• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

kiaaa

Indeed. Good example is this, granted this had to be the best comeback I've ever had in AGES I can't help but think it was due to the lag. Look at some of the noob-ish movements (Like jumping all over the place, erratic movement, etc) I know I wouldn't have pulled this off normally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VQeMQrWapc

I feel bad for that Evil Ryu. It looks like the game was eating all his inputs (and E. Ryu combos are nearly impossible in lag).

I feel bad for that Evil Ryu. It looks like the game was eating all his inputs (and E. Ryu combos are nearly impossible in lag).

Exactly. Look how he would have done that perfect match on me second round. The game was randomly jumping back and forth for connectivity. It felt slow the entire round then when the game got a 100% connection I did the come back.

You really shouldn't be doing that level three focus on the opponent's wakeup, lol

Oh I know I shouldn't. But I'll be darned if it wasn't worth it just to capture this clip :p

Anybody still up and wants to play? If you lag, I will nuke you from orbit. Beware.

Steam? I'll PM you my profile.

I decided to buy the Arcade Challenger costume because it has Evil Ryu and Yun and those two are my main and secondary. I really dig Evil Ryu's new alt, I didn't think it would happen but I'm going to be rocking this for a while and finally retire hobo hammer pants Evil Ryu for a little while. To commemorate this, I uploaded a match in which I look good. I lose plenty to, but who wants to upload those matches :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTTTvJ_zhB4

I'm using color 7 in the video but I think color 13 is actually my favorite. But color 13 is also black but has some grey as well(the thing around his neck is grey). The only thing I don't like is that their is no version of this alt with black hair. I'm not a fan of red hair Evil Ryu. I only have one costume pack so far but I'll eventually buy the entire thing. But I'll probably wait a little while and hope that a Steam discount is coming.

alstein

Nice. $19.99 for the costume bundle is what I expected. Good deal for those who want them all.

On PC it will probably be on sale by Christmas. If you can wait a year 75% off.

I'm holding off for a while to see if Capcom improves their port quality on PC.

vg260

Nice. $19.99 for the costume bundle is what I expected. Good deal for those who want them all.

That's actually better than expected based on the pack discount from the last sets. nice they're all available at the same time instead of being released at a crawl.
Much more reasonable per costume than the DOA packs.

Got xbox points to use or lose, so I'll pick them up there and wait for a 75% sale on PC.

cHaotix8

The good thing about the bible is that it has all character frame data from Vanilla to Ultra; The Old Testament and everything in between, haha. Hopefully Capcom doesn't change too much more in the SFIV series.

Sorry, have to correct myself here. It has all the changes from Vanilla to Ultra, so if you played like Gen or something you'll know what all his changes were and what his moves used to be frame-wise if they changed.

stn

Gouken with black hair is awesome, one of the few alts I actually really like out of the set. Now I just have to level up my Gouken, lol.

Scrubbed out a win last night vs current number 1 guile. I'm pretty sure he wasn't happy about it, there was some weird lag near the end (PC version of course), so that's probably how it happened.

I'm not sure how he is ranked #1, he's definitely a good player but damn does he do a lot of unsafe stuff (as do I but trying to not do it as much).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3r4iiCte4o

Skab

Man. For some reason the Poison matchup for Decapre just escapes me. I always seem to just find myself unsure of what to do against her.

Marz

Scrubbed out a win last night vs current number 1 guile. I'm pretty sure he wasn't happy about it, there was some weird lag near the end (PC version of course), so that's probably how it happened.

I'm not sure how he is ranked #1, he's definitely a good player but damn does he do a lot of unsafe stuff (as do I but trying to not do it as much).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3r4iiCte4o

He's #1 currently because the game just came out and he's been playing more than the other Guile's. Online rankings won't start to be accurate for a few months and even then they're still suspect.

Like I was top 10 Sagat and Adon on PSN for a bit and my Adon sucks.

kiaaa

He's #1 currently because the game just came out and he's been playing more than the other Guile's. Online rankings won't start to be accurate for a few months and even then they're still suspect.

Like I was top 10 Sagat and Adon on PSN for a bit and my Adon sucks.

also, it's not like BP means anything before the B+ grind. that and I think they were from different regions because the Guile is higher ranked PP with 500 less.

that match was probably really laggy.

I feel like I need to join the PC players once they fix the netcode. I'm getting sick of psn...
I've had a good time in private lobbies with people. Granted I've only played people from the US and Canada and not farther away. It still has it's warts, but it avoids the lag caused by the constant searching for players in ranked or open lobbies.

Top Bottom