• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

hitsugi

That reminds me, even though we've been on each others friends list since week 1 of USF4 PC I don't think we've ever played each other. Infact I haven't played a number of you guys despite us being on each others friends list. I guess we're just not running into each other at the right time.

Yeah, I see you on Steam fairly often but I never see you in-game.

The road to 3k+ continues for me. Had a swing up to 2200, then down to 1400, now 1700. Apparently you don't gain any points when people DC on you... the fuck is that? Do they at least lose points?

Anyone still playing on steam? I been playing for ~40 hours, getting tire of playing random online.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kiunch/

Sent a request your way

Onemic

The road to 3k+ continues for me. Had a swing up to 2200, then down to 1400, now 1700. Apparently you don't gain any points when people DC on you... the fuck is that? Do they at least lose points?

Sent a request your way

They lose 100pp

I leave Steam on even when I'm away and never change my status. So it looks like I'm always on my PC when I'm not. I only play about 2-4 times a week though. But when I play I play in long spurts so when I check my activity I'm always at 20+ hours per 2 weeks(USF4 is the only game I play).

As for PP, it's harder to get 3k and stay over it when their are far fewer players on PC with higher PP. When I jump on Xbox I play plenty of guys with over 2k PP. On PC it's rarer to run into higher PP players so I'm constantly playing guys with much lower PP and every now and then I'll get random'd and lose around 100 points.

I was over 3k before but I'm a little over 2800 right now. I was trying to get it back to 3k again and was over 2900 before I played last night and then my internet died on me and I lost 128. And 128 is what you lose when you disconnect from a game whether you did it intentionally or not.

So I finally got in some time to play and felt I did ok. Played a couple of matches using Sim, Ken, Sagat, Blanka, Bison and Hawk. Beat a 3600BP Makoto with my 0BP Sim. Ended up using alot of Blanka and raised my BP for him near 2300. My PP is low but did end at 1050. Lol moment I had was when I did my U1 on a Rose player and the player did her air throw on my U1 to end the round. I literally lol

cackhyena

Never liked Rose. Playing or against her. I guess I should have specified that he's infuriating for some of my match ups. I bodied him with my Ibuki next match. I can enjoy a quality Dee Jay when watching on a stream. When playing against? I wish the worst things imaginable upon the player for eternity.

Never liked Rose. Playing or against her. I guess I should have specified that he's infuriating for some of my match ups. I bodied him with my Ibuki next match. I can enjoy a quality Dee Jay when watching on a stream. When playing against? I wish the worst things imaginable upon the player for eternity.

oh you would absolutely love my D
J

stn

Proud of my Gouken progress given that I've played the character less than 10 hours in total. Comments and/or critiques, please?

LINK

K.Sabot

Wow, a month break and PC is still the shitshow it was before. Suppose they're waiting until October's omega patch to bother attempting to fix their broken product.

Kioshen

Did anyone try the new PC beta netcode ? What's the verdict on that ? I walked away from the game not long after launch because of how disappointed I was about it.

vulva

just had the most pathetic experience in usf4 online for me yet. this dude kept challenging me in ranked. after 10 wins straight I started just kicking him out since it wasn't challenging or fun and his connection started lagging after awhile. 3 matches later from some new name I join up and it ends up being the same dude. He went through the effort to change his name so I wouldn't kick him so he could challenge me again

I think after 10 games and him not winning any it's fair for me to decline playing him more so I can play new people. Or am I just being a dick?

hitsugi

When it comes to stuff like that, I'll take free points. But if they aren't worth much (similar or higher PP) I wouldn't bother.

Did anyone try the new PC beta netcode ? What's the verdict on that ? I walked away from the game not long after launch because of how disappointed I was about it.

Wait until next month. No proper verdict could be determined at the moment. It was bad, then good for a week, then bad.. There's going to be a patch addressing this and some other things.

vulva

When it comes to stuff like that, I'll take free points. But if they aren't worth much (similar or higher PP) I wouldn't bother.

Wait until next month. No proper verdict could be determined at the moment. It was bad, then good for a week, then bad.. There's going to be a patch addressing this and some other things.

Heh, I kinda did that actually. I played him down til he was below 3k then I started to kick him. It was mostly just the lag that was getting on my nerves though.

Either way, dude helped me get to over 4200 pp now. Kinda cool I guess

Kioshen

Thanks for the feedback!

My logic is if the guy is a low level player, I'll play him 3-4 times for combo practice. But I'll get tired of playing him because he's not giving me any points or being competitive. If he has similar PP and I'm bodying him, I'll probably do 3-4 matches again and bail because I don't want the guy to figure me out lol.

BTW, is this you Hitsu? A few days ago I got a invite from "Hiryu" which I assume is you because you have the same avatar. It looks like someone was impressed by your video and uploaded it. I found it just looking for Evil Ryu videos on youtube. It's kind of funny how you dropped the SRK at the end just like I did(assuming this is you)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVaNB8CWD10

Ugh, so close to buying another year of Xbox Live. Must resist.

I gave in and got another 3 months of Live. That should hold me over until the final patches come out on PC next month. Depending on how good it is will decide whether I renew Live again. I have to admit, I do like the larger player pool and higher level of players on the Xbox version. Not that it's full of top players, but at least their are plenty of intermediate players around my level which makes it more fun when people have a better idea of how to play the game.

just had the most pathetic experience in usf4 online for me yet. this dude kept challenging me in ranked. after 10 wins straight I started just kicking him out since it wasn't challenging or fun and his connection started lagging after awhile. 3 matches later from some new name I join up and it ends up being the same dude. He went through the effort to change his name so I wouldn't kick him so he could challenge me again

I think after 10 games and him not winning any it's fair for me to decline playing him more so I can play new people. Or am I just being a dick?

nah, I'd have done the same thing.

alstein

My impression- made PSN seem unplayable. Not perfect, but 1 vs 1 unranked matches can run awesomely.

Avoid 8-man lobbies and chat spammers though. (at least the first is going to be addressed in final PC patch)

hitsugi

My logic is if the guy is a low level player, I'll play him 3-4 times for combo practice. But I'll get tired of playing him because he's not giving me any points or being competitive. If he has similar PP and I'm bodying him, I'll probably do 3-4 matches again and bail because I don't want the guy to figure me out lol.

BTW, is this you Hitsu? A few days ago I got a invite from "Hiryu" which I assume is you because you have the same avatar. It looks like someone was impressed by your video and uploaded it. I found it just looking for Evil Ryu videos on youtube. It's kind of funny how you dropped the SRK at the end just like I did(assuming this is you)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVaNB8CWD10

I gave in and got another 3 months of Live. That should hold me over until the final patches come out on PC next month. Depending on how good it is will decide whether I renew Live again. I have to admit, I do like the larger player pool and higher level of players on the Xbox version. Not that it's full of top players, but at least their are plenty of intermediate players around my level which makes it more fun when people have a better idea of how to play the game.

Yeah that's me. It's my channel actually; I just uploaded the vid to show my friend that those loops can be done on PC - of course I dropped the dumbest part of it though.

If nothing else, like someone else noted, Xbox just has way more players over 2-3k PP, and it's easier to break into that area of play because of that. PC does have its share of good players, but they are few and far in between compared to Xbox. The best example is both PR Rog and Wong going to PC, staying through week 1 of beta.. then promptly returning to Xbox after things went back to being terrible. I've been tempted to pick up a used 360 or something, but we'll see what happens next month.

Kioshen

My impression- made PSN seem unplayable. Not perfect, but 1 vs 1 unranked matches can run awesomely.

Avoid 8-man lobbies and chat spammers though. (at least the first is going to be addressed in final PC patch)

For once I didn't splurge on all the editions. I figured that I would give Capcom one small chance and they blew it surprising no one. At least the new netcode looks better if it can support 1v1 which is enough for me. I rarely go higher than 4 person lobbies anyway so that's fine by me.

Thanks for the feedback !

stn

Fuerte winning just says a lot about the structure of the game in general. You can't zone him, you can't play standard footsies, and he's slippery on wake-up. Yes, Fuerte as a character has unsafe options and has to make reads. Problem is that his attacks came out quickly and are hard to anti-air.

The body check is unsafe but has pushback, the spinning air throw comes out quickly and is difficult to AA, and he has armor on some EX moves. Not to mention his dashing allows him to screw with your spacing. Lastly, one knockdown and you're potentially guessing all day due to his vortex.

Lots of the matches I see of good players facing him has them just jumping and throwing focus attacks in hopes of landing something. It doesn't even "look" like Street Fighter anymore. It wouldn't be as much of an issue if fireballs overall weren't so mediocre at creating long-range pressure.

The good thing is it shows that most characters can win a major. But as a SF player the character just makes me want to barf sometimes.

I don't play ranked but I suppose the same could be applied to lobbies. I absolutely won't kick anyone unless they have a shitty connection. As much as I wanna kick the bad players, I don't. If they're willing to stick around and they want to learn the game then I'm not going to kick them. Everyone has to start somewhere. I do however try to get them to leave by trolling them HARD. I will do nothing but grabs or spam the same moves over and over. Most of the time they'll leave, but sometimes they adapt and I'm actually proud.

But yeah I would've kicked the guy if his connection started to suck, so no you're not a dick.

Coda

Nice, yeah I may do that as well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PC lag is still horrible and no circumstances are immune to it. It can happen any time. Best thing to do is find somebody you don't lag with much and play with them in a session hoping it doesn't strike you in that moment.
Before anything I made it clear to certain people that should be priority over any added modes or other patches.

Myn

I just realized that they probably won't put out Omega mode in the patch next month. They keep emphasizing "later this year" while the patch is being marketed for October.

:( I want Omega mode more than online fixes, but that's just me...

I just realized that they probably won't put out Omega mode in the patch next month. They keep emphasizing "later this year" while the patch is being marketed for October.

I am the opposite I want online fixes, many times i have dropped combos because of lag, tired of that shit, my friend lives 5.5 miles away from me(googlemaps) with a 50 meg down and 15up connection and it will lag in every match, while on GFWL probably had no more than 5 laggy games in over 1000 matches played dating back to SF4..and lets not talk about Ranked games shit is horrible..

mbpm1

Fought a few matches with a 3k pp Rose/Bison. I thought I would get destroyed, but it came down to the wire each time. Good feeling.

Onemic

I am the opposite I want online fixes, many times i have dropped combos because of lag, tired of that shit, my friend lives 5.5 miles away from me(googlemaps) with a 50 meg down and 15up connection and it will lag in every match, while on GFWL probably had no more than 5 laggy games in over 1000 matches played dating back to SF4..and lets not talk about Ranked games shit is horrible..

Yup, I've had enough experience on the PC side now to definitively say that PSN is better than steamworks turd of netcode

Combofiend confirmed that Omega mode isn't going to be in the patch, but would be released at a later date.

alstein

Yup, I've had enough experience on the PC side now to definitively say that PSN is better than steamworks turd of netcode

Combofiend confirmed that Omega mode isn't going to be in the patch, but would be released at a later date.

Exact opposite experience of mine. PC netcode is fine most of the time, PSN was a smoking turd, as it was for any Capcom game.

i think onemic is trying to justify his sfu4 ps3 purchase! PC shit pile is still better than PS3 fecal mountain!

search your heart, you know it to be true!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
As bad as PC is, still 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 times better than PSN.

Marz

When I'm OSing a s.lk>lp green hand with Gief how on earth do I do it so the green hand doesn't come out if the lk whiffs?

Anyone have any clue?

Myn

When I'm OSing a s.lk>lp green hand with Gief how on earth do I do it so the green hand doesn't come out if the lk whiffs?

Anyone have any clue?

Try srk LK~LP but press LP when his boot is out the farthest during his kick animation. Doing it any faster kara cancels the LK for some reason I think.

Robot Pants

So is this game fixed on PC yet or still a complete joke online? Cause I want to stop paying for Live.

Oh. Looks like it's still shit until Omega..... Maybe

Top Bottom