of Yun's tools were nerfed, but he was so good in AE that he was still top 10 in AE 2012 and arguably the best character in USF4 with some minor changes and the help of the new system mechanics(mainly red focus). Anybody who plays Yun would tell you the same thing. The stuff he had or could do in AE was just disgusting.

Ultra Yun being arguably the best character in this version is a product of the entire cast as a whole getting weaker and weaker and not him being that good. I would say if this version of Yun is the best character in USF4, then he's the worse #1 ever. AE 2012 Cammy scares me more and don't get me started on AE Yun or Vanilla Sagat/Akuma. Super didn't have a truly stand out #1, and maybe this Yun could compete with the best characters from that version but that's about it.

Renekton

Yes, he's far better. Trust me it's not even close. I don't want to go and make a list of stuff so I'll just tell you this. A lot of Yun's tools were nerfed, but he was so good in AE that he was still top 10 in AE 2012 and arguably the best character in USF4 with some minor changes and the help of the new system mechanics(mainly red focus). Anybody who plays Yun would tell you the same thing. The stuff he had or could do in AE was just disgusting.

Ultra Yun being arguably the best character in this version is a product of the entire cast as a whole getting weaker and weaker and not him being that good. I would say if this version of Yun is the best character in USF4, then he's the worse #1 ever. AE 2012 Cammy scares me more and don't get me started on AE Yun or Vanilla Sagat/Akuma. Super didn't have a truly stand out #1, and maybe this Yun could compete with the best characters from that version but that's about it.
Enjoy while it lasts tho, combofiend talked about a future nerfbat

I think Fei is still way up there.

That character is just ridiculous. How the hell do you play footsies with that man?

I think Fei is still way up there.

That character is just ridiculous. How the hell do you play footsies with that man?
I get that a lot but I find rushdown characters kinda have there way with me when I'm playing Fei. Maybe it's character familiarity though, I've been maining Ken for years so I'm still much more comfortable with him. I feel like Fei doesn't have any mix-ups really though now that chicken wing can't be used as a cross up and you have to be a lot far away for Rekka to be safe besides the EX version.

He gets a KD or hit you with normals, but I find it pretty hard to really get inside my opponents head as fei.

Top Bottom